[Sitcom 2006] Soulmate 소울메이트

Guest yeohweping

I did not like this drama when I first watched it because the love story between the two main characters took ages to actually start but the song "C'mon through" hooked me. Because of that song I'm HOOKED to this drama and LOVE it now!! It's amazing how ONE song can either kill or help a drama.

This is a absolutely beautiful and breathtaking drama.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest franchosa

This drama is good! I just love it! --> the music, the story, the dialogue.

Does anyone know if there are any subtitles for the Soulmate special?

This drama was great! and i was hoping for season 2!!! achk! is there a way how we can make them do season 2? i totally love the OST and this drama. i was hoping soooo bad to watch it! ugh... i don't get to see it on tv. so i have to watch it online only. and those that do watch it, don't always watch it on t.v.... *sigh* i realllyyyyyy want a season 2!!!! ahhaha.. i guess there's no way they'll do season 2.... :(

Guest --infatuated.

This is one of the kdramas that I actually finished! I thought the relationship between dongwook & what'sheruglyface's name was pretty long and draggy but I stuck through it and I'm glaad. <3ed it! And I especially loved the soundtrack. The songs were awesome! c'monthrough by lasse lindh is AWESOME and I always wanted that song to pop up.

Is there going to be a second season???? And does anyone know when it's going to come out?

Guest twangster

does anyone have the quotes that are at the end of each or most of the episodes? if you could post it up and it would be awesome if it was in hangul. thanks in advance!

Seriously, that C'Mon Through Song...got me hooked. Really, honestly! i was just looking for music, and then...i found C'mon Through...and clips of the show was on it...and oh lordy, cuteness....i want! lol

that's for the upload links and to WITH S2 for the subs!

Guest blue.berrii

Too bad its not getting a second season. This was/is probably my all time favourite kdrama. But the ending was pretty fulfilling as it was, not what i expected but still pretty good. I'm still hoping for a second season. Maybe next year who knows, but if i ends like this its fine too.

For those of us hoping for a miracle on the second season, there might just be one. Our dear friend cmwla from veoh had this to say........

"Soulmate 2! some good news. guys, I wrote the people over at MBC and they replied promptly:

"Thank you for your compliment on MBC's SOULMATE. Your email's being a lot help to promote this program. I am working in the business department where we sell our contents worldwide. Because sit-coms are not the big selling content, and because the charaters in SOULMATE are not the 'well-known' ones in Asia or in other countries, that this 'good' program did not mark the bug sale. But being encouraged by your email, I might try once more to try to introduce SOUlMATE again to more viewers worldwide.

I will also forward your email to the producer to encourage him to fight for the time block for 'season 2'.!! ^^

Thank you!!

Haewon Chin

International Business Division

MBC"

(contâd from above) So, if we could write them to show that there are a lot of fans out there (cause the ones who donât live in Korea havenât been counted in the ratings) it might encourage them to have the second season. and if we could all spread the word so that other people will watch the show when they reintroduce it, it would really help a lot. So we can all enjoy this show once again.

And it definitely pays to write!

here's the site with all their email contacts. just cc all of them, that's what I did.

http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/biz_main.asp"

Lets support our dear friend and have everyone write to them, who knows it may just happen.

Guest Naoise

I just found this highly underrated drama and absolutely love it! It is a pity this drama is so underrated, because this drama is such a gem. It is one of my fave kdramas ever. I am so glad I discovered this drama. I finished watching this drama in two days. I really like the fresh concept of Soulmate, the non-linear storytelling, the humors and the soundtracks are so awesome! And it also helps that SDW is an absolute hottie hahaha. I am so hooked on the C'mon Through song now, just keep playing it on my player.

Blueseeker, thanks for the links, I am going to write to them. This show so deserves a second season! I want to see more of Shin Dong Wook and Lee Soo Kyung!!

Last but definetely not least, I want to thank the WITHS2 subbing team for subbing this drama. Thank you guys!

Guest mewific

how true. this sitcom is soooo underrated. :( it's unique, funny, and absolutely wonderful! made me think twice about the whole "soulmate" mumbo jumbo.

im not kidding when i say that this is probably the best one so far. i love it!!! i stopped watching other dramas for some time after watching this because it's sooo good. i sincerely hope that there will be a second season! soulmate rocks!

