Cpop Vs. Kpop

Guest Phaeocise

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Vivskies

xD Kpop, even though I'm Chinese.

No offence to any Chinese pop fans, but seriously, only a couple people/groups actually have talent.

I dunno if anyone here has seen Fahrenheit sing live, but. :crazy: They were off tune alot. And I mean alot.

I honestly think that Fahrenheit is just another boy group that has a pretty face

Guest Tonyc402

xD Kpop, even though I'm Chinese.

No offence to any Chinese pop fans, but seriously, only a couple people/groups actually have talent.

I dunno if anyone here has seen Fahrenheit sing live, but. :crazy: They were off tune alot. And I mean alot.

I honestly think that Fahrenheit is just another boy group that has a pretty face

I dont think Fahrenheit can represent cpop music. . a couple? wow you must not listen to a lot of cpop music. There are many talented artists . Gary Cao, JJ Lin , Jay Chou, Mayday, FIR, Hins Cheung, Wang Lee Hom, David Tao, Khalil Fong, Tank, Yida Huang etc. It aint a handful as some korean artists but it aint as little as you make it seem like.

Its really funny seeing people saying "no offence" every other posts i see.

I'm chinese and i only listen to Korean and Japanese songs..Some chinese songs in the 90's were really good but since the start of the 21st century,chinese songs sucked badly..

Guest Vivskies

I dont think Fahrenheit can represent cpop music. . a couple? wow you must not listen to a lot of cpop music. There are many talented artists . Gary Cao, JJ Lin , Jay Chou, Mayday, FIR, Hins Cheung, Wang Lee Hom, David Tao, Khalil Fong, Tank, Yida Huang etc. It aint a handful as some korean artists but it aint as little as you make it seem like.

Its really funny seeing people saying "no offence" every other posts i see.

I'm using Fahrenheit as a example, I never stated Fahrenheit represented CPOP music. And yes, I do listen to Cpop music, thanks.

Your thoughts are different from mine, what may seem to you as a sea of people with talent, to me is a pond of talent.

Yesh.

Guest bADDIE<3

I prefer both. XD

C-pop seems more original in my opinion. Well, at least the music seems more original from SOME singers. Some C-pop singers really created some of their own distinct music, such as David Tao who led the Chinese/R&B wave, Leehom with his chinked-out genre and Jay Chou with... I dunno his usual monotone voice music LOL. K-pop gets too Americanized for me. It's like they don't really have their own kind of music... I mean, I do love K-pop. I have to admit in totality, K-pop (nowadays) do exceed C-pop, quantity-wise... but that's about it really. Maybe I haven't listened to enough K-pop. I shouldn't decide so soon.

C-pop (especially Canto-pop) was really at its height in the 1980s and 1990s with the emergence of Anita Mui, Jacky Cheung, LMF, etc... but lately with their new singers, it's going downnnn. I'm disappointed, actually. -__- But some of the new singers are really good, such as Janice, Vincy, Justin... sadly the music companies in HK are now basing more of their music from the looks of the singers instead of the actual talent. And LOL I don't even think a lot of them are that good-looking. o_o

But all in all, really, I listen to anything and prefer anything... probably except J-pop XD

Oh and I have to say the Koreans make really good lyrics >< C-pop lyrics are... o_o >< Especially the current Canto-pop lyrics. It's TERRIBLE. I have no idea what they're singing about and it's so random. *cough*twins*cough* The old-school Canto-lyrics were much, much better. Basically everything oldschool Canto-pop is better than now.

Ooooh thats interesting. I dont really know but listening to my parents choice i prefer that over the cpop now so so much. Even though i have no idea what im listening to since its normally formal reading chinese. I guess ive never liked Cpop. The lyrics are so cheesy, and i swear nearly none of them have talent. Like most chinese mvs i see, their dance moves are like a little bit of kicking, some body waves and shakes. O.o im sorry but i really prefer Kpop.

