[Drama 2013] Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek 광고천재 이태백

Felicia Soh

@achil welcome to the thread!

Preliminary photos from the poster shoot.
23734_198626263610246_1967027256_n.jpg
KBS2 새 월화극 '광고천재 이태백'의 포스터 촬영이 화기애애한 분위기 속에서 진행됐다.

지난 15일 서울 논현동의 한 스튜디오에서 진행된 포스터 촬영에는 네 명의 주인공 진구(이태백 역), 박하선(백지윤 역), 조현재(애디 강 역), 한채영(고아리 역)을 비롯해 드라마를 이끌어나갈 배우들이 대거 참석한 가운데 화기애애한 분위기 속에서 촬영을 마쳤다. 

진구는 근성 있는 성격의 이태백답게 촬영장을 유쾌한 분위기로 이끌었으며 상큼발랄 백지윤으로 변신한 박하선은 비타민 역할을 톡톡히 해냈다. 또, 조현재는 완벽한 핏을 자랑하는 수트를 입고 등장해 여자 스태프들을 설레게 만들었고 한채영은 몸에 딱 맞는 원피스로 여전한 몸매를 과시했다. 

이처럼 네 사람은 각자의 캐릭터에 걸맞은 스타일로 완벽 분해 가진 매력을 한껏 끌어올렸고 서로의 사진을 모니터링 해주며 끈끈한 팀워크를 과시해 환상의 호흡을 예감케 했다.

특히 남자배우들은 여배우들을 배려해 촬영 순서를 양보하고 서로를 극 중 이름으로 칭해 부르는 등 훈훈한 모습을 보이는가 하면 촬영 중간에 틈틈이 주어진 꿀맛 같은 쉬는 시간에도 대본을 손에서 놓지 않는 모습을 보여 드라마에 대한 애착을 드러냈다는 후문이다. 

황영철 사진작가는 "이른 아침부터 진행된 촬영 임에도 불구 배우들이 힘든 내색 없이 시종일관 밝은 태도를 보여 즐겁게 촬영을 끝마칠 수 있었다. 엄청난 집중력으로 촬영해 임해준 배우들 덕분에 베스트 컷들이 너무 많아 사진 고르기가 힘들 정도"라며 배우들을 칭찬했다. 

한편, 광고라는 유혹의 꽃을 피우기 위해 24시간 피 말리는 전쟁을 하며 살아가는 광고판 '선수'들이 매혹적인 광고를 만들어내는 과정을 시크하고 쿨하게 그려낼 '광고천재 이태백'은 '학교 2013' 후속으로 전파를 탄다. 

고재완 기자 star77@sportschosun.com

cr: http://news.nate.com/view/20130117n04713
English translation at this link: http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/ad-genius-poster-shoot/

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 16, 2013
Bring the "Lee Tae-baek" cast together and…
Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net
photo275207_zpsbb721f26.jpg
The poster shoot for upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Lee Tae-baek" was revealed.
Jin Goo (Lee Tae-baek), Park Ha-seon (Baek Ji-yoon), Jo Hyeon-jae (Eddie Kang), Han Chae-young (Ko Ah-ri) and other actors and actresses attended the poster shoot.
Jin Goo led the atmosphere of the photo shoot with pleasure and Park Ha-seon was the vitamin of the set. Jo Hyeon-jae appeared in a suit that showed off his perfect fit and Han Chae-yeong wore a dress that hugged her body tight.
The four people worked off their characters according to who they were in the drama and didn't forget to monitor each other and give advice.
The actors were considerate of the actresses and let them go first and called each other by their character names. They also used their break times to work on their scripts and lines.
Photographer Hwang Yeong-cheol said, "They were so bright and supportive throughout the whole shoot. There are so many best cuts I'm going to have a tough time sorting them out".
Meanwhile, "Lee Tae-baek" which is about the passionate people behind advertising will be released in February after "School 2013".
20130117_1358380867..JPG

January 17, 2013
[New Drama 'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek'] Supporting Cast Full of Personality
Written By: Jun Ji Young KBS Global
A fantastic line up of talented and charismatic actors has been revealed for the new KBS drama, “Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek”. The actors include Bang Eun Hee, Hong Ji Min, Go Chang Suk, Shin Seung Hwan and Kwak Hee Sung.
“Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” is about Lee Tae Baek (played by Jin Goo) who throws himself into the advertising world without a cent to his name. His rival is the elite Eddie Kang (played by Cho Hyun Jae) who has swept all sorts of awards in the ad world, while Park Ha Sun will play Baek Ji Yoon who dreams of becoming a great copywriter. There’s also Go Ari (played by Han Chae Young) who gave up her past to pursue her dream of becoming the greatest ad executive (AE).
The supporting cast will back up the four main characters as players in the advertising world. The 2nd production team head and creative director (CD) Lee Eun Hee (played by Hong Ji Min) is a hot-tempered woman who often becomes hysterical when she is out of ideas. Shin Dong Hoon (played by Shin Seung Hwan) is a genius with words who is able to overcome his lack of skill with talk, adding more fun to the drama.
1800_4815_l.jpg
The president of the small ad firm that will jump into the warzone among major players in the field is Ma Jin Ga (played by Go Chang Suk and his son Ma Ee Chan (played by Kwak Hee Sung) will also play an indispensable role. The father has a kindly façade, but is hiding a surprising past while the son is a good looking fellow that is attractive to the ladies.
Meanwhile, Bang Eun Hee will play Won Mi Ok, Baek Ji Yoon (played by Park Ha Sun)’s aunt who will stop at nothing for her niece.  A related official said the four main characters as well as the vibrant supporting cast will pour out their heart and soul into the new drama. The characters are in perfect harmony with the actors which will be a great support for the drama. The official also added hopes that the audience will have interest in the new drama.  “Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” takes place in an ad firm which has not been a major setting in Korean dramas before. The new drama is expected to provide a variety of attractions for the audience. The drama will premiere on Feb. 4th on KBS2TV.

