I'm back Faith-lings :D I have BP duty as well :))
@farstrep: LOL If I don't count the time I had to backtrack and find those specific RS I was looking for to go along with my posts, it took me less than 15 minutes to write all that =)) I know. I know. You have something to say about my gutter mind, don't you? :))
@myphim: So far, how many Faith-ling participants do we have so far for Game Night?
Oh, I also want to give you gals a heads-up. I will be watching 'Ghost Sweepers' tomorrow night and will be posting my thoughts on it in the thread that was created for the video. My thoughts should be there before you gals watch it for the movie night together. Because I work on Saturday morning at 6am, I cannot join you all for movie night. So, I am going to be take a step ahead first :D

Yuuni said: @myphim : Why so curious ? :))
There's nothing interesting to know, but I hope I was able to answer your question properly.
Spoiler: Actually, it's just the way I am since I was little.
Like everyone , I did came across some books, movies, dramas, etc that I liked but the rave only last for a short time and is limited. I won't think about it for months, nor would I talk about it with friends or family, not to the point of annoying them at least. LOL I usually don't have the need to share what I like or dislike about something to someone else.
Most of the time when I like something, I'll end up by moving on, and won't think of it for awhile.

And I don't like to idolize people. It's in my nature.
We were all born equals so why should one be put above the others? Especially celebrities, because they only show what they want us to see. Most of the things they do or says are controlled. If they smile and say some kind words, we'll be like "it's so sweet of him/her" but what do we really know of them, what they think or who they really are ? It's difficult to know so I prefer to not waste time liking them. I won't benefit of anything by liking someone I don't really know and who's not even aware of my existence.
I prefer to appreciate someone's work without putting the person on a pedestal.

Now, why Faith ?
It's simply because of this thread.
I really liked this drama, but it was no different from others dramas I liked before. However, it was the first time I checked a drama's thread regularly. I started to frequent this place for spoilers at first. At the same time, I started to read the discussions to kill the wait for the next episodes. I appreciated it more because Faith was sometimes a bit difficult to understand. So the chatting and insightful post made me understand it better and grasp how good of a story it was. And then, before knowing it, I became familiar to this place, and it became a habit to check in everyday (several times a day lol). It was a fun experience to watch a drama with people I didn't even know about.
Then I delurked, but it really took me awhile to feel at ease here. That's why I didn't talk much at first.
There was a time where I almost give up on Faith, not because I didn't like it anymore but I often take a break on dramas I watch during their broadcast, because it's really tiring to wait for new episodes every week.
But I was too engrossed in the thread to give up. Lol
Faith ended, but it was too sad to leave the thread yet, and the addiction was still here. So I stayed here, in everyone's company.
Then, the time when I was finally able to move on from Faith finally came! I still couldn't enjoy watching dramas like my pre-Faith period, but I wasn't thinking about Imja couple all the time.
But by the time my addiction came to an end, I had already bounded with the Faithlings here.
I didn't expect to become friends with all of you here (maybe not for you, but that's how I consider you all as :) ). So now, I can't just leave like that, right ?
Now I don't come in this thread for Faith but its Faithlings. It's our little home. ^^ And it became a part of my quotidian. It's my fruit jus the morning, my bread for lunch, my tea for snack time, my dinner and my midnight snack altogether. LOL
But that doesn't mean I don't love Faith anymore, I'm not crazily into it as I was during its broadcast, but I still enjoy talking about it. And want to know more about it. It all became a habit.
Sometimes, I think : "Did I really spend 6 months of my life around a drama ? O_O".
Because I really never went this far. LOL

So in the end, I shall put the credit on the Faithlings more than the show itself.

