Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

On 28/02/2018 at 3:06 PM, Berou said:

I just thought about romance dramas and I thought korean tend to portray really well romance in dramas, so I want YSH to play in different kind of romance dramas and experience different aspect  of romance :

- an appropriate age romance i.e romance people in his age experience

- a sacrifice romance

- a forbidden love

- a noona-dongsaeng romance

- a mature romance

- a romance between married couple tackling the issues that marriage brings in

-  an unconditional romance

- romance in slice of life type dramas

the options are endless, I want him be part of these type of romance dramas. What do you think @justlove and @sakura2016 ?

I so love this list and I'm so looking forward to see Yoo Seung Ho taking on such romance plots :wub: he have enough mature aura, deep voice and emoting eyes that will make us totally believe and root for his love story(ies) :blush: but as the weak hearted person that you know I am, let's not take the forbidden and sacrifice romance!! :sweatingbullets: *gulp* I want happy endings please!! hhhhhhh :tongue:

and can I add a "hate turn to love" romance?!! I reaaaaaaaly love this kind of romance!! :wub: like he's believed to be a bad guy (and he is in a way :tongue: how cool would he be?!! :blush:) and she's against him but she end up forced to be by his side for her safety and they start falling for each other against their will/acceptance without even realising!! :wub: I really want to see him in such role!! :wub:

On 25/02/2018 at 7:58 PM, Berou said:

Oohhh I'm not surprised by his answers in his interviews. He has always been honest and sincere in his interviews, ever since he was a child. He always says what is on his mind with simple words. He isn't someone who goes around the bush or give stndards/ formals interviews. This is the biggest reason why I've become his fan. His honesty is an attractive quality.

Here are a few of his bold/ honest quotes from interviews : 

Spoiler

- "Money or fame is not my priority. I want to become an actor who can continue his career for a long time.”

I wouldn’t recommend being a child actor. As a child actor, if you do well, it’s hard to break that image [as a child actor], and if you don’t do well, it’s hard to continue on as an actor.

I don’t have celebrity friends. I still hang out with my middle school friends

I wouldn’t recommend being a child actor. As a child actor, if you do well, it’s hard to break that image [as a child actor], and if you don’t do well, it’s hard to continue on as an actor.

-“I didn’t go to college because I didn’t want to study. I said the same thing at an interview at the time, but the article excluded the part about me saying I didn’t want to study and made my image better than I had intended to make it (laughs). In secondary school, I studied because my parents told me to, but I honestly didn’t like studying. I still feel that way, so I have no thoughts of going to college. Maybe I’ll go if I feel like studying some day.

-  Yes. Very lonely. I don’t have memories of going on a school excursion or special memories. I am always alone. I guess this is what we call lonely. As a artiste, there are a lot of people who will come to me because they are curious and I would have to act in front of them, and then they will leave. But I have 2 very close friends. They don’t treat me like an artiste, we will quarrel with each other and such. Even though life is hard, but they work hard for life. While looking at them, I will always get motivated and relief stress.

- My youth is gone, maybe this is the feeling when you are a youth. Not long ago, I was still a minor, since 6 years old I started to do all these things, so compared to all my friends, I have a better grasp of success. But up till now, the things that I do are not the things that I want to do but is pulled to do, only right now, I would say it is MY career. I am 20 years old! I need to buck up! Through this job, how successful can I get? Since I am doing it, I would want to see great success! Haha. I would like to believe it.

I attend Uni because I need academic achievements. The school needs me because they need celebrities, this relationship has no meaning. Even if I go to the Uni, I will be in the Theatre School, I will be able to learn much more at the filming site like that

- I want to have great success, Senior Lee Byeong Hyeon has gone to Hollywood. I want to go there too

-  What kind of actor do you want to become ? Someone who is recognised in the entertainment industry, want to be the most outstanding person within those of the same age, to be top of the top

- There's a scene in The Way Home where I have to catch a bug. The director changed the script a day before filming, and since there were a lot of lines, I struggled with memorizing it and he reprimanded me for not being able to memorize it all. At the time, I wanted to tell him to do it himself. 

