Cpop Vs. Kpop

Guest Phaeocise

Guest huangmeixi

I don't wanna spam this thread. It just keeps popping up.

The majority of HK artists ruined c-pop for me. The only artists that I've ever liked were Lee hom, Jacky Cheung, some of Leon Lai's songs, JJ Lin, Janice and Guang Liang.

The major turn off were those TVB actors/actresses debuting as singers after they sing a TVB theme song..and they weren't even good!

I really hope no one's only opinion of C-pop is HK.

Hk entertainment is dying. The market simply isn't big enough, and the pool of talent is not big enough. A lot of the old talent was from the mainland or other places. There's some talent, but there's less and less willing to go to Hk from other places like they did before (aka Faye Wong, Joey Yung) when they can just stay in their own countries/places and make a decent living there.

And TVB by itself is probably some of the lowest quality television that I have ever encountered. Have you never wondered why big time stars like Nic Tse or Rene Liu don't do TVB, but will do mainland series? Or why no one does TVB after they've made it? It's because TVB is low-budgeted with bad scripts.

well ur reason is decent, u just personally don't like it. the bad ones are those ppl who say k-pop is so much better, the artists are so talented, original blah blah blah. c-pop copies k-pop, they have no talent etc.

Not really. She/he? called C-pop a genre. Anyone who calls it a genre has not listened to enough stuff. Yes there is the poppy generic stuff, but there's so much diversity and talent as well.

Kpop is more of a genre. It's all poppish/hip-hopish for the most part.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TrainDriver

And TVB by itself is probably some of the lowest quality television that I have ever encountered. Have you never wondered why big time stars like Nic Tse or Rene Liu don't do TVB, but will do mainland series? Or why no one does TVB after they've made it? It's because TVB is low-budgeted with bad scripts.

well every1 so often TVB has several gems, like dicey business :D

Guest candysyrup

Mina's Kiss Kiss - remake of a turkish song

Mina's Kiss Kiss - Namie Amuro's Want Me, Want Me

And it wasn't intended to be a cover. It was just a blatant rip off of Amuro's song.

Guest D'enfance

i've never really been a big fan of kpop. Im guessing the beat of the songs don't really suit me. But music is music, im guessing there is much of a DIFFERENCE between them

well ur reason is decent, u just personally don't like it. the bad ones are those ppl who say k-pop is so much better, the artists are so talented, original blah blah blah. c-pop copies k-pop, they have no talent etc.

Yeh if people say c-pop is bad because it copies k-pop then I think that's dumb because I can name many many k-pop songs

that sound like rip offs of american songs, they arent even remakes either.

I like k-pop alot and I don't like c-pop at all

but I won't be biased

Not really. She/he? called C-pop a genre. Anyone who calls it a genre has not listened to enough stuff. Yes there is the poppy generic stuff, but there's so much diversity and talent as well.

Kpop is more of a genre. It's all poppish/hip-hopish for the most part.

That doesnt make sense

they are both genres

you can't say one is and the other isnt

and I have listened to enough c-pop music to see that I don't like it

Guest session

in my opinion, both are good in their own ways. i used to kind of think similarly to how some people on this topic think...i used to think that kpop was much better than cpop until i realized that a lot of the koreans songs sounded either the same or really similar to some american songs and that many of them don't in fact write or compose their own songs. however, i really respect kpop artists like epik high and clazziquai and wish chinese music had more artists like them. in terms of chinese music i think wang lee hom just cancels out all the crappy artists like farenheit or whatever new talentless pop bands are coming out. i wasn't that big of a wang lee hom fan before, but i just saw him in concert and i must say he's AMAZING. his voice sounds better live than it does on his cds and he is so good at playing instruments. he puts so much emotion into his songs...i seriously was astounded by his performances, especially when he performed his ballads...he puts SO much heart into it. although jay chou's been starting to slip in terms of his music quality he is still pretty awesome and a great cpop artist. i admire his hard work and his willingness to try new things even if they suck (the cowboy song = FAILURE imo)

Guest Tonyc402

The person never generalized. They said their favorite songs/MV/outfit were originally in Japanese, English, and Korean, so why not listen to the original version instead. And from there on, they probably just branched out to more of those country-originated artists.

