[Drama 2013] Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek 광고천재 이태백

Felicia Soh

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 9, 2013
Han Chae Young, Jin Goo, Park Ha Sun Cast in New KBS Drama, 'Advertisement Genius, Lee Tae Baek'
CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho 
KBS has revealed the main cast for its upcoming new drama.
KBS’ new drama, Advertisement Genius, Lee Tae Baek is set in the competitive world of advertisement. 
Jin Goo has been cast in the drama as the main lead, the talented and unique art director Lee Tae Baek. 
Regarded as a loser because of his humble background and experience, Lee Tae Baek’s story of how he goes on to become a winner in the world of advertisement will be shown in the hope-filled and inspiring story. 
Park Ha Sun stars as copy writer intern Baek Ji Yoon in a leading major advertisement firm. She is described as a hard-working and passionate individual whose character comes to be entangled with Lee Tae Baek. 
imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.In the same firm as Baek Ji Yoon is the chic and charismatic Ko A Ri, played by Han Chae Young, the firm’s advertisement producer. After having given up on her dreams and love for her role, Ko A Ri’s ruthlessness and realism is what drives and motivates her.
Produced by Park Ki Ho (Unexpected You), written by Seol Joon Seok (Sungkyunkwan Scandal), Advertisement Genius, Lee Tae Baek will be the follow-up drama to School 2013
Photo Credit: KBS

@Felicia Soh... I am joining the thread because of my JHJ^^
JHJ joins the cast of the drama "Ad genius Lee Tae Baek"

이미지
[ SBS E! 연예뉴스 | 김재윤 선임기자] KBS 새 월화드라마 ‘광고천재 이태백’에 조현재가 전격 캐스팅돼 냉철한 광고기획자로 변신한다.

‘광고천재 이태백’ (극본 설준석, 이재하, 이윤종/ 연출 박기호/ 제작 래몽래인)은 사람들을 유혹하는 광고라는 매력적인 꽃을 피우기 위해 피 말리는 전쟁을 하며 살아가는 광고장이들의 모습을 생생하게 그려나갈 드라마.

그동안 SBS 드라마 ‘49일’, KBS 드라마 ‘아빠 셋 엄마 하나’, MBC 드라마 ‘러브레터’ 등을 통해 깊은 눈빛과 밀도 높은 멜로 연기로 여심을 사로잡아왔던 조현재가 ‘광고천재 이태백’에 합류, 드라마에 대한 기대감을 한껏 끌어 올렸다.

이번 드라마에서 굴지의 광고대행사 금산애드의 AE(광고기획자) 파트 팀장 ‘애디 강’으로서 세계적인 광고 공모전에서 메달을 휩쓴 명실상부한 엘리트로 분하는 조현재는 불리한 전투에서도 승리할 수 있는 탁월한 전략가로서 죽은 기획안도 살려내는 ‘PT의 귀재’로 날카로운 카리스마를 선보일 예정이다.

특히, 조현재는 극 중에서 태어날 때부터 정반대의 삶을 살아온 진구(이태백 역)와 사사건건 부딪히는 라이벌로 치열한 경쟁을 통해 날선 대립각을 세울 것이 예고돼 관심이 집중되고 있다.

이에 ‘광고천재 이태백’의 제작사 ‘래몽래인’은 “애디 강은 조현재에게 딱 맞는 옷을 입은 듯 잘 어울리는 배역이라 생각한다. 냉철하면서도 지적인 카리스마를 가진 애디 강을 조현재가 잘 소화해주리라 기대하고 있다”고 전했다.
http://etv.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10002058881
Here is my rough English translation: http://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/jo-hyun-jae-joins-the-cast-of-kbs-drama-advertising-genius-lee-tae-bak/

Jo Hyun-jae’s new drama, Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek

Oh, finally a reason to perk up about new KBS drama Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek! Yes, I am completely aware that this is motivated by nothing more than shallow reasons. And your point is…?

Jo Hyun-jae is one of the last (or perhaps THE last) main cast member to be added to Ad Genius, playing a likely rival to our hero in the Monday-Tuesday drama that sounds a lot like Baker Bachelor Ad King — in that the drama is really a success story celebrating hard work, contrary to the “genius” in the title.

Calling him a genius might lead to expectations of a rich, brilliant hero to whom success comes easily, but thankfully the story focuses on a more interesting characterization of Lee Tae-baek (Jin Gu), painting him as the underdog who comes to Seoul from the sticks and climbs his way up the ad-world ranks through dint of his blood, sweat and tears. The heroine is Park Ha-sun, whom I love for her one-two punch of sweet sincerity and bulldoggish ferocity, while Han Chae-young plays to her glamorous, sophisticated image as a cool, pragmatic top ad executive.