- I act not for the money but for the experience

- What do you think is important for the advancement of the Korean movie industry?
A good script. I want more people to participate in the script writing process and be able to express what they don't like about it.

I haven't seen  a korean actor saying he acts for the experience, not for the money.  YSH is such a gem. Like

@sakura2016said he always find a way to correct people who admire him, telling them their thinking is wrong  -> the scandal topic or university topic.  He has always been straightforward with his answers, he  knows what he likes and what are his goals. He has a good head on his shoulders.  Back in 2016, we've discussed for weeks about his reserved personality. He is someone who practices self-disciplne and self-control. He doesn't let his emotions to show up, instead he bottles them up inside. He is very strict and critical with himself, that's the reason why he refuses magazine photoshoots if he feels not satisfied with his acting gigs or if his acting gigs have failed.  I'm very happy to hear about the positives changes in him. The day has finally come, it was long OVERDUE !!!  I've noticed them long before but he was very subtle, only a very  observant and detailed person could noticed them.  It's just he is being outspoken and doesn't bother to hide them now. 

The time has finally come, he still bears scars from his childhood and  from acting at a young age. He has said multiple times in the past that he got hurt by the adults who would approach him for non honest purposes. Now he enjoys acting sincerely but being in the spotlight/ celebrity life is a burden for him.  This is the reason why he didn't like acting at first, also the reason why he run away from the entertainment industry to enlist at a young age, it is also the reason why he has said multiple times he wants to get married with a non-celebrity wife.  It is also the reason he finds hard till to this to open himself up, confide himself and talk about his struggles to people. 

Over the years he has grown up and has changed,  he went from a young teen to young adult, who is now ready to fully taste the life and to tackle the upcoming challenges. As a fan I wish him the utmost happiness and I can't wait to see him growing up even more, maturing and  surprising us day by day.  As long as he is happy, his fans will be happy. 

thank you soooooo much for this post chingu!! :heart: re-reading Yoo Seung Ho's interview quotes fill my heart with admiration toward him more and more!! he's mature beyond his age, knows what he wants and go for it!! his fame and statue that he gained since his childhood days didn't affect his ego but he grew up to be this modest and humble young man who aside from his responsabilities as an actor and a celebrety he see and live his life like everyone else around his age and wants to be seen and treated based on that without being treated as a celebrety all the time by those around him and I have a huge respect and admiration toward him for that!! :heart: I feel sad for the pain he had and still enduring but I'm happy with the changes we're seeing of him being more opening up and accepting his celebrety statue allowing himself to enjoy himself while filming beside keeping overly pressuring and self-creticising himself!! and I pray as time goes by he'll meet more people who'd see and love him as him not as actor Yoo Seung Ho but person Yoo Seung Ho and get to share his struggles and worries with those who really love him and wish the best for him!! and he'll meet those people for sure with his sincere and good heart!! :heart:

On 27/02/2018 at 9:53 PM, Berou said:

Such a bittersweet and  realistic open ending .   I can only  interpret the last scene metaphorically : after finding out Seo Jin Wo, Lee In Ah followed him and never let him go. She always watched him from a distance, following each of his step because she didn't want to get  too close to him fearing he might discover the truth.  Such a truth would put him in great dispair and pain. He needs to forget in order to be happy.  On the other hand, despite the fact losing his memory, Seo Jin Woo remembers from his heart that he had a lover.  Although he can't recognize her, he remembers the feelings  he had for her. This is the reason why he penned a love note intended for her.  Throughout his misery, he  studied in  a room without any windows, he always wore dark clothes and his face showed a restless expression.  It is only when his alzheimer deteriotated gravely and made him lose his memories that he changed his wardrobe and hairstyle. The last scene is at the same time painful and a balm : painful because Seon Jin Woo can't even remember his lover and a balm because he  has finally met happiness. 

