Cpop Vs. Kpop

Guest Phaeocise

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

I used to really into kpop, but now I really like Cpop too

I'm chinese, and although I'm sick of all the talentless 'singers'in the chinese music industry, there are still some really talented singers, you just need to know where to look

cao ge is <3

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jenny____x

i'm korean and i listen to some cpop.

i guess it matters.

although i prefer korean music, im a fan of cpop and jpop as well.

ive very open to other music.

cpop is probably my least favorite out of three though.

i just cant get over the way some of them sing.

listening to a totally different language is kinda hard for me.

it's very easy for me to listen to jpop because the japanese language is very easy to sing to, to korean people.

Guest raiseplus

im alittle biased.. if there is a really good and "Original" chinese pop..i might give it a shot..but iono.. whenever i hear a c pop music which is beyond rare.. i always think in da bak of da head " i wonder who they remade this song from" iono its built up in my head cuz i always see korean sites talkin bout those thing whenever chinese music topic shows up (which is also rare) lol..

i think honestly its unfair to compare the two..cuz kpop is like way above c pop.. n alotta the artists are very talented n can sing n can write their own music.. i think how da person said u have " to look" for good music in c pop is sorta weird..cuz shouldnt most song need to sound good.. i mean mostly all kpop songs sound really good. well thats jus me.

i say k pop then j pop..

Guest strawberry_hit

this would be a lil bia to post that questino in here where most people would prefer k-pop cause this is after all a korean forum....anway i love DBSK....hahahah

Kpop. I can't seem to get into Cpop... I've heard a good deal of it, but I haven't found anything that's caught my ear. Overall, I'm much more of a Jpop fan than a Kpop one.

Well, this is a Kpop forum, so I think the answers would naturally be KPop.

I do listen to KPop but that's because I understand it more. I speak zilch Chinese! But I do listen to some Taiwanese artists, Leehom Wang, Deserts Chang (my fave!!! bought her 2 albums), F.I.R. But my playlist definitely has WAY more Korean music.

To me, Kpop is seriously far more superior than Cpop. *my opinion

Music production, mtvs, etc.

When I say Cpop, it's mandopop for me, not canto*

I find that Cpop tends to focus alot on cutie pie images. And for guys, I don't know. Everytime I see something, I'll go : "Eh. copy this *insert korean singer/band* image la!"

Though kpop is also image conscious, but at least most of them can sing decently. If they can't sing, they can host. OR dance. Or crack jokes. As for Cpop, sometimes, it's soooo image conscious, they forget about singing, which is what they are supposed to be good at in the first place.

The good ones are retiring, and the new batch does not impress me. The only pop princes of today that truly impressed me is probably Angela Zhang Shao Han. FOr guys, Jay chou and Wong Lee Hom. The rest are :ph34r: :ph34r:

Maybe Im biased., I don't know, but I've never been interested in Cpop at all. It's always english & kpop music that I like. Sometimes jpop. The only think I like about the chinese entertainment industry is probably their variety shows, and I only like shows that are hosted by xiao S, Jacky wu and kang kang. & I'm a pure chinese! :blink:

Guest _yinsyung*--

just skimmed through everyone else's replies

but i agree that korean music sounds alot smoother...

there are so many reasons that i prefer kpop, as a music industry to cpop - especially hk pop

firstly, original kpop songs sound better to me because the one i listen to are either harmonised, power ballads, or just overall - more complex in terms of musical composition and the "instruments" and techniques used. generally, kpop songs, for me, are more climatic whereas cpop tends to stay within safe boundaries...

secondly, and this is personal opinion, but i prefer the soulful voices of kpop over cpop. Especially in the case of new hk singers, where i feel that alot of them just sound amateur and untrained. Someone mentioned that kpop sounds a lot smoother and i totally agree, it just more pleasant to listen to whether it's in the car or while sleeping...

Thirdly, the singers who i listen to, you can tell that they've been trained well as performers. Whether it's singing, dancing, stage charisma - they're just more insync and more professional to me and i overall, i just ENJOY the performances alot more. Even MV wise, good korean MV far outweigh the number of those in cpop. Tpop's getting better, but most of HK's MVs just make me feel even less for the song. Often it's the MV or performances that change my opinions of songs - and kpop, for me, just does better in this category.

I listen to alot of mando pop as well; but can't really bring myself to listening to some of the new hk stuff - and it's not that i haven't tried. I've actually been listening to mando pop more frequently these days because of the growth in talented singer/songwriters like CaoGe, JJLin, Tank etc. Actually, old school Cpop and Kpop probably does more for me than music these days...XD

I could go on, but in the end it's personal preference.

-yinyin

Kpop. I can't seem to get into Cpop... I've heard a good deal of it, but I haven't found anything that's caught my ear. Overall, I'm much more of a Jpop fan than a Kpop one.

I'm with you on this one. I'm ethnically Korean, so I started off with Kpop, then heard some Jpop. I thought "wow"... there is a whole world of music out there. I started exploring music in other languages (including Filipino, Chinese and Viet) and now my favorite is Japanese, then Korean. Chinese (I think mainly Cantonese) music sounds too weird to me. I was exposed to Chinese music for a long time going to places in my ex-coworkers' cars, boba tea shops and listening to it at work but it doesn't sound pleasant to the ear as the others. The only one I kind of liked was Sammi and Jay Chou. It has been a while, I forgot their names.

Japanese is the most pleasant and flows well to me.

Honestly, I don't mean to offend anyone, but there are better kpop singers than there are cpop artists.

HK "singers" pretty much just ruin it all for me.

Do you realize how small the HK music industry is within the ENTIRE CHINESE music industry? :huh:

Anyway, I'm from Taiwan so I listen to more Cpop. Since I'm not Korean, I find it harder to sift through all the cookie-cutter/formulaic bubblegum pop acts to find the truly good stuff (this is true of ANY music scene I'm not familiar with). Back in middle school I listened to BoA and a little bit of Shinhwa but that's about it. The only Korean artists I listen to now are the members of Clazziquai.

In terms of Cpop, I listen to mostly singer-songwriters, some of which are more indie (Tanya Chua, Gary Cao, Ayue Chang, Leehom, Jay Chou, David Tao, Sodagreen, Tizzy Bac, Deserts Chang, Europa Huang). It's ignorant for any of us to say that Kpop or Cpop is better/has more talented artists. Every country has its truly talented artists who aren't always "copying"

I'm surprised to see that not one post here in this thread doesn't have hardcore bias or ignorance

Kpop: I only listen to the catchy, quick tunes kind of songs.. The majority of their mellow songs bring to sleep =.=

Cpop: I occasionally listen to the pop genre but overall, I listen to the melodic songs by Jay Chou or someone else.

I love them both though. Wouldn't be able to live without listening to them.

Guest jvchou1316

many kpop songs are just ...better lol

Nowadays, the only quality Cpop for me is Jay <3

and also ;i listen to kpop cause i don't understand it... partly lol

cause i understand some chinese... and the lyrics are often wayy too corny =)

Archived