vangsweetie637 said: I'm back Faith-lings :D I have BP duty as well :))
@farstrep: LOL If I don't count the time I had to backtrack and find those specific RS I was looking for to go along with my posts, it took me less than 15 minutes to write all that =)) I know. I know. You have something to say about my gutter mind, don't you? :))
@myphim: So far, how many Faith-ling participants do we have so far for Game Night?
Oh, I also want to give you gals a heads-up. I will be watching 'Ghost Sweepers' tomorrow night and will be posting my thoughts on it in the thread that was created for the video. My thoughts should be there before you gals watch it for the movie night together. Because I work on Saturday morning at 6am, I cannot join you all for movie night. So, I am going to be take a step ahead first :D

sia3 said: @buguz
Nooooo, I missed out chatting with you again! :'(
Hahahaha, ok. I am happy that you thought about me.
I did notice whenever I tell people I am Chinese, they will automatically think I am from China :))
But no, I'm not from China but if we really want to go into detail then yes, my ancesters are from there :P
I reside in the Koala/Kangaroo Outback land. ^ ^

So next time if you step foot in the Koala Land, think of @awesomeduck @Hanjae @silverlode and me. I suspect there are more Koalas out there lurking in the Faith thread who just did not want to admit their location. Oh well ~

@Maja
Oh Maja!! I found the result of you playing your toy ;))
i7lb7NLNidJkp.gif
*nose bleed* - so I am guessing @shengvang died one time from this one! =))
*saved* *saved* *saved*
Thank you, dear! You should play some more... ;)) ;))

@myphim said:
@Hanjae   Jub Jub and sweet dreams.
Would you like to do a post on Choi Min Soo's character? I'd love to read more about him.
Also, the young king, Gyungchang, is also an interesting topic for discussion.
I don't mind if you do a post on MH. I do feel sorry for her for being not so popular with us.

@guadi, @farstrep, and @kappy
Members of the Philosopher Club, we're hoping to hear from you too on these topics if you have free time.

@myphim - Hi FIVE!!! ^ ^
No wonder we are imja couple :P

sia3 said: Yuuni said: @myphim : Why so curious ? :))
There's nothing interesting to know, but I hope I was able to answer your question properly.
Spoiler: Actually, it's just the way I am since I was little.
Like everyone , I did came across some books, movies, dramas, etc that I liked but the rave only last for a short time and is limited. I won't think about it for months, nor would I talk about it with friends or family, not to the point of annoying them at least. LOL I usually don't have the need to share what I like or dislike about something to someone else.
Most of the time when I like something, I'll end up by moving on, and won't think of it for awhile.

And I don't like to idolize people. It's in my nature.
We were all born equals so why should one be put above the others? Especially celebrities, because they only show what they want us to see. Most of the things they do or says are controlled. If they smile and say some kind words, we'll be like "it's so sweet of him/her" but what do we really know of them, what they think or who they really are ? It's difficult to know so I prefer to not waste time liking them. I won't benefit of anything by liking someone I don't really know and who's not even aware of my existence.
I prefer to appreciate someone's work without putting the person on a pedestal.

Now, why Faith ?
It's simply because of this thread.
I really liked this drama, but it was no different from others dramas I liked before. However, it was the first time I checked a drama's thread regularly. I started to frequent this place for spoilers at first. At the same time, I started to read the discussions to kill the wait for the next episodes. I appreciated it more because Faith was sometimes a bit difficult to understand. So the chatting and insightful post made me understand it better and grasp how good of a story it was. And then, before knowing it, I became familiar to this place, and it became a habit to check in everyday (several times a day lol). It was a fun experience to watch a drama with people I didn't even know about.
Then I delurked, but it really took me awhile to feel at ease here. That's why I didn't talk much at first.
There was a time where I almost give up on Faith, not because I didn't like it anymore but I often take a break on dramas I watch during their broadcast, because it's really tiring to wait for new episodes every week.
But I was too engrossed in the thread to give up. Lol
Faith ended, but it was too sad to leave the thread yet, and the addiction was still here. So I stayed here, in everyone's company.
Then, the time when I was finally able to move on from Faith finally came! I still couldn't enjoy watching dramas like my pre-Faith period, but I wasn't thinking about Imja couple all the time.
But by the time my addiction came to an end, I had already bounded with the Faithlings here.
I didn't expect to become friends with all of you here (maybe not for you, but that's how I consider you all as :) ). So now, I can't just leave like that, right ?
Now I don't come in this thread for Faith but its Faithlings. It's our little home. ^^ And it became a part of my quotidian. It's my fruit jus the morning, my bread for lunch, my tea for snack time, my dinner and my midnight snack altogether. LOL
But that doesn't mean I don't love Faith anymore, I'm not crazily into it as I was during its broadcast, but I still enjoy talking about it. And want to know more about it. It all became a habit.
Sometimes, I think : "Did I really spend 6 months of my life around a drama ? O_O".
Because I really never went this far. LOL

