Slim Samsung Yp-p2

x_shirley

Guest sam sik

^ I tried that. I was installing and it froze and every time I turn it back on after I've reset it, it just goes back to trying to install the same firmware.

And with the scratches... I don't really think it affects it, but doesn't it come with a plastic sticky thing to cover the screen anyway? And your pocket can still scratch I've found, I needed to use a cover for it to prevent scratching.

Go to your Samsung Media Studio and FORMAT it.

if that doesn't work, see if you can replace or delete your firmware from your P2 directly.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically... Sorry I'm really not explaining this well.

I cant connect to any power source at all. When I try, it attempts to update the firmware. If I try connecting to the computer, it doesn't recognise the player. How would you replace/delete the firmware directly? I can't access anything at all, its pretty much stuck at the start up screen.

if you bricked your p2 just take it back to wherever you bought it from and say it doesnt work. i was trying to change the firmware on mine and it got stuck so i took it back to best buy and they gave me money back. but i just bought another one anyway.

and to convert videos go here and and follow the first post. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22711

try the p2 forum at anythingbutipod.com and at yjzone.net. these sites seem to have pretty good information

and to protect your p2, go to the best buys or frys around you area and look for the p2 crystal cases. they do a pretty good job at protecting the p2. better the case get scratched than your p2. p2 crystal cases aren't available everywhere so it might be hard to find them. i had to drive to a frys 45 minutes away to find one. they look like this.

at frys the crystal cases come taped onto the p2 box. so you might have to return your old p2 and buy a new one. but at best buy (if they have it), people at anythingbutipod and yjzone have been saying that the cases are just stacked up by the mp3 players and the workers say they are free.

and since the p2 crystal cases are clear they come in handy so you can make custom skins.

http://www.yjzone.net/showthread.php?t=1653

http://www.yjzone.net/showthread.php?t=1666

long post. sorry

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

k i have lots of questions! haha

has anyone had any problems updating the firmware?

i got an 8gb p2 over the wkend but im not sure if i want to keep it yet...

ive been reading that some people have problems updating their firmware

and sometimes their p2 just dies while updating, or transferring files, or doing something and it wont turn back on.

how easy is it to transfer music/videos? im a bit concerned about the whole converting thing. might be too much of a hassle?

also this is probably a stupid question but is UMS really better than MTP?

and how would i find out which one i'm using?

i upgraded my p2 to the korean ums firmware. to transfer music you can just drag and drop. the only time something happened was when i tried to go back to the US firmware before i returned it. it didnt work out that well but since i was returning it anyway, it didnt matter.

anyway, i know that with ums you can use your p2 on any computer. just drag and drop your music to the music folder, pictures to pictures folder. you can also use it as a flash drive to just hold whatever files you need to. i believe ums stands for 'universal mass storage', so yeah.

with mtp it will only work with a windows pc and i think you have to sync with windows media player. i think you might be able to just drag files to the music folder, but im not sure. so what is the real difference between ums and mtp in the player? i dont know.

and to find out if you have ums or mtp. i guess if you plug it into your computer and it says 'MTP device detected' in the corner by the clock, then you have mtp. for ums, on my computer, a window just pops up with a whole bunch of options

omg, how the hell did you get upgrade ur p2 to the korean ums firmware? i want that dictionary!!!

to upgrade to the korean 2.08 firmware, follow these instructions

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showp...amp;postcount=2

i would suggest you double check here just in case if those instructions aren't clear.

hope the upgrade goes smoothly!....and don't blame me if anything happens because i had no problems but other people have

if anyone can help me with this problem, i'd appreciate it!

my computer/samsung media player can't recognize the p2 when i connect it )=

it says "usb connected" on the p2 itself, and it's charging fine,

but the computer just doesn't recognize it, so i can't add files to it at the moment,

i transfered files a few days ago, and it worked fine =|

can anyone help? thaaaanks!

Guest mangchilo

kr 2.08 firmware

http://rapidshare.com/files/80860456/YP-P2_KR_2.08.zip.html

a new update should be coming out by the end of this month too

Thanks for the link, but for those of us who were interested largely in the dictionary, we're still kind of out of luck. The link to download the dictionary files given in the text file inside the .zip is also for a suspended account. =(

ok here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJZXBW52

download that file. its around 280 mb i think, mostly because of the dictionary. it has instructions, upgrade files, and the dictionary files.

about the dictionary, just copy that stuff into the 'dictionary' folder after you upgrade. it includes the pronunciation files, thats why its so big. they take up a good amount of space on your p2, so if you don't want them, just dont copy that folder. and the dictionary only says the english words because it was made for people trying to learn english.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

so im using kr 2.08 everything is working fine

im using mediacoder to convert my rmvb files to svi format.

but when i drag and drop onto my P2, it doesn't recognize it and wont play?

also when i drag and dropped wmv it would not play either

i had to use SMS, which then converted it to svi format...THEN it played

what am i supposed to do, when some of my files are already in svi format?

nevermind i solved my own problem lol

Guest mangchilo

ok here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJZXBW52

download that file. its around 280 mb i think, mostly because of the dictionary. it has instructions, upgrade files, and the dictionary files.

about the dictionary, just copy that stuff into the 'dictionary' folder after you upgrade. it includes the pronunciation files, thats why its so big. they take up a good amount of space on your p2, so if you don't want them, just dont copy that folder. and the dictionary only says the english words because it was made for people trying to learn english.

Awesome, thanks! :)

I got my p2 yesterday~ I freaking love it o.o

It's so sexyy<3

I updated to Bluewave 3.07 and I tried to zoom my videos but it wont work.

I'm not sure why it wont work since I transferred it with Samsung Studio5.

The zoom function wont show for my videos though x_x soo.. I have no clue what to do..

edit//

ah~ and how exactly would I go about putting .swf files onto my P2? :X

I downloaded a converter so I could turn it into an .avi file, but then it didn't have sound T.T

Sorry, I'm really clueless about these things ._.;

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

ok im pretty bad at these things too.

maybe its the settings that you're using for your files?

i had a similar problem where my video wouldnt play and it was only because my kbps setting was too high.

anyway if all else fails maybe you can try mediacoder, they have an extension specifically for the samsung p2...

sorry im no help :[

Archived