Uhm Tae Woong 엄태웅

uhmforce

Guest bonababy

Oh really? That's awesome! Thanks Prisci. :) (and btw, are you known as Priscilla now? Seems like you changed your sn)

Shirley~You hear that? Prisci uploaded the full 700mb avi version of 'Blue Skies of JeJu Island' in SandyC's cb. Now it is your chance to watch the full version and that WILD kiss scene, lol. :D

i really want to watch it too, but i dont know how to download it or use the CB. could anybody guide me? any help is appreciated.I'm Korean,so no speak,no read the language. thanks a lot.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bonababy

i really want to watch it too, but i dont know how to download it or use the CB. could anybody guide me? any help is appreciated.I'm Korean,so no speak,no read the language. thanks a lot.

correction to above post I'm not KOREAN, Thanks

Guest Priscilla

THE FOLLOWING ARE TRIVIAS ABOUT RESURRECTION. They were posted by DAHMI36 at the original RESURRECTION thread at soompi. So I re-posted this yesterday there, but I realized CREIDESCA already quoted many of DAHMI's posts right before I did. So I'm posting it here, and I'll go ahaed and EDIT the one at RESURRECTION THREAD...

WRITTEN Quotes by DAHMI36:

(These are from a Korean PANIC FAN living in KOREA!!!)

***dahmi36 wrote: (Jul 26 2005, 09:42 PM)

had some time to kill this morning,

ended up spending it in front of my computer..

and found.......a thread on resurrection on a international site!!!

isn't the drama just wonderful?..and UTW just unbelievable??

i ended up spending more than 2 hours reading your postings..had to see what you were all saying~..now i'm late for an appointment.. -_-

just a few comments on how RESURRECTION is being recieved in korea (yeap! i'm one of them koreans~..) since i'm sure you're all frustrated by the 9% ratings..and could use some good news..

i say this because i saw someone comment on there being no harsh critisisms on the series at least and taking some comfort in that :sweating:

not to worry~..far from being criticized, both the drama itself and UTW is getting unbelievable reviews from everywhere~

that the low ratings is the only thing left to be desired seems to be the agreed-upon opinion from everyone, the mass media journalists, pop culture critiques, on the viewer's forum at the official website there are over 600,000 postings as of last night..and that's far far more than KSS by the way..and the show is now admittedly the newest "mania-drama" boasting a loyal fanatical following..after the footsteps of DAMO and MISA..

as for our leading man UTW..he's getting rave reviews for his portrayal of haeun/shinhyuk..even the serious papers are saying "actor UTW-rediscovered~~"

people are referring to him as "UhmFORCE" - force like in "may the force be with you~~"?..in star wars?? :w00t: )..if you go into any of the leading portal sites and search Uhmforce you get UTW..isn't it hillarious?

congratulations to UTW on a tribute well deserved..

i'm really late and gotta run now..i'll be back..i'm sure i can't keep myself away~ :sweating:

***Fri Jul-29-05 09:56 PM by dahmi36

i've just finished watching episode 18..the series ends at epi 24 by the way..and i really think it deserves a spot not jst as one of the best of 2005 but of all time..

the script is amazingly sophisticated, absolutely waterproof..i heard that the writer has been working on this for 2 years and afte r watching 18 epiodes i believe it~..whatever you might imagineto come next as you watch the show, the plot gets woven out in ways not to be believed..i've heard it said even the actors and the staff, to whom this is "work" and normally isn't all that caught up by the story, can't wait to get their hands on the next script to see what might develop..

and vibfft~^^..

never fear that the series didn't get the attention it deserved because of Kimsamsoon..well, at least in korea^^it's getting unbelievably good reviews all around, the viewers and the criticsalike..the leading man Uhmtaewoong being talked of as a newly discovered major acting talent who might follow "in the trail of Seolkyungku and Songkhangho"..(he's been offered 6 movie parts since the series started, all as the star^^)..

it's just that KSS was a very well-made drama too in it's own way and much easier on one to jump in,relax, and enjoy..while with resurrection, it is impossible to understand the story if you don't start at epi 1..and every episode leaves you in a panic it gets SO~ intense^^

and..hey~..did you know that resurrection is far more popular in terms of VOD services than KSS?..the numbers were 500,000 views for resurrection and 300,000 for KSS i think on the night of KSS's final episode..(500,000views by the way gives resurrection the NO 2 spotout of all KBS program

i personally don't know how i'm going to wait it out for next 144 hours until episode 19..ㅠ.ㅠ..all this suspense is killing me..^^

Aug 17 2005, 09:49 PM ~ by "dahmi36"

some Resurrection trivia that you might find interesting..