you made the ending more bearable for me now!! not that I won't be heartbroken anymore because I will!! :tongue: but I can see that he's happier that way without his painful memories and I canmake my own additional ending version with him falling for In Ah once again with new memories as much as he can make!! she won't give up and his heart knows his loved person!! :heart:

On 28/02/2018 at 3:49 AM, justlove said:

Ahh I miss Remember. Even though I cried every single episode, I loved it. It’s worth all the pain and tears :heart:

yeah it's totally worth it!! :heart:

• Like 2

On 2/28/2018 at 8:06 AM, Berou said:

I just thought about romance dramas and I thought korean tend to portray really well romance in dramas, so I want YSH to play in different kind of romance dramas and experience different aspect  of romance :

- a sacrifice romance

- a forbidden love

- a mature romance

the options are endless, I want him be part of these type of romance dramas. What do you think @justlove and @sakura2016 ?

Yes I agree that romance is portrayed really well in kdramas. If I had to choose what kind of romance drama for YSH to do next, I think I’d go with:

- Noona/dongsaeng romance (can he get paired up with Park Min Young again for this project? Because I’m still sad that their love story didn’t fully develop in Remember. They had nice chemistry :))

- Romance between married couple. It’d be completely different from his previous projects and a good learning experience for him.

- Romance in slice of life drama. Because I like watching slice of life dramas and I'd like to see YSH star in one some day :)

- A forbidden love because the acting can get intense and we all know how good YSH’s acting can get :wink:

15 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I so love this list and I'm so looking forward to see Yoo Seung Ho taking on such romance plots :wub: he have enough mature aura, deep voice and emoting eyes that will make us totally believe and root for his love story(ies) :blush: but as the weak hearted person that you know I am, let's not take the forbidden and sacrifice romance!! :sweatingbullets: *gulp* I want happy endings please!! hhhhhhh :tongue:

and can I add a "hate turn to love" romance?!! I reaaaaaaaly love this kind of romance!! :wub: like he's believed to be a bad guy (and he is in a way :tongue: how cool would he be?!! :blush:) and she's against him but she end up forced to be by his side for her safety and they start falling for each other against their will/acceptance without even realising!! :wub: I really want to see him in such role!! :wub:

I also like hate turned to love romance! :wub: It's so cute when the couple at first meet and hate each other and all they do is fight, but then they start to care about the other and slowly start falling for each other! :wub:

------------

YSH will be having a fanmeet in Seoul in May :) I wish I could be there :bawling:

• Like 1

QUIZ: Can You Guess The Korean Actor Based Only On His Smile?

There’s no arguing that Korea has no shortage of gorgeous and talented drama actors for us to love and fan-girl over. Besides their good looks and talents, I believe it is their radiating sweet smiles that make us fans fall for them instantly.

See Also: 8 Incredibly Refreshing K-Dramas That We Want To See More Of

Can you name these Korean drama actors based only on their pearly whites?

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/01/quiz-can-guess-korean-actor-based-smile/

I'm very proud of myself with this quiz!! :lol::tongue: 

Yoo Seung Ho

• Like 2

South Korean National Curling Team Shares Which Celebrities They’d Like To Meet

The South Korean women’s curling team became national stars after their brilliant performance at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics won them a silver medal and South Korea’s first Olympic medal in the sport.

See Also: Olympic Medalists, Including Maia And Alex Shibutani, Rave About CL And EXO’s Closing Ceremony Performances

In an interview published February 28, the team shared which celebrities they would like to meet given their newfound fame.

Spoiler

Kim Kyung Ae shared that she was a fan of Wanna One’s Kang Daniel and said, “I put his photo up on my wall at home. Whenever I lost my temper during a game, I would think of his always-smiling face.”

