Cpop Vs. Kpop

Guest Phaeocise

Guest pooh77

i likes cpop only for some singer that i likes them from her/him first album.. i always update her/him information and always download the newest album :)

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Amy Lin

Why compare? Both have their pros and cons. I listen to Chinese music but not Cpop since pop is meh. I really love Mouse Love Rice and Wo Ai Ni. There's more Chinese songs I like, but they are kind of not current Chinese pop music. :) 
As for Korean pop, I love their pop since it is very similar to American pop. The only good part of it is that they sing in a language I don't know. lol. Sometimes i don't want to listen to the lyrics of music, that's why I listen to foreign music like Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. 

I'm generally not one to like most pop music, wherever it may come from. However, if I had a preference, it would be C-pop, but only because the C-pop artists I listen to aren't your usual Mando- and Cantopop singers:

Alan Dawa Dolma, or just alan:

SingerSen:

Sa Dingding:

http://youtu.be/ZMUS--92QE4

The only K-pop I listen to:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tina Fang

I like CPop, but I don't listen to it as often as Kpop. It doesn't seem to appeal as much to younger people (maybe I'm wrong here, but that's my take on it).My parents and their friends LOVE Cpop, but their Cpop is for, well, an older generation.There are some artists that I really do like in Cpop, but very few groups.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reen.A said: I love both Kpop and Cpop. I'm Chinese and I think the reason why Kpop is alot more popular among people is because the language itself is easier to put into songs and it's alot smoother. The Korean entertainment industries also spend more time training their artists before they debut. On the other hand, the Chinese companies are looking more for looks than talent recently...makes me disappointed..although they are still some very, very talented Chinese singers out there. The Chinese language has many different pronunciations so it makes it more difficult to incorporate into songs that flow. But overall I'm a HUGE fan of both Kpop and Cpop...enjoying their differences ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hellosnsd

I was a big fan of taiwanese artists before I discovered kpop in 2009. I overall think that kpop has the looks, better vocals and it was different from cpop musically. But nowadays, I find kpop to be overloaded with autotunes and "technical/electronic sounds" that I am slowly shifting back to listening to s.h.e, jay chou, etc. I think it has more to do with the language, but I feel like ballads and acoustic flows more when they are sung in mandarin and the current songs from kpop sound better in korean. for example, show lo's new songs which have a bit of kpop feel, do not seem as good... they are a bit awkward in my opinion..

• 8 months later...
Guest lulutat26

CitrusFlower said: don't be offended becuz im half chinese, but i listen to k-pop. i use to listen to c-pop but not no more becuz i have this channel where you can watch tvb drama but it's in vietnamese, but they show chinese music videos and all i see in there are songs that really suck!and there all new, and i also see alot of those artist trying to look sexy and dancing with those hyori like movesdon't be offended becuz im half chinese, but i listen to k-pop. i use to listen to c-pop but not no more becuz i have this channel where you can watch tvb drama but it's in vietnamese, but they show chinese music videos and all i see in there are songs that really suck!and there all new, and i also see alot of those artist trying to look sexy and dancing with those hyori like moves

lulutat26 said: CitrusFlower said: don't be offended becuz im half chinese, but i listen to k-pop. i use to listen to c-pop but not no more becuz i have this channel where you can watch tvb drama but it's in vietnamese, but they show chinese music videos and all i see in there are songs that really suck!and there all new, and i also see alot of those artist trying to look sexy and dancing with those hyori like movesdon't be offended becuz im half chinese, but i listen to k-pop. i use to listen to c-pop but not no more becuz i have this channel where you can watch tvb drama but it's in vietnamese, but they show chinese music videos and all i see in there are songs that really suck!and there all new, and i also see alot of those artist trying to look sexy and dancing with those hyori like moves

• 4 months later...
Guest exoel_stv

Maybe because a lot of Cpop focus more on ballads but Koreans like to listen to a variety of music like ballads, pop, r&b, hip hop, etc?

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone has different opinion and different taste. Since I grew up listening to Korean Music, I like Kpop better.
But that doesn't mean Kpop is better than Cpop, no. Cpop is pretty good too even though I only listen to it once in a while.
The only Cpop (Chinese Music overall) I listened to is Jay Chou (of course, isn't that where I get my name? LOL).

Archived