Guest TrainDriver

well this is a k-pop forum so u'll find majority of tastes going towards k-pop. i personally don't like many k-pop songs, i hate majority of the style but i like sg wannabe, sung si kyung and kim jong kook. its sad that a lot of mainland china artists are overlooked as well.

Sorry to say it, but Kpop just has better production values than Cpop. Cpop is bland, and tends to always sound the same due to that lack of production involved. As, I said Kpop is better produced and has a better variety of genre, sounds and talented artists.

Guest seventeen

Honestly in my opinion , mostly the reason why kpop does so well is cuz they are so heavily influenced in western music style, thats why sometimes its easier for most people to listen.I agree though that kpop artists are trained a lot harder then cpop artists, but honestly id rather prefer cpop music (mostly Taiwanese, Cantonese is kinda dyin on me <_< ), just because they have unqiue singers(Gary Cao, JJ Lin, Jay Chou, Hins Cheung,MayDay) with more original rhythem then kpop. Dont get me wrong, I like kpop too but then it starts to just sound the same as western music with korean lyrics. Besides this thread is pretty biased anywayz , this is "kpop for the masses" , so its obvious more people here would actually say kpop is better.

Yes. Kpop, Jpop & all pop in general is influenced by Western music (eg. like to use English words, beats)

However it doesn't mean that they don't have an original rhythm.

Because they've been able to incorporate outer influence and make it their own makes their music unique.

Personally I don't think Kpop sounds like Western music.. the reason I listen to Kpop is so I can get a break from Western music.

But that's my opinion. :)

Anyway Pop music was made by Western people.

All pop is really a derivative of Western music; So all around the world from South America-> New Zealand. we use similar beats.

otherwise it wouldn't be pop music...

Even China has been heavily influenced by foreign music-especially Western.

Chinese music changed from their traditional 2 beats--> 3 beats

Jolin Tsai's 'Wu Niang'sounds like it had an Indian influence and the chorus reminds me of Dbsk's ó.

Everywhere you go music is the same.

It's a universal language

& All music is good !

Vpop, cpop, Tpop, Kpop, Jpop are awesome

Guest Tonyc402

Yes. Kpop, Jpop & all pop in general is influenced by Western music (eg. like to use English words, beats)

However it doesn't mean that they don't have an original rhythm.

Because they've been able to incorporate outer influence and make it their own makes their music unique.

Personally I don't think Kpop sounds like Western music.. the reason I listen to Kpop is so I can get a break from Western music.

But that's my opinion. :)

Anyway Pop music was made by Western people.

All pop is really a derivative of Western music; So all around the world from South America-> New Zealand. we use similar beats.

otherwise it wouldn't be pop music...

Even China has been heavily influenced by foreign music-especially Western.

Chinese music changed from their traditional 2 beats--> 3 beats

Jolin Tsai's 'Wu Niang'sounds like it had an Indian influence and the chorus reminds me of Dbsk's ó.

Everywhere you go music is the same.

It's a universal language

& All music is good !

Vpop, cpop, Tpop, Kpop, Jpop are awesome

Thats true too . Im just sayin though because like atleast when you listen to chinese music you can tell its actually chinese rather when you listen to kpop it sounds like western beats but with korean lyrics, its just not as heavily based. But yeah a lot of them have original rhythem i agree.

But yes all kinds of music is good.

Guest illusions

i grew up listening to cantopop and over the years it just started to disappoint me

i mean i still listen to some artists but i perfer kpop

every now and then i would check for new songs but then the marjority of the songs

arent that good also its hard to find performances for cantopop i perfer watching them sing live

than rewatching music videos that dont really make sense

Guest lucky*13

Yeah, don't get me wrong. But I am Chinese, and I am listening to KPop right now! :D

It's okay, we as humans have different tastes in music, so it doesn't matter.

Guest xiaochingu.

Honestly, I don't mean to offend anyone, but there are better kpop singers than there are cpop artists.