Kim Young Mi (Kim Kyung Ae’s sister as well as teammate) added, “She bought a tablet computer one day and I thought she was watching curling videos. She was wearing headphones and smiling to herself so I went and looked and she was watching a Kang Daniel video. She practiced self-control during the Olympics by not putting his picture up in the dorm though.”

For herself, Kim Young Mi shared that she thought EXO’s Chanyeol’s choreography in “Growl” was really cool. Chanyeol had previously said that he’d like to meet Kim Young Mi because she and his mother share a name. (The curler’s name became famous after her teammate Kim Eun Jung was heard calling it out during the Olympics.)

Kim Sun Young said, “I like watching TV. I relieve stress by seeking out variety shows and dramas. I tell my teammates about dramas I like to watch. I like the actor Go Kyung Pyo.”

Kim Eun Jung said, “Lee Kyu Hyung, who plays Hae Rong in ‘Prison Playbook,’ made an impression on me.”

Kim Cho Hee said that she liked Yoo Seung Ho, saying, “He’s good-looking, good at acting, and they say that he’s a very kind person.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/01/south-korean-national-curling-team-shares-celebrities-theyd-like-meet-including-wanna-one-exo/

yeah he is!! :heart:

• Like 1

Yoo Seung Ho Fan Meeting in South Korea by TTU

The requirements of booking the ticket:
1. Should be a Talk To U member before March 10th

2. Those who had completed of full membership until March 10th until at 24:00 KST

Eww??? they owned yoo seung ho?

• Thanks 1

On 28/02/2018 at 10:06 PM, Berou said:

- a sacrifice romance

- a forbidden love

- a mature romance

@Berou i want to kill you for that "romance" list. seeing that list, i felt so 'Itchy' that i just couldnt NOT reply. so out of bat-cave i unlurk to chip in my takes.

i used to be thinking how nice if we can reach out to YSH in some way beyond borders or languages barrier,  how to 'send message' encourage him who do not own a social site,.... how to hint to him we are always behind him no matter how fans or 'antis' dictate what direction he should takes, or what press said negatively or wrongly about some projects he took, or how antis fans go into attack any female leads of his, or however ratings of any projects fall flat... it times like these we hope we can directly comfort him thru a channel, and not just spout senseless fangirl adorations and love confessions to him.
how we wish he can read soompi, and at least read our Actor Thread.  We a thread who take no biased opinions or sides, except YooSeungHo's side solely..... that our opinions and supports will NOT be depending upon how he react to another actor or actress, or ditch him defending on what future directions he takes that will not fall alongside expectations of certain 'fans'.  Real loyal fans will not fix him into a box and say, if you goes not into this direction and betray our loyalty towards you or towards someone we loved to see you walk with, then our loyalty towards you will expire.  At least this is a fan support that is transparent and unconditional and lasting. How we hope he does read our soompi Actor thread, or maybe, say maybe his close friends or relatives who read English will update him of our unfailing trust and supports and patience?  Yoo do know some considerable amount of English right, what if he secretly read some, or just admire some fan pics posted here secretly, ha, i am dreamingly hoping so!  Hope he ever read Soompi, since Soompi is the renowned Site for Kdrama internationally, and the Best site to garner mass reactions and infor. if he ever read this, or if his friends ever read this, Jaebal let him know this our Message below:

Mr Yoo, its time to shred your Golden Boy image, and aim for the sky with all your hidden Passion that can't wait to be released, that are just started to show glimpses by IMNAR drama, and shouldnt be suppressed.  Yoo, we are going to touch on a taboo topic: Sensual appeals!  Wait, its not what you think!  We Trust and are excited and look forward to see more projects that you can ooze sensual vibe, your recent ELLE pics started vapourizing sensual feels and your brave opening up yourself at Robot's skinship scenes are all an awesome starts... the ELLE clip he touches his lip, the other one slumping against the chair with half closed eyes...
 i am not saying he should just go into dramas with shameless void-of-plots 50 shades... but that it is TIME he should consider taking projects that show his Mature and Manly touches. do not shy against going more indepth into Romance genre. It is not that we Yoopies are silly fangal that swoon over his handsome-ness or just want to indulged in his skinship scenes, but that is the path that he should go if he want to unleash his talent and soar high. we read 'not between his lines' at all his sharings during interviews, neither do we take liberty to guess and add meanings to what he said in interviews. we just quote him and believe what he said black & white... (see Berou's list of Yoo's Honest Replies).

