Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Jung Jae Show their Funny Sides in Recent CFjeon-ji-hyun-lee-jung-jae-cf.png

It is always fun to watch actors get out of their film characters and simply be goofy. In the latest ad for SK Telecom’s “Good Looking LTE-A,” actors Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Jung Jaeshowed off their dance moves.

In the television ad, both actors showed their unique style of dancing as they got down and silly with the song “Good Looking.” Jun Ji Hyun, who is currently receiving much love forSBS’ “Man from the Stars,” showcased her comic dance.

jeon-ji-hyun-lee-jung-jae-c.jpg

As the actress plays a goofy actress on the drama, Jun Ji Hyun seems to embrace her silly side by simply having fun with the CF. Lee Jung Jae also gave off his wide smile while showing off his funny dance moves. Different than his charismatic and stoic movie characters, the actor seemed to not care about his image as he danced freely to the music.

Check out the silly CF below to watch both Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Jung Jae dance their hearts out!

http://www.soompi.com/2014/02/11/jun-ji-hyun-and-lee-jung-jae-show-their-funny-sides-in-recent-cf/#.Uvt-iGKSwTa

class="art_title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 300; font-size: 20px; font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); width: 526px;"Jeon Ji-hyun Back in 'My Sassy Girl' Mode for TV Soap

From the classic romantic comedy "My Sassy Girl" to the more recent "The Thieves," actress Jeon Ji-hyun has more than earned her acting stripes. She has now returned to the world of TV soaps for the first time in 14 years with a starring role in an SBS drama.

Reflecting on her 16-year acting career, as well as her real-life role as a housewife, she said on Monday at a press event for the drama, which began airing on Wednesday, that she feels like she has entered a new stage of her life. 

"People have certain thoughts about how you're supposed to behave at a certain age, such as being more mature and getting married. My life has changed a lot in the last few years, and at some point I realized that I had become a grown-up. I think this made me feel more confident about what I’m doing and relaxed about my life," she said. 

Jeon is enjoying renascent popularity in the wake of two box-office hits -- "The Thieves" in 2012 and "The Berlin File" in 2013.

But it is her comic skills that come to the fore in the new soap, a fantasy romance involving a top actress and a man who comes to Earth from another planet.

When asked whether she hesitated before accepting the role in the new soap, she said, "I've played several characters in the past that required me to show different sides of myself, or things that I'm not used to, but I was able to do it based on the confidence I got from the people around me, as well as my fans. I think now it is time for me to figure out which roles I can do best and focus on them."

Jeon debuted as a model for a fashion magazine in 1997 when she was 16 and shot to stardom in the late 1990s by appearing in several TV ads.

She became a teen idol after appearing in "Il Mare" in 2000 and "My Sassy Girl" in 2001, but in the following decade her movies received scant attention. Her career got a second wind after she married last year.

"I started acting when I was young. Sometimes I wanted to give it up, but now I want to keep doing it for a long time. After all, actors express themselves through their works. I feel like acting is my destiny," she said.

englishnews@chosun.com / Dec. 21, 2013 08:10 KST
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/12/21/2013122100354.html

Jun Ji Hyun Worries How She Looks Next to Kim Soo Hyun

Jun Ji Hyun expressed her concern starring in SBS’s new drama You Who Came From the Stars alongside her co-star, Kim Soo Hyun. 

When the two stars appeared together on December 18’s broadcast of SBS’s One Night of TV Entertainment, Jun Ji Hyun was asked about acting with Kim Soo Hyun again after starring in the movie The Thieves together.
53900002.jpg
“I thought Kim Soo Hyun looked thinner than last time, so out of concern, I asked him ‘why do you look thinner?’” said the actress. “But his body looked so good on the screen.”

“So I thought thin bodies look better on screens, and became more aware of how my body looks on the screen,” continued Jun Ji Hyun. “I’m worried that people might start comparing my body to his.”

Photo credit: SBS

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/53900/junjihyun-is-worried-about-how-her-body-looks-on-screen

February 13, 2014
Gianna Jun’s Trench Coat in ‘Love from Stars’ is about to be out of Stock
Source: BNTNews
4kvtwse61bt4o4o9e8xu1ycx1d7he4k9.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] The trench coat that Gianna Jun put on in the latest episode is already about to be sold out in stores.
In the 16th episode of SBS’ series ‘Love from Stars,’ Gianna Jun attracted attention of women audiences as she appeared in trendy dark navy trench coat. In the series, the actress put the same product on in other colors for several times and caused ‘sold out’ immediately. This product is a classic timeless product that can be practically worn with casual or modern items.  
According to the program, this trench coat is a product of women’s fashion brand Shesmiss and is nearly out of stock since light khaki is already all sold out.
Meanwhile, Gianna Jun singed a contract with Shesmiss for two years as an exclusive brand model. (photo by Shesmiss)

