Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest HKS457

The HK Music Thread!!

Guest KooZyAnn

^ i gave her that benefit of doubt...

BUT there are people out there who truly think edison is a good singer..i am not joking..i've met a few of those people myself

LOL are you serious?!

I used to like Edison because I thought he was so cute in Gen Y Cops..but then I heard his singing and that really turned me off. His personality was what really made me dislike him.

Anyway..I don't listen to HK music much anymore because I got tired of the new artists at the time (Twins, Juno, some other dude, and etc) and got bored so I moved on to kpop but when I do, I listen to Kelly Chen, Leon Lai, Aaron Kwok, Jackie Chan (lol), Teresa Teng, and this one Leo Ku medley that's like 10 minutes long.

Guest vannushka

^ the medley is longer than 10 mins..i think..but i like it too..has all the best songs in there..but it's kinda bias with way too many miriam songs

oh..guess what guys??? JANICE IS HAVING A CONCERT!!! 3-5 nights....

man..there are all many people out there who are willing to yell on the streets "edison is soo talented and sexy..i love him..he's acting rocks and his voice is soo good..i love his live performances"

Guest boa_fan929

^ugh. i no. so far we have:

Justin: 3 nights (Part I+Part II)

Soler: 1 night

Janice: 3-5 nights

mite as well get Ivana Wong to hold a concert too as she can sing songs she composed for ppl and songs that she sang.

i hate how all these new singers are all now holding concerts. holding a concert at hk coliseum is supposed to be a big deal where it would take like 3yrs to get to this goal. now ppl with like a yrs experience can now hold a concert there.

^dw 903 have a habit for giving out wacko awards for top 10 song..janice might have a chance..I STILL CANT GET OVER THEM GIVING JUNO AN AWARD FOR HIS HORRIBLE SONG

what do you guys think of hocc? i think shes great...underrated..i am glad she was recognised at the awards last year

that's like saying justin will be up against eason, hacken and leo...man sucks if that happens when justin is supported by leo...and a year and a half later justin is up against leo..i wonder how leo would feel LOL

personally, i hope hacken retires. he'll be just getting those awards which he doesnt really deserve.

im backing eason all the way unless leo makes a good album this year.

and has anyone seen the cover for justin's new album "no protection"? altho i no i shouldnt judge the physical part (its the songs that count) but it looks really bad. im surprised he can release 2 full albums in just 4 months.

Guest ally.

I find it ironic that you're the one to say

You like edison (I would assume) yet you found janice and justin disappointing? :rolleyes: They're more talented that edison will ever dream to be

somebody is biased :rolleyes::phew:

Oh wait, it must be edison's looks that made you a fan -_-

I'm not an Edison fan, just cause my banner & icon has a picture of him. O_o

Just cause I have pictures of the singers that can't actually sing, doesn't mean I support them or anything. I just like the picture of his, apparently. I had a banner of Janice & Charles, too. O_o

Please don't assume something about me that isn't even true.

Everyone has the ability to be talented in what they do, they just have to improve on it. But, sadly they aren't. I suggest you stop assuming pointless stuff about me, and start doin' something else. :rolleyes:

I have a banner of let's say, Fiona/Isabella. I'm a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fan of her. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Trust me, I can have a banner of any singer, and you can right on assume any piece of richard simmons about me; cause it's what you do, right?

I'm not tryna start anything, but you assumed a lot of things that aint true about me. & I'm just lettin' you know the truth.

Besides, I dropped all hopes on anyone on HK. There won't be anything spectacular. Once they reach a level of popularity, the singing ability, and the type of songs they sing, will just disappoints me.

These kinds of people irritate me the most. :rolleyes:

Guest lilogurl

*yawn* Seeing this thread, who wants to listen to HK music? Quit scaring people off. There are some great HK music out there and nobody tends to discuss about them. I would've listed my recent favorites, but...seems like it's always Janice this and Justin that and how overrated they are. High expectations or harsh critics or what? It's true once singers are popular they get sh*tted on regardless of their talents. Like I said, they're newcomers and people tend to improve with experiences. They both can sing. Regarding their music, it's preferences. Their music is popular so why stop there. Keep making them. Can't satisfy everybody.

Guest ally.

It's not always the satisfaction. It's either if the lyrics are sh*tty like EEG's, their singing ability, or the pathetic-ness of the song itself.

EEG would do anything for sh*tty lyrics just for the money. Justin's "A Song Per Day," was sh*tty lyrics. He has a great voice. It's not always about makin' them.

If you keep makin' them, with no progress, what's the difference with not makin' any? It's pathetic.

