Slim Samsung Yp-p2

x_shirley

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i read a review and its says that the P2 is good but not that great and isnt good as the the standard itouch.

i do like its design though, do we get wireless headphones with it? if not where is a good place to buy some wireless headphones?

i read a review and its says that the P2 is good but not that great and isnt good as the the standard itouch.

i do like its design though, do we get wireless headphones with it? if not where is a good place to buy some wireless headphones?

I'm also interested in this review you read. The Touch is not better than the P2 if you look at the wifi ability, but that's about it. I've read about the screen issues of the Touch and it was bad from pictures I've seen. Besides all this, the products have just been released and have to wait for firmwares to be released. Samsung have planned 3 future firmware releases for this play as of now, first is coming in December. It will just make it much better.

Then again, it's rare to find reviews that aren't biased.

As for your wireless headphone question. The P2 will play with bluetooth A2DP headphones. They have expensive ranging from $50+, unless you find a great deal. There are also regular wireless headphones, but you would need to use the adapter that comes with it which would add some weight to the player.

The 8 GB versions has been out at Futureshop in Canada. That's the only place that has gotten the 8 GB. I'm kind of pissed off it's not released here yet, but at least I have time to save money.

The 8 GB versions has been out at Futureshop in Canada. That's the only place that has gotten the 8 GB. I'm kind of pissed off it's not released here yet, but at least I have time to save money.

BB Canada also has the 8GB version but only in black. I'm still waiting on the white version. Weird though... it says there is no voice recording on the website. Is it going to be in the new firmware update?

Amazon.com now has the Black 8GB version in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-YP-P2JCB-Por...1185&sr=8-1

@Jeffy: From my knowledge, voice recording will be activated in a later firmware upgrade.

Speaking of firmware upgrades, Samsung is preparing release its "Blue Wave" firmwares. So there's a lot to expect to be released for the P2 :]

From YJZone:

The 1st Wave will be released in Mid December 2007 and bring a technology called Hands-Free Profile which will enable you to make phone calls with your P2. How? Well, it uses its unique Bluetooth technology to connect to your mobile phone and make & receive calls this way - now you can leave your phone in your pocket. It will also bring something called Object Push Profile, which will allow you to exchange data or files with any Bluetooth enabled device, like a phone or laptop. In addition, the P2 will now support AAC music format, which will allow superior sound quality at low bitrates in small filesizes. Excellent!

The 2nd Wave will be released in Mid January 2008 upgrade the P2's GUI to EmoTure 1.5, which may include enhancements like smoother animations, bigger album arts, added glass effects...etc. You will also get 3 EmoTure based games fully utilizing the P2's touch screen, with more to come soon. FM Recording is also on the list, with DNSe 2.0 support while playing back your recorded files.

For the Korean market, there is also an Electronic Dictionary to be integrated (Korean <-> English & English <-> English), as well as a Seoul Metro Navigation System, with built-in maps and shortest route planning & calculation.

The 3rd Wave...well, according to Samsung, it will be 'Beyond your imagination' and will be out by Mid March 2008, taking into account user opinions & suggestions, so get your fingers crossed, the P2 is evolving and evolving more...

^ It was in stock for a little while, but looks like they sold out already...

Those 3 firmwares don't say anything about voice recording... I guess it's not a big deal for most of you, but I like the feature because I can record lectures and stuff.

By the way, has anyone seen all the P2 colors (red, white, black) in real life? Which color looks best in your opinion?

The voice recording feature should be in the December firmware update. Although it hasn't been mentioned anywhere. If not, just have a lot of people demand it.

Btw, I've read a lot around mp3 forums that YJzone steal info and make it seem like it's theres. For example, the unboxing when the P2 first came and etc. Other than what users post there. I go here for my yepp news: http://www.yeppyepp.net/

One more thing. Watch this video, it's a commercial of the bluetooth stereo speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-nmFNJbSQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwCy6u5RjI

The first one is charming, the other one is O.o?

Guest ayadaokin

the 8gb is in stock now on amazon

8gb samsung p2

thank you for that.

actually thank you for this thread! i'm glad i found it i'm looking into buying it.

i only keep finding the 4gig ones but i really want an 8, now i can get it :lol:

but im still debating on whether i want this mp3 or the zune.. i like the zune because

of the 30gb harddrive i can get but i really really like this. i'm content if i can get an

8gb.

that sticker looks amazing. if i get a samsung yp-p2, i definitely will look for the sticker

and others. i'm gonna go backtrack and find out more info on this now in the thread haha.

but i really do want to get it. it was really revolutionary to me because i was tired of seeing

all the ipod stuff and i really love samsung, it's a great brand, and when i found it i was like

'oh i want this' and i found its the same samsung that is really popular in korea and now i

REALLY want it! that means barely no one has it here yet, and plus it is new anywhos.

bottom line. it's amazing. so far to me, at least. all i need to do is buy it haha.

Guest iloveren

will this have wi-fi by any chance? with an upgraded firmware maybe in the future? gaahh i want to buy it.

it's either this.. or zune 2 maaaann i dunno

will this have wi-fi by any chance? with an upgraded firmware maybe in the future? gaahh i want to buy it.

it's either this.. or zune 2 maaaann i dunno

No wi-fi whatsoever. The wi-fi chip isn't even in the player.

so today i went to best buy and they finally have it on display. its smaller than i thought it'd be. but it's still pretty sleek and cool. and also! i got three free cases for the p2!!! the guy was like, "yea so those are free. you can take them all if you want" :) i got a orange, red, and blue one.

anyways, i'm planning on buying this on cyber monday. do you guys think the price will drop a bit on that day on amazon?

oh and the p2 is also going for 179 at best buy. i haven't seen a white one yet in stores.

Whaaaaat? O.o Are the cases the same as the one's in Korea?

I hope they got the cases near me too, and I'm guessing that the 4 GB is going for that price? That's a great deal right there right now. Amazon is participating on Black Friday and I doubt they'll have any good sales on Cyber Monday. I also doubt that this player will get any significant discounts since it was recently released.

I'm off to Best Buy tomorrow or Friday and hope they got the 8 GB like some people online have said.

Archived