So in the end, I shall put the credit on the Faithlings more than the show itself.

Guest farstrep

@Maja: That's unfair! How can we compete in a competition we don't know of? :))

@myphim: I'll give you an answer to the Faith game when I return. I've already sent @vangsweetie637 the link to the movie. I've done some screen caps for it as well and will post it together with my comments on movie night.

For those who purportedly have a memory of a fish, let me put this back up again so that you don't have to search for it:

We'll be watching "Ghost Sweepers" in real time this Saturday (2 Feb 2013) at GMT 13:00. Prepare all your popcorn, drinks and snacks beforehand. We'll have an intermission of 5-10 minutes after 1 hour into the movie. Only 5-10 minutes because it'll be quite late for the koalas when the movie ends. PM me for the link to the movie.

Respective time zones for Saturday GMT 13:00:

India: 18:30
Thailand: 20:00
Malaysia & Philippines: 21:00
Korea: 22:00
France & Slovenia: 14:00
Hawaii: 03:00
Pacific time (US & Canada): 05:00
Central time (US & Canada): 07:00
Eastern time (US & Canada): 08:00
Sydney: Sunday morning 00:00

If I miss out on any time zones or make a mistake in my calculations, please correct me. Thank you.

I have to get going. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I bid you guys adieu. :-h :( @awesomeduck, @sia3, @myphim, @Maja, @vangsweetie637, @Hanjae, @bee_ipa, @shengvang, @LuvMinHo, @kappy!! Where's @Gukja? I want to say hi to her before I go. :((

tumblr_m9qcdsAUXm1qg486no1_500.gif
credits: as tagged

A sandwich hug again before I go!
group_hug.png

I leave you guys with this light music to enjoy:

http://youtu.be/Pi6-Co8BXts

http://youtu.be/scYsOwMaQ4E

@kappy: Ms. Bruce Lee! yes. It has been a long time! is it because of the moving? Did you get everything settled down now? :D
@myphim: Faith Jeopardy will be fun! :D Ah, yes. @farstrep has already sent me the link to the video :D
@Ducky: When I saw this, I thought of you. I could NOT stop laughing =)) =)) =)) =))
big-hug.gif
Just pay attention to the movement of the hands at the end =))
EDIT:
Goodnight @farstrep! awww..I know. @Gukja is usually here by now. She is probably busy and may come on later. But if you can't keep your eyes open any longer, you should go and rest :D Talk to you again later :-h
1425708535_goodnight14_xlarge.gif

sia3 said: myphim said: @sia3
I must have a 'memory of a fish' for real because I don't remember reading this tidbits. :))
So, the whole hand-holding comfort scene was all our Imja couple doing.
Wow! They must have been so into their characters to come up with that sweet gesture.
They were so in tune with each other too.
Now I love this scene even more knowing this fact. :))

@vangsweetie637 @LuvMinHo @shengvang @farstrep (you have an avatar and it's KHS!) @Maja @katymac @azzurri @kappy >:D<

@sia3 @awesomeduck - How are my fellow koalas on this wet and stormy day? This is the perfect weather for ~O)

@myphim - Put me down for the game, Daejang! And how can I refuse the Imja couple? :)) Choi Min Soo/Gyungchang/MH will be my next victims to be poked, prodded, pondered upon and dissected (only for discussion, mind - although I know some Faithlings might prefer just dissecting MH LOL).

But first, re: @guadi's favourite scenes game.