Why biting on Romance Genre? it inevitable that soon he should ditch the 'Clean Good Safe image",  he MUST do a SEXY CHARMING TEMPTING ROLE with enough mild skinships to charm, yet Slow-Burn, without excess shedding of clothes (made famous by kdrama's mindless scenes of male lead's shower scenes)...  But just tempt with alluring wandering Eyes, or half closed teary eyes, low husky voices, lingering fingers, heavy breathing.... TEASING but NOT EXPOSURE, that is THE SECRET WEAPON. i want to see him flirt boldly, yet with good taste.... make noona and agashi weeks after weeks ranting for more skinship scenes between the OTP, ......

If he can do that, at least one of his film MUST do that... to break out the clean shaven golden-boy feels.
only when you can see HIM as A MAN, then you want to think of him carries certain roles... I tell you, movies offers will NOT be heaping mountains at his feet if he crossed not into over this threshold.. he NEED desperately to break thru while all the hunks are in army... only 2 years to 'steal' n seal all the sensuous roles from the hunks in army.  like what @Berou you differentiate the 8 kinds of Rom (wow, Berou, you are killing me by that amazing list).

Berou, you timely quoted that long list of what he once said so honestly, to show how a transparent person he was, he walked his talk, or else he simply don't talk........... he don't play interviewers or reporters around his fingers with cunning sly words and lies.  how sad i recalled thru your words, what he said about the gains and loss of being a Child actor, hinting (and not hinting) that he was trapped in that Child Actor mould....
Just like what he shared recently thru interview about the disadvantage of someone like him, grew up as a child-actor, he is confined to what people think of him, and it is a square box that people want to caged him within with all kind of expectations. The more some liked him, the more they confined him to a certain image.... and no matter how he try to break thru, people want to see him as what they originally admired in their mind. People will always see him as the innocent Sangwoo of TheWayHome,  the crown prince of The King and I or Queen Seondok, or the Proud youth of Master of Study, and of coz now the Sweet charming MinKyu... every past well-acted roles cuffed him furthered, and love of certain fans put on expectations and barriers around him, wanting him to do or not to do what ever they thought it is best for him, and want him to act according to that certain mould they build for him only. Denying him the chance to take romance role is another example of fans' dictation against him. Out of passion and behind the so called 'love' for him, 'we' want him to just stay 'loyal' to his OTP, n do NOT take any skinship roles in future, else it threaten the relationship and will deem 'cheating on the fans who once laid hopes that he stayed loyal and not be tempted.  Trust him i say, if he is into a ship, being the 'man' that he is, he will not be tempted by any skinship scene, however much a Fine responsible actor may try to add his personal feels into a skinship scenes, allow himself at that moment to believe he YSH is in love just to get into the mood (all actors did that even in Tinseltown projects)... That Fine Actor will snap out of the feels once project over, i believed even the female lead know that and expect that, and will not be lead into thinking , aha, he cheated me with real feels during those scenes.... becuase this is exactly what PD and projects expected of him: Flow out your Real Feels, and made yourself Believe you are that Star crossed lover.

Be honest with ourselves, we want him to cross into ALL genres, all roles, but all these roles that turned into Classic Famed work, all has a meaningful believable heart-wrenching Love-line, and some touching skinship scenes. by saying he should crossed into Action, Thriller, Hsitorical Epic, Legal, Horror, Supernatural but not into Romance, in denying him the chances and been not practical. basically within all this Genre has a considerable amount of ROmance mixed in to be the Soul of the Plot.

