The HK Music Thread!!

Guest HKS457

Guest tally

Khalil Fong is definitely the Justin Lo of 2006

方大同-2006年度最佳新人男歌手 :)

I remember Justin didn't get a lot of coverage when he first came out...I remember I kept wondering who 侧田 was

off topic but this is Khalil's blog..he writes in English cuz he's from Hawaii

he's so cute http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!PUyPRwqB...CA7KJ6OoraLCg--

ooh really? it seemed like Justin was really popular once his song "Good Person" came out... but yeah...i hope Warner promotes Khalil full fledgedly, (is that a word?LOL)because he is so talented. he would be one of the life savers of the dying HK music industry. aside from being talented, his genre of music is relatively "fresh" in HK....meaning we don't hear too many R&B/Soul songs in HK, at least not on the maisntream level...

i didnt know he had another blog! he had a hompy, but he stopped updating after Chinese New Year's LOL!

http://hompy.netvigator.com/main/page/khalil

i would definitely like to see Khalil come out with a Cantonese album, being that he is currently focusing his career in Hong Kong. but yeah....

i recommend "Southern Breeze" track 08 on Khalil's "SoulBoy" Album! do check him out guys! i don't wanna compare him to jay chou or wang lee hom, but he is certainly as talented as the aforementioned.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boa_fan929

is there anything new from Eason Chan? I know Joey has changed her image... i still watch her old concert but i don't really want to see a sexy Joey now....

Eason - "Life Continues" (EP)

Joey - "Ten Most Wanted"

Guest hysteric0312

what do you guys think of stephy's new album?? Personally, I like her old album more. In this album, I'm ok with 3 of the songs and the rest I deleted.

same ><

十分愛 /w 方力申 didn't sound all that nice

i only like 被遺棄的公主 + 占星術 + her solo 十分愛

Guest Justalilodreamer

have any of you guys seen Deep's Now here MV (i THINK it was now here not sure)

but people were complaining about how he copied Bi/Rain hahaa...i thought that was funny >o<

his voice is not bad ^^

ooh really? it seemed like Justin was really popular once his song "Good Person" came out... but yeah...i hope Warner promotes Khalil full fledgedly, (is that a word?LOL)because he is so talented. he would be one of the life savers of the dying HK music industry. aside from being talented, his genre of music is relatively "fresh" in HK....meaning we don't hear too many R&B/Soul songs in HK, at least not on the maisntream level...

i didnt know he had another blog! he had a hompy, but he stopped updating after Chinese New Year's LOL!

http://hompy.netvigator.com/main/page/khalil

i would definitely like to see Khalil come out with a Cantonese album, being that he is currently focusing his career in Hong Kong. but yeah....

i recommend "Southern Breeze" track 08 on Khalil's "SoulBoy" Album! do check him out guys! i don't wanna compare him to jay chou or wang lee hom, but he is certainly as talented as the aforementioned.

what I meant was he was like the faceless singer

you keep hearing his songs but the media didn't swarm over him, same with Janice when she started singing covers of Leon's songs, everybody kept wondering who she was

then after a lot of publicity from the songs, they started coming out

anyways, I think think a lot more talented/capable of singing new artists that are out now (Soler, Justin Lo, Janice, Khalil etc...), I hope their albums sell well

whereas before, we had Deep Ng, Isabella, Yumiko etc... (no offense to those who are a fan of them...but they can't really sing, esp Yumiko's raspy voice) as newcomers =S...I think they only reason why they're still in the industry is because the shallow HK public finds them pretty/handsome (damn their shallowness..I read in a magazine this skincare company chose Isabella to help them promote their product because she looked like an angel and another magazine claimed Yumiko to be sexy and Deep to be HK's Bi...kill me noww O_O ) and they have commercials to fuel their income

Guest boa_fan929

^no, they're still only in this industry cos they're all part of eeg, which signed them like 10yr+contracts. if they weren't in eeg, they either wouldnt be signed in the 1st place, or they would've been dropped by their company now...

Guest vannushka

i know people would disagree..but deep is quite talented...i've seen that mv you guys are talking about..okay it was SIMILIAR to bi's..but there are many people before that who danced in the rain with a hat on..i thought deep's song was very catchy..and i LOVE bi..but seriously..he's not god and not everyone copies him

i REALLY liked stephy's previous album..i liked songs like..black and white photo and shoes..or heels or whatever it's called...but her new album didn't have any WOW songs yet..i think i need to listen to it more

ahh easonnnn <333 what do you guys think of his single?

at first i didnt like joey's new album much..but i like it a lot more after playing it...my favourite tracks are "last juliet" and "crying" and "modern times" is quite nice...."snow baring ground" is something new and different from joey

Guest ladyzfingers

i like SAMMI CHENG

i'm looking for a members from Hong Kong

or maybe someone's which is not from HK could help me

i'm looking for a "SAMMI CHENG" songs from ost "Fighting for love" movies

which she's starring with Tony Leung chi wai

we have Sammi fans here ,isn't it?

or maybe someone's here have a collections of her songs?

but i dunno the title of the songs..

its kinda sad love songs which sings by sammi herself

its the background songs when Tony says sorry to Sammi over the phone

about their relationship

its hard for me to find it coz i dunno the title

and i cant read in chinese too

but i've heard maybe the title is "Doctor & I"

is it true?

where i can d/load the songs?

hope someone's can help me

thanks!

