Hair Straightener Recommendations?

Guest harmonyLGS

Guest winter's serenade

Coriolis!! I bought mine at one of those mall stands, and I've had it for over a year and I love it. Mine was pretty pricy but I think its worth it, but my friend bought it on ebay for less than half the original price, so give ebay a try

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bigleechew

i'm not sure if i'm too late..

but i worked at a kiosk that sell straigthners

& the h2 pro is definately the best to work w/

everyone says chi is good..

BUT chi is around 375 degrees..

while h2pro is 450 range..

AND it can curl the hair :)

lol i change my hairstyle all the time..

and it takes me about 10 mins.

well.. yea at first it toko me awhile to do.. but

it takes practice :D

plus h2pro is newer than chi.. lot of salons use chi & h2pro

the prices are same as chi too..

100-180 dollars..

i have the one where it does damp-dry hair.. 1 inch straightenr..

whcih costed 150 dolalrs..

and i have a pink one.. whcih costed around 180 dolalrs. :)

both really good :D

o yea if u need any more questions.. you can ask me~

o btw.. if ur confused i'm a girl.. people mistake my username as a guy.. lol

Guest jpnoroe3

which hair straightner doesn't damage your hair? or at least has the least uhh damaging..effect? lol but at the same time a good straightner??

Guest Shadowchan

^ I would say a CHI straightener because it uses negative ions. Or something.

I personally use a CHI straightner. My hair was uber curly, as in it went into natural ringlets. But I invested in a CHI straightner and the first time I used it my hair was straightened in an hour. (And it gets quicker with practise.) Contrast this to that H20Pro thinger that my sister owned that took me four hours. Crazy I know. I really do envy you Asian girls and your beautiful straight hair. X/ But anyway, CHI is the best. My personal experience. And it leaves my hair feeling smooth and soft when before it was dry and frizzy.

Guest chow_mein

I swear GHD is a girl's best friend! Its fantastic but it can be abit pricey for some people. However, its worth it.

Guest bigleechew

o & also..

i may add..

chi doesn't have tourmaline....................*sp..?

in it & h2pro does..

they are the same prices too

so i would say go with the h2pro!!

don't listen to others!! lol

trust me~

HERE ARE PICTURES~

(i just want to help just in case u are really deciding to get one.. lol)

1straight.jpg

my hair straight with it

1curlss.jpg1curls.jpg

curled with it..

sorry if the pictures aren't good enough.

but yeah.. sorry i'm going crazy with this

hope u find out which straightener to get!!!!

Guest Lets_Be

i was going to get the GHD, but my stupid Maxiglide broke all of a sudden (actually, tried to use it in korea and like popped something).

But the GHD was too expensive since i need it like NOW, so i opted for the Chi. Got it on Ebay so it should be coming on Saturday (i love FedEx Ground).

I will post my review on it.

The Maxiglide worked really well on my hair, but that thing is so freakin bulky. Once my Chi breaks, I will get the GHD. :]

• 7 years later...
Guest flyingvisa
GHD hair straighteners are the stand-out brand when it comes to transforming waves and curls into poker-straight strands. But don't dismiss other brands - Coroliss and Cloud 9 hair straighteners are starting to make waves in the flat iron department and shouldn't be overlooked when deciding which hair straighteners are for you.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought Gurin hair straightener form amazon after reading reviews. Great flat iron. I'm a hairstylist and I love this flat iron. It works just as well, if not better, as my expensive flat irons. It gets very hot, and very quickly. I like almost everything about it, but I do wish it was a little thinner.

http://www.amazon.com/Gurin-Ceramic-Tourmaline-Straightener-Carrying/dp/B00ANW4LLY?keywords=Hair+Straightener

81kLMmw7ZtL._SL256_.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2007 at 0:23 AM, jpnoroe3 said:

which hair straightner doesn't damage your hair? or at least has the least uhh damaging..effect? lol but at the same time a good straightner??

I would suggest you look at Karmin's Salon Series styling iron. It has 100% ceramic plates and uses far infrared heating elements, 230 - 450 deg F, 1" or 1.5" plates, dual voltage and 3 year manufacturer's warranty. You must always apply a heat protectant before using heat styling tools, this will stop your hair from being damaged.

Oops sorry, just noticed it is an old post!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived