Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Happy Birthday Mr. Hummer!

It's very hard to believe that you're 80, but I take your words for it.  Kona showed me your picture when she and I met in Seoul.  You looked so young and healthy!  I thought that you were in your late 60s or early 70s at the most!  Keep up with what you have been doing to stay healthy and young looking.

Hello SIKers!  please forgive me for not posting lately.  I have a computer problem and it's very miserable to for me to type and post my messages.  It takes me a long time to type this message.  I will try to come back and post more as soon as I can. 

Love you all!
  :x

h2og said: I came across an YT vid of Coach Song Il Kook participating in Tongyeong Triathlon 2009...  Hope it has not been posted yet!  If ever you had this posted already, watching it again is still very much a joy in connection with Tongyeong Triathlon 2012....  Enjoy!!!

kish_agnes said: try  18273561   oh my god I follow the instruction the outcome is this, I use picture2life editor,anyway kona and gabi thanks for help..
kona agasshi, you made me laugh out loud you did insist the driver that your still agasshi hahahaha,he was honest to tell you that at our age we are ajumma already hahaha but our heart still agasshi...

kish_agnes said: kish_agnes said: try  18273561   oh my god I follow the instruction the outcome is this, I use picture2life editor,anyway kona and gabi thanks for help..
kona agasshi, you made me laugh out loud you did insist the driver that your still agasshi hahahaha,he was honest to tell you that at our age we are ajumma already hahaha but our heart still agasshi...

h20g,Joo Sang Wook compliments the rest of the QOM cast with his funny comments and easy banter.  When SIK praised him for his acting roles, he responded with obvious respect to his "senior." Can't wait to see how he does in the triathlon. 

Saengil chukhahamnida Mr Hummer!  I hope we will share many more years together, exchanging your thoughts and comments.  We all miss SIK in saeguk dramas, but, frankly, these dramas now seem to be written for younger actors with limited fighting and horseback riding skills.  The epic heroic character is no longer popular.  Which means watching Jumong and Kingdom of the Wind, and Emperor of the Sea..........again.  

Good to see your posts charmy.  Don't give up!

@alex1999 - Hello! Thanks for your warm comments!  We have a common friend - @hibiscus23.  She is also an avid fan of one of your top 4 K-actors! It is very nice to meet you here!
@gabisikfan - Thanks for complimenting on Joo Sang Wook.  He changes his styles very often & many people couldn't recognize him right away because he looks different in several occasions!  That's what makes him interesting to me!
@KonaBeans - U R the best! Thanks for digging up more info on the Eng Sub availability!  It will be available sooner with you taking on the upload.  That's awesome!  I look forward to your posting in Qualifications of Men as well as JSW Threads when it becomes available.
@metaltiger - Hi there! The Triathlon Project energized not only the cast of Namgyeok but also their respective fans!  I couldn't agree more with KonaBeans that we do now share something in common with Namgyeok!  
Coach Song Il Kook is a world class athlete besides being a well-known actor and a philanthopist!  Joo Sang Wook just starts learning his rope in Namgyeok since he joined the show last July. It is nice to see JSW interacting wittily with his colleagues that came before him.  It's honorific to address colleagues with the title of 'Sunbae' since JSW is younger than most of the them with the exception of Yoon Hyung Bin.
I wish we can watch all the Triathlon episodes together. It would be a blast!!! Expect tons of laughter from their blunder!  That's Namgyeok!  The members of Namgyeok will speak their minds with no holds bar!!!  Have a wonderful day or evening!  Take Care!!!
Best Regards,h2og

Guest sig-Hadise

Hello Dear Fans Lovely Songilkook ssi

sig-Hadise said: Hello Dear Fans Lovely Songilkook ssi

Uni kona , Dear dana , Dear Gabi , Dear sahyang , Dear h2og , Dear pohhooiDear katsu3 , Dear hoonwoodjoon

Dear ardently , Dear celia , Dear elisa , Dear mr,hummer, Dear metal
Dear erriny , Dear florimam--

Dear alex , You are all great
:)>- =D>

Qualifications of Men with Song Il-Kook  (E-Sub)

First episode with Song Il-Kook aired on KBS2 on 19-Aug-2012 
Now with E-Subs. 
Source: KBS World  30-Sep-2012
Torrent Link:  DevilSlob
(Click on DevilSlob to download with torrent)

Enjoy, everyone! \:D/

\:D/

@KonaBeans - U worked fast... Thanks for the upload!  I will take the liberty to post the E-Sub in QoM & JSW Thread. Like I said before... U R the best!  We thank you for your precious time to download the file from DevilSlob and uploading it again.  That's more than doublework!
Many thanks to DevilSlob as well.

