Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest NO NAME?

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy Announced

Tue, Sep 7th, 2010, 10:42pm EDT by Shawn

nzej5s.jpg

Last year, Square Enix stated that the Western sales of Dissidia: Final Fantasy would make or break the chances of a sequel. It looks like the game sold well enough for them, as Square Enix has just announced a sequel.

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy, PSP, Sony, Square Enix The leak comes from the latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump, which reveals the game's title, Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy. Lighting from Final Fantasy XIII and Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV will be included in the sequel. The scan doesn't confirm anything else, but it's likely the game will have the characters from the first game playable again.

Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy is set for a 2011 release in Japan. Square Enix has yet to announce a North American or European release.

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/dissidia-duodecim-final-fantasy-announced--1229.html

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a PS3 so I was watching FF13 Walkthrough on youtube (btw, there's this one person who had a very good walkthrough of the entire game) and I was so awed by the graphics. It was great and I kind of missed it after the walkthrough ended.

I'm waiting for a FF13 Versus walkthrough ^^

Guest NO NAME?

Dissidia Duodecim: FF 012

2vt78za.jpg

33azzmx.jpg

dvrrs5.jpg

i1k38i.jpg

━━ SOURCE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

■ ファミ通

□ http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/13033399.html

Guest raburabu

Yeah, Tactics is incredibly underrated.

Imo, Tactics>FFVI>FFX=FFVII>everything else>>FFX-2

Chocobo Racing is quite good as well lol.

FFX is the most popular of the FF series in Japan, whereas FFVII is most popular in Western countries, and Tactics/VI/II is popular amongst elite RPG critics. That's just how it works. u_u;

Can't wait for Versus though. I'm gonna brush up more on Kanji until the Japanese release. OTL

Guest cccatherine

apparently there's been a ff versus leak. :unsure:

Yep, they usually show a super exclusive teaser of the battle/role play in some kind of convention or something (I only skimmed the article) and someone managed to sneak out a pirated video recording, surprising since they always have super tight security even patrolling the isles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest leaves_of_mint

Has anyone drank the EXPIRED FFXIII Elixirs yet? I have 2 cans at home that I've been saving but completely forgot about cuz I left to China. Now I'm really scared to drink the thing.

...Anyone want to relieve me if I'm going to (die) or not? Or at least if the things safe to drink (expired that is)?

Guest srenity

the reviews are out on FFXIV online. So far each review has been abysmal.

Maybe it's because FFXIV is the only MMORPG that I'm actively playing, but I don't understand the hate D: Sure there are a handful of bugs but it's not like they're permanent since they're still taking care of stuff via patches.

Maybe people's expectations are way too high because of how successful WOW is, haha.

• 1 month later...
Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

agito ftw!

when is it released? it looks really mean. looks like u can go around the World map like most FF games, coz previous ones on PSP dun let u do that.

cant wait for duodecim as well...... really hope there's more new characters though.. pretty meh getting the game just to get 2 new characters, and not to mention the gameplay looks pretty similar.

Guest Starblazerbon

I only played like six final Fantasy series and I have to say that I only really like 8,9 and 10.

The other ones were meh.

I guess 9 is my personal favorite.

• 1 month later...
Guest NO NAME?

6zc60j.jpg

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - Jump Festa 2010 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38UNI-Rsl34

Apparently, there's another remake for Final Fantasy IV. This time, for the PSP. There is no exact release date, but it's scheduled for Spring 2011 (Japan). I enjoyed FFIV a lot. I wouldn't mind playing this.

Source: official site, Kotaku, andriasang

• 4 weeks later...
Guest .tianmi.

No one has posted in here since the 20th December?

*casts Life*

I come bearing ... good/bad news? Haha.

http://kotaku.com/5736409/final-fantasy-xiii-gets-a-second-chance-with-a-second-game?skyline=true&s=i

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has been announced. Thoughts?

Guest .tianmi.

NO NAME? - thanks for the extra info and links!

I'm not too sure about Lightning's new look haha. Personally I loved Lightning at the beginning of FFXIII... ;'D But I guess it's a good look for her. I hope FFXIII-2 doesn't become FFX-2, though with the look of that new guy it doesn't look like it...yet.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Final Fantasy Versus XIII GAMEPLAY trailer released today :)

I'm impressed, kept their promise and there is a good amount of game-play.

It's making me itchy to know the plot now, this trailer looks amazingly promising.

Click the first video

Not sure if it's available on YouTube yet so I'm linking Kotaku as they have it uploaded.

I wasn't too keen on Versus but seeing this trailer has wet my appetite!

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

am i the only one who can't wait for Dissidia duodecim to be released???????????

the demo is SO AWESOME

anyone else tried it?????????????

and def can't wait for Agito as well..... like somoene have said Agito might mark the end of the PSP era.

possibly the last great game on PSP, so i'm hoping it will be THE GREATEST PSP game.

I hope Agito will be a long FF.

at least not as short as Crisis Core.

I wouldn't mind if they have to split the game into 2 or 3 UMDs

and gotta buy a PS3 before versus come out XD

Archived