16 years of acting, (if you count only Way Home, and not Daddy Fish), Best advantage is he gain priceless acting experiences and recognisations, & praises from Peer-actors and directors.... But disadvantage is: he lost HIM_SELF in front of people, he cannot be him-SELF before others, he has to be lonely, and cannot trust anyone to see him as himself, and not as the gifted prodigy child actor, he cannot have a normal relationship with anyone without doubting anyone just see him as the Actor Yoo seungho. and everyone want him to stay as the NICE image that won him praises forever. That's why he sees thru the glam and glory of celeb lives and wanted his family members n dear ones not to go thru whatever he went thru.  Thus stating that if ever he fall for someone, wishing that person to be non celeb, hoping that he can protect her by keeping her without harrassments by fans or shippers or Despatch.

We thought time is on his side, but truly, if he do NOT take on a OUT-breaking role, a manly role, he will be trap forever in the Yoon image or Harry image, (and now MinKyu image) his signatured roles which was like so long ago will become a snare....
but as he aged furthered, more juicy roles will goes to all the Idol-boys of Kpop group. He just have to break out and break thru to show A MANLY-SIDE OF HIMSELF..... VILLAIN ROLE has always been our favourite role for him, both you and me want him to go BAD, real Boy with a wounded past, a wounded villain that steal the show from the lame Male lead.  He did that with Warrior BDS, n he did again with Harry Borrison. but problem is...  he is still lacking a chance to show he has already that Alpha Male Charms post Army enlistment.  Now he can perfect what once he was lacking even as he did charm as Harry, which was just vapourisingly boyish charm.

Why i say he has an urgent needs to showcase His Manly vibe, and not this boyish charm that used to be his best signature weapon. but now this boyish charm become the stumbling block that cuff him at ankles as ages flies, this itself cannot be an aset to him.  if  he wants to stay in this showbusiness, he has to show REAL MAN VIBE that he already had, with some signature romantic scenes. (by romantic i do NOT means 50 or 40 shades Grey). Robot show is just a beginning, an open window, And he should NOT stop there.

else, its just a matter of time,  PD or producer will think that he can ONLY stay in vengeance sad roles (Remember), or Sweet charming lover-boy roles (Robot), or Crown prince role (Ruler)... then its just matter of time, people will think he cannot do OTHER ROLEs beside "NICE CLEAN SAFE ROLE"....
i read some of his recent interview, can tell he is desperate of break thru. he wants more for himself, if he has given a second chance go back 10 yers ago I DARE SAY he will chose a diff route, i dont think he will want to go this way that he did.... By lost his youth into show business, void of meaningful friend among celebs, guarded life being afraid of rumours, boring self-secluded life style when no projects at hands, when his friends' life are dealing with real youthful problems as he only hear from his friends what mess or what fun youths can experienced.... he is sandwiches between all the adults instead of doing silly stupid things with peers, rushing thru locations of filming... in the end he has no real youthful experiences like all his friends, no wild youthful hobbies, no chances to make mistakes like his other youthful friends..... that should be the greatest reason why he mentioned few times he wants a non celeb wife in future. of coz we believe if God's willing when he fall in love, even if that girl is a celeb, its out of his control. but by his open statement of non celeb wife, it show one thing, he desire his family life out of spotlight, not scutinized by press or fans...

all this sacrifices he made, for what? what did he earn? in the end, he is trap in the nice unique image that people liked him for.... the Deeper some fans loves him, the fiercer their chiding will be if he break away from their expectations. if he do NOT break thru that CLEAN SHAVEN IMAGE.... give himself another 6years, once he reach 30, he will be remembered as A CHILD PRODIGY IN ACTING SCENE, and only just that. YET CANNOT GO BEYOND HIS YOUTH-SUCCESS.  The only way, is to do some drastic role, that challenge his Youthful-Baby-face-looks.... you do NOT want him to be like another Forever-Pretty-Melodrama Prince but cannot go beyond that.