Well it did sound pretty general by the way the person wrote it. But to just move from cpop to kpop just because a few crappy artists copied/remake/covered some songs is a low reason to me. Thats why I said that she must have listened to some crappy artists.

Guest ciarain

Lol I have the feeling that whenever & wherever C-pop & K-pop were compared to each other , C-pop fans always mention Lee Hom , Jay Chou , JJ Lin , TANK , F.I.R to show off how original & unique C-pop is . Sorry but what is originality ? Put some Chinese traditional instruments into the music and we call it originality ? Lol there are lots of Korean songs using their traditional inst. as well . It's just that you guys only listen to some Korean artists popular outside Korea like Rain , Se7en , BoA , ... , so how do you know K-pop isn't original ? Even in the Korean idol world , we can find the SMP genre belongs to SM Ent. , started in 1999 ( H.O.T ~ I yah! ) , the period that we didn't know who Jay Chou or Lee Hom are . I want to ask you guys we had sth special in C-pop at that time ? :ph34r:

I won't say that K-pop is original or blah blah , because I don't think so . The Asia music is influenced by Western music , K-pop & C-pop are not exceptions . But it's not like the whole Korean music scene is Americanized :ph34r: . C-pop is the same . Anyway , the most thing that make me feel funny is that many people here and Asianfanatics always over-praise C-pop as if it were the best and i find most of those ones are Chineses . Don't forget that we're comparing the whole music scene of this country , not just Lee Hom , Jay Chou or David Tao . These artists can't save the whole Chinese music world out of the word " unoriginality" . There are still a lot of Chinese songs remade the songs of K/J/US , just like you said the same to K-pop .

Gosh , the ignorance from some of these kpop fans is so annoying, especially some of the chinese kpop fans that it makes me feel sorry for them. I swear most of them listen to the wrong artists too.

So ... which Korean artists do you listen to ?

And from what I see, it seems like Korean artists focus a little bit more on looks rather than talent, but they are more popular because of how they are portrayed, advertised, etc whereas Chinese seems to have more multi-talented singers who also compose, write their own music or play many instruments. But now Taiwan is getting into the "pretty boy" band image too. But yeah, like said before... Taiwanese/Chinese music is based more on talent than looks.

it seems like you only know some mainstream singers like Rain , Se7en , DBSK , BoA , ...

There're many Korean singers who can compose , even produce music. List : 1TYM , Tablo ( Epik High ) , JYP ( he compose songs for many singers , even some American singers like Will Smith or Cassie , F4 ) , H.O.T ( Kangta , Moon hee Jun , jang Woo Hyuk , Tony Ahn , Lee jae Won ) , Yoo Young Jin ( wrote many songs for SM artists ) , Koyote , NRG, Loveholic , DBSK ( Yoo Chun , Junsu , Yunho ) , G-dragon of Bigbang , Lee Minwoo of SHinhwa , Wheesung , maybee , G.O.D , MC The Max , MC Sniper , Clazziquai , ... ( I'm not even a Korean , so my knowledge is just that :sweatingbullets: ). And these ones also sing well <_< .

And what if :

- Jay CHou , Lee Hom vs Tablo , JYP ?

- TANK , JJ Lin , David Tao vs Kangta , Wheesung , Moon hee Jun ?

- F.I.R vs Loveholic Cherry Filter ?

- Show Lou , Vaness vs Rain , Se7en , Brian , Lee Min Woo ?

- Amei ~ Ivy , Bada ?

- Jolin ~ BoA ?

- Mayday vs MC The Max , Nell ?

- F4 , 183 club vs Shinhwa

- FRH , Lollipop vs DBSK , Super Junior ?

- A Taiwanese girlband with 9 members ( forget ) vs SNSD ?

- S.H.E vs CSJH , S.E.S , Seeya ?