@rubie, question - are these articles already in English or you just translated them?  I just want to clarify what is the correct English name for JHJ's character.  Some reports are using "Addy", while others are using "Eddie".  So confusing.  

Jo Hyun Jae posted these 3 photos on his official FB page just now.  The photos came with this message:

In Korean: 드라마 포스터 촬영현장에서…’애디 강’ 많이 기대 해주세요!

In English: While shooting the poster for the drama “Ad genius”… Please give support for ‘Addy (Eddie) Kang’

JHJFB-01.17.2013-01

JHJFB-01.17.2013-02JHJFB-01.17.2013-03.

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/officialjhj; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.196968013776957.49135.102621923211567&type=1.  Thanks!

@prissymom, the articles are as stated at the 'source' - from Hancinema.net (providing English gist for the Newsen article) and KBS Global which is an English site for KBS. The active links are enclosed for reference.
I didn't translate anything.
20130117_adgenius_3_zpsf035d7ea.jpg

Another English article about the poster photo-shoot from EnewsWorld
January 17, 2013
'Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek' Actors Shoot Drama Poster
Source: CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho 
The four leads of the upcoming KBS drama, Advertisement Genius, Lee Tae Baek have gathered for their first drama poster shoot. 
The upcoming drama’s four leads - Jin Goo, Han Chae Young, Jo Hyun Jae and Park Ha Sun recently gathered on January 15 at a studio in Seoul’s Nonhyeon-dong where they shot for the drama’s posters. 
Styled in their respective drama characters, the actors showed their distinct personalities on set with Jin Goo helping provide a positive atmosphere on set and Park Ha Sun helping boost morale. 
20130117132317803_zpsa37fb3c0.jpg
The cast’s chemistry was also evident from the start as the male actors chivalrously offered the women to go first, while the actors were all seen rehearsing with scripts in between shoots. 
The actors’ positive personalities, focus and hard work were noted and complimented by the photography staff who added there were so many great cuts from the shoot that they had trouble deciding which ones to use. 
The new drama, centered on the competitive world of advertisement, will premiere in February after the conclusion of School 2013.
Photo Credit: KBS 

January 17, 2013
'Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek' Cast Comes Together for Their Promotional Photo Shoot
By KDramaStars Staff Writer
New KBS drama “Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek” gathered together for promotional pictures.
Main actors Jin Goo, Jo Hyun Jae, Park Ha Seon , and Han Chae Young were present at the photo shoot, with other actors also in attendance.
It was reported that In the photo shoot, the atmosphere was lively, and fun. Jin Goo and Park Ha Seun were the happy virus in the event, while all of them call each other with their characters names and they rehearse and performed some of the line, while they were on brakes.
In the photo shoot, Jin goo sported jeans, with layered sweaters and boots, while Jo Hyun Jae wore casual suit, to match his character. Park Ha Seon wore a plaid red skirt, with a white top, a leather jacket, and black boots, and Han Chae Young wore fashionable flowered pants, with a leather jacket and green heels.
Photographer who was in charge of the photo shoot said “Thanks to their outgoing personalities, the photo shoot was completed in a bright environment. They supported each other a lot.”
Besides the main leads, veterans actors Bang Eun Hee, Go Chang Suk, Hong Ji-mi, Shin Seung Hwan, and rookie actor Kwak Hee Sung (Who previously worked in drama “Korean Peninsula” as a North Korean soldier) were also confirmed for the drama.
“Advertisement Genius, Lee Tae Baek” will show the hard and very competitive world of advertisement. It will premiere after "School 2013" ends.

viewimage.php?id=hyunjae&no=29bcc427b680
'이태백' 진구vs조현재, 2색 카리스마 대결 '불꽃
KBS 새 월화극 '광고천재 이태백'(이하 이태백)에서 진구, 조현재가 각기 '강철멘탈' 이태백과 '완벽주의자' 애디 강으로 분해 상반된 매력으로 여심(女心)사냥에 나선다.

'이태백'은 사람들을 유혹하는 '광고'라는 매력적인 꽃을 피우기 위해 개성 강한 광고쟁이들이 모여 24시간 피 말리는 전쟁을 펼치는 광고 전쟁터의 모습을 생생하게 그려나갈 드라마.