Now he started to love and had dream of what he was doing all these while, and had goal, and not running away from the suffocating situations... so, think Tinseltown, the wide genres that i envisioned he can try out.... i was thinking when can Korean or Chinese industries ever do something as awesome as the Hollywood production? remember how YSH envied Lee Byung Hyun going West.

give him another 6 yrs think he will be seasoned to do what kind of characters, that can mixed in a tint shade of Rom.....
Brain washed Killer-Rom: maybe a Winter Soldier a cold blooded killer who lost memories and has a sexy past history with black widow. Fun is there are divided fan that ship him with Steve, and also with Black widow. (His YeoWoon is something like this).
Dark Supernatural Rom: Imagine a Twilight kind of Edward Cullen who can selflessly sacrfice ALL for his One true Love in that supernatural forbidden Love saga...
Wounded Villain turn Chemistry King Rom: why not a Star War's Kylo Ren's scarred Fallen Son that stirred one of the hottest SHIP now trending in Archive of our own! even without a single kiss scene shared with female lead yet this character chemistry with the female lead spur hundreds of smut-fill fanfic shipping him with female lead...
'Fun Superhero Villain: he can do a Marvel Thor's mesmerizingly charming but unpredictable villain like Loki in Marvel Thor, which steal the show from Thor, hero with supernatural gift.
Melocholic Lover-Rom: down to earth 'Nobody' Noah (Ryan Gosling) from The Notebook's , who loved his True Love beyond her memories lost and still loving her when she aged forgetting him in Home (JinWoo was something like that with that InAh in Remember)....
Spy-Rom: he need to do a Jason Bourne kind of Spy movie that show he can use Wit and not fist to fight & to escape as a figitive against both corrupted cops and baddies. Bourne is all out Action thriller, but scenes of him with female leads on the run, is oozing with charms too....
Last but not least,
Classic Cold Chaebol Rom: oh, he is apt to do a cool cold Proud chaebol like Pride and Prejudice that Mr Darcy, whose cold gazes hid a fery warm heart in wants of a woman's true love, which spout classical witty quotes and ardent love confessions.

all these roles i cited above from the West, though NOT skinship or 50 shades as some genres, yet all of these Roles, Edward, or Kylo ren, or Winter soldier, whether Go  Villain, go Spy, go Supernatural, go Classic Literature, go Killer who repent, go Cool Chaebol, Romance is fixed right in the core of many Epic movies!.... Rom is not the Main Line, yet All do have a unique set of romance line as side line, but its captivating and alluring enough for fans to start seeing the Male lead as a sensual guy!  YSH needs to be seen as a volatile Dream-Man for all age of fans.... if he continued in present choice of roles. he cannot.

you may say how can i compare Hollywood production to korean's ? well, Kdramas of late are starting to show that given a good writter, even Korean dramas can beat into western market, and sell to Europe, US, UK, all over the world, even to Middle East we find hard core kdrama fans.... dont believe me? think Healer's spy who romance in the nights, think Descendant of the Sun's macho Captain, think Goblin's sad deity, think Iljimae masked hero, think W's kangchul comic ocmes to life.... as long as YSH landed with any of this>
So, who should dictate YSH should NOT be taking romance roles. Do YOU not realised, in ALL of these selling plots, (all these Unique Think out of the Box dramas), it is also because a well written Romance ingredient was mixed into these cooking pot of Healer, Goblin, Descendant, W...  oh isnt last year Black Horse 'This Life is My First' totally a 'Real-Practical-Life-Rom'?... All selling plots, cannot do without ONE single Element: a meaningfully written romance plot with a real good chemistry and top notch acting skill, between the 2 leads.

