[Sitcom 2006] Soulmate 소울메이트

Guest yeohweping

about the alternate ending...

i DONT think the alternate ending posted in youtube is the one originally planned but only the supposed PLAN B for the ending. maybe they just cut this "alternate ending" from the original shots" in case they decided not to have a season 2 just so the ending would be more meaningful..

i think soulmate was really meant to have two seasons and that the continuation is supposed to be shot in japan...

if u recall, SOO KYOONG's fantasy of a perfect proposal is one that is done in front of a CASTLE and with some foreigners singing.. has anyone realized that this might be another one of her premonitions? come to think of it, there's a DISNEYWORLD in japan...

this is just wishful thinking...

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, if you guys keep this up, I will end up rewatch the whole series again and watch out for the OST. As you guys all said the "C'mon Through" whenever it pops up in my ipod, it just melts me. Anyone recommend any songs like this, this is the exact type I'm looking for.

And maybe I'm weird here, I'm not really looking forward to the second series. Because I like how it hangs in the end like that, we know that they will meet. A little craving, I think, is neccessary for this sitcom to stay in our hearts.

Guest iceey_blu

i just finished the series in the past two days. im IN LOVE with it. it's a lot more refreshing than most of the dramas that koreans churn out, which have the same predictable plotline. i loved how they made it so much more untraditional and modern, but still maintained a strong romantic aspect to it (i find with western sitcoms like sex and the city, it doesn't stress this whole fate/true love etc kinda thing enuf) so this show was especially sweet to watch. the dialogue was funny at moments, and touching at others (especially the last fewepisodes) it was so moving i was crying so hard even though it wasn't really sad. i guess it was more bittersweet. and it kills me when to see the way he stares at her, it's so intense, like everything else around him has disappeared and the only person in the world is her.

im not TOO happy about the ending. i know it's supposed to lead into a season 2, but now that there ISN'T going to be a season 2, it makes me feel unsatisfied that it's not all neatly wrapped up. the alternate ending gives it a cleaner ending, more of a sense of a definite happy ending. but with the alternate ending, they made two of the best scenes from the last episode (the bus scene and the photographing scene) and cut them down to like 30 second clips that they just shoved into the end. i felt that those two scenes were significant in the development of their relationship and were really well executed in the show. but that's just my opinion. :P if it were up to me, i would've kept the original ending, but instead of having dong wook run off into the crowds, have like su gyeung like show up in the background as he's filming or something. or they run into each other in the intersection. hahaha

sigh. i pray they end up making a season two. :( this has to be one of the best dramas i've watched, ever.

plus the soundtrack was SUPERB. excellent music choices (even i approve altho i normally don't listen to that type of music) and great incorporation into the show/plotline.

I just started watching Soulmate (after hearing so much talk about it so I caved and bought a fansub DVD of it, which is very good quality btw). And I love the parts where SDW and SY cross path several times but never actually take notice of one another. It shows that our soulmate can be someone that we've walked past before and never really know that it's our soulmate. Very realistic in comparison to other Korean dramas where the main characters see each other and somewhat know that each other is "the one" or take instant notice of.

Guest ianna9720

I just finished watching the whole series. I had a marathon and finished everything in 3 days. I DL the whole series first before I started watching. IT WAS REFRESHING! :rolleyes: Of all the K dramas I watched, i only have only a few that warms my heart. Full House (my no. 1), Goong, Hello Miss and Soulmate. I have a question though. After the last episode, there was a line that said to watch out for the Season 2 of Soulmate. Is this true? Can anyone please confirm? Thanks....

Guest AzN_cHiC89

Does anyone have the romanization or translations to Words I Couldn't Say by J? I've been trying to find it but no one has it... <_< There hasn't been any dramas these past few months that has kept me interested, so I started rewatching Soulmate. I'm starting to remember how great it was and refreshing. Gosh I really wish there was a season two. Its also cool because I got my roommates addicted to the show now.. :P If anyone can help with the song it would be wonderful and thank you!