@KonaBeans - Thanks for digging up your archives!  It is definitely more interesting to watch the vid with E-sub on Coach Song Il Kook.  He is a very serious athlete.  Understanding how he pushed himself in the triathlon game is a must-see.  
Again, I would like to post them in QoM & JSW Thread.  Thanks for making them available so soon!  Take Care!!!

30-Sep-2012

“Qualifications of Men”:
Song Il-Kook praised Joo Sang-Wook for his better-than-expect record

8052521806_e8e3122434_o.jpg

Coach and actor Song Il-Kook praised Joo Sang-Wook.

Broadcasted on September 30 on kBS2, TV’s ‘Happy Sunday – Qualifications of Men’ triathlon draw attentions.

Song Il-Kook and QoM members were training hard for the up-coming triathlon in Tongyeong.

When arriving to Tongyeong for training, Song was very concerned that the team will not easily adapt to the sea, let alone swimming in the ocean for the first time.

However, contrary to expectations, and despite the humiliation in the pool, Joo
Sang-Wook impressed everyone of his excellent sea swimming skill.

With one month of training, Joo
Sang-Wook was apparently showing a significantly improvement.  The result of hard training was impressive in every round:  swimming, cycling, and running.

Coach Song Il-Kook also complimented the team for their commitment to the triathlon challenge, "Hopefully pacing will be faster than when they first started", he said.

Rewritten from Google translation by KonaBeans via NATE

~~~~~~~~~~~

@h2og, you're more than welcome to repost the files.  They're for everyone to view.  Yes, the process is downloading from DevilSlob's torrent link, splitting the file in 4, or sometime 5 parts, and then uploading each of them to Dailymotion.  My preference is YT but they're so good at detecting Copyright.  What wouldn't I do for my "first, one, and only idol Song Il-Kook"?

Celia and all, enjoy the QoM epi and laugh a lot!  :))

Mr. Hummer's BD is today, Oct 3.  I wish you many more years of health and happiness, and to continue following SIK's acting career with us.  Don't give up on him!

Guest chiyoko

I spoke with Mr Hummer this morning!  He is doing well BUT he won't be visiting here for the time being.  His computer broke down and he is trying to decide what he will do with it...either fix it or dump it and buy another one.

Ardent...I have received both of your cards.  I will deliver yours personally to Il Kook-nim at the his Birthday Party/Fan Meeting.  Thank you very much for your kind words.  Here's hoping that you will be able to meet our King in the near future!  That meeting will be one of your most memorable moments in your life ever!

@h2og, thank you for your kind words. Yes, I've talked to @hibiscus23 in Kim Ji Hoon Soompi thread and another KJH blog. Glad to see you here as well.

Kona, thank you so much for the torrent link. I successfully downloaded it this morning. There were also other programs from KBS World. What a plus! I'll find time to watch it tonight.

Charmy, glad to see your post. Hope you will post again soon. I also have problem logging on Soompi and posting here. I must admit that I don't like the new board. But we can't avoid that. I will have a new notebook tomorrow. Hope my life will be easier.

Mr Hummer, your birthday is the same day as my Australian father. He is not my biological father but we are very close just like real dad and daughter. So Oct 3 is a very special day for me as well. Now I have another person to think of and pass my love & regards to on this day. Please stay healthy.

kish, don't give up. I had problem posting photo when Soompi changed the board. Some photos hosting sites may not work. I normally use upic.me. 

Chiyoko, I don't have anything for SIK at the moment. Please help pass my love to him (and a hug will be great :x  :x  :x ). I might be the only fan from Thailand here but I'm sure that there are many Thai fans loving him. 

Now that BIFF just started today. I miss SIK so much. I wish he will have a new project and join this kind of event.

Tongyeong pictures from Laney @ songilkook.com. 
Captions by Laney except where noted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night journey to Tongyeong on bus was tough, not able to catch some sleep.
Early morning weather in Tonggeong is cooler than Seoul.
Here are some photos I manage to crop from my video clip during morning meeting with SIK.

SAM_0636.jpg

SAM_0632.jpg

SAM_0629.jpg

SAM_0639.jpg

SAM_0630.jpg

SAM_0634.jpg

SAM_0635.jpg

SAM_0637.jpg

SAM_0640.jpg

SAM_0631.jpg

SAM_0638.jpg

The end of first meeting time to move to the triathlon ground.