Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest Moonrain

yyanz1 said: adamfever said: @pixie0622 , actually I don't expect much for 2014 either. He still has almost no point for Media exposure and TV exposure, he just doesn't do those things. For Professionalism, he will  be in GB, but it won't premier until December so there aren't a lot of ticket sales figures by then. The only thing that is better than 2013 is CFs. But I've got an impression that his agency (or he) is not aggressive at negotiating price. I remember there was an article in Chinese (I think it is the article @mtdt posted about him learning Mandarin), it said that he accepted the offered price for his appearance on CCTV without negotiation, which was a surprise as everyone would expect he would... something along that line...(note: I used Mr. G so things can be lost in translation)...Meanwhile other actors negotiate and set very high price for their appearances on TV or events, much higher than him (I read from various Viet sources). That is to say among those actors of his caliber, his earnings can be lower. Even though he/his agency has strong negotiating power due to his popularity, but he/his agency often goes easy on it. His goal is not being the richest or most powerful celebrity in Korea., it seems. So as a fan, i don't expect that either (even though I want him too :-) )

jellylovesfaith said: Isn't it fascinating how daejang is the character we talk about and miss the most? Although faith didn't get the best ratings I have a feeling that as far as Minho's acting skills go, he truly excelled in his choi young portrayal.. And the beautiful part is that while most of his other dramas tend to burst with light and zip past pretty fast like fire works or flames, faith is like embers you know? It doesn't glow incredibly brightly but it lasts much longer... In our heart's and In our minds. It's like it leaves a Mark on you that changes you forever without you even knowing it. Sorry for the long post :( I usually get very emotional over faith... Omg where is season two already I want daejang back!! I wanna fall in love with youngah all over again!

Layali said: jellylovesfaith said: Isn't it fascinating how daejang is the character we talk about and miss the most? Although faith didn't get the best ratings I have a feeling that as far as Minho's acting skills go, he truly excelled in his choi young portrayal.. And the beautiful part is that while most of his other dramas tend to burst with light and zip past pretty fast like fire works or flames, faith is like embers you know? It doesn't glow incredibly brightly but it lasts much longer... In our heart's and In our minds. It's like it leaves a Mark on you that changes you forever without you even knowing it. Sorry for the long post :( I usually get very emotional over faith... Omg where is season two already I want daejang back!! I wanna fall in love with youngah all over again!

Guest guadi

Ah we always circle back to CCTV New Year's Gala, don't we? :) 
First, let me do a little "myth-busting," if you can call it that. 
1) I would not trust anything from "celebritynetworth.com" because a) there's no source; where does this site get this information from? B) Starhaus or any other Korean Agencies for that matter rarely disclose their client's fees for CFs, acting, or whatever c) Do we honestly believe that this site has Korean staff on hand to comb through information about K-celebs' earning? I'm not saying that I know his networth, and I don't care to know, but can we please stop spreading news that are not reliable? 
I'm not going to tell you how to do fact-checking, but I'm most definitely telling you to please do some fact-checking before posting, especially if they come from English blog posts. If you don't see a link at the bottom of an article, assume the story is bs. If you see a link, follow that link to see where it leads you. You know there's a reason wikipedia is prohibited as a source in academia or any professional publication, because  posts are written by anonymous people with no credentials. 
Not targeting anyone specifically; this is just a general announcement because it's rather annoying to see stories you can't trace being spread and taken as facts, case in point "OMG, Lee Min-ho is enlisting this year!" or "He's exempt from Military Service because he's the only son," how many times have we seen these kinds of stories pop up? 
Edit: And speaking of "sources", no he's not in Shanghai today or tomorrow for Semir CF. I have no idea where Jominz got this "schedule" from because Starhaus rarely releases his schedule to the public. Here's how I know it's not true, 1) He just did a Semir shooting in December, so it's a bit soon to do another filming 2) This one some people might not have access to - people on Baidu and Weibo didn't talk about him going at all. And usually if there's smoke, there's fire. The rest of what she listed is true because it's been verified and/or publicly announced by Starhaus 8-|

Guest guadi

adamfever said:

yyanz1 said: According to my friend, there are a lot of artists that are willing to accept very low (or even nothing) to perform at the CCTV Spring Festival gala show.

@guadi Appreciate your thoughts and opinion. I'm all for "myth-busting" and fact-checking coz it's so difficult for newbies like me, who are eager to chew on most anything Minho-related, to separate fact from fiction. This is also the reason why I was happy to find this forum---to know more about Minho as well as be updated on his current activities. Notwithstanding the little I know of Minho, I stand by my belief that 2014 is truly his year because of what he has accomplished so far and what he has said he plans to do for the rest of the year (new and better things). This 1st qtr alone was very significant with his momentous CCTV appearance and new blue-chip endorsements (Taobao Mobile, Jeju Air, Lotte, Kia, Isuni, Lotte DFS). 2nd qtr will be devoted to GB filming (another major accomplishment as it will be his first lead role in a feature film) although I won't be surprised if new endorsements are announced during this time. Based on his interviews, 3rd qtr may see him resume his FMs and I'm hoping that he will announce his role in a new drama that will premiere in Oct. [-O< He will then go up the stage again in December to accept his awards as Best Actor for GB and his new Drama that premieres in Oct. =D>

