• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SookMian

i'm peacemaker...

keke...

so cpop, kpop, jpop oso fine for me...

but most of the time i listen to cpop..

kpop and jpop havta search thru net mer..

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I don't mean to offend, but I find most K-pop to be infinitely better than C-pop.

Of course China and Taiwan has its fair share of very talented artists, but I think Korea has good pop music down to a science, and that's compared to any country (Japan, China, the U.S.). Of course Korea is very weary of their image as well (*coughSMcough*) but so many of their singers are just plain talented on top of pretty.

I tried to get into C-pop, believe me, but I just couldn't simply because so much of the music is so bad and above all else corny.

And don't even get me started on J-pop. ("OMGhappyhappybunnybunnySEIZURESEIZUREtechnotechno") *shudders*

But seriously, don't think I'm trying to say K-pop is perfect or something. For example, I definitely respect YG artists more than SM artists just because... well, I won't get into that, because it'll only start arguments.

Point being, I probably wouldn't listen to any pop music, period, were it not for the K-pop scene.

Guest lovebum4life

Between C-pop and K-pop I've listened to more c-pop(well Mando-pop) and I love it but I listen to very little K-pop(a few boybands ) and I ended up liking a little more then C-pop..(I think Shinhwa converted me)

Oh well I like everything but overall J pop>both for me lol Japan's the second biggest music industry in the world & it has more variety(from like reggae to Jrock to folk to hip hop where in C-pop its mostly pop maybe a little Jay chou rap and in K pop its mostly Hip hop and RnB and maybesome rock bands you know what I mean?):)

I've never listened to HKpop (I'm more of a Taiwan music lover)but the way people talk about it sounds so bad i think i'll give it a try to see if its as bad as it sounds like.

All in all every country has their pros and cons in music I feel bad because it always seems as if C-pop is getting put down its really not that bad at all(at least Mando-pop isn't).

-----And this coming from a non-asian person so I have no ethinical biasness :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seventeen

I'm Korean and I've listened to some C-pop ^^

..well T-pop (Taiwanese music) I'm not sure if it goes under C-pop or not because my Taiwanese friends tell me that Taiwan isn't a part of China.

I find Taiwanese a bit more easier to listen to but I can't really say because I haven't heard much C-pop.

It'd be nice if someone recommended something. I don't know many C-pop artists~; but I'm willing to give it a go! :)

i think k-pop has had a lot more exposure to the world compared to c-pop..

i mean.. theres always been this buzz about korean music.. idk

but i personally listen to both.. both have its pros and cons so i cant really say that i prefer a specific one >_<

Guest 13Beloved

I'm Korean and I've listened to some C-pop ^^

..well T-pop (Taiwanese music) I'm not sure if it goes under C-pop or not because my Taiwanese friends tell me that Taiwan isn't a part of China.

I find Taiwanese a bit more easier to listen to but I can't really say because I haven't heard much C-pop.

It'd be nice if someone recommended something. I don't know many C-pop artists~; but I'm willing to give it a go! :)

Music from Taiwan is C-Pop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-pop , too. Both parts speak a Chinese language. T-Pop stands for Thai Pop. :P

Guest miss scarlett

I prefer both. XD

C-pop seems more original in my opinion. Well, at least the music seems more original from SOME singers. Some C-pop singers really created some of their own distinct music, such as David Tao who led the Chinese/R&B wave, Leehom with his chinked-out genre and Jay Chou with... I dunno his usual monotone voice music LOL. K-pop gets too Americanized for me. It's like they don't really have their own kind of music... I mean, I do love K-pop. I have to admit in totality, K-pop (nowadays) do exceed C-pop, quantity-wise... but that's about it really. Maybe I haven't listened to enough K-pop. I shouldn't decide so soon.

C-pop (especially Canto-pop) was really at its height in the 1980s and 1990s with the emergence of Anita Mui, Jacky Cheung, LMF, etc... but lately with their new singers, it's going downnnn. I'm disappointed, actually. -__- But some of the new singers are really good, such as Janice, Vincy, Justin... sadly the music companies in HK are now basing more of their music from the looks of the singers instead of the actual talent. And LOL I don't even think a lot of them are that good-looking. o_o

But all in all, really, I listen to anything and prefer anything... probably except J-pop XD

Oh and I have to say the Koreans make really good lyrics >< C-pop lyrics are... o_o >< Especially the current Canto-pop lyrics. It's TERRIBLE. I have no idea what they're singing about and it's so random. *cough*twins*cough* The old-school Canto-lyrics were much, much better. Basically everything oldschool Canto-pop is better than now.

Guest quadshock

that's because

1) there are a lot more chinese people than koreans

2) kpop was a trend 2 years ago, so you still see a lot of people transitioning from the trend

3) korean music is much more similar to american music, and for some reason Asian audiences like Americanized music in their languages a lot more than the real deal

4) Korean producers are superior. It makes the music sound like it's higher quality when it doesn't have much to do with it.