- machi vs 1TYM , Epik High , Bigbang ?

- Some Taiwanese rappers ( ??? ) vs MC Mong , Tablo , T.O.P , Jang Dong Geun ?????

Uhm all Chinese singers I just listed are Taiwaneses , but because we all accept that Mandarin pop is currently better than Cantonese pop .

I don't want to compare them , but they have similar points to put in each group to be compared , so you can see that TW has talented singers /composers , Kor has as well . Kor has boybands , girlbands ? So does TW .

Last but not least , there's a member said that Korean artists usually do overseas activities to make them more popular while Chinese/Taiwanese artists rarely do that . Is it really ??? :blink: . Read news more baby . But also remember . Korea is just a tiny country and its population is way too little to be compared with Chinese population , and if you are popular in Taiwain , it means you're also popular in China , HK , Malaysia & Singapore . That's why Korean artists can't just sit there . Who will know who you are if you don't market yourself ?? :ph34r: . Only Koreans and some K-pop loyal foreign fans.

I don't wanna spam this thread. It just keeps popping up.

I really hope no one's only opinion of C-pop is HK.

Hk entertainment is dying. The market simply isn't big enough, and the pool of talent is not big enough. A lot of the old talent was from the mainland or other places. There's some talent, but there's less and less willing to go to Hk from other places like they did before (aka Faye Wong, Joey Yung) when they can just stay in their own countries/places and make a decent living there.

My first experience with c-pop was from HK, I guess it was unfortunate that HK artists had to be my initial impression on c-pop haha. +1 on the TVB remark...jeebus, there's nothing good coming out of TVB except for a few like Dicey Business. =/

Guest j.a*star

Lol I have the feeling that whenever & wherever C-pop & K-pop were compared to each other , C-pop fans always mention Lee Hom , Jay Chou , JJ Lin , TANK , F.I.R to show off how original & unique C-pop is . Sorry but what is originality ? Put some Chinese traditional instruments into the music and we call it originality ? Lol there are lots of Korean songs using their traditional inst. as well . It's just that you guys only listen to some Korean artists popular outside Korea like Rain , Se7en , BoA , ... , so how do you know K-pop isn't original ? Even in the Korean idol world , we can find the SMP genre belongs to SM Ent. , started in 1999 ( H.O.T ~ I yah! ) , the period that we didn't know who Jay Chou or Lee Hom are . I want to ask you guys we had sth special in C-pop at that time ? :ph34r:

I won't say that K-pop is original or blah blah , because I don't think so . The Asia music is influenced by Western music , K-pop & C-pop are not exceptions . But it's not like the whole Korean music scene is Americanized :ph34r: . C-pop is the same . Anyway , the most thing that make me feel funny is that many people here and Asianfanatics always over-praise C-pop as if it were the best and i find most of those ones are Chineses . Don't forget that we're comparing the whole music scene of this country , not just Lee Hom , Jay Chou or David Tao . These artists can't save the whole Chinese music world out of the word " unoriginality" . There are still a lot of Chinese songs remade the songs of K/J/US , just like you said the same to K-pop .

it seems like you only know some mainstream singers like Rain , Se7en , DBSK , BoA , ...

There're many Korean singers who can compose , even produce music. List : 1TYM , Tablo ( Epik High ) , JYP ( he compose songs for many singers , even some American singers like Will Smith or Cassie , F4 ) , H.O.T ( Kangta , Moon hee Jun , jang Woo Hyuk , Tony Ahn , Lee jae Won ) , Yoo Young Jin ( wrote many songs for SM artists ) , Koyote , NRG, Loveholic , DBSK ( Yoo Chun , Junsu , Yunho ) , G-dragon of Bigbang , Lee Minwoo of SHinhwa , Wheesung , maybee , G.O.D , MC The Max , MC Sniper , Clazziquai , ... ( I'm not even a Korean , so my knowledge is just that :sweatingbullets: ). And these ones also sing well <_< .

And what if :

- Amei ~ Ivy , Bada ?

- Jolin ~ BoA ?

