English Subs Thread

Guest mily2

Guest halenchau

I really want to help but I only know how to translate English to Vietnamese, I actually work for another website to help them translate to Vietnamese , if this web also need to translate from English o Vietnamese, I am always free to help. Just send me messege than I will work on it imediately.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wynter

i have the VLC player and the Media Classic BUT for some reason they dont show the right subtitles. does anybody know why?

[[ example: when i try to watch Love Letter or Xman, the subtitles are from the movie Seducing Mr. Perfect. ]]

You're working with softsubs, right? Check that the name of the SRT file is exactly the same as the AVI file that it belongs to. I hope that solves your problem. :)

Guest mama bear

ok im not a sub-team or want to apply (which i cant since im not korean...ow! i want to be korean sometimes!)

i just want to thank you guys for all your hard work in making soft subs for korean dramas!!! thank you very much! it brings joy to us! it is a very hard work indeed! if only i can be a korean for some time then i can be able to help the subbing team hehe!

thanks again for subbing! especially HELLO MISS!!!! thankss!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

^You don't have to be Korean to help with subbing. You could help with timing or editing subs too. I'm not Korean and I work on a subbing team. :) We also have Chinese translators who do translations from the Chinese-subbed episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest phuongalina

Hello... I was just wondering like the rest of the fans of I really really like you what happened to the rest of the episodes? I am eternally grateful that the subbing crew had taken their time to sub the drama. I'm just very anxious to watch the movie that's all. It will calm down my nerves if there would be an explanation about it. Please don't take this comment in any negative way. I'm just plainly curious.

Guest mangosteen

hi, i have a question about the versions you guys choose to sub

wonder what reason for you guys to use different versions to sub for a series?

1. We would choose a version that's out earliest in the day after the episode was aired.

2. We would choose a version with the best quality in picture and sound.

3. We would choose a version depending on its availibility at that moment. Sometimes the preferred group has problems and can't catch a hold of an episode, thus we use the rip from another group.

Guest mangosteen

wow, so you guys download and watch every single version to choose out the best quality in picture and sound one? :sweatingbullets: , that is a lot of work

Not really, but when you download from them for a while, you'll get to know which one to expect for higher quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

withs2announcejv9.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

We have warned everyone repeatedly on the issue of hardsubbing & streaming our subs.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's efforts to spread the drama love, but we're growing increasingly frustrated,

not to mention worried, over our repeatedly ignored requests not to upload our material to Veoh, Youtube and other streaming sites.

Perhaps you guys aren't aware of the problems facing WITH S2,

but the flagrant disregard for our requests puts us in an increasingly vulnerable position as a fansubbing group.

We don't want to be shut down (which is something we are in constant threat of) and if our rules are not honored, we may well be.

Therefore we once again make this request:

Please do NOT harsub & upload any of our subtitles to streaming sites.

If people do not comply, we will be forced to stop releasing our subtitles

for ALL our current projects until the request is met, full stop.

We regret that we have to take such a drastic stance, but our requests have gone ignored for the past year.

There's not much more we can do to protect ourselves and to continue bringing these dramas to fans,

but we believe that taking these precautions now will keep us operational for the long run.

And we hope to keep bringing these dramas to English-speaking fans for a long time.

Please help us by abiding by our rules.

~*~*~*~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest vizard

http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/12/with-s2-fansubbing-policy/

Read here to understand the situation WithS2 is currently going through because of the hard-subs, uploading and streaming.

If it was up to me i would make it so people who donate to the group could only have access to the subtitles. Although you would lose alot of fans and there would probably be less seeders due to there being less downloaders of the series, this would probably cut 90% of the problem out, And i would be happy to support the group with donations every now and then.

The people and the fans who are waiting patiently for the releases cant actually help the situation, if we report the videos to youtube staff for deletion, it will then lead to WITHS2 and could cause them more problems, same thing on VEOH.

I dont believe that if they delay the release of the subtitles its going to help, because even if they delay it for months, when they DO release it some annoying bastard will just upload it to VEOH or YOUTUBE anyway.