5) Mainland China is much stronger in subcultures as far as musicians go. That's why Chinese punk is big but pop music is not. When the day comes that China is wealthy enough to start pumping out their own pop music on a regular basis, the situation will change dramatically.

but in the end, pop music anywhere tends to be pretty bad. Period. Well I guess I just included 3 periods

honestly kpop is waay better

like cantonse singers can't sing

i mean they can but u know it's not as popular

but what i like abt cpop is they stick to their own styles and originality

kpop is more of a um .. like idk they're more influenced by american songs

i mean i'm chinese myself and i listen mostly to kpop

cuz there's not much of a variety of singers here in HK

and like please don't mix up cpop with taiwanese music

c=cantonese .. not taiwanese

then it would be tpop (which i've never heard of xD)

like you know in the music industry in korea like sm, yg etc have like trainees who are trained for years

here it's not like that but a bit different .. and that's the problem. singers here in hk aren't professional enough

to be considered gud singers. they focus more on looks and less on talent.

yumiko cheng, edison chen, nicholas tse, niki chow, patrick tam .. the list goes on

yeah i agree the lyrics are a bit wacky haha

but if u listen to the the language, it's rly hard to sing with that kind of language

like for example from a line 'neih baat lou lik'

cantonese singers sort of sing by talking .. it's hard to explain

and mind u, there's like characters with accents in it and it's even harder to turn it into a song

gaaah i even find it hard to sing in cantonese ... chinese seems to a bit easier lol

I'm a chinese and I listen to Kpop too. Well, Cpop used to be nice, at least in my point of view.

But now, there aren't much nice cpop songs and i have to admit,

Cpop singers cant sing well, they care too much bout looks only.

No offense to anyone though, its just my personal opinion.

Guest fallenbroke

LOL ! I listen to both . But personally I prefer Kpop to Cpop . Probably because Korean singers are mostly better vocally . Hmmm , the companies in Korea actually train their singers and nurture them but I doubt any Chinese singers train as hard . And I'm not sure but I don't think they have training either ? :unsure:

But yeah , I think Cpop's okayy . Not ALL are bad , some are really good :) Example , Zhang Shao Han . Her vocals are *thumbs up* .

But I do know alot of Japanese listen to Cpop ! :lol:

Guest mcmelly

im a chinese but i listen to kpop more than i listen to cpop

no offence but most of the cpop artists be it cantonese, chinese or taiwanese, they arent dat talented as compared to kpop artists.

im not being biased here but it's from what i've observed.

& noticed i said MOST NOT ALL.

one more thing abt chi artists is dat most of them cant sing live =.=;;

the most crucial thing abt being an artist is to perform LIVE not lipsync if not it defeats the point of one being a singer.

besides most of the chinese artists now go for looks more than singing & dancing skills =.=;;

then they might as well be known as models instead of being in a band or being a singer.

abt korean artists, they are properly trained to perform/songwrite and well groomed.

thus they are able to better show off their talents.

i love dat a large no. of kpop artists sing live & most of them do it well :)

Guest Tonyc402

Honestly in my opinion , mostly the reason why kpop does so well is cuz they are so heavily influenced in western music style, thats why sometimes its easier for most people to listen.I agree though that kpop artists are trained a lot harder then cpop artists, but honestly id rather prefer cpop music (mostly Taiwanese, Cantonese is kinda dyin on me <_< ), just because they have unqiue singers(Gary Cao, JJ Lin, Jay Chou, Hins Cheung,MayDay) with more original rhythem then kpop. Dont get me wrong, I like kpop too but then it starts to just sound the same as western music with korean lyrics. Besides this thread is pretty biased anywayz , this is "kpop for the masses" , so its obvious more people here would actually say kpop is better.

^I agree it's a lil biased

....but my honest opinion is K-pop is better

I'm not korean nor chinese

I find C-pop very cheesy and very....bleh

I only enjoyed listening to one c-pop musician and that's wang lee hom

I am also limited to the k-pop I listen to

but I find alot more k-pop artists to be much more talented and they have better star potentional overall then c-pop artists

but that's my opinion

Guest LOVE★GUN

And don't even get me started on J-pop. ("OMGhappyhappybunnybunnySEIZURESEIZUREtechnotechno") *shudders*

If that's the view you have on Jpop... you must not listen to much of it. o_o; Techno is very 'out' now, although synthesizers are still prevalent, there is far more originality and diversity in the Jpop industry than happy techno, which i would think of th Morning Musume and the producer Tetsuya Komuro, all which are not popular now... but I won't get off topic.

Kpop is good~ I prefer the ballads over the dance music. I don't listen to much Cpop because I find their voices a little

Guest LOVE★GUN

If that's the view you have on Jpop... you must not listen to much of it. o_o; Techno is very 'out' now, although synthesizers are still prevalent, there is far more originality and diversity in the Jpop industry than happy techno, which i would think of th Morning Musume and the producer Tetsuya Komuro, all which are not popular now... but I won't get off topic.

Kpop is good~ I prefer the ballads over the dance music. I don't listen to much Cpop because I find their voices a little annoying. The new debut avex artist alan has a wonderful voice though, i'm surprised you don't see that as much in Cpop!

Archived