Cpop Vs. Kpop

Guest Phaeocise

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CitrusFlower

don't be offended becuz im half chinese, but i listen to k-pop. i use to listen to c-pop but not no more becuz i have this channel where you can watch tvb drama but it's in vietnamese, but they show chinese music videos and all i see in there are songs that really suck!and there all new, and i also see alot of those artist trying to look sexy and dancing with those hyori like movesdon't be offended becuz im half chinese, but i listen to k-pop. i use to listen to c-pop but not no more becuz i have this channel where you can watch tvb drama but it's in vietnamese, but they show chinese music videos and all i see in there are songs that really suck!and there all new, and i also see alot of those artist trying to look sexy and dancing with those hyori like moves

Guest hamdainvincible

kpop's in fashion. :P

hmm. i'm vietnamese and i don't listen to vietnamese music that much.

maybe because it sucks besides the classic ones but still.

it not that big of a deal, people have their own choices. (:

Guest seoulsarang

hMM..the chinese song i heard were like really nice ballad ones, but that was it sorry the language when singing doesnt sound good. korean sounds smoother then japanese vietnames and chinese. no offense either...

Guest dbsk<3manga<3

^i think that's a part of it.

i'm chinese and i listen to kpop. i dunno y but i just don't like most cpop (mostly mandarin). i think it just depends on the person. i think the languages sometimes have an effect on the songs, too. imo, japanese & cantonese songs sound "sharper" (because of how the language sounds like), while korean songs sound smoother. i'm not sure about mandarin music but their style just doesn't appeal to me (sometimes, their voices sound very dull to me -_- ). plus, i'm a ballad person so "smooth" rules in my world. :P

Guest kayem7289

Honestly, I don't mean to offend anyone, but there are better kpop singers than there are cpop artists.

HK "singers" pretty much just ruin it all for me.

Guest nvr2clich3

I switched from cpop to kpop ever since many of the chinese songs starts remaking japanese, korean, english songs.

-_- I'm someone who goes for original, so i was really turn off >.<

But i guess its true that kpop now are very "americanized", so you can say that i really love the old school kpop!

Like someone have said earlier, Korean singers voice seems to be more soothing, although there are still good chinese singers around like A'mei... i think koreans' voice is more appealing to me.

Ah~ and ever wonder why korea and japan's boybands seems to be able to last longer?

Yea, thats another thing, i feel that cpop songs seems to lack quality and sometimes released in a rush to earn profit esp at the peak of the celebrity's career.

Well, but i still love cpop, because i really like the chinese language since its my mother tongue!

I'm really curious too, does korean listen to cpop? X_X

Guest seoulsarang

But on the other hand, when you hear like Korean Artist singing in English songs, it kills that song like when they did one for Boys 2 men lol I never laugh so hard, it was so fobby and sad.

yah i've kinda jumped over from Cpop to Mpop to Kpop.. i mean i'm still listening to Mpop and Kpop but on my Ipod it's mostly Kpop.. Cpop seems to have lost it.. there's just too many new singers that i can't keep up with them and they're mediocre at best.. i remember back in the day when Cpop was good and you had all the talented singers but they're getting old in age and even they have to move with the times..

Guest xl0v3juicy

For "c-pop" I mostly listen to taiwanese artists. As for K-pop, I used to be a HUGE fan until pretty much everyone else around me got into it... and I got kind of bored of it after. C-pop has A LOT to improve on, and its getting a little better. Although chinese people seem to care more about "quantity" over "quality" so therefore most of their singers sit on the average/below average line (I'm mostly referring to hongkong singers). They probably get very minimal training done before debuting o_o. Most can't even sing..

Okay, I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore HAHA. But I agree, korean does sound a lot better in the songs. Language plays a big part in this.

Guest 13!hyukjae

I'm chinese but C-pop turns me off sometimes. Singers like Fahrenheit can also get praises for their 'good singing'.

The good chinese singers are like retiring and bad singers are debuting. but it's only my opinion.

hm...

im taiwanese and im a kpop fan as well (though recently ive been listening to a lot a lot of c-pop hehe), but i believe a lot of it has to do with western influence. i mean.. the style, you know.. big bang, se7en, yg family, etc. are VERY hip-hop and r&b and that stuff. many of us on these forums are asian-americans right? thats why we like this style. i feel that another big reason is looks. a lot of korean celebrities are good-looking, and fangirls, whether korean, chinese, japanese, etc. would just swoooon over their looks. i mean, take a look at sm.. they pretty much only choose good-looking people... with the exception of a few... but like look at tvxq.. the five of them are either good-looking or cute.

