Slim Samsung Yp-p2

x_shirley

Ahh I'm thinking of getting the mp3 player. Looks nice. I'm not buying an apple product after mine died >.> But this one has been catching my eye lately.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a white 4GB one at the Canadian BB for $149.99 + tax. They have a sale for $70 off. Normal price is $219.99 + tax.

Be back with impressions!

I saw the 4 GB at best buy yesterday. I was really hesitant to buy it because I wanted the 8 gb one. So I didn't buy it. =T But it looks so nice when I was trying it out.

Gahh I'm having problems playing videos on my P2..

I was able to watch 2 of my videos without any problems but then the rest of them were distorted and only played for a couple of seconds.. then it just skips to the next video and the same thing happens.. then the 2 original videos that worked before become distored too until I turn the player on & off again.

I've already tired updating the firmware but that was even worse because after I tried watching the videos (which were still messed up) the whole player froze and I had to push the reset button on the back of the player.

Any ideas on how to fix it? =\

I was able to watch 2 of my videos without any problems but then the rest of them were distorted and only played for a couple of seconds.. then it just skips to the next video and the same thing happens.. then the 2 original videos that worked before become distored too until I turn the player on & off again.

I've already tired updating the firmware but that was even worse because after I tried watching the videos (which were still messed up) the whole player froze and I had to push the reset button on the back of the player.

Exchange it. Not much help, but the only way I can think of. Just tell them videos aren't working well.

Guest lucky*13

Wow! This phone looks awesome.

I want to get rid of my LG Chocolate right now.

The Chocolate is not as good as it is described.

Without the USB to the Chocolate phone to put on music, it is totally useless.

Guest ruthie08

sori, its not a phone..its a mp3 player..

It's not a phone, but you can use it as one after the December firmware upgrade since your Chocolate also has bluetooth, just pair 'em up, but don't use it a lot.

Guest mangchilo

how does the sound quality compare to an ipods because i heard its not that great.

Actually, I've read and heard that the sound quality on the Samsung YP-P2 players is really good--better than iPod, especially the new iPod Classics. Sound quality is supposedly one of the strongest points of these players.

That happened once to me. I just deleted them and re-converted. Maybe something went wrong.

Guest ayadaokin

That happened once to me. I just deleted them and re-converted. Maybe something went wrong.

Actually, do you have a recommendation of a movie converter or something?

Most of my videos are .avi.. i wish this thing could support it x_x oh well i still want it haha.

i have a question..~

does this have multi-language support...?

like, can it view the song names in chinese and japanese and korean?

or only english?

i have a question..~

or only english?

Yeah I remember watching a review. and it has unicode support. I know it can view songs in Korean, so if it can in Korean. then most likely Chinese and Japanese.

Actually, do you have a recommendation of a movie converter or something?

Most of my videos are .avi.. i wish this thing could support it x_x oh well i still want it haha.

I just use the program that came with it: Samsung Media Studio. You just add the video files you want and then click the transfer button. Then go to advance settings and remember to set the FPS to 30 instead of the default 15, makes it a lot smoother.

i have a question..~

or only english?

Yes. You can also put the whole player's language to Korean, Japanese or Chinese.

^ i think it does. i remember one of the pictures from jeffy in his review thread (where is that thread anyway?) had a mandarin song and it showed the characters and stuff.

It's in the "Post your MP3 player" sticky. A mod moved it there. :P

Guest ayadaokin

I just use the program that came with it: Samsung Media Studio. You just add the video files you want and then click the transfer button. Then go to advance settings and remember to set the FPS to 30 instead of the default 15, makes it a lot smoother.

ah thanks for that too. i'll use that once i get it, and if i ever need it i'll use whatever dkyang sugested to me.

i figured samsung media studio had SOME sort of converter on it.

Archived