Jo Hyun-jae sounds like he’s her perfect match, also playing a cold-hearted advertising exec… Oh wait. Only You reunion! I wonder if Jo Hyun-jae will have a romantic pairing with Han Chae-young again, although I suppose their roles are miles apart since this time she won’t be the plucky Candy that the chaebol heir loved and left (and knocked up!). Still, they were cute together in that drama which was all kinds of bleh otherwise, and I’d love to see them back in fictional love.

Jo’s character is a team leader at an ad firm and is named Andy Kang… and you know what that means: More excuses to bust out with “Kang-ah!” Yeah, it doesn’t quite work the same way when it’s his last name, but just try and stop me.

Ad Genius Lee Tae-baek takes over the Monday-Tuesday timeslot from School 2013, and premieres February 4. It’s a 16-episode drama — woohoo! And here I was worried that those were all but going extinct.

Credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/01/jo-hyun-jaes-new-drama-ad-genius-lee-tae-baek/#comment-813164

January 10, 2013
Sunhwa is Secret's first acting idol
Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net
201301100836392510_1.jpg
Secret's Sunhwa has been cast in the upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Lee Tae-baek" in the role of Lee So-ran who is the younger sister of Lee Tae-baek (Jin Goo) and a narrator model who dreams of becoming an actress. She talks a lot and is very nosy but has a lot of love for her family.
Sunhwa said, "I was nervous at the thought of it being my first acting project but I am going to learn a lot and feel a lot at the same time. Lee So-ran's character is the same as mine so I already feel friendly towards her".
Lemon Rain, the production responsible for "Lee Tae-baek" claims, "Sunhwa has a great deal of passion for the drama. She is very bright and happy most of the time and hopefully she can pull off the role of Lee So-ran well".
Meanwhile, based in the advertising business and the people that are passionate about the industry, this drama stars Jin Goo, Park Ha-seon, Han Chae-young, Ko Chang-seok and more.
"Lee Tae-baek" is directed by Park Gi-ho from "My Husband Got a Family" and is to be aired in February after "School 2013".
Dal Shabet Ah Young to star in "Lee Tae-baek"
Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net
201301100759232510_1.jpg
Dal Shabet's Ah Young is starring in her first actual drama.
She has been cast for a role in the upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Lee Tae-baek".
Based in the advertising business and the people that are passionate about the industry, this drama stars Jin Goo, Park Ha-seon, Han Chae-young, Ko Chang-seok and more.
Ah Young is going to take on the role of Gong Seon-hye, who is in charge of printings, accounting, and assisting in the company GRC run by Ma Jin-ga (Ko Chang-seok).
Ah Young is going to use lots of internet slang and dress in a characterized way and call herself 'the hulk'. Although always quarrelling with Ma Jin-ga, she is going to add life to the overall feeling.
Ah Young says, "This is my first actual drama so I am very nervous but I am learning from the seniors. I hope I do well".
Meanwhile, Dal Shabet's mini album "Have It Or Not" has completed promoting and for the time being the members will focus on their individual activities.

@Felicia Soh, thanks for the warm welcome.
From the news reports about JHJ's casting in this drama, Park Gi Ho is mentioned as both director and producer.  
This is from Storm S official FB page:
397604_478290482217964_981525615_n.jpg

조현재씨가 2월 4일 방송예정인 KBS 드라마 [광고천재 이태백]의 광고 기획 전문가 ‘애디 강 (강민호)’ 배역으로 캐스팅 되었습니다.

이에 조현재씨는 “광고현장에서 벌어지는 리얼하면서도 생동적인 소재에 매료 되었으며, 이번 작품을 통해서 시크하고 도시적인 캐릭터를 잘 살려 연기자 조현재의 또 다른 매력을 보여 드릴 수 있도록 최선을 다하겠다” 는 출연 소감을 밝혔는데요,

드라마 [광고천재 이태백]을 통해 조현재씨의 새로운 매력! 여러분들의 많은 기대와 관심 부탁 드립니다.

Jo Hyun Jae has been cast in the role of  advertising executive Eddie Kang in the KBS drama “Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek”. The drama is scheduled for broadcast on February 4.

JHJ said, “I was fascinated by the realistic and vivid aspects about the field of advertising. I will do my best to express such a chic and urbane character and try to show you another aspect of Jo Hyun Jae.”

Please keep your attention on latest developments about JHJ through the drama “Advertising Genius Lee Tae-Baek”.

I can't wait for this drama. It's been forever since I've watched anything with Han Chae Young in it. As for the idols, I think we should get used to it. There's a severe lack of actors and actresses in their younger 20s, so they have to cast idols for that age range. As long as they have minor roles, I'm fine. They have to start from somewhere, so make them start from the bottom. It only disgusts me when an idol gets a leading role without having any experience.