- Some Taiwanese rappers ( ??? ) vs MC Mong , Tablo , T.O.P , Jang Dong Geun ?????

Uhm all Chinese singers I just listed are Taiwaneses , but because we all accept that Mandarin pop is currently better than Cantonese pop .

I don't want to compare them , but they have similar points to put in each group to be compared , so you can see that TW has talented singers /composers , Kor has as well . Kor has boybands , girlbands ? So does TW .

Last but not least , there's a member said that Korean artists usually do overseas activities to make them more popular while Chinese/Taiwanese artists rarely do that . Is it really ??? :blink: . Read news more baby . But also remember . Korea is just a tiny country and its population is way too little to be compared with Chinese population , and if you are popular in Taiwain , it means you're also popular in China , HK , Malaysia & Singapore . That's why Korean artists can't just sit there . Who will know who you are if you don't market yourself ?? :ph34r: . Only Koreans and some K-pop loyal foreign fans.

Wow at the versus thing lol. Most of them I still think the Korean ones are better xD

Guest Tonyc402

I wasnt saying all of Korean songs werent unoriginal. But there are so many ignorant kpop fans that totally bash and put down cpop as if cpop is the most unoriginal asian music scene out there( just because they listen to a few crappy artists whom have either remade/copied/covered Korean/Japanese songs). I know Korea has talent and so does Taiwan/HK. We werent praising how much cpop was better then kpop but we are bringing out points that cpop isnt as unoriginal as people make it seem, we were simply defending it(not over-praising) . Some people here dont even give it a try or try to look hard enough . As well , there is more to cpop then just Lee Hom , Jay Chou and David Tao but you cant deny the fact that they are talented. Are you kidding that people here over praise cpop? this forum is for "KPOP FOR THE MASSES" , if anything more people here over-praise kpop as if its the best thing since sliced bread and you can tell by all the posts that have been made from this thread and other threads as well so you cant deny that fact as well. It just annoys me how much people dont give cpop a try and say its sooooooooo unoriginal compared to other asian music( meaning usually Japanese or Korean). I also want to add that most of these people in this forum grew up as Asian Americans and so they have had a lot of taste towards western music and most korean songs(not saying all) are very much western influenced compared to other asian countries and so its a lot easier to listen to then cpop.

Exactly! This is the question that should be asked about cpop . Because im guessing a lot of people listen to the crappier cpop artists.

^ I agree. There are loads of poeple out there who will find out about an artist who remade/covered a Korean song, they'll go and listen to that ONE SONG and will be all, "EWW OMGOSH SUCH POSERS KPOP ROCKS AND CPOP SUCKS" and leave it at that.

Maybe not crappy Cpop artists, but if you're only going to allow yourself to listen to ONE song... you can hardly call yourself well-acquainted with the Cpop genre... Of course, I do understand if you find it incredibly unbearable to get through an album (I, for one, wanted to like Farenheit really badly cause they're so cute and so fun but I wanted to kill myself after barely trudging my way through their album... it was soo bad).

Case in point: One of my favorite favorite Taiwanese boybands -- K-One -- recently came out with a song called "Turbo" that sounds like a cover remix of DBSK's "O-Jung.Ban.Hap." You should SEE the comments about that ONE SONG on youtube (poor K-One). Similarly, a lot of people hate Taiwan's Energy because they remade a few Korean songs...

Nevermind that this is the first time that K-One has done anything of the sort and Energy has only remade a few (like 3-4) songs and spread over like 2 albums, I think. But if you were to listen to K-One's old albums (the song wasn't out until their fourth album?), you'd discover that all of their songs are quite original (I think like 1-2 are Western remakes, but aside from that) and that they're pretty talented in their own right. But since people who are avid fans of Kpop seem to be unwilling to listen to anymore than that one song... of course they're going to get a bad impression.StyLe and aLin on the other hand...even though I love them

This is almost a wasted discussion. Not that I don't enjoy reading people's opinions or such... but... we're on a "KPOP For the Masses" forum (the key"word" here being KPOP).. so we're going to get a fairly biased perspective of a good amount of people who enjoy listening to Kpop. On other forums or boards (such as asianfanatics, which was mentioned above), they might be dominated by a Philippine or Thai or Chinese membership... and they are going to have their opinions (which will probably center around their ethnicity) as well...