actually he do not need to try all those i mentioned above, he just need ONE single or 2 roles to strike Gold, like what Goblin did to Gong Yoo, or what Descendent did to SJK...  that will propel him, n define him as A-List. Then he can be like Gongyoo, take his time to choose next project, rather then project those him, it is he chose projects .... and has Writer tailor made drama-plot to his unique essence. YSH just need to choose some role from that above, do it right. he can easily beat shallow pretty hunks or idol-actors.

i just need to have some words about Melodrama genre which is what he is famed in... i had heard enough of people also ranting that he should stop Melo. This Melo ability is God-given to him alone.
in times to come, he needs to do a Lonely wounded non-human Being (some thing like Goblin) kind of super natural Melodrama story, taht show his Mature state of Melo-ness. No more just what he did in Harry Borrison or Yeo Woon, which are just merely but scratch the surface of what he hid within, future melo roles need to portray  a Mature Deep slow-burnt LAYERED angst... some thing like what he did in Remember, Deep angst. while i disagree with many that dislike Melodrama and ask him to drop melodrama, for i believed, God give him the gift of ability to dig out the real genuine feels of melocholic within us, that he is among the very few actors that truly can weep without technically bawling like a babe, boy can he cry effortlessly for real. so in future when he reached beyond 30  yrs old, he will still need to win some acting awards, by using back his God-given gift in melo-drama, thru his priceless tears, i believed one day when he win an acting award, it is still thru his melo-skill.  But still, like you said, he cannot just stay as melo-prince or golden boy, at least Not-now.

2 years of window is all he has now. 2 years when all hunks went army, then they will return with a vengeance.
(speaking from a view of a Yoopies, and a noona, not just as a fangirl who wants to see skinship n kisses n handsome face. oosp, being a noona, you think i can fantasize any while feels about him? i just want that raw gift to be un-earth, refine, perfected.)

Edited by maryofbethany
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, imnotarobot said:

Yoo Seung Ho Fan Meeting in South Korea by TTU

The requirements of booking the ticket:
1. Should be a Talk To U member before March 10th

2. Those who had completed of full membership until March 10th until at 24:00 KST

Eww??? they owned yoo seung ho?

thank you for the news chingu!! :wub:

hhhhhhh no they didn't own him but TTU is kind of Yoo Seung Ho's fan manager regarding these events!! :) if I could explaned it well!! edit: like @Berou said: YSH has a one man agency and can't manage everything alone. so TTU is there to help him with fans events such as fanmeetings or foodtruck support!!

________

@maryofbethany that was a great post!! :heart::thumbsup: I have no words to add after this!! I agree with all you said and Yoo Seung Ho have the talent and charm to give a memoriable outstanding performance portraying these different roles and genres you listed above!! :blush: he just need to be offered these kind of roles which I really hope and pray he will get soon!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@maryofbethany @Berou I really hope and pray se'll get to see him showing this alluring side we got to see in his ELLE pictorial!! :love: now that can be a great cool villain or anti-hero image we can see him exposing!! :blush:

cr: yooseungholic

vote for Yoo Seung Ho for *Most-Handsome-KDRAMA-Stars poll :wub: (you can vote 10 times per day, I did!! :D)

http://namesns.com/entertainer/star_room.html?star_num=171

• Like 3

11 hours ago, imnotarobot said:
Congrats I am not a robot

I'm so happy for the drama winning the rating it deserves even if not in Korea, still it's a great thing and hope it keeps doing well till its very ending episode airing there!! :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, imnotarobot said:

He is definitely coming to Manila and More than 2000 Fans already signed the petition. What you need to do is just reach the goal of the Petition so what are you waitng for? 
sign the petition NOW >>> https://goo.gl/THpfuw

awwww I'm so happy as if I'm living on the Philipines!! :D:w00t:

_______

Yoo Seung ho's love for his cats!! so cute!! :wub::wub::wub:

cr: yvonnehiroto

he's shy all the time but he becomes animated whenever his cats ges brought us!! :lol::wub:

• Like 3