January 14, 2013
Jo Hyun Jae Cast As Antagonist In 'Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek'
by nettop01 KoreanDrama.com l Nate ++
IE001538918_STD.jpg
Actor Jo Hyun Jae has been cast in the drama ‘Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek’.
Portraying Eddie Kang, the head of the AE office in Geumsan Ad, he is an elite advertiser, having won numerous awards in prestigious competitions worldwide. A superb strategist and planner, he is a miracle-worker, reviving even the dead plans to be a success. He will be the main antagonist of the titular protagonist, portrayed by Jin Goo.
Advertising Genius Lee Tae Baek will premiere on February 4th, as the follow-up to ‘School 2013′.

January 15, 2013
[New Drama 'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek'] Actor Cho Hyun Jae Turns Into Shrewd Ad Exec
KBS Global
Actor Cho Hyun Jae has been cast in the new, upcoming drama on KBS titled “Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” as a cold and shrewd ad exec.
The new drama is expected to realistically portray what goes on in the advertising world where people are at war to create an advertisement that can appeal and attract people to buy certain products.
Cho has been showing off his romantic side through dramas like the “49 Days” on SBS, “Three Dads and One Mom” on KBS and “Love Letter” MBC. His appearance in “Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” is raising expectations for the drama among his fans.
1795_4807_l.jpg
Cho will play “Eddie Kang”, the team head of the AE division of Geumsan Advertisements. He’s described as an elite who has swept many medals at international ad contests. He’s a strategist who has the power to overcome obstacles, and among his peers, he’s called “the PT wizard”.   Cho will also be the fiercest rival to Jin Gu (who plays Lee Tae Baek) who has walked a totally different life path from him since birth.
The drama’s production company, Raemongraein, said “Eddie Kang is the perfect character for actor Cho Hyun Jae. He’s cold, but also has intelligent charisma. We’re expecting Cho to fit the role like a glove”. They added, “Cho’s addition to the cast creates a powerful lineup, with the intense rivalry between Jin Gu and Cho Hyun Jae expected to create the central force of tension on the drama. We hope the new drama will meet expectations of the audience”.
“Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” also stars Park Ha Sun, Han Chae Young, Go Chang Suk and Han Sun Hwa. The drama will premiere on Feb. 4th on KBS2TV.

@rubie, thanks for the latest post!  That is a lot clearer.
I know that this has nothing to do with the drama, but just want to share old photos of JHJ and HCY in their past projects together.... just 2 pictures... 

Most fans think "Ad Genius" is JHJ's and HCY's second collaboration, actually this will be the 3rd time they are working together.  The first one was in 2001 SBS drama "Father and Sons".  Here's a picture of the cast:
Father & Sons-14
And the second time when they did "Only You" in 2005...  they became parents to a cute little boy:
OY-1
I wonder if the 2 of them will have their love story too, or if they will be too hard-bitten professionals to fall in love with anyone.
@Felicia Soh, please let me know if it is not okay, then I will remove.  

Does anyone know what the term "PT wizard" means?  This is my first time to encounter such a term in a kdrama.  And I don't know anything about advertising so "PT wizard" is Greek to me.^^

@prissymom, thanks for constantly updating this thread.  I think it's OK to post past working relationship of actors involve in the current production - as for myself, I never knew they previously collaborated prior to "Only You".  Think these two actors will be very comfortable with each other. 

Can't wait for KBS to reveal the relationship chart.

I read on JHJ's DC that they did poster shoots today.  It seems Jin Gu posted a picture on his twitter account..  If anyone knows Jin Gu's twitter account, you guys might want to check it out.
@Felicia Soh, yup, JHJ and HCY will be very comfortable with each other.  They have been friends for many years now because they were in the same management agency before (Star J).  In a past interview JHJ said that HCY makes him feel comfortable, while HCY said that JHJ is like a brother to her..  
I am not sure about JHJ and Jin Gu.  They have mutual friends in Bae Soo Bin and Go Soo, so maybe they (JHJ and JG) had chances to get together too before this project.  
Anyway, I hope they have a good time filming. 
Update: 10:07 pm
here is the photo from Jin Gu from the poster shoot.... I don't recognize anyone... :D where is my JHJ?!?!?! :x582293_235993323202304_1347581252_n.jpg
cr: gall.dcinside.com/hyunjae
Update: 10:20 pm
Someone on JHJ's DC wrote that press conference might be on January 30.  Still to be confirmed. 

Thanks prissymom for the drama info and poster shoot update. I've checked Jin Goo's twitter but there's nothing new (it'll be awesome if he tweeted again), he hasn't updated anything since Dec 2010. or maybe there's a new twitter account apart from what's stated at his BH Ent. page.
It'll be great to follow the actors on twitter or FB if they're uploading pics from the drama. HCY has a weibo account if I'm not mistaken, hope Chinese fans can share with us any tidbits, too.

Archived