Guest Naoise

Yeah we need more Soulmate! I was browsing around for season 2 news and unfortunately it didn't look too promising :( I am not holding my breath but I am still holding out hopes for some miracles that some mbc execs will hear our pleas.

You know the same thing happened to me, I was watching Coffee Prince but I just couldn't enjoy it thoroughly and I ended up rewatching Soulmate again and realized I missed quite some funny comments during my first viewing :D Argh I so love this drama :lol: My hearts just couldn't help fluttering whenever there're scenes of SDW and LSK passing each other ignorantly.

Guest mewific

Truly, nothing comes close after watching soulmate. :) It's unique, funny, romantic, and is just PERFECT! I hope they reconsider having a second season. It's such a wonderful sitcom that's incredibly under-rated. Argh!

any info on the OST for soulmate...the music is just so awesome...i totally agree... the music really helps make the drama what it is. i'd really like to dl the OST...can anybody help us late soulmate watchers out?

Guest Naoise

There is also 600Mb+ archive of the soundtracks in credeisca clubbox: http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

^That archive has 100+ songs in it. The only song missing that I noticed is the "Oh My Love" song by John Lennon.

I am rewatching the drama, I am trying to figure out why SDW was finally able to say I love you to YuJin after he helped posing as LSK's boyfriend? Seeing LSK's tears moved him and helped him realize what love means? What do you think?

thanks to javabeans, i started watching...and couldn't stop...so i pulled all nighters and finished the series in 2 days...man it was sooo good....hehehe...so funny and very, very refreshing. i do agree very much like "sex and the city"...gosh so many rules/ principles to dating...just hilarious...the guy's version and the girl's version.

while i was watching i kept thinking man, i'm just like Yu Jin...totally clueless and lost...if i had a roommate like her...i'd be so confused...and with a player like SDW...i'd be putty in his hands. i agree with some people in that the lead actress wasn't all that great...i mean yes i liked her and did end up rooting for her and SDW...but i really felt at a lost for Yu-Jin...this is where i think the writers did a big writing no-no...this is my only criticism...i think they really established a pretty strong relationship for Yu-Jin and SDW...and it really looked like SDW had fallen for her ( i mean SDW's character even admitted that he did love her). i mean i really thought the writers were gonna keep SDW's character at a distance...like he was a player and this was not love...i guess i thought they were just gonna have him toy with her...and i don't know what it was...but i felt like they were coping out when all of a sudden toward the end, Yu-Jin was at fault too b/c she was moving too fast...oh well...i guess i have a soft spot for the "third wheel"...in the love triangles...i don't know i guess i just have to accept that others can get hurt when someone finds their soulmate...cruel, but true? well, i guess i still feel for Yu-Jin, i mean Su-yeong did to her what Min-ae did to her. and then Su-yeong pitied Yu-Jin by saying sorry just like Min-ae did to her...man...oh well i guess the writers could have handled that better...in what way? i really don't know...

but on a happier not...gosh i just discovered SDW...i SO AGREE, SDW is such a hottie. at first the long hair bothered me...but then i saw his face...so cute...yes very baby faced...and the smile...ah it kills me...gosh...gotta see what else he is in...ah...SDW...ah "new face" to drool over...hehehe

Watched this series a while back from javabeans' recommendation too. From what I recall I did not sense any conflict about SDW's declaration of love for Yu Jin and his later deciding to leave her for SY.

When SDW decided to go with YJ he did not believe or perhaps gave up on the idea of there being a soulmate meant for each person and decided to go with pragmatic love as after all YJ is a nice and lovable girl and he appreciated her sincerity and how she stood up quite well with all his games and how she showed her devotion to him and he could not bear to hurt her further. However, he realised that SY is his soulmate after eventually meeting and knowing SY later and I think he wisely thought that going on with YJ for pragmatic reasons rather than true love would not be fair to YJ or himself, as he truly believed that YJ deserved better.

Then again, this is from a guy's point of view so your views may differ.

Also hoping for a second season but does not seem likely as I recently read somewhere (Popseoul ?) that the PD will be involved in another project which means that Soulmate 2 will be put on the shelf.

Archived