Plus, like somebody else said, I don't know why, but Korea seems to have higher production values and has poured more money (as a nation and a state, not just private companies and investors) into the rise, creation, and nurturing of their Entertainment sector than any other Asian country has barring Japan. That is going to reflect in the process of their artists and the quality of their work... and its overall appeal and marketing capabilities, y'know? Personally, I find that there IS a distinct presence of quality in Korean music (especially on recordings and CDs) that I don't find in Taiwan or China. Taiwan has the very bare bones of polishing a recording (simple things that can be done with sound effects and such), but Korea takes it to a whole 'nother level (showing again the differences in production values and general quality) which makes a much more appealing recording. Plus, Korea seems to have many more instances of appearances and live performances and shows than Taiwan does... I just recently heard that it almost seems like Korean awards mean very little now because they have so many awards (shows) that they seem pointless because with so many awards ANYONE could win an award and there's always rumors of bribery surrounding the awards shows that it almost seems like they don't matter anymore.

But eh... honestly? This is pop music. How in the WORLD are you going to really get original pop music in this day and age when everything has practically been done by Michael Jackson and everyone else in between? At least Asia has the advantage of being able to draw upon its traditional instruments, but of course that was done before so now it is no longer original. no use in try to argue about the originality of pop music when it is probably the most unoriginal genre there is out there

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

And what if :

- Amei ~ Ivy , Bada ?

- Jolin ~ BoA ?

I personally think Jay and leehom are WAYY more talented than tablo

tablo composes and raps

but leehom and jay does 1102398209381 things

leehom composes, produces, plays over 10 instruments, has a musical ear, sings fabulously etc not to mention he will beat tablo academically (even though I know tablo went to stanford)

also, tank, jj lin and david tao beats kangta et al hands down imo

amei is DEF better than ivy

you compared alot of idol singers whom are sorry to say crappy, instead of choosing better singers so it's :unsure:

nobody in their right mind considers F4 and fahrenheit et al talented, so it's kinda pointless to compare

korean music is somewhat unoriginal, well the mainstream part of it

c-pop's not hugely original either, but at least their companies don't remake song after song like SM

Guest huangmeixi

And what if :

- Amei ~ Ivy , Bada ?

- Jolin ~ BoA ?

Just because you can list all those Chinese artists doesn't mean that's it. It just highlights how really limited you are.

Um Chinese singers who write, sing and compose that you haven't mentioned (50/50 mainland/taiwan):

Hou Xian - R&B rap and traditional Chinese flair (He's my fav. :blush: )

Silver Ash - Visual Kei type rock http://youtube.com/watch?v=Df3fe3iZlyk

Liu Huan - traditional

Hong Han - traditional/Tibetan?

Her voice sends chills up my spine

羽泉 -

Sodagreen -

Water and Wind - Brilliant duo, will put up MVs once I find them. I only know their English name and don't know what they're called in CHinese

Alan kuo rockish? - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ohof7qrtAWo

Cherry Boom - poppish rock

Sha Baoliang - Ballad

Zhou Chuan Xiong - Ballad

Deserts Chang - Indie style -

MC Hotdog - rap - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pN3RpsAIEk0

Khlalil Fong - R&B -

Chen Chusheng um, traditional? -

And...Hottest Asian Guy Ever, Yuan Kuan's song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=e6wfKofTbfQ

Everything done by himself. Did I mention he's ridiculously hot and a very good actor as well.

Those that don't compose (maybe they do?)...but can sing very, very well. Mostly mainland.