Guest heartdrops

I still listen to HK msic just not as much as usual. And I'm sure people like singers because of their own opinions even if other people say they suck. I will continue to like the music I listen to (:

^ugh. i no. so far we have:

Justin: 3 nights (Part I+Part II)

Soler: 1 night

Janice: 3-5 nights

mite as well get Ivana Wong to hold a concert too as she can sing songs she composed for ppl and songs that she sang.

i hate how all these new singers are all now holding concerts. holding a concert at hk coliseum is supposed to be a big deal where it would take like 3yrs to get to this goal. now ppl with like a yrs experience can now hold a concert there.

personally, i hope hacken retires. he'll be just getting those awards which he doesnt really deserve.

im backing eason all the way unless leo makes a good album this year.

i know!!! how come they can all get to have their own concerts? i mean, yeah i love Justin & Janice... but it's suppose to be SUPERS STARS on the stage, uggh not them.

hacken... i think he has already slowed down a bit? i hate him because of his album cover -cough-

gooooosh i'm soooo glad eason's back. finally there's something to see between male singers.

i hate to see that only joey & miriam are competing... i mean, it's like either one of them will be the 'best' anyway.

Guest xxflyingcookiez

Alex Fong =]

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

*yawn* Seeing this thread, who wants to listen to HK music? Quit scaring people off. There are some great HK music out there and nobody tends to discuss about them. I would've listed my recent favorites, but...seems like it's always Janice this and Justin that and how overrated they are. High expectations or harsh critics or what? It's true once singers are popular they get sh*tted on regardless of their talents. Like I said, they're newcomers and people tend to improve with experiences. They both can sing. Regarding their music, it's preferences. Their music is popular so why stop there. Keep making them. Can't satisfy everybody.

I agree.. this thread isnt a HongKong music thread anymore.. its more of a Bashing HongKong music.. :rolleyes:

Guest vannushka

^that's what I said before.

There IS talent but of course there will people who dislike an artist..simply for what music company they are in.

Actually the competetion between Miriam and Joey...there's HOCC in for the run as well.

Guest Justalilodreamer

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MUST BE HINS CHEUNG!!

i prefer him over justin (i personally dont like justin but i have to admit he have a good voice) His voice is awesome, and he can play the piano too =DD i love his voice...so soothing, it can go high too. Did anyone see that one performance where he went against Denise? i think it was a music award show (forgot) Even though he lost, he had the strongest voice among the other guys (well besides a few but yeah)

And another one of his live performance on Blessing was awesome. Not all of his songs are appealing (they're usually slow songs?) i guess thats why he's underrated. But my favorite songs are My way and Passing Rain. Most of his songs are piano songs -_- such good songs though haha

Guest ally.

^ That was him? Where there was a guy (I forgot who), & Denise, were screaming? It was guys against girls, right?

If so, I think that was TVB Anniversary thing. If not, then I have forgotten.

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ haha yea it was him XD

Guest Ramen-C

These are some Canto-Pop singers I listened to, there are a lot of good Mandarin singers who sometimes do songs in Cantonese but are considered Taiwan artists.

Aaron Kwok

Andy Lau

Anita Mui

Denise Ho

Faye Wong

Gigi Leung

Jacky Cheung

Joey Yung

Jordan Chan

Karen Mok

Kelly Chen

Kit Chen

Leon Lai

LMF

Miriam Yeung

Nicholas Tse

Leslie Cheung

Roman Tam

Sally Yeh

Sammi Cheng

Tarcy Su

Ronald Cheng

Twins

William So

thats a long list but yeah o like some of em

Guest lol11180919

I love Anthony Wong (Wong Yiu Ming), I guess most of you havent heard of him as he is kinda old. He debuted as Tat Ming Pair with Lau Yi Tat at 1985, and finally he came to solo.

His voice is just amazing! And he sings well. He used to be a good-looking guy, but he has aged now. Somehow he's a bit weird, that's his style.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

I agree.. this thread isnt a HongKong music thread anymore.. its more of a Bashing HongKong music.. :rolleyes:

yea!!! <_<

does hins really count? I mean he is from mainland and most of his work is in mandarin.

personally, i hope hacken retires.

yeah me too. he's getting old, he's getting married and has made enough money. he should just quit while he's ahead and relax.

Guest HKS457

well, ppl bash because they suck right? =]

Guest Justalilodreamer

well we're not really bashing...we're telling the truth ^_^

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

well, ppl bash because they suck right? =]

Well, one of the rules say no artist bashing, and if you guys want to bash certain artists or diss certain entertainment companies then make a new topic then, i mean this HK MUSIC THREAD.. is specifically for hongkong music lovers.. sorry if i offend anyone.. im not trying to but im just speaking the truth.. i mean you guys have your personal opinions but.. this thread isnt for it..