HK "singers" pretty much just ruin it all for me.

ok well, im cantonese and i sortof agree with you..

yes most of the new artists cant really sing

but there are GOOD singers out there..that are "sut lik" pai

even though currently im more of a kpop fan right now..

cpop artists sound good as well...

hm...

im taiwanese and im a kpop fan as well (though recently ive been listening to a lot a lot of c-pop hehe), but i believe a lot of it has to do with western influence. i mean.. the style, you know.. big bang, se7en, yg family, etc. are VERY hip-hop and r&b and that stuff. many of us on these forums are asian-americans right? thats why we like this style. i feel that another big reason is looks. a lot of korean celebrities are good-looking, and fangirls, whether korean, chinese, japanese, etc. would just swoooon over their looks. i mean, take a look at sm.. they pretty much only choose good-looking people... with the exception of a few... but like look at tvxq.. the five of them are either good-looking or cute.

as for cpop, i disagree with what xl0v3juicy said, especially in the taiwanese music industry. (i dont listen to many artists from mainland china so i cant really judge that >< except for hinscheung.. hes good.) taiwanese music overall, is more based on quality than quantity, forsure. take a look at artists like jay chou and jj lin... they are not really attractive... but despite that, they are very popular and very talented, as in they are singer-songwriters... there are sooooooooooooooo many singer-songwriters in taiwan... including wang leehom, kenji wu, gary cao, alan kuo, penny dai, sky wu, f.i.r., shin, mayday, sodagreen... of course, then there are the mediocre artists like fahrenheit and a lot of jungiery artists.. aha.. another thing, chinese music isnt AS western influenced as korean music is.. so that may be another reason why people dont listen to chinese music as much... but even so, chinese music is really good. ~sigh~ i am saddened that many people dont think chinese music is good... T.T

Exactly. Haha. :)

It's sad how some people in here think that Cpop is no good when they actually know nothing about it.

Guest TrainDriver

^haha those are the somewat annoying comments. the one about a lot more better k-pop artists than c-pop artists is a bit stupid, both sides have good and bad.

Guest Tonyc402

hm...

im taiwanese and im a kpop fan as well (though recently ive been listening to a lot a lot of c-pop hehe), but i believe a lot of it has to do with western influence. i mean.. the style, you know.. big bang, se7en, yg family, etc. are VERY hip-hop and r&b and that stuff. many of us on these forums are asian-americans right? thats why we like this style. i feel that another big reason is looks. a lot of korean celebrities are good-looking, and fangirls, whether korean, chinese, japanese, etc. would just swoooon over their looks. i mean, take a look at sm.. they pretty much only choose good-looking people... with the exception of a few... but like look at tvxq.. the five of them are either good-looking or cute.

as for cpop, i disagree with what xl0v3juicy said, especially in the taiwanese music industry. (i dont listen to many artists from mainland china so i cant really judge that >< except for hinscheung.. hes good.) taiwanese music overall, is more based on quality than quantity, forsure. take a look at artists like jay chou and jj lin... they are not really attractive... but despite that, they are very popular and very talented, as in they are singer-songwriters... there are sooooooooooooooo many singer-songwriters in taiwan... including wang leehom, kenji wu, gary cao, alan kuo, penny dai, sky wu, f.i.r., shin, mayday, sodagreen... of course, then there are the mediocre artists like fahrenheit and a lot of jungiery artists.. aha.. another thing, chinese music isnt AS western influenced as korean music is.. so that may be another reason why people dont listen to chinese music as much... but even so, chinese music is really good. ~sigh~ i am saddened that many people dont think chinese music is good... T.T

Someone who actually makes sence of it all. thank you.

Guest addickshun

having partial chinese (HK) blood in me,

i'm to say i WAS once a c-pop fan

til' all those so-called 'singers' started to rise in HK industry

they just totally turned me off so i started switching.

-- by the sound of that i'm no anti of anything c-pop artist,

in my opinion c-pop has the hold of really good music.

i went to j-pop after but i quickly got bored of it,

cuz' they sound pretty much like c-pop (LOL GOING BACK TO THE BEGINNING)

then i discovered k-pop ever since and loving it til' now.

even though i still listen to c-pop and j-pop,

i'm mostly plugged into the k-pop world.

Archived