Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest jhayanne_agassi

thanks valley for the article...im glad its not true,i don't want her to get married yet...not now maybe after 2 years i will give her my blessings :lol: im a posessive fan haha...i want her to fulfilled her hollywood career before she get married

she's always been a target of false rumors :( a few months ago she was rumored to be engaged to the president of sidus and a few years ago there was also a news that she was engaged to her manager...i feel so sorry for her :tears: i wonder who is she really dating??

Guest jhayanne_agassi

i miss her,i hope to see her soon in a drama or a movie with a korean leading man :tears::)

my favorite pics of her

she's a goddess in my eyes :) :blush:

4b7ddd4ac049e0fullfd5.jpg

jjhyunoe3.jpg

2006619372636077806tn2.jpg

sassygirlkr5.png

av357809me8.jpg

cred baidu & jjh fansite

^Nice, pics, I was browsing my photos of Ji Hyun to look for my favourite but I had too many lol

So quiet lately, the girl is on the down-low!

One piece of news: Blood has been pushed back again. Apparently now it won't be out until June 2009 (source: Pathe.) *pulls hair out*

I think I'm gonna let loose w/ a samurai soon if this ongoing delay keeps up >8X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

October 19, 2008

Korean actress Jeon Ji Hyun says: I've had enough of playing beauties

By Chang May Choon

NP_IMAGES_CHJEON-XF8.jpg

READY: Actress Jeon Ji Hyun says she will settle down

when the right guy comes along. --PICTURE: FESTIVE FILM

SHE may be one of Korea's hottest babes, but Jeon Ji Hyun's criteria for men is surprisingly simple. 'I used to like the strong and macho type of guys when I was younger,' she told Shanghai Times recently. 'But now that I'm older, I prefer guys who are gentle, sentimental, and know how to take care of me.'

The 27-year-old, who shot to fame in Asia in the hit romantic comedy My Sassy Girl, is ready to get hitched when her Prince Charming comes along.

She told the Korean media earlier this year: 'The most important thing to consider is whether I'd be blissful or not. So I'll only marry if I meet the right guy by fate and he can satisfy this criteria.'

Emotional scenes

For now, though, Ji Hyun is focusing on her acting career.

She is set to make her Hollywood debut next year with Blood: The Last Vampire, playing a 'beautiful but fearsome' half-vampire, half-human who hunts demons as a living.

But, she does not wish to be stereotyped as a martial arts heroine - a common career path for Asian actresses in the US. 'No matter where I am, I hope to do what I like to do. I haven't thought about what specific roles I want to play... but since I'm turning 30 soon, I hope to be able to do more emotional scenes.' No wonder she decided to do the heartwarming Korean film If I Were Superman, which opened in Singapore cinemas on Thursday.

Never mind that it required her to make several sacrifices - chopping off her signature long fringe, casting aside her cosmetics, and smoking for the first time in her life. She plays a messy-haired, chain-smoking producer who is tired of churning out heartrending human documentaries, until she meets a crazy guy (Hwang Jung Min) who claims he is Superman.

She goes on to film him as he embarks on a mission to help people and save the earth, even though he has no super powers. During the film's media conference in Korea early this year, Ji Hyun said: 'I thought about the smoking part very seriously, but the story was fun. 'I'd get to work with Hwang Jung Min, so I decided to take a gamble on my health.'

Reviews of the film were mixed, and the average box-office result of less than 530,000 admissions in Korea meant that audiences were not so impressed with Ji Hyun's hyped-up transformation from glamour girl to make-up-free human chimney who exploits people for work.

To the actress, though, the unglamorous role was a dream-come-true. 'I've had enough of playing beauties, and it's necessary for every actor to change his image. This is a role that I've been waiting to play.'

She added that this was her most realistic role to date, and like her alter ego, she is also a casual dresser who does not put on much make-up. 'I won't follow fashion trends blindly. I'm just me. If a girl has a certain striking quality, she will stand out from the rest even if she's carrying an ordinary bag.'

Of course, more so if her name is Jeon Ji Hyun.

Source: The Electric New Paper (Singapore)

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,...,180552,00.html

thanks for the update jicks...i've been waiting for her new movie for the longest time...too bad the release date has been moved back once again :(

Hello all,

it's become quiet lately :D i didn't get any news about her :(

however wish her luck and live happily, happy birthday our lovely JiHyun.

wish u would have a nice film on next periods.

wish everybody here are healthy and happy :D

Cheers n Fighting !!!