Faith Yang - soft rock http://youtube.com/watch?v=69OeftJMvIs

Jasmine Leong -

Jane Zhang - http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_TPUBX-3s0

Li Yuchen -

He Jie - http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7FG4mVCgiI

Lu Yi -

Xue Zhiqian -

Su Xing -

Bobo -

Um... I'm stopping here for right now. this list is too ridiculously huge for me to list right now. I can name 26 off the top of my head besides these, and if I were to browse my music folder, you would find more.

And this list was compiled from a girl who seriously can't read Chinese over 200 characters.

The thing that I never see in Kpop that bothers me are the songs that HAUNT me because they are so BEAUTIFUL. Like these.

Sha Polang - http://youtube.com/watch?v=QoZ9IzSFJXY

Tian Xia Wu Shuang -

I've listened to Kpop for 5 years now. I don't know why. Probably because I've been at this forum for so long (this isn't my first account) and I wanted the CHinese stuff (how this forum has a 18 page my hero thread when no others do, even the chinese ones boggles my mind). But I still keep with the new stuff coming out because you can't really ignore it at a kpop forum. And I've never encountered stuff that beautiful.

I've found it in Japanese music, these beautiful songs that make me shiver, and I hardly know what Jpop's about (and the screechiness of some of the singers deter me), but in all these years I've never seen it in Kpop. And that's why cpop > kpop ultimately for me.

Last but not least...Faye Wong singing Please Mr. Postman.

Because she is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other asian diva singer and I don't need to defend her and can put her singing a cover for fun.

This is it for all the ones I can think of up the top of my head (and I didn't put the really big ones that people should know like Anson Hu, Jones Shi, Stanley Huang, Eason Chan etc) but I will be back with more! LOL maybe I should just make a new topic introducing people to good Chinese music.

Problem is, the Chinese people on soompi are too busy with Kpop to know anything beyond the surface of cpop.

Guest singerchick

^ ok random message.

I LOVE JS. I totally forgot about them, but they have such wonderful songs. I LOVE SA PO LANG.

There's also a band called Abao and Brandy that composes their own music, but they aren't as popular. But they have beautiful voices. This is one of my favorite songs that they composed.

Also anyone know michelle&vicky? Even though they are known as an "idol group", Michelle of the band actually composes a bulk of the songs and she plays various instruments as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GDpi_2Xa6dY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MKp7ZtxFLFA

Anson Hu has an amazing voice as well. I love how it has a husky flair:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5tVoGioVE

Coco Lee has a wonderful voice, she's not as popular as of recent, but she's had some beautiful music.

Elva Hsiao I like her old stuff more so than her new stuff, but nonetheless she's a talented entertainer. She's a great singer and dancer as well.

Guest Tonyc402

Problem is, the Chinese people on soompi are too busy with Kpop to know anything beyond the surface of cpop.

That I agree with WHOLE heartedly on this forum

speaking of beautiful songs, here is an old but beautiful song sung beautifully by Jacky Cheung.

and speaking of Coco Lee, here is one of her songs showing some pretty impressive vocals.

the thing about Cpop being unoriginal is that, only the crappy singers are unoriginal, but in Kpop, some of the "best" artists are unoriginal. well, i can't say that, since i haven't listened to enough stuff, but i do know that Minwoo ripped the acoustic version of So Sick off of an indie singer called Passion. he even tried to sing it like Passion (LOL Passion> Minwoox100.) and now some people think he's all original and stuff and that he put his own "flavor" on the song.

i don't listen to either Cpop or Kpop too much, but...blah forget it. i congratulate some of you in here that can tolerate typing essays just to get your point across to some random e-peoples. but i just wanted to say that some of you dummies in this thread are reallll funny. kakakakaka.

Guest huangmeixi

i don't listen to either Cpop or Kpop too much, but...blah forget it. i congratulate some of you in here that can tolerate typing essays just to get your point across to some random e-peoples. but i just wanted to say that some of you dummies in this thread are reallll funny. kakakakaka.

You're right. I shouldn't be spending an hour browsing youtube when I should be studying for a major, major exam I've got. Especially when people who don't like C-pop won't even click on the links because they're so dead-set against it and nothing I say will change that. But I kept remembering so many good singer/songwriters. :( It was fun listing all of them but too tiring. I've got a whole bunch more but I guess i'll stop there. :tears: Back to studying.