Let's see, there are so many meaningful scenes that I liked... But I'll go with the Imja couple scene from Episode 17, where Choi Young and Eun Soo took the first major step towards being honest about their feelings for each other after Young temporarily wrests Eun Soo away from Deok Heung's clutches. In so many ways, both the dialogue and actions of this scene symbolized their complicated relationship up until that point.

YZl53VV.jpg

From the very beginning, I knew you wanted to run away.
From the moment we met, I knew you faced death multiple times, that you have not been able to sleep in peace for even one night, that you cried many times, I know it's all because of me.

From the very beginning, Eun Soo had tried to run away from Choi Young for various reasons that are all rooted in fear. Initially it was fear and disgust at his seeming lack of concern towards the use of violence, which was gradually replaced by fear for his life as she grew to trust and care for him despite knowing that theirs must necessarily be a fleeting acquaintance. She also fears the painful parting that would follow once she acknowledges both his feelings for her and hers for him - and so, with each step that he takes towards her, she takes one step backwards. Keeping her distance.

qUiN5Id.jpg

But still...
I cannot leave you with such a person.
There are only a few days left before you return.
And during those remaining days... I can't leave you by the side of a bastard like him.
So...
Can't you stay by my side?

From the very beginning, Young had tried to approach her even as she tried to run away. At first it was because he had made a promise to protect her and send her home, but subconsciously her warmth, inner strength and love of life made him reach out to her for a lifeline. Each time Eun Soo ran, he brought her back. In front of the portal, he stopped her before she could step through; he chased after her to save her from Ki Chul even as she misunderstood Gyungchang's death and rejected him in disgust; he tried to stop her from leaving even though she asked him to forget his promise. Despite her attempts to escape, he tries to bridge the distance between them both physically and emotionally. For Young, his compass seems to point towards Eun Soo rather than due north; he walks steadily towards her because he cannot help himself and does not know how to do otherwise anymore. Moving towards her symbolizes moving forward and embracing the future rather than being held back by the past.

The image of him advancing towards her and her backing away echoes the scene at the portal with Young grabbing Eun Soo and refusing to let go - but in contrast, it is out of love that Young grabs Eun Soo this time, rather than a combination of desperation and despair. Ever honest, Young lays his feelings bare; his heart is Eun Soo's to accept or reject. And while fear is evident in Eun Soo's reaction both at the portal and in Episode 17, it is significant for its starkly contrasting motivations; her initial fear for her own life has been entirely replaced by fear for his safety. She backs away not because she fears him, but because she fears losing him. Rather than fighting against his embrace, she now welcomes it.

Annyeong @Hanjae :-h The weather is a little abnormal these days hahaha I prefer the cool breeze over the hotness and humidity. But I do want some sunshine without the heat :))
Prof @vangsweetie637 - OMO totally suits me hehehe :)) I'm going to add it to my signature. Thanks *hugs* image

Good night @farstrep they did say we could claim RS's anytime when it's not recap time ;)) anyway I'm feeling generous I'll give you this RS I hope this will be satisfactory ;))
tongue_zps1eb2fb04.gif
exclusively for @farstrep ;))

@Ducky: LOL you're welcome. I know. When I saw that, I could only think of you =)) Those hands are the hands of a pinching master :)) *hugs back*
@sia3: Hey..Daejang! I want some rice soup too?? :(( You are upset because I keep on disclosing your special rice soup secrets huh? :((

Hanjae said:
@myphim - Put me down for the game, Daejang! And how can I refuse the Imja couple? :)) Choi Min Soo/Gyungchang/MH will be my next victims to be poked, prodded, pondered upon and dissected (only for discussion, mind - although I know some Faithlings might prefer just dissecting MH LOL).

But first, re: @guadi's favourite scenes game.

Let's see, there are so many meaningful scenes that I liked... But I'll go with the Imja couple scene from Episode 17, where Choi Young and Eun Soo took the first major step towards being honest about their feelings for each other after Young temporarily wrests Eun Soo away from Deok Heung's clutches. In so many ways, both the dialogue and actions of this scene symbolized their complicated relationship up until that point.