Broadcast period: 2010-Nov-08 to 2010-Dec-28

Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Director: Hong Suk Goo

Original writing: Won Soo Yeon (원수연)

Screenwriter: In Eun Ah

Cast: Jang Keun Suk, Moon Geun Young, Kim Jae Wook, Kim Hyo Jin

Broadcast Company: KBS2 & ACC Media Korea

Release date: November, 2010

[Eng Sub] Marry Me, Mary! (매리는 외박중) Premieres on Dec 20th on KBS World~!!

Storyline/Synopsis:

Wi Mary is a stubborn woman and the daughter of a failed businessman without much experience in dating. One day, fate had her meet with Kang Mu Gyul, before knowing that her dad’s long-time-friend from Japan had planned to have her as his daughter-in-law. They plan to have the two of them, Mary and Jung In, married by the end of the 100-days agreement. So Mary had to used Mu Gyul to be her fake husband in order to escape from her marriage agreement. What will happen to the three of them? Which one will she marry at the end…?

(cr. withs2)

ezqz.jpg

MAIN CAST

mary55.jpg

Jang Geun-Suk as Kang Mu-Gyul

Mu Gyul: The lead vocalist and lead guitarist in a band. Beautiful and languid like a cat. Doesn’t like to talk much, and when he does his answers can be short. Because all he needs is music. Successful or not isn’t what matters to him.

This is how he wants to live his entire life. He dislikes women because of the emotional scars left by his mother. He’s just a bad guy who escapes everything. A man who likely won’t ever get married meets a girl named Wie Mae Ri, and from that moment on lots of things seem to happen. Turning into a situation where monetary conflicts result in a “100 day fake marriage”

A man who does not understand the purpose of a family, and doesn’t know what true love is – he falls in love with Mae Ri, a girl with loyalty and devotion who struggles to survive like each day is a battle. He and his rival Jung In commence a battle between men. Facing a monumental change in his life.

mary54.jpg

Moon Geun-Young as Mary

Mae Ri/Mary: She has the vitality of the sun. She resembles her deceased mother….even though she is quite pretty, she has her father’s explosive and irritable temper.

Because of a father who is prone to getting into scrapes, her life has been difficult. But, to Mae Ri, her father is the world best best father to her.

She is currently taking a leave of absence from school because she can’t pay her tuition. She doesn’t have any talents, so she does odd jobs to pay down the debt. Because of her dad’s marriage scheme, she ends up taking fake wedding pictures with Mu Gyul. Resulting in her falling into two fake marriages…..

mary56.jpg

Kim Jae-Wook as Jung-In

Jung In: He is the head (representative) of JI, the television music production company. He was born the son of a chaebol. Arrogant and carefree, a bona fide rich boy. The ideal for the ladies. He has the looks, the wealth, and the business acumen. The #1 most desirable husband material. He refuses to allow anyone to interfere in his orderly life, appearing cold to the outside world.

The perfect Jung In’s only weakness – his father. To accede to his father’s wishes, he must play the kind son. He begins a 100 day fake marriage without any emotional attachment. But then he begins to fall for Mae Ri. To achieve a musical dream, he finds Mu Gyul. On one hand, there is his legally wedded wife Mae Ri, on the other hand is his rival in love Mu Gyul. The three of them become intertwined together in love. At the same time Seo Jun gets involved in the mix and makes an already complicated relationship even more messy.

mary57.jpg

Kim Hyo-jin as Seo Jun

Seo Jun: She comes from a wealthy family, and has a strong personality. An actress who prefers making movies over television dramas.

She was the ex-girlfriend of Mu Gyul, from over a year ago. Sometimes she secretly goes to see Mu Gyul’s performances. She has the same soul as Mu Gyul, and finally she meets up with him again. She signs a contract with television producer Jung In, and begins to have positive feelings about him. Between Mu Gyul and Jung In, she is torn.

Credit: ockoala

[All the English translations were done by ockoala, from the Chinese translations posted at the Mary Stayed Out All Night Baidu bar]

Facts:

1. Based on the internet comic "Maerineun Uibakjoong" by Won Su-Yeon.

2. "Maerineun Uibakjoong" was first published online via cartoon.media.daum.net on February 6, 2009. It was then published as comic book on November 24, 2009

3. Won Su-Yeon also wrote the manhwa "Full House" which was adapted into the 2004 KBS drama "Full House".

ENGLISH Hardsubbed

by www.midnights-dreams.com

EP 1 | EP 2 | EP 3 | EP 4 | EP 5 | EP 6 | EP 7 | EP 8| EP 9 | EP 10

DOWNLOADS

Episode 01 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 02 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 03 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 04 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 05 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 06 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 07 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 08 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 09 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 10 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 11 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 12 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 13 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload (slighlty out of sync/synced with Baros)

Episode 14 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 15 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

Episode 16 – Torrent | Megaupload (HANrel) *Subs: Megaupload, Box.net

* Subtitles are made by Midnights Dreams Subbing teams & ViiKii members

SOUNDTRACK

Marry Me, Mary! OST Part. 1 (KBS TV Drama)

01. Super Star - 한승연(카라)

02. Tell Me Your Love - TRAX

03. 부탁해, My Bus! - 장근석

04. My Precious - 장근석

05. Europa - Janinto

06. 무결테마

07. Congratulation

08. 술래잡기

09. Running up

10. Emotions

11. 달려라 Donkey!

