Hair Straightener Recommendations?

Guest harmonyLGS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2016 at 3:06 PM, Rugile Rarelyte said:

Have you heard about that new hair brush with heat which at the same time straightens your hair and brushes them?

Saw the Dafni on amazon, uk, and I was shocked to see that the price is £140, more expensive than my Karmin Salon Series straightener that comes with a 3 year manufacturers warranty but I couldn't see what the warranty was for the Dafni.

• 2 weeks later...

These electric brushes that straighten hair are considered the new generation of hair straighteners, easier to use than a flat iron and heat up to 450F while emitting negative ions in order to straighten hair in 8 to 10 seconds. Besides the expensive Dafni model, already mentioned here, several top branded versions are now available at a more affordable price from producers like Jose Eber, Calista Tools, and Instyler. Some are priced al low as $59, which I think is a fair price for a ceramic, digital, branded hair straightening brush. More details in this hair straightening brush guide. Important to remember that while they are very easy to use and produce fast results, they will not give the same poker straight hair as a straightening iron.

On 9/12/2016 at 8:11 AM, praneetharait said:

In India, most of the people are using Dafni Hair straightening ceramic brush. My friend has recently read about this Dafni Hair Straightening Ceramic Brush in StyleCraze website. She tried it and has seen better results. If you are interested, you may try it.

I looked but in the UK the price is around £132 (reduced on Amazon), more expensive than my Salon Series hair straightener, which incidentally also curls my pin straight Asian hair, so I have 2 tools in one.

Wow, that sounds cool! :) I think that I can try it some day ^_^
Anyway I tried a few iron straighteners, they were good but I didn't like the damage for my hair which appeared after the long using of them...:vicx: That's why I prefer to combine irons with gels like in this list  or another similiar products, http://machohairstyles.com/best-hair-gel-for-men/ it's better for the hair in general :)

Krieger-S%C3%B6hne-Premium-Styling-Hair-

14 hours ago, radiowave said:

Anyway I tried a few iron straighteners, they were good but I didn't like the damage for my hair which appeared after the long using of them...:vicx: That's why I prefer to combine irons with gels like in this list  or another similiar products, http://machohairstyles.com/best-hair-gel-for-men/ it's better for the hair in general :)

I use my Salon Series on average every 4 days after shampooing. I've been using my heat styling iron since 2014 but I always use a heat protectant - Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil applied to damp hair before blow drying and then heat styling and I do not suffer from any hair damage at all. I guess your hair gel works in a similar way.

15 hours ago, radiowave said:

Krieger-S%C3%B6hne-Premium-Styling-Hair-

Hey :) How do you combine those two? You use a gel and also an iron or? It seems interesting, I haven't tried using gels, I usually use some natural oils..

7 hours ago, angela11 said:

Hey :) How do you combine those two? You use a gel and also an iron or? It seems interesting, I haven't tried using gels, I usually use some natural oils..

What oils do you mean? :)
No, I use them separately, I just change the two of them till time to time, that helps to save my hair from possible damage ^_^ But you suggested an interesting idea, maybe I'll try to make such an experiment :)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 13/08/2007 at 5:34 PM, harmonyLGS said:

Hey guys, not sure if there's already a thread on this already, or if this topic belongs here, but I'm planning on buying a hair straightener (flat iron), and not sure what the best brands are. I heard that those with ceramic plates are less harmful for the hair?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I personally use the Karmin Salon Series hair straightener which allows me to smooth my hair & turn under the ends but I would look at their website as I think one of their flat irons is on special, - try searching Karmin titanium flat iron - hope this helps.

Archived