극중 이태백(진구)은 게으르다가도 제대로 꽂히기만 하면 맹렬히 돌진하는 돈키호테형 인간으로 광고에 제대로 꽂혀 멋진 광고인이 되고야 말겠다는 꿈을 지닌 인물이다. 지방대 중퇴라는 
스펙의 한계에도 좌절하지 않는 그는 고정관념의 틀을 깨는 사고로 편견과 맞서 싸우며 아트디렉터(AD)로 성장해 나가는 노력형 천재다.

반면 애디 강(조현재)은 학창시절부터 전교 1등을 놓쳐본 적 없는 수재로 굴지의 광고대행사 '금산애드' 대표의 장남이자 광고기획자(AE)다. 세계적인 광고인이 되기 위해 로열 코스를 거쳐 온 그는 빛의 속도로 움직이는 광고판에서 최고의 자리를 유지하기 위해 시간마저 분단위로 쪼개 쓰는 냉철한 전략가다. 

공개된 사진에서 진구는 근성 있는 열혈 청년답게 팔을 걷어붙이고 일에 집중하는 열정 넘치는 모습으로 조현재는 엘리트다운 고급스런 수트 차림에 이지적인 카리스마를 보이고 있다. 옷차림부터 표정 하나까지 각 캐릭터의성격을 고스란히 녹인 듯 보이는 이들의 강렬한 대비가 기대감을 불러일으키고 있다. 

'이태백'의 한 관계자는 "살아온 환경도 사고방식도 완전히 다른 정반대의 삶을 살아온 두 사람은 일과 사랑에 있어서 철저히 대립각을 세우게 된다. 뜨거운 마음을 품은 이태백과 차가운 이성을 지닌 애디 강으로 두 사람이 보여줄 각기 다른 매력은 드라마를 보는 재미 중 하나가 될 것이다"고 전했다. 
English translation at this link: http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/ad-genius-jin-gu-vs-jo-hyun-jae-polar-opposites-charisma-showdown/

Guest cocodoll

ohayo I'm coming XD

2013011800650_2.jpg

2013011800650_1.jpg

2013011800650_0.jpg

Credit: http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/01/18/2013011800722.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Guest Shin Haido

hai there... i'm so excited to find this thread. oh i never know that i will be ever this head over heels to an actor. that is our JHJ. OMG!! :let me rest my breathe for a moment:fiuhh..fiuh..fiuh..fiuhh... thank you so much.. i will definitely wonder around this thread a lot. please welcome me, ok. :D xxx

@GaeinaLee, Shin Haido and cocodoll, welcome to the thread!   :D
I hope they come out with a cool drama poster.  It would be ironic if they release a crappy poster considering that this is a drama about advertising. :D
I ship these 2.  I know, based on the synopsis that they are not the OTP, but they look good together, so I will ship them.  
75205_236928963108740_516616462_n.jpg
320906_236928946442075_2087081001_n.jpg

Guest Shin Haido

prissymom said: @Shin Haido and cocodoll, welcome to the thread!   :D
I hope they come out with a cool drama poster.  It would be ironic if they release a crappy poster considering that this is a drama about advertising. :D
I ship these 2.  I know, based on the synopsis that they are not the OTP, but they look good together, so I will ship them.  

January 18, 2013
'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek' reveals posters of main cast
By Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com
Upcoming KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama 'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek' will be making its debut soon, and the production company has revealed promotional posters of its main cast (Jin Goo, Park Ha Sun, Jo Hyun Jae, and Han Chae Young) on January 15th, that was taken recently in a Seoul film studio.
Jin Goo will play the role of the diligent protagonist Lee Tae Baek, and he was responsible for making the filming environment an amiable one. Park Ha Sun is cast as the outgoing, bubbly Baek Ji Yoon and she serves as the drama's vitamin source. Jo Hyun Jae was decked out in a slick tailored suit, and left the hearts of female production staff on scene fluttering. Han Chae Young meanwhile flaunted her perfect body ratio with her fashionable tight outfit.
The 4 cast members posed professionally while filming the posters, and were definitely a match for professional models with their poses. They also viewed each others' photos to give their opinions, and displayed their positive team chemistry.
One production staff revealed, "The male actors took really good care of their female co-stars by allowing them to film fast. They also got up to speed for familiarity reasons by calling each other with their drama character's name while on the set. During breaks in filming, they all could be seen reading through their scripts, showing their passion for the drama."
Photographer Hwang Young Chul expressed, "Filming begun early in the morning, but the cast members have not shown any signs of tiredness, and continued to face filming with a positive and eager attitude. Because of that, filming was able to progress smoothly and ended on an enjoyable note. We have to thank the cast members who showed great energy throughout the shoot, and were able to get many good photos in the end," reserving the highest praise for the main cast members.'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek' is a drama that focuses on advertising professionals who work tirelessly 24 hours a day to create advertisements that moves the heart of people. The drama will replace the outgoing 'School 2013'.

Archived