Hair Straightener Recommendations?

Guest harmonyLGS

Guest harmonyLGS

Hey guys, not sure if there's already a thread on this already, or if this topic belongs here, but I'm planning on buying a hair straightener (flat iron), and not sure what the best brands are. I heard that those with ceramic plates are less harmful for the hair?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how much are you willing to spend o.o;

i`ve heard CHI works rlly good

i use h2pro the pink one 8]

i think it works RLLY good :D

it heats up rlly quick too!

Guest Rekidai

get CHI =) but make sure you use hairtreatment solution before AND after you use the straightner. if you don't use the soultion you can damage your hair alot =X thats a tip for any hair straightner. anyways =) chi works the best though. i love it.

Guest iyeiluj

i have this straightener for my bday but they seel them at kiosks in the mall.. it's called "sunshine girl" or something....it works really well and cheaper than a chi...much cheaper...like 100 bucks...

Guest melona_ice

herstyler. they sell it at target for about $80. it straightens your hair but it makes your hair shiny and healthier too.

Guest flyaway

errr $50? there arent that many good ones for that price

i would rec a CHI. good investment imo. will do less damage to your hair!

Guest boatswain

^^

Get it from folica.com.

The only decent hair styler under 50 is Conair. I have alot of Conair hairstyling products (curling irons, etc) that cost around 20 and work decently well. I've never tried the straightener before so I can't tell you for sure but I would expect it to work decently too.

The main problem about buying a cheap/drugstore straightener is that 1) they don't give you that beautiful salon style hair 2) they damage your hair [my revlon gave me SO many split ends] and 3) they break easily [my revlon broke after about a month]. I'm going to invest money in a Chi next, which I've read reviews that say it's been like, 4 years, and it's still working great!

Guest haewon

i bought a straightener from a local drugstore[duane reade] for $30/35 and it works really well. the brand name is vidal sassoon. also i remember watching a program where it said vidal sassoon is a great alternative for those expensive straighteners that are $100+

Guest ly*chee

where would u go to buy them tho, chi or coriolis besides those online stores

Chi I believe is salons? x3

Coriolis I bought mine in the mall... they usually have stands with those girls going "would you like your hair straightened/curled?"

And you'll see their boxes with Coriolis on it :3

Guest its ann

I really like my Conair Ceramic Hair Straightener... It works really well, I can't afford a CHI yet but this one is pretty good.. I got it from Target for $14.99.. I saw this really cool hair straightener, i believe its called MaxiGlide or something haha looks cool.. but yeah i like Conair..OH YEAH I've been using mine for 1 year now.. still works good =]

Guest loveof

Chi would be the best investment.. it's really great~ heats up in about 1 min? maybe less. it's pricey but it would be a great purchase that will last long. ^_^

where would u go to buy them tho, chi or coriolis besides those online stores

You could find them at the mall, I see it all the time :)

I`ve personally haven`t tried the CHI, but heard it was good,

I`ve tried it before, they always straighten my hair after I get a haircut :)

plus I always see in the mall. It`ll be better to invest in something

that`s expensive and have it for a long time.

I have a straightener that`s worth 200 bucks :crazy:

But I didn`t buy it, my brother-in-law got it for free.

I wanted the CHI, but I`m really happy with mines.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soompifan99

Babyliss pro

or GHD straighteners

GHD is the BEST

if youre not from Australia, I dont know if you can buy them though

But if you want some info, http://www.ghdhair.com/

And theres like hair tips and styles and stuff and celebrity hair - Scarlett Johansson, Sienna Miller, Mischa Barton etc

Its pretty good

Archived