Hanjae said: @sia3 - Someone compared Dr. Jin to Faith? After both dramas have aired, or beforehand? I knew there was quite a kerfuffle about plagiarism early on, but surely it's impossible to draw any comparisons between the two dramas once it was evident that the content was so different, LOL. About all you can say is they're both about time travelling and the leads are eye candy.

I'm actually halfway through In Time With You! It's great; I love the contemplative tone of the series. I'm a sucker for stories of best friends falling in love (9 End 2 Outs is one of my favourites) and I've been a fan of Ariel Lin since her ISWAK days, so I was pretty much predisposed to like it anyway.

Guest WutHmone

12,000 yen for each box set translates to about AUD$125 each, so that's $375 for all three

it'd be about AUD$157 so I'd say each boxset is about AUD$150 - $250 depending on where you buy it from.

I remember the TMTETS was around $170 so I assume Faith will be similar or more

OMG!!!

1098837-Clipart-Yellow-Shocked-Smiley-Em

@sia3 , @Hanjae , @awesomeduck : I'm taking back my words.It's not worth it!
X( X(
I'll wait for some kind soul to share with us. :D

Here @Hanjae

class="headline"'Faith' ends with much regrets despite popularity among fansKpop Fighting작성자: Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – 6시간 전

SBS TV drama 'Faith' led by Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun ended its 24 episode run on October 30th with a happy ending for the couple. The romance between a Goryeo warrior and a modern doctor that transcended time and space was the highlight of the entire drama from start till finish.

Although 'Faith' was much loved by fans, there were some regrets at the end. The final episode pulled in only 1.2% higher than the penultimate episode on Monday, ending with 10.1%. There was also not much difference from the single digit ratings that it had gotten in previous episodes. Despite boasting the likes of big-name actress Kim Hee Sun who was making her first drama comeback in 6 years, and being paired together with rising Hallyu star actor Lee Min Ho, it failed to spark television ratings as anticipated. The pairing of director Kim Jong Hak and screenwriter Song Ji Na who both produced stellar dramas together in the past like 'Eyes of Dawn', 'Sandglass', and 'The Legend', failed to provide the spark this time, and left many viewers disappointed with the execution of the overall drama.

The first mistake that 'Faith' made was adopting the time travel concept a tad late, and causing viewers to lose interest from the beginning. Viewers had already viewed time travel dramas like 'Rooftop Prince' and 'Dr. Jin' just earlier this year, and thus 'Faith' felt like a recycled drama to them when it aired. Similarly, the stories for 'Faith' and 'Dr. Jin' revolved around a doctor crossing the time conundrum back into the past, and experiencing the same dilemma of meddling with events that might affect history.

The romance between Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun also seemed to lack a special something that we usually associate with on-screen couples. Despite being one of the more good looking couples on television in recent times, the gap between two people from different worlds were seemingly too great and failed to keep viewers drawn in to their romance as it seemed impractical. But some viewers remarked that such time travel romances would naturally appear to be more sad and mushy. But compared to the romance experienced by Yoochun and Han Ji Min through 'Rooftop Prince' which aired in May this year, the romance element in 'Faith' lacked a special something.

In addition, the over the top fantasy element settings also put off some viewers. The adoption of slow-mo filming techniques and the use of computer graphics in post-production did not add value to the drama but instead hindered viewers' understanding of the entire story flow. Characters that possessed skills like freeze, sonic waves, and fire never found favors among viewers.

But it must be said that the acting ability of Kim Hee Sun was particularly good and left a deep impression on viewers. Although television ratings for the entire drama were considered to be in the low region, but there was still a loyal set of viewers that stayed throughout, so 'Faith' can still be considered to be somewhat a success.

- OK, no more getting upset over this, esp. the new Faithlings. I'm just showing Hanjae the news from ages ago.

Guest WutHmone

@sia3 : Dorky Daejang is always cute :x :x

So you are right! Daejang is nearsighted. :))

Edit : @myphim :Don't spend too much time playing video games [-X [-X

Hello everyone. Just a quick post before I continue b/p to catch up. (because I just have to post something! :D )
On favourite scene, I am with Azzuri and Sia. That's one of my favourites and reasons are similar. There's one other favourite but I won't post till have time to screen cap and the brain to write out the reasons, unless someone else chooses the same scene, and have similar reasons (then thank you very much, I'll ride on your tailcoat) 
On HYD, BOF was my first and MS the second. BoF brought LMH to my attention with his acting and of course GJP was so sweet in his own way, you could see how his character change for JD (mostly only for her... others he might still treat the same old way)... swoonworthy love story. Never felt the need/urge to watch any other version of HYD, but eventually got curious about Mainland China's version which's supposedly not HYD (copyright issue). And now, thanks to you ladies, I thought I would watch MG to see Jerry Yan and Vic (whatever his last name is). Anyway, I don't know if you'd seen it, but there's a similarity in looks between Jerry and LMH... especially if you'd watched Mackerel Run. 
Back on LMH and Faith... because of BoF, I started following the drama that he's in, however, only the current ones; however while watching Faith and waiting for the next episodes I started watching MR which's one of his early (or first?) drama. I'd yet to watch IAS. I would say that for me, BoF and Faith would be the more memorable drama of his for me. I love CH, the storyline, the action etc... I enjoyed the drama, but tbh, I can't remember much of it anymore, and there's no urge to rewatch it (or avoid watching it). He's mostly great in Faith, but at times, his eyes/expression seemed a bit blank. Maybe it's Daejang's character or maybe LMH's tired. I don't know. Whereas for BoF, I did not even know he's a rookie then, I thoroughly enjoyed his performance... and the various character traits he displayed. Maybe CY's character's too stoic and introverted... and it's not an easy role to act. GJP's an easier character to act in. 
Now back to lurking/bp and listening/watch to ep 2 of MG.
PS. If I have the time (no idea when), I might screen cap JY in MG and LMH in MR to show the similarities. Unless some kind soul does it for me first :D 

awesomeduck said: rrmski said: sia3 said: guadi said: And another question, Which hairstyles worn by Daejang do you like most?
1) Hairstyle #1 Ep. 1-8, ponytail mane of glory with touches of highlights  :x
2) Hairstyle #2 Ep. 8-18, straight ponytail with headband  :\">
3) Hairstyle #3 Ep. 19-24. Slightly untamed ruffled hair with a very nice side bang  :P
4) Hairstyle #3.5. Same as #3 with the stache as seen in the last scene :D 
I like #2. 

Guest bee_ipa

Annyeong @sia3 @swesomeduck @hanjae @wuthmone @maja @luvminho @myphim @silverlode and everyone
How are you today.It is a great day for everyone.Come home and talk to everyone.    <:-P