Guest strawberrynkiwi

um.. hk music industry. i have got lots to say. i think more than half of hk singers are more based on "looks" than talent/skills in acting & singing. in hk once you become a singer, you will probably get to act. once you become an actor/actress, then you will probably get a chance to have your own album. my theory: as long as you got someone behind you (MONEY) then you can get famous in hk. (ie. juno) i respect many singers in hk and i am into the whole teen idol thing, but some "singers" just leave me very puzzled. (nikki chow) thinking that if i lose some weight, get a cool hair cut. i can be an idol too =P

just my opinion^^

joey yung (totally based on skills. she is great live. i would love to go to her concert. but she coming out with WAY too many songs. all about lovey dovey stuff. starting to sound all the same)

ping pung (kary can sing. but she is not the most attractive)

hacken lee (he is getting old lol. but i love his songs)

leo ku (new idol. he isn't the best. but right now he is)

eason chan (i remember when he first came out. i could have never pictured him to be so ugly. no offence. he is a great singer. love his new album and his daughter is so cute) i want to go to his concert in toronto >3<

justin (i dunno. he is good, but not WOW great.)

janice (i think she is good, but i don't like her english songs much. crappy lyrics)

twins & boyz (100% based on looks. twins i give propz for working hard to get where they are, but no matter what talent and skills-wise. they improved but not the best)

stephy (haha her last album, IMO she didn't have enough songs. therefore need to change the lyrics. she is based on looks too.)

alex fong (he swims, so shouldn't he have lots of air. he sure doesn't show it when he sings) my dad meet him before, he said he really isn't that great.

ronald cheng (not good looking at all, but amazing voice)

sammi (sigh i miss her she was great. she is getting old though. but i still love her. i love her music back then)

yea those are just some of the singers i can think on the top of my head

Guest vannushka

^leo isn't new...he has been out for over a decade..he wasn't very popular until paco really promoted him..it makes me sad when people think leo is new

i didnt know alex was a swimmer until awhile later...i think he's quite cute as well..his duets with stephy are nice..i am not too fond of his songs though...excpet that abc song or whatever it's called

Guest boa_fan929

my theory: as long as you got someone behind you (MONEY) then you can get famous in hk. (ie. juno)

well it depends on the definition of 'famous'. i wouldnt call juno 'famous', hes just out there thats all.

i know people would disagree..but deep is quite talented...

yeah. didnt he win some eeg new talent singing competition or something. hes one of the more talented ones in that company.

ahh easonnnn <333 what do you guys think of his single?

which song?

Guest strawberrynkiwi

^leo isn't new...he has been out for over a decade..he wasn't very popular until paco really promoted him..it makes me sad when people think leo is new

i didnt know alex was a swimmer until awhile later...i think he's quite cute as well..his duets with stephy are nice..i am not too fond of his songs though...excpet that abc song or whatever it's called

ohh word that wrong. new "popular". he has improved and he isn't bad, so he totally deserved it. when he won best male singer, he cried & i cried too. his speech was so touching.

yea alex and stephy's songs are like classic duets. love them.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

^ I love their duets too! They're so much better than that duet he had with Theresa. What did he say in the speech??

read in a magazine this skincare company chose Isabella to help them promote their product because she looked like an angel

AHAHAHAHA angel of what??

excpet that abc song or whatever it's called

ABC君 ^^

i REALLY liked stephy's previous album..i liked songs like..black and white photo and shoes..or heels or whatever it's called...

haha, it's blue shoes (藍鞋子)

Guest x__simply lost

Eh, I always thought the new commers from EEG aren't that talented. They're just there for the looks.

Majority of their acting sucks. I didn't like Charlene Choi performance in "A Chinese Tall Tale" i thought it was just too fake. I wasn't really drawn in by her performance but i guess i was drawn in by Nic tse's silliness.

But is it just me or, Eason's songs doesn't sound as good as they used to? I don't know if "Met you" was one of his newer songs,but i didn't really like that one.

---

any ways did any one listen to Justin- No protection? I perfered his first cd over "no protection". yes he was experimenting with things, but i only liked few songs off no protection. Volar, the beat and part of the lyrics sounds familar.

Guest HKS457

^ thats why usually sequeal arnt just as good as their first one

ya, i known of him as back as when he sang for a vita soy milk commerical. the song he sang was called 友共情

Guest kkkkk

But is it just me or, Eason's songs doesn't sound as good as they used to? I don't know if "Met you" was one of his newer songs,but i didn't really like that one.

thats old! from last year's U87, and one of the two mando tracks.

he has a ep out. a few songs like 'the best bad friend', 'person-car recollection'(smth like that) and of course 'falling flower flowing water' and a track he wrote for his daughter. (its very sweet and short)

check these tracks out.

Archived