The HK Music Thread!!

Guest HKS457

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But his image got a tiny bit scratched when he got caught smoking pot or whatever it was. =/

he was caught with possesion of cocaine

I personally do not like him or his singing

and khalil is it? i haven't heard of him... yet.

anybody up for louis cheung? his first album is really good. slow r&b soul-ish... but i haven't heard much about him. he's probably underrated. :D

this is Khalil's blog if you want to take a look: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!PUyPRwqB...CA7KJ6OoraLCg--

I recommend, 南音, 春風吹, and 妹妹

edit: this is from his blog...it's off topic but I thought it was cute...I think his HK fans had a hard time understanding his Chinglish lol

sitting in a cha chan tang

waiting for my wa teen

my bo lo yau is very jang

still waiting for my wa teen

cold or hot that guy forgot

i'm waiting for my wa teen

he's bringing it he's getting close

oh no it's dong lai cha.........

I love Louis Cheng, I was obsessed with To Be or Not To Be for a long time

oh so her mum's half chinese?

what is her new name?

yeah Janice and Jill's mom is Sino-Korean and her dad is Filipino..I'm not sure how much Korean or Filipino(Tagalog??) they know though cuz Janice's Cantonese wasn't even that great when she first started singing

anyways, I was reading and Janice said she used to be fat when she was younger, but after she became famous she had to get really skinny, so now she's like 102 but her complany still wants her to lose weight, atleast 5 more lbs...under the 100lb mark =O

Kary went from 吳家穎 (Ng Ka Wing) to 吳雨霏 (Ng Yue Fei) I didn't know it was Kary until I actually saw her sing on TV

Guest boa_fan929

the thing about Justin's first album was, I think there was 2 songs with the same tune or intro? I don't know i kept noticing that since my mp3 player's messed and i've been listening to songs from his first album for a while now.

and You'll Shine Again's tune sounds EXACTLY like, I'm not a good person? i think that's the song.. or else i forgot which one it was.

isnt you'll shine again just an english version for one of his songs?

Guest x__simply lost

^I don't know.

i heard it and i thought it sounded familiar.

I'm not a nice guy is about.. the girl deserves someone who can treat her better and he's not that great of a person?

and you'll shine on again, is about some one watching over him/her. Like no matter what there are going to be better days and you can't let any one bring you down?

thats what I'm assuming. I read the lyrics for both songs and.. yeah that's what i intertupted. :blink:

Guest heartdrops

^ yes, it's supposed to be the english version for one of his songs. Got Niki's album haven't listened to it yet..

I love Louis Cheng, I was obsess with To Be or Not To Be for a long time

I used to listen to Louis Cheng when it was on tv but what made me laugh was that song 'Mad U So', that phrase just didn't made sense. :P

Guest ally.

Niki's album is .... :mellow:

It's not that great actually, she needs a lot of improvement. I'm not liking any of the tracks at all.

Actually, I just hope she just sticks to acting perhaps? Her singing in this album was very eh ... :vicx:

But there are sure some weird tracks in here. o_o

Guest ichigo_no_powder

anyways, I was reading and Janice said she used to be fat when she was younger, but after she became famous she had to get really skinny, so now she's like 102 but her complany still wants her to lose weight, atleast 5 more lbs...under the 100lb mark =O

ahhhh, just like fiona, I guess. Fiona's too skinny now, and her face is still chubby so it doesn't match her body

Guest Justalilodreamer

The lyrics in Janice's english songs sounds kind of...forced?? I dont know, but it sounds like the person was trying to hard to fit the lyrics into the song that it sounds a bit..weird. Not english-songs like? But i still like the song itself HAHAHA

i dont know what im trying to say. XDDD

Has anyone heard of Rachel Kar? I dont really know who she is, but i heard her songs on my sisters playlist and her voice is TERRIBLEEEEEEEE!!!

i dont know if its just me, but her voice is like :crazy::crazy: she goes too high and then goes too low. And she sounds like someone's pinching her nose :wacko: gahhhhh~!

Guest vannushka

OMG JUSTIN'S VOLAR...the intro..WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE?

my humps by black eye peas...i was playing it..then i didnt pay attention to what i was listening to..then i thought it sounded JUST like my humps..the intro..then the rest of the song was very similar to "yeah" by usher

ugh..niki's album was..not good..understatement there

ohh for people in australia..well syd/melb

JUSTIN. ALEX. WILFRED. STEPHY are coming for a concert.!!!

Guest heartdrops

niki's album is pretty boring/okay... there aren't any wow songs in there.

awww lucky australians. they would come to small states in the US!

Jill's album is finally out. Of to see how it is. I hope the rest of her songs doesn't have any silly rap.

listened to the second track so far.. it sounds like reggaeton.

Guest --Rain--

Hmm....... I think Funny Jealousy, Lost in Paradise, and Get Out are the only tracks that is worth listening to =/

The others are just blah.....and the last track they could just take that track out cuz it kind of stupid 0.o

Guest ally.

Jill's album is eh, okay. Hahah, Wordy Rappinghood is richard simmons. She is really an angry girl for singing these kinds of songs, or that's what it seems like. :)

Axel F is nothing.

Honestly, I only liked 3 songs, but the beats of the songs were kinda okay.

Lots of weird lyrics, especially the english parts.

Guest heartdrops

^ i like your banner set xD

Haha the Wordy Rappinghood is really weird o__o i wonder who thought of those ideas for her ^^

lol i want to listen to jill's album to laugh at the lyrics after listening to lonely.

lol, "My Saturday" from Jill... she said 925 (i think? or is my speakers playing tricks on me)... thats a bay area area code.

Guest x__simply lost

OMG JUSTIN'S VOLAR...the intro..WHAT DOES IT SOUND LIKE?

my humps by black eye peas...i was playing it..then i didnt pay attention to what i was listening to..then i thought it sounded JUST like my humps..the intro..then the rest of the song was very similar to "yeah" by usher

I found it to be scary at first...

any ways.. in an news article i read on another forum Alex Fong said he wanted to be part of cookies o_o; I think he was only joking when he said that, but if he was serious do you think he would of made a good addition to cookies?

But i really like Justin's latest album. The song Volar is pretty poppy makes my head move haha. Too be honest i think HK music these days are the same old boring ballads nothing new. There are only a few talented artist out there. I used to be a big big fan of canto music. But nowadays i hardly listen/watch HK stuff. Me bad ....

Guest --Rain--

But i really like Justin's latest album. The song Volar is pretty poppy makes my head move haha. Too be honest i think HK music these days are the same old boring ballads nothing new. There are only a few talented artist out there. I used to be a big big fan of canto music. But nowadays i hardly listen/watch HK stuff. Me bad ....

and this is why i switch to kpop ;]

Guest heartdrops

I found it to be scary at first...

any ways.. in an news article i read on another forum Alex Fong said he wanted to be part of cookies o_o; I think he was only joking when he said that, but if he was serious do you think he would of made a good addition to cookies?

he was only joking and i wouldn't like it if he was added into cookies. he'll be better developing alone.

Guest d.j smile

OMG!!! i LOVE all HK singers basically!!!!! i love edison chen, joey yung, jay chou, twins, hacken lee, nicholas tse is o.k..... i got many more that i can't think of @ the moment!!!!

Archived