Question: Do we like LMH because he is the #1 Hallyu actor now or just because he's LMH? I ask this because I can't help but be confused sometimes when I read about him being compared with another K-actor (who IMO is a melo type vs romantic/ action which is LMH's type) or K-pop idol (of totally diff genre). I understand that there's a sense of pride in having our "oppa" recognized as the best or #1, but if we love/ admire him for what he is or represents for us, then I think we need to celebrate his every milestone and achievement without worrying whether he's paid the highest or awarded the top prize for it. JMHO :)>-

Guest guadi

pixie0622 said: Question: Do we like LMH because he is the #1 Hallyu actor now or just because he's LMH? I ask this because I can't help but be confused sometimes when I read about him being compared with another K-actor (who IMO is a melo type vs romantic/ action which is LMH's type) or K-pop idol (of totally diff genre). I understand that there's a sense of pride in having our "oppa" recognized as the best or #1, but if we love/ admire him for what he is or represents for us, then I think we need to celebrate his every milestone and achievement without worrying whether he's paid the highest or awarded the top prize for it. JMHO :)>-

guadi said:
Edit: And speaking of "sources", no he's not in Shanghai today or tomorrow for Semir CF. I have no idea where Jominz got this "schedule" from because Starhaus rarely releases his schedule to the public. Here's how I know it's not true, 1) He just did a Semir shooting in December, so it's a bit soon to do another filming 2) This one some people might not have access to - people on Baidu and Weibo didn't talk about him going at all. And usually if there's smoke, there's fire. The rest of what she listed is true because it's been verified and/or publicly announced by Starhaus 8-|

pixie0622 said: @guadi Appreciate your thoughts and opinion. I'm all for "myth-busting" and fact-checking coz it's so difficult for newbies like me, who are eager to chew on most anything Minho-related, to separate fact from fiction. This is also the reason why I was happy to find this forum---to know more about Minho as well as be updated on his current activities. Notwithstanding the little I know of Minho, I stand by my belief that 2014 is truly his year because of what he has accomplished so far and what he has said he plans to do for the rest of the year (new and better things). This 1st qtr alone was very significant with his momentous CCTV appearance and new blue-chip endorsements (Taobao Mobile, Jeju Air, Lotte, Kia, Isuni, Lotte DFS). 2nd qtr will be devoted to GB filming (another major accomplishment as it will be his first lead role in a feature film) although I won't be surprised if new endorsements are announced during this time. Based on his interviews, 3rd qtr may see him resume his FMs and I'm hoping that he will announce his role in a new drama that will premiere in Oct. [-O< He will then go up the stage again in December to accept his awards as Best Actor for GB and his new Drama that premieres in Oct. =D>

alesia44 said: guadi said:

Guest HannaP

@alesia44 you already posted the pictures. hahaha :D  you beat me on posting the pictures of lmh in eider. your so fast.  :D  :):D

Guest Jenny Em

Voting website recovered! It allows continuous voting.  Just need to input verification code.Please show them the power of Minoz!
http://nanshen.ddyule.cn/nanshen.ddyule.cn

Guest feliciawst

so he's not in Shanghai/China and here i was, waiting in front of my computer to save pictures of him flying off to China and when i didn't see any, i kind of panic a little. he's been MIA for far too long. I miss seeing him. He will be in China for the Tabao event on March 8 right? 

Guest califgirl

guadi said:
1) I would not trust anything from "celebritynetworth.com" because a) there's no source; where does this site get this information from? B) Starhaus or any other Korean Agencies for that matter rarely disclose their client's fees for CFs, acting, or whatever c) Do we honestly believe that this site has Korean staff on hand to comb through information about K-celebs' earning? I'm not saying that I know his networth, and I don't care to know, but can we please stop spreading news that are not reliable? 
I'm not going to tell you how to do fact-checking, but I'm most definitely telling you to please do some fact-checking before posting, especially if they come from English blog posts. If you don't see a link at the bottom of an article, assume the story is bs. If you see a link, follow that link to see where it leads you. You know there's a reason wikipedia is prohibited as a source in academia or any professional publication, because  posts are written by anonymous people with no credentials. 
Not targeting anyone specifically; this is just a general announcement because it's rather annoying to see stories you can't trace being spread and taken as facts, case in point "OMG, Lee Min-ho is enlisting this year!" or "He's exempt from Military Service because he's the only son," how many times have we seen these kinds of stories pop up? 

pixie0622 said: Question: Do we like LMH because he is the #1 Hallyu actor now or just because he's LMH? I ask this because I can't help but be confused sometimes when I read about him being compared with another K-actor (who IMO is a melo type vs romantic/ action which is LMH's type) or K-pop idol (of totally diff genre). I understand that there's a sense of pride in having our "oppa" recognized as the best or #1, but if we love/ admire him for what he is or represents for us, then I think we need to celebrate his every milestone and achievement without worrying whether he's paid the highest or awarded the top prize for it. JMHO :)>-