here are the lyrics in Korean

제이(J) - 사랑한다 말했잖아

단 한번이면 돼 내게 사랑이란 건

내 모든걸 다 줘도 나 조금도 아깝지 않아

수없이 나를 울린 사랑 나를 아프게 할 걸 알면서도

어리석은 나란 여잔 널 사랑해

너 하나 밖에 모르는데 너만 사랑한다 했는데

네가 내 마지막 이라고 난 그렇게 믿어 왔는데

사랑한다고 말했잖아 좋아한다고 했었잖아

그랬잖아 너 말했었잖아 모두 거짓이니

이제 와서 나를 떠나면 혼자 남은 난 어떡하라고

날 떠나지마 Baby please come back to me

습관처럼 했던 네 그 말 내사랑은 너 하나면 된다고

바보처럼 믿었었어 네 사랑을

너 하나밖에 모르는데 너만 사랑한다 했는데

네가 내 마지막이라고 난 그렇게 믿어 왔는데

사랑한다고 말했잖아 좋아한다고 했었잖아

그랬잖아 너 말했었잖아 모두 거짓이니

이제 와서 나를 떠나면 혼자 남은 난 어떡하라고

날 떠나지마 Baby please come back to me

그대가 잘 알잖아 내게 사랑은 단 하나란 걸

그대란 사람밖에 없단 걸

(그대) 나를 떠나가도 (그대) 나를 버린대도

내겐 오직 그대뿐인걸

우린 정말 행복했는데 우린 정말 사랑했는데

두 번 다신 널 볼 수 없다는 그 말은 하지마

아무리 널 미워 해봐도 어쩔 수 없는 여자인가 봐

사랑 때문에 자꾸 눈물이 흘러

이젠 소용 없는 말 사랑해

Guest serenaxoxo

Does anyone knows how many episodes Soulmate exactly has? issit 12?

cos i saw uploads of tis sitcom beyond 12 episodes...

some uploads even have 20+ episodes.

ah confused...

The series is a total of 12 hours but each episode is only half an hour long. Each hour has two episodes.

I just saw someone posted up a special episode with bloopers and such from Soulmate! I hope someone subs it. =) *crosses fingers*

Guest bichittybich

i think im going to have to watch this sitcom again. there is nothing out there as good as this. im still holding out for a second season.

btw i hated the alternate ending. the origional ending was so good. i loved the way it allowed us to draw our own conclusion but i still wish for season two

Hello

I'm looking for the song "Don't turn away" by Peking Laundry. This song is so beautifull and romantic, I want to listen it all day :)

Please help, it's not in the OSTs :(

Thanks

tis drama is really good..

i still think tat the original ending is better than the proposed alternate one, since it allows for individual interpretations.

the proposed ending is perhaps too typical of a drama.

ah.. anw, does anyone think tat Soo-kyung looks like Stephanie frm csjh?

she oso looks abit like Han Eun Jung frm Full House.

I've just started watching this and was going to wait before I posted but I just gotta say WOW!!! This drama seems so good. I hope I'm not in for a disappointment (didn't read anything yet cause I don't wanna spoil it)...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thosaid

my favorite drama now...

like everyone else i stumbled on it on mysoju after searching and searching for an interesting drama to watch.

at first i was NOT going to watch it because of min ae's first appearance... i was just like... those eyes... that nose... that mouth... so... bleah. and especially since her characters the "sexy" one... i just thought they couldve done better. and ryohei's stiff acting was a bit of a turn off too.

but as soon as i saw dong wook... i decided to STAY. and i didnt regret it!!! min ae grew on me eventually. her stare is indeed powerful. and ryohei does have a smile that makes up for everything.

i watched ALL of it straight. from 7pm-8 30am... hahaha. no sleep or anything. thats just how good it was.

Guest thosaid

For those of us hoping for a miracle on the second season, there might just be one. Our dear friend cmwla from veoh had this to say........

"Soulmate 2! some good news. guys, I wrote the people over at MBC and they replied promptly:

"Thank you for your compliment on MBC's SOULMATE. Your email's being a lot help to promote this program. I am working in the business department where we sell our contents worldwide. Because sit-coms are not the big selling content, and because the charaters in SOULMATE are not the 'well-known' ones in Asia or in other countries, that this 'good' program did not mark the bug sale. But being encouraged by your email, I might try once more to try to introduce SOUlMATE again to more viewers worldwide.

I will also forward your email to the producer to encourage him to fight for the time block for 'season 2'.!! ^^

Thank you!!

Haewon Chin

International Business Division

MBC"

(contâ€d from above) So, if we could write them to show that there are a lot of fans out there (cause the ones who donâ€t live in Korea havenâ€t been counted in the ratings) it might encourage them to have the second season. and if we could all spread the word so that other people will watch the show when they reintroduce it, it would really help a lot. So we can all enjoy this show once again.

And it definitely pays to write!

here's the site with all their email contacts. just cc all of them, that's what I did.

http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/biz_main.asp"

Lets support our dear friend and have everyone write to them, who knows it may just happen.

OMG SO THERES HOPE! please everyone write to them so they can get the show on the air again!! T_T

Guest k3n4uri

I stumbled upon this drama this past week. I am not familiar with the stars of the drama but I really enjoyed watching it. I think Lee Soo Kyung and Shin Dong Wook looked cute together. It just too bad that they didn't have many scene together during the start of the show. Just like many of posters here, I wish for a season 2 too. I want to see how the love story of Soo Kyung and Dong Wook progress in the drama.

A bit OT...Do Koreans normally use the actors and actresses real names in their sitcoms???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xXsmilesXx

I just finished watching this drama

it was really good..am glad i finished it..when i got to ep.8

it got kinda boring && i didn't think i would finish but am glad i did..

now am really sad it's over..i wish that there will be a season 2 too..hehe

but any who...i love the little doggie Pil-sun...omg the dog was so adorable..lol

Guest snowprincess

"i am post Lee Jun-ki, the next Kang Dong Won, the second Jo In-sung, finally Jang Dong Gun" hahaha that line and the character is hilarious... :lol::lol::lol:

Archived