Guest Hitorijime

thank you! :P I was gonna say this too. A-Mei can outsing both Bada and Ivy anyday. If anything, only a singer like Park hwayobi can outdo her. lmao.

Anyways, I think all the Cpop fans here will love it when soompi comes out with the Chinese version. Then it will be Cpop for the Masses. xD

Guest ciarain

Lolz ! I guess nobody has time & patience to see all the videos that you post ! How many videos huh ?

- Firstly , I never say that C-pop lacks talents . Don't show off it anymore . I have 7 Chinese channels and only 1 Korean channel on the TV to watch everyday . I see many Chinese MVs and I know many of them can sing . But the fact is that the melody aren't good enough to impress me . And it's just my opinion . That's why I like K-pop more .

- Secondly , my knowledge about K-pop and C-pop is limited ( but not too little ! ). But at least I know that none of them is original .

I personally think Jay and leehom are WAYY more talented than tablo

tablo composes and raps

but leehom and jay does 1102398209381 things

leehom composes, produces, plays over 10 instruments, has a musical ear, sings fabulously etc not to mention he will beat tablo academically (even though I know tablo went to stanford)

also, tank, jj lin and david tao beats kangta et al hands down imo

you compared alot of idol singers whom are sorry to say crappy, instead of choosing better singers so it's :unsure:

nobody in their right mind considers F4 and fahrenheit et al talented, so it's kinda pointless to compare

korean music is somewhat unoriginal, well the mainstream part of it

c-pop's not hugely original either, but at least their companies don't remake song after song like SM

- K-pop is unoriginal , nobody denies

- I respect ur opinion about the thing " who is better than who" , but why did I have to do the comparison ? Because the C-pop fans always say that Korean artists aren't as talented as Chinese artists and can't compose music while it's just too wrong . The C-pop fans seem to think that there are only Chinese artists can compose/produce music . LOLZ !

- I never consider F4 & FRH as talents * cough * , no way . I only put them into the right category ( idol boyband ) . And plz check again my previous post ! Tablo , JYP , Bada , Loveholic , Nell , Clazziquai , MC The Max ... are not idols ! Lol !

- "c-pop's not hugely original either, but at least their companies don't remake song after song like SM" ------> http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=403752

count how many Chinese songs covered Korean ones . And guess what ? Energy's company can be a SM's wannabe in term of remaking . But at least SM is still better . SM has SMP genre and their boybands are way better than most of Chinese/Taiwanese bbs .

I also want to add that most of these people in this forum grew up as Asian Americans and so they have had a lot of taste towards western music and most korean songs(not saying all) are very much western influenced compared to other asian countries and so its a lot easier to listen to then cpop.

also , 2/3 Chinese songs are ballads ( K-pop has many ballads as well , but it's only about 1/2 ), and ballads aren't as easy to appeal as the fast songs . Actually , many Chinese fast songs don't appeal me as well . Yeah , don't know why but it's the reason why I like K-pop more . TALENT IS NOT ENOUGH . Catchy song ---> good MV --> voice , singing skill ---> good performance ---> talent inside ( compose , produce , play inst , ... ) . It's the music industry nowadays .

thank you! :P I was gonna say this too. A-Mei can outsing both Bada and Ivy anyday. If anything, only a singer like Park hwayobi can outdo her. lmao.

Park Hwa Yobi only sings ballads . But if you want , Lena Park , Yangpa , Lim Jeon Hee or Gummy are good as well .

Anyways, I think all the Cpop fans here will love it when soompi comes out with the Chinese version. Then it will be Cpop for the Masses. xD

Unite C-pop fans . Chineses population is too big , but you guys don't have an English forum for the masses .

i congratulate some of you in here that can tolerate typing essays just to get your point across to some random e-peoples. but i just wanted to say that some of you dummies in this thread are reallll funny. kakakakaka.

none of ur business .

Archived