February 14, 2014
Gianna Jun’s Bag in ‘Love from Star’ To be Sold at a Charity Auction
Source; BNTNews
tettbs9d9j6nsou6qe9u15b0jugnlfn6.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Every item that Gianna Jun holds is immediately sold.
Gianna Jun recaptured the first place position of fashion icon. The actress is enjoying a renaissance by appearing as a main role in SBS’ series ‘Love from Star’ and any item she wears in the series is immediately running out of stock.
beipjmeiw7shp70kidgl2k7sl3em4uv5.jpg

In the 16th episode, Gianna Jun put on purple over-sized coat with rouge & lounge’s ‘it bag,’ which aroused attentions of women audiences as soon as the episode ended. After the shooting, producers of ‘Love from Star’ held a small charity auction event and this bag was sold for over $2,000, attracting attention of all the participants.
An associate in rouge & lounge added that so many people are calling for more information regarding Gianna Jun’s bag and the percentage of sales has increased noticeably. It is expected that the ‘Gianna Jun fever’ will continue at least until the series is over. (photo captured from SBS ‘Love from Star,’ and by rouge & lounge)

Been having a bad case of LSS with JJH's SK Telecom CF with Lee Jungjae-nim. I thought the jingle sounded silly but man, the retention it leaves is no joke. Anyway, I love that they worked together on a project again. Would love to see more from JJH in the next months. Will surely keep my eyes on her projects too even after Byeol Geudae. :)

lisagi

said: @lela6130 hey, so have you watched the berlin file? I watched it already

:)

at first I wasn't sure because the genre but as I was keep watching, the plot just going more interesting. So I would recommend it. Not only because it is an A-list movie but also you can see JJH's different character in that film. She is really awesome in it.

;)

Hi all :-h

I am watching You Who Came From Another Star a Haha. I only know Jeon Ji Hyun before as a very high status actress but I have never watched her in anything until YWCFAS. It's my first time watching her. At first, I thought her acting was awkward but later I realized that she has a unique acting and that she is great. I already watched My Sassy Girl yesterday :x :x then I spent my whole Sunday watching her CF's and interviews. I know I just know her recently but I lover her already lol. I'm looking forward to knowing more about her, please help me :D

Gtg, I'm about to marathon her movies tonight :) I wish she have dramas every year because I'll be missing her after finishing her movies and YWCFAS :((

avidneri1003 said: Hi all :-h I am watching You Who Came From Another Star and I'm afraid to admit that I'm falling in love with Jeon Ji Hyun. Haha. I only know Jeon Ji Hyun before as a very high status actress but I have never watched her in anything until YWCFAS. It's my first time watching her. At first, I thought her acting was awkward but later I realized that she has a unique acting and that she is great. I already watched My Sassy Girl yesterday :x :x then I spent my whole Sunday watching her CF's and interviews. I know I just know her recently but I lover her already lol. I'm looking forward to knowing more about her, please help me :D Gtg, I'm about to marathon her movies tonight :) I wish she have dramas every year because I'll be missing her after finishing her movies and YWCFAS :((

avidneri1003 said: Hi all :-h I am watching You Who Came From Another Star and I'm afraid to admit that I'm falling in love with Jeon Ji Hyun. Haha. I only know Jeon Ji Hyun before as a very high status actress but I have never watched her in anything until YWCFAS. It's my first time watching her. At first, I thought her acting was awkward but later I realized that she has a unique acting and that she is great. I already watched My Sassy Girl yesterday :x :x then I spent my whole Sunday watching her CF's and interviews. I know I just know her recently but I lover her already lol. I'm looking forward to knowing more about her, please help me :D Gtg, I'm about to marathon her movies tonight :) I wish she have dramas every year because I'll be missing her after finishing her movies and YWCFAS :((