Anyway, the fans of WITHS2 are getting some punishment due to the annoying hardsubbers at the moment, i hope you guys can figure out a way to solve this problem. Good luck.

edit : One way you could try to stop this is to find the email / username / ip address of the user posting on veoh and youtube, and then if its someone on here you can BAN them, and then get D-addicts to do the same, as obviously the person doing this is either from D-addicts or here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vizard

I was wondering does anyone know how to hardsub rmvb files or to hardsub avi files then convert to rmvb? I find that the chinese hardsubbed files are usually in rmvb format and the quality is quite good. The file size is usually much smaller than the avi subbes files but with better quality. Does anyone know how this is done?

Google has all the answeres.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tehdave

I hate to be the devil's advocate, but you might as well stop subbing all together,

because there will always be people who do not see these requests, who do not understand, or people

who do not care, and would like to see themselves be the sole reason for an entire sub group to shut down.

There is no way the entire internet of drama watchers are going to be able to recognize your fair and very respectable warnings and pleads, because that's just it; the internet is too big.

Plus, there are people who do not even know the existence of forums like Soompi and d-addicts, and solely watch and discover dramas through stream sites. I will be honest, the only reason I got into the wonderful drama that is New Heart was because I was on mysoju, and by chance clicked on New Heart and ended up really getting into it, thus myself desiring newer episodes quickly as well as wanting high quality videos, leading me to this very topic where I have been constantly checking for the newest sub-release.

To be honest, this request is inevitable, and if you for one second believe that everybody would be like I, or your loyal fans, and would respect your request not to upload to stream sites, then you're in for a sad sad surprise.

Thanks for all of the subs though, they are really really really appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lilyrose

I really have looked everywhere, including YahooAnswers, so I cannot find an answer to this.

Can I "paste" soft subs onto uploaded raws on streaming sites like Veoh, etc.? basically, I cannot DL b/c I don't have the time nor the harddrive space nor the internet connection speed. So because people have uploaded the episodes on streaming sites, thus saving me hours of my life, I want to watch them with the sub files posted on soompi. Is that possible? If so, can you give me suggestions on how to do so?

Guest negitoro

I really have looked everywhere, including YahooAnswers, so I cannot find an answer to this.

Can I "paste" soft subs onto uploaded raws on streaming sites like Veoh, etc.? basically, I cannot DL b/c I don't have the time nor the harddrive space nor the internet connection speed. So because people have uploaded the episodes on streaming sites, thus saving me hours of my life, I want to watch them with the sub files posted on soompi. Is that possible? If so, can you give me suggestions on how to do so?

Actually I'm curious what the subbers would say to this.

It's possible using Overstream.net... in effect to create a 'streaming softsub'.

The issue is that you would need to

- find a site that streams the whole raw (Megavideo is the only one I know of that still allows full hour episodes in one go)

- hope the version uploaded is the version that correctly syncs up with the subtitles

- live without any fancy formatting because Overstream doesn't support it

• 1 month later...
Guest Jaejoongx3

I wanna say a BIG thank you for the fansubs and subbers! :D

You guys did a great job in subbing Dramas/Variety shows :D..

I'm jealous of you guys for being able to do so at the same time! xD.

Don't stop subbing! You guys are doing great :D

I wish i can help. I think i could translate Chinese to English

But my chinese ain't that great. @_@. I'll try to help! :D

I'm looking for a subbing team that focus on one particular variety show :D

But i'm not sure if i'll do a good job. Cause i have no experience o.o

-Jaejoongx3

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lucky_moon

I'm looking for chinese or korean translator to help with one drama only.. If someone want to help translating PM me..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Black-stones

Hi...

I really hope that you can help me...

I got the program DIVX Media Sub.....

and got the subs and the video.. I opend the program and got the subs in there... but how do i save the video????

I have tried everything... and there is nothing that work, how do I get the subs on, and save the file so i can watch the video with subs in media player???

hope you can help... Thank you

Archived