Guest maicheljeon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEON JI HYUN!

wish you more and all the best on your career!i will always waiting for any movies you will make!

and you know what guys i still love to watch her movies until now like My Sassy Girl!I just can't let it go!hehe...

that's all God bless to all of us and to Jeon Ji Hyun...

Do you watch the new movie A Man Who Was Superman?

Link of the film here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z8F0D0GW

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4B0Q8CUW

^Thanks mywuyen for the links! Great for us internationals!

I hope our favourite Sassy Girl had a great time on her birthday! Hopefully she is enjoying a well-deserved rest.

I haven't heard much on her lately either, it has been rather quiet but I guess when we do see her new work again it'll be so much more satisfying =)

In the meantime, please enjoy these:

BestiBelli 2008 Winter Catalogue

jjh02110801iq5.jpg

jjh02110802bb4.jpg

jjh02110803xn4.jpg

jjh02110806en8.jpg

jjh02110818fi1.jpg

jjh02110828jw4.jpg

jjh02110804ut9.th.jpg jjh02110805kw0.th.jpg jjh02110807lf9.th.jpg jjh02110808uc8.th.jpg jjh02110810lh6.th.jpg jjh02110811cn6.th.jpg jjh02110812cf1.th.jpg jjh02110813ie0.th.jpg jjh02110814kj4.th.jpg jjh02110815gm3.th.jpg jjh02110816ii3.th.jpg jjh02110817ah2.th.jpg jjh02110819be5.th.jpg jjh02110820zz2.th.jpg jjh02110821uy8.th.jpg jjh02110822ux6.th.jpg jjh02110823vs7.th.jpg jjh02110824tz3.th.jpg jjh02110825gt2.th.jpg jjh02110826us5.th.jpg jjh02110827dd8.th.jpg jjh02110829oi8.th.jpg jjh02110830od7.th.jpg jjh02110831co3.th.jpg jjh02110832mp7.th.jpg jjh02110809yf1.th.jpg

(credit: http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/wangwenjing0702/2...p;tt=1225631134)

^I had a hard time limiting myself to choosing my 6 favourites to enlarge. She just rocks it (what's new) XD

There's alot of man-tailored styling happening which I like :D

BTW, someone totally needs to buy me the bag in this pic for Christmas >>> http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8434/jjh02110813ie0.jpg <3______<3

Guest vondunker

i went to the theatre last two weeks for her movie "If I were a superman".

I trusted Jeon Ji Hyun and thought it would be similar to movie DAISY, although not that welldone, at least we get picturesque pictures of Holland and the actress from the HK director. However the shooting just took the whole story to the wrong place. It must be the director, because he made the whole movie very boring. Wasted, he wasted jeon ji hyun's comeback. Luckily for one of the parodies, jeon ji hyun was looking absolutely beautiful. Thats my only consolation earned for the movie ticket. Now im looking forward to Blood: The Last Vampire.

And thank you jicks for the BestiBelli 2008 Winter Catalogue. I love JJH in all the Bestibelli photos!! :rolleyes:

Guest valley girl

Wow onnie is so PRetty i like her but honestly i don't like the way she choese her projects she must play more projects for me really

^MORE doesn't necessarily equate to being better. Alot of big name superstars are extremely selective as to what projects they take up, which sometimes frustrates some fans but I think that's the way it should be if the artist takes their work seriously. It is tiring to shoot a movie & even moreso to do it well. I know she hasn't had too much commercial/box office success really since My Sassy Girl, but that movie changed the face of the rom-com genre in Asian cinema, so there's alot for Ji Hyun to live up to.

---

No probs vondunker, absolutely glad to share ;O)

---

More pics! I think these were from back in September (?? feel free to correct me!) but I've only just come across them. Not entirely sure how Ji Hyun got herself involved w/ a baseball game/event but you gotta admit she's got the sexy-sporty-tomboy-yet-still-girly thing going on XD

Her legs are soo looonng <3 (Although I keep having the urge to pull the sock on her left leg UP, or push the right one down ><! And the first pic cracks me up w/ the mascot saluting the woman =D)

Guest valley girl

this baseball game must be crowed, crowded than ever since she was come hihihihihi.. she's over crazied by her fans in korea hahah

hi everyone!

First post here...I got a question to ask, Is she still going to be in a upcoming drama "Four Seasons"?

I know that it's not confirmed yet--and I just saw an article from Popseoul--i know i shouldn't completely believe everything she post on his/her blog.

I love her since My Sassy Girl and Il Mare..Hope her hollywood movie will do very good. Can't wait to watch it.