EPISODE RECAPS by javabeans @ dramabeans.com

EP 1 | EP 2 | EP 3 | EP 4 | EP 5 | EP 6 | EP 7 | EP 8 | EP 9 |

EP 10 | EP 11 | EP 12 | EP 13 | EP 14 | EP 15 | EP 16 |

EPISODE RECAPS by ockoala.wordpress.com

EP 1 | EP 2 | EP 3 | EP 4 | EP 5 | EP 6 | EP 7 | EP 8 | EP 9 | EP 10 & 11

Episode ratings Source: TNS Media Korea

EP 1  2010-11-08  Nationwide 6.7        | Seoul (<7.7)

EP 2  2010-11-09  Nationwide 7.0        | Seoul 7.3 (20th)

EP 3  2010-11-15  Nationwide 8.7 (15th) | Seoul 8.8 (13th)

EP 4  2010-11-16  Nationwide 7.0        | Seoul 7.1 (20th)

EP 5  2010-11-22  Nationwide 7.1 (19th) | Seoul 7.2 (18th)

EP 6  2010-11-29  Nationwide 6.6        | Seoul (<8.1)

EP 7  2010-11-30  Nationwide 7.1        | Seoul 7.4 (19th)

EP 8  2010-12-06  Nationwide 5.6        | Seoul (<7.5)

EP 9  2010-12-07  Nationwide 5.1        | Seoul (<7.3)

EP 10 2010-12-13  Nationwide 5.6        | Seoul (<7.8)        

EP 11 2010-12-13  Nationwide (<8.0)     | Seoul (<7.8)        

EP 12 2010-12-14  Nationwide 5.0 | Seoul (<8.1)       

EP 13 2010-12-20  Nationwide 5.9 | Seoul (<7.6)  

EP 14 2010-12-21  Nationwide 5.9 | Seoul (<7.8)      

EP 15 2010-12-27  Nationwide 5.3 | Seoul (<7.6)       

EP 16 2010-12-28  Nationwide 6.6 | Seoul (<7.8)     

Average 6.0%

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest em.sie_1813

Oppa EEls unite:D!!

Another JGS drama.. So much looking forward to it!!

I heard about this drama.. So it is a manhwa adaptation.. :wub:

Guest cofioca

Surely, his upcoming drama's gonna energize me big time!  And I hope his leading lady will add more oomph... I wish to see him be paired up with Lee Min Jung or Lee Yeon Hee or Moon Geun Young. *excited for more news about this! I really don't mind seeing him act again as a singer because he definitely has a remarkable voice that just makes my fascination deeper whenever I hear.wub.gif

Btw, so looove that FM pic you featured, daily tofu! Sukkie rocks! 

Thanks for another thread to interact with fellow eels! Let's keep this hyperactive! *Waves!  biggrin.gif  

Guest vivilp182

Can't wait for it!!!

I hope Jang Geun Suk'll not have long hair for this character, I really hate it long hehe. Or at least make it more styled.

Jang Geun Suk and Moon Geun Young in a drama?

by nanunmaro on September 9, 2010 at 2:53 am

20100909_marypastthecurfew.jpg

Will the Geuns (Moon Geun Young and Jang Geun Suk) meet?

It was revealed today that Moon Geun Young is currently considering the role for the upcoming KBS miniseries “Mary Skipped the Curfew” for which Jang Geun Suk has already been confirmed for.

Moon Geun Young’s agency revealed, “Her musical “Closer” ends on October 10th. Because of conflicting schedules, she is unable to decide whether to partake in the drama.”

They added, “In addition, she has also received several requests to appear in their respective dramas. She will consider carefully about her next project.”

“Mary Skipped the Curfew” is set to air in early November so filming has to begin by early October.

The drama is based on a story from popular manga author Won Su Yeon, who also wrote the manga that successful drama series “Full House” was based on. So far, Jang Geun Suk is confirmed as the protagonist and only the supporting actress remains vacant.

-allkpop.

~~~

Is this a rom-com? If it's a rom-com I'm all for it! MGY has yet to do a rom-com type of drama.

Guest bluetsukky12

im rooting for the geun geun couple, hehe. i hope that jks would be a cool rocker than a beautiful rocker. but being both won't be bad either. ^^

Guest BiNueng

Aww, GuenGuen couple sounds fantastic to me! I'd love to see them together in this drama. I hope Moon Geun Young accpets this role! Really can't wait! It must be a big hit <3

Confirmation from dramabeams about Jang Keun Suk's participation in this series :woot:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/jang-geun-seok-plays-another-musician-in-new-drama/

This information had come out earlier as a possibility, but now it’s confirmed: Jang Geun-seok will be returning to television in the KBS miniseries Mary Stayed Out All Night, which is based on a manhwa that was written by the same creator of the Full House manhwa.

Although the character was originally described as the vocalist of a death metal band, now he’s been tweaked to be a free-spirited hippie who’s the lead vocalist of an indie band. His rival in the love triangle is his complete opposite: a perfect type of guy with a good background and prestigious education. For 100 days, Mary will have an “imaginary marriage” (as in simulated) with both guys; the exact circumstances remain unclear but it intrigues me.

Jang Geun-seok said, “Because Mary Stayed Out All Night is about music, I felt more burden in choosing it. I thought that I might be fixing my image with musician roles. [but] I read the synopsis and script and found it so fun that I was strongly drawn to it. In particular, I grew more and more attached to the character of Mu-gyul, who lives a bohemian lifestyle. Living a non-mainstream life, he has pain from his childhood that he tries not to show on the outside, and I found him very human and appealing.”

For the lead role of Mary, rumors popped up recently that Moon Geun-young was considering it, but no decisions have been made. It would be lovely to see her in a romantic comedy, though.

Writing the drama will be Goong and Love & Marriage‘s In Eun-ah, while directing is Hong Seok-gu of last year’s lauded short drama Kyung-sook, Kyung-sook’s Father as well as the inaugural Drama Special episode, Red Candy.

Mary Stayed Out All Night is planning for a November premiere.

Via OSEN

Archived