as for cpop, i disagree with what xl0v3juicy said, especially in the taiwanese music industry. (i dont listen to many artists from mainland china so i cant really judge that >< except for hinscheung.. hes good.) taiwanese music overall, is more based on quality than quantity, forsure. take a look at artists like jay chou and jj lin... they are not really attractive... but despite that, they are very popular and very talented, as in they are singer-songwriters... there are sooooooooooooooo many singer-songwriters in taiwan... including wang leehom, kenji wu, gary cao, alan kuo, penny dai, sky wu, f.i.r., shin, mayday, sodagreen... of course, then there are the mediocre artists like fahrenheit and a lot of jungiery artists.. aha.. another thing, chinese music isnt AS western influenced as korean music is.. so that may be another reason why people dont listen to chinese music as much... but even so, chinese music is really good. ~sigh~ i am saddened that many people dont think chinese music is good... T.T

Guest pinkylily.

actually, i like both, for the most part i listen to taiwanese artists for chinese music ^^" although I also like K-Pop, i wouldn't know which too choose, but for some reason I'm going for C-Pop a little more :blush:

k-pop is popular right now b/c of the korean wave/hallyu. i'm totally over the hallyu, but i have to admit that korean singers are GENERALLY better at singing than chinese singers. i don't really listen to kpop songs anymore...i'm like obsessed with cpop right now!!! there's some pretty good stuff...just browse through that "quality chinese music" thread.

well for one thing half of the chinese singers sing in cantonese and i just cant stand cantopop. the other reason being that chinese singer do too many remakes of kpop/jpop songs. why listen to the remake when im already addicted to the original

Guest flyaway.

as for cpop, i disagree with what xl0v3juicy said, especially in the taiwanese music industry. (i dont listen to many artists from mainland china so i cant really judge that >< except for hinscheung.. hes good.) taiwanese music overall, is more based on quality than quantity, forsure. take a look at artists like jay chou and jj lin... they are not really attractive... but despite that, they are very popular and very talented, as in they are singer-songwriters... there are sooooooooooooooo many singer-songwriters in taiwan... including wang leehom, kenji wu, gary cao, alan kuo, penny dai, sky wu, f.i.r., shin, mayday, sodagreen... of course, then there are the mediocre artists like fahrenheit and a lot of jungiery artists.. aha.. another thing, chinese music isnt AS western influenced as korean music is.. so that may be another reason why people dont listen to chinese music as much... but even so, chinese music is really good. ~sigh~ i am saddened that many people dont think chinese music is good... T.T

I think Cpop is good.. =) There are definitely some very talented artists in Taiwan.. even more talented than some of those in Korea; though I must say they do lose in the looks department.

Truthfully, I think if the style of the music changed in Cpop, more people will definitely like it.

well for one thing half of the chinese singers sing in cantonese and i just cant stand cantopop. the other reason being that chinese singer do too many remakes of kpop/jpop songs. why listen to the remake when im already addicted to the original

Hmm.. you're saying this as if Korean singers don't do remakes. There are loads of Korean songs that are remakes from English songs.

In my opinion, as long as the song sounds good, then why care if it's the original or not? You may be addicted to the original, but some may like the remake better. It's not like it's never happened before.

Oh and Im sorry if I come off as being rude. =/ I actually like Kpop quite a lot, or else I wouldn't be here. But Cpop isn't as bad as some of you think it is.

Hong Kong singers killed Chinese pop for me for years until I discovered the little island called Taiwan and its artists. In my opinion, most Hong Kong singers these days can't sing because there is a bigger focus on looks. You have a few talents around like Vincy but other than the few of them, mainstream HK pop is really manufactured and controlled by large record companies. I like pop out of Taiwan a lot more since there's more variation and artists like Jay Chou and Lee Hom make it really good. It's interesting to note quite a few of the top Taiwanese artists are Singaporean like Stefanie Sun and JJ Lin. I don't listen to much pop from mainland China so I don't really know what the deal there is but Hou Xian is pretty good, he reminds me of Jay Chou.

Despite pop out of Taiwan usually being of better quality, I think there's still a focus on quantity because major record companies will be major record companies and try to squeeze every cent out of a consumer.

In the end, I think Kpop is popular because of the image it's built up with pretty boy bands and soulful voices. The Korean wave really made people notice Kpop even if it's dying down right now. It's just the in thing to listen to these days like people have said before.

Guest ~ cherrie ~

I'm a chinese . . but kpop rulez!!! :D

chinese aritist like to copy korean and japanese songs ( mostly )

i don't listen much chinese songs . . -_- k pop artists are wayyy more talented than cpop artists

Archived