Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest showgunz

Heard VersusXIII might come out on Xbox360 as well.

Excited for this. (:

I really wanted to play it when it came out but hearing it was PS3 exclusive made me sad.

most likely it will

it sold more 360 copies in the u.s. than expected

I concur, versus will suck just like any other square enix games released. I can't believe how japanese corporations have become such money trolls. It's not because pink is in that you have to make all your games pink. You need to make a statement and force the mass to like it. FFXIII sucked because you needed to put 03243824324032432432432432 anime/manga/videogame clichés in it.

^ matter of opinion

just because it wasn't like previous ff games, doesn't make it terrible

i applaud them for trying different things

they targeted a more casual fanbase, for the purpose of expanding the franchise's appeal

i've been a fan since ff4

and i thought ff13 was incredible

every battle was a shot of adrenaline

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SilentScreamerS

I concur, versus will suck just like any other square enix games released. I can't believe how japanese corporations have become such money trolls. It's not because pink is in that you have to make all your games pink. You need to make a statement and force the mass to like it. FFXIII sucked because you needed to put 03243824324032432432432432 anime/manga/videogame clichés in it.

actually, character-wise, versus is completely different.

noctus is gay, apparently.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

finally got a hold of my brother's PS3!!! :D i can finally play but should i buy FF13?? or wait for it??

Guest mechant-lapin

it would be great if noctis was gay. Homosexuality was always a huge part of japanese culture anyway

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeiNing

FFXIII question:

So I'm doing a mission (#7 I think? Not sure) and I see the two monsters fighting that everyone talks about (the ones that you keep killing for CP farming), but the purple one keeps killing me after he transforms and uses Thundaga on me :( (and yes, I'm attacking that one first). What should I do? Should I just train on smaller monsters before trying again?

Guest iEatPowder

FFXIII question:

So I'm doing a mission (#7 I think? Not sure) and I see the two monsters fighting that everyone talks about (the ones that you keep killing for CP farming), but the purple one keeps killing me after he transforms and uses Thundaga on me :( (and yes, I'm attacking that one first). What should I do? Should I just train on smaller monsters before trying again?

Mmm you're supposed to kill the Behemoth before he stands up. You're doing it correctly, but maybe you're just too weak at the moment? Is this your first visit to Gran Pulse? If it is, I wouldn't worry too much about farming CP. There are still plenty of opportunities to do so. And you can always return post-game, and most of the beasts will be much, much easier to kill.

I distinctly recall farming them, however, on my first visit to Pulse. Have you upgraded your weapons yet? If your main party has tier two weapons, you should be able to successfully win that battle most of the time.

Guest nak3d

FFXIII question:

It's pretty easy, even if you haven't upgraded or anything. You don't need maxed CP or upgraded weapons. I killed them in less than 30 seconds using Fang (com), Lightening (Rav), & Any one(Rav). Basically have two rav's attack the Behemoth until he staggers then use Fang to launch the Behemoth. The key is to keep the Behemoth launched so that he does not transform. After you've gotten the gist of that, you can switch to Com/Rav/Com & have one Rav stagger the Behemoth while the Com's each attack different enemies.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

i am at the end of ff13 :) the boss just annoys me caz he keeps killing me but hopefully i get to beat the game tonite :D

Guest NO NAME?

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gameplay Shots Released

Date: 23 Jun 2010 Author: Kitmitsu

News Category: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

It's taken over 4 years but gameplay screenshots of Final Fantasy Versus XIII have finally been released! The screenshots come from the earlier posted Famitsu article which confirms they're running on Playstation 3 hardware.

In the gameplay you can see Noctis in both urban and desert environments showing off the scale of the world Nomura is building as well as the enemies you'll be facing. You can see the images below.

fdwwux.jpg 30uac2g.jpg

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2010/06/23/famitsu-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-gameplay-shots-released.html

Guest angelixers

Omg at the FFXIII Versus shots! I live! I hope it will give me everything FFXIII didn't. Can't wait.

Guest aahhee

AWESOME AMV (feat. hot guys)

I'd give it an EPIC rating of ... 99/100.. X]

of maybe that's just because I'm obsessed...

It MIGHT take a while to get used to the song though.. much better second time around..

heh.. for those who aren't as used to listening to stuff like this...

it's categorised as "Gothic rock, Symphonic metal" by wiki..

but assuming you're like me and you listen to kpop most of the time.. the song is actually quite good.. so don't get scared off by the words 'gothic', 'rock' and 'metal', kay?!

Guest Honey-luv

I'm sooo ready for FFXIV :) It's coming out a lot sooner than I thought!

Definitely looking forward to FFXIII Versus as well, the story line looks really interesting.

Guest yoyoma9

Versus should be pretty sick. If I recall, I heard it would be something more like Kingdom Hearts. Square Enix has always produced quality games for the kingdom hearts series so I'm looking forward to Versus. FFXIII was a little disappointing for me. The Combat system and storyline were fine, but the characters and the dialogue were really poorly done in my opinion

Guest yoroshiku90

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Those are awesome screenshots.

Have you played FFXI also?? I don't know anyone on Soompi who plays!

I already reserved my copy of the FF XIV Collector's Edition!

I don't know how good its going to be but I already sold my ffxi account and leaving it behind x_x

Guest iPhets

im nearly done with FFXIII, i think the story is ALRIGHT, nothing great.

gameplay is nothing great either.

im taking a long time because im grinding, hunting and completing gran pulse missions before i continue with chapter 13.

can't wait for versus!

btw, does anyone have the recipes for upgrading weapons? i only need the omega for lightning, hope and fang because i rarely use the others.

(yes im on chapter 13 and no weapon upgraded yet, LOL)

oh and whats good for farming CP? i just run around killing everything i see but its kinda slow.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

oh yeah i just remembered i beat FF13!! but never to post it up until now XD

the ending was not all that but it kinda disappointed me in a way but thats FF for ya

i can't believe they made lightning's character changed a bit caz i liked it better when she was cold lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SolariaSky

I've played Final Fantasy VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII...none of them I successfully finished T__T Which is pretty sad. The only RPG game I have finished though is Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Loooooved that game! <3 Which reminds me I still have to play the hard mode XDDDD

Guest Samii_18

Final Fantasy is the bomb! 

Best. Games. Ever. 

I've played just about all of them. 7 and 10 ftw!

Who else was disappointed with 13? x.x. 

Well, at least we have versus to wait for. I'm growing more impatient by the day. 

Guest katamari

GUISEEEEEEEEE I NEED HELP T_T

I am so lost when it comes to equipment upgrading @_@

I have no idea what to do & those guides online confused me :<

All I know is to drop 36 sturdy bones/vibrant oozes/barbed tails but I don't know what to do after that e_e

Can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do next? Thanks ;__________;

nvm i know how to upgrade equipment now LOL

Archived