February 17, 2014
From Gianna Jun to Lee Yong Ae, Skincare Rules for Actresses’ Glowing Skin
Source: STARN News
j1ikzwrk4ibd2coy2c2vggj0nko6uu65.jpg
[by Kim Hye Ji / translated by Chloe Yun] If you want to get actresses’ flawless, silky skin, you need to follow their skincare routines. 
From Lee Young Ae to Gianna Jun to Kim Ha Neul, actresses didn't get their perfect skin for free. It is the result of years of effort and thorough skincare routines. Here are the three actresses’ beauty rules. 
◆ Lee Young Ae, “Small Amount of Good Stuff” 
Lee Young Ae recently appeared on SBS ‘Good Morning’ and revealed her skincare secret. She said, “Too many skin products can do more harm than good. I use camellia oil and one moisturizing cream only. I don’t even use eye cream.”
Made of camellia fruit extract, the camellia oil that Lee Young Ae recommended from the show has an excellent effect to strengthen nails and hair so it is widely used as an ingredient of shampoo and moisturizer. It contains oleic acid that moisturizes and relaxes skin, as well as Gamma Linolenic acid which is very effective on reducing itchiness. 
◆ Gianna Jun, “Focus on Moisturizing”
From a dress to lipstick, everything about Gianna Jun is a hot issue, as she appearing in today’s hottest series ‘Love from Star.’ In the series, her character ‘Chun Song E’ always carries a facial mist and soothing balm everywhere she goes. The products she used in the shows were from Korea cosmetic brand ‘Hanyul,’ where she has worked as an ambassador. Gianna Jun reportedly enjoy using Hanyul’s ‘Gogyeol Rich Effect Hydration Essence Water,’ which is widely know as ‘Gun Song E’s Mist.’
To keep skin glowing and moist at the dry filming set, she needs rich hydration from the basic skin care steps. She applies sunscreen and chooses a BB cream that can accentuate the natural glow of her skin as much as possible. 
◆ Kim Ha Neul, ‘Complete with Glow’ 
Kim Ha Neul has her unique skincare tips. She even has her own facial massage how-to named after her name. ‘Cell glow massage,’ which is widely known ‘Kim Ha Neul massage,’ helps blood circulation by pressing certain parts of the face, like the middle of the forehead, eyebrow bones, and temples. She also emphasized the importance of cleansing and moisturizing. 
If you call yourself a beauty trendsetter, then pay attention to new beauty trend, ‘finisher.’ ‘Finisher’ protects skin from drying out and creating a thin oil film on your face. Apply finisher after fully moisturize your skin with essence and moisturizing cream. 
Finisher improves the level of brightness, glow, moisture, and clearness. It keeps skin glowing and moist all day long. 
◆ Editors’ Pick 9nu01licnny9wnwhulwdolubbzg8xxuw.jpg
01 Hanyul Ja Woon Dan Hydrating Soothing Balm 02 Hanyul Gogyeol Rich Effect Hydration Essence Water03 COREANA Zain Essential Face Oil 04 Sulwhasoo Luminature Essential Finisher 05 COREANA Zain Finisher 06 Fo Soo Yeon Cream 
(photo by SBS’s Lee Young Ae’s Banquet, bntnews DB) 

February 18, 2014
Gianna Jun, To Release the Shining Body Pictorial
Source: BNTNews
87e09o003sxwv1nhb8wxe3v7jd0ygcid.jpg
[by Sunghee Park] Gianna Jun’s new pictorial cut is becoming an issue. 
Prior to the release of oriental care brand Illi’s new product ‘Fresh Moisture’ line, the pictorial was taken with Amore Pacific’s exclusive model Gianna Jun. 
Illi, which became an issue with its ‘Illusion Dress’ pictorial, again captured people’s attention with ‘Shining Body’ pictorial this time. 
The biggest characteristic of this pictorial cut is that the pictorial was taken with Gianna Jun, who is currently acting as Chun Song Yi inside the SBs drama ‘Man From the Star,’ that the pictorial cut greatly reveals the high quality attraction of Gianna Jun. 
Moreover, Ginna Jun’s nude tone dress and perfect body line greatly shines inside the pictorial that key word ‘Shining Body Gianna Jun’ was created. 
Meanwhile, Illi’s new product, which created Gianna Jun’s shining body line, is a ‘Fresh Moisture’ Line that is produced in 6 kinds of body care products. Ginseng extract inside the product makes the body line to look smoother and more flexible. Also, citron ingredients, which include 3 times of vitamin than lemon and 25 times vitamin C than apple or pear, deliver the liveliness and fresh smell to skin. 
Meanwhile, Illi’s fresh moisture line will be found through main marts and Aritaum stores in Korea from upcoming March. (photo by Amore Pacific)

February 21, 2014
China media sees lessons in S. Korean TV dramas
Source: YonhapNews
BEIJING, Feb. 21 (Yonhap) -- China's state-run media on Friday urged the country's TV drama producers to learn from South Korean dramas, citing a "new round of popularity" in China over a Korean fantasy-romance soap "You Who Came From the Stars."
The hit drama series, which is also enjoying a popularity rating of about 25 percent in South Korea, is rapidly gaining wider audience appeal in China, with actors Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun becoming household names among young Chinese people.
Running in prime time on commercial station SBS TV since December, "You Who Came From the Stars" features the story of an alien from outer space who falls in love with a top actress.
In an op-ed piece published by the China Daily, writer Xiao Lixin attributed the Korean drama's success in China to "great innovations in South Korean TV productions in terms of themes and narrative patterns."
"Take You Who Came From The Star as an example. Although aliens visiting Earth is an oft-used theme, You Who Came From The Star's script remains logical and fast-paced," Xiao wrote.

"When it comes to love stories, the new South Korean teleplays no longer use the distress card; instead, they intersperse them with whimsy and romantic punch lines," Xiao said.
High-speed photography and computer-generated effects also helped Korean TV dramas create a life-like visual impact, Xiao said.
"Hopefully, the innovation-induced success of South Korean TV programs will prompt Chinese TV drama makers to think up new ideas and abandon their bad practice of copying foreign productions in order to attract more viewers at home, and possibly abroad," Xiao said.
AEN20140221002400315_01_i.jpg