- on how UTW got cast as the lead..

actually the part that they first offered him was that of Jung Jinwoo..

now..the Jung jinwoo's part in the show was quite large and important at that point before the actual shooting started, he was supposed to end up getting engaged to Eunha and be a major antagonist to Haeun/Khanghyuk in every way..

but the actor who was first offered the part of Haeun/Khanghyuk, Park Yongwoo, had some trouble with his film-shooting schedules and...

UTW KEPT SHOWING UP IN THE PRODUCER'S DREAMS WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING!!!

so the producer gave the part to UTW and held an open audition to cast Jung Jinwoo instead..but it seems both the PD and the writer decided Koh Juwon's acting was not quite up to par with what they first had in mind for UTW, so as the story goes on the part gets smaller and smaller..and now he has less lines than Detective Jhang..^^

- on the reaction on the KBS Resurrection Homepage freeboard..

the viewer's postings is expected to hit the the MILLION mark before noon today..

making Resurrection the second show ever to have a million+ board, the first being DAMO ("I'm sorry. I love you." also has more than a million postings but that came after the show ended I think..)

- do you know..the reason Choi Dongchan is in a wheelchair?..

it's not because of Park Sangchul's attack..

it's because the actor plunged 20 meters when he went on a hike in the middle of shooting for epi18 and ended up with a..not broken, but "shattered" leg.. :crazy:

he underwent a 5 hour operation on saturday, implanting a steel rod in his thigh, was back on the set thursday to go on shooting, all the while apologizing for causing so trouble and worrying that the quality of the show might somehow be compromised..

pretty amazing..! that's the kind of spirit that everybody involved with the show has shown I think..in making the show one of the best ever..

- a little treat for the crew..

people at the DC-Resurrection Gallery, an independent entertainment forum, had the idea of sending the crew of Resurrection a little treat..something to show their appreciation of the show?..and they ended up collecting around $1700 in less than 5hours..they had to close the account to stop more money from pouring in..

with the money they got together goodies for 90 people -Pizza, fried chicken, Dduck all wrapped personally with custom-made Resurrection stickers, also designed by the fans and with short messages from the fans..

and after carrying it all to the entrance of the KBS studio, they leave it all the entrance and PHONE the crew to get it..they didn't want to distract the actors and the crew by visiting the set personally..that was very touching..

the Resurrection team responded by filming the actors and the crew eating it all up and saying thank-you..and posting the film on the KBS homepage in the "Making Film" section..that was totally unexpected and gracious and, needless to say, made the fans very happy..

***Aug 30 2005, 08:13 PM ~ by Dahmi36

there is this korean "webzine".."Dramamob" is the name of it..it's a site dedicated solely to the reviewing of current dramas shown on prime time TV..

Resurrection was a darling of many of the writers on their team..and after the series ended they had an exclusive..and quite extensive.. interview with Parkchanhong, the director..a very interesting read..

I'll try to get you bits and pieces of it when I can..

one thing that caught my eye was the part where they asked him might not Resurrection have been a very different story if Jungjinwoo's part had been stronger..and he, who really gives the impression of enjoying the interview and gave long replies, kept his answer to the minimum..saying "that is something I regret"..period...

I guess the rumour was true..that the Resurrection team was not too happy with Kohjuwon's acting and as a result his part was dratically cut back from the original synopsis..which was, as I mentioned before, actually written with UTW in mind..

the oddest thing..his acting seemed to grow steadily worse throughout the show....while with Soyihyun and Kohmyunghwan you can really see them get better and better..to the point where even the most ardent fans of the show referred to him not by name but by his initials..and when you consider initializizing a way of using F-words amongst korean internet users and that the rest of the actors almost without exception were given the most affectionate nicknames..it all must have been quite disheartening to him..

I have this feeling if he had been cast in any other show he might not have been cast in such a harsh light but in Resurrection there were so many talented people on the cast he couldn't avoid standing out as the one who can't make it..and UTW was giving such an impressive performance KJW didn't have a chance up against him..

somtimes I wonder what the show would have been like with the original casting with UTW as Jungjinwoo? ..that would have been a lot more interesting I bet..<_<

anyway, I couldn't but feel sorry for him when, at the closing interview of the production he had nothing to say except congratulate UTW..saying Resurrection was HIS show..and then, himself APOLOGIZE for not acting well..not being able to do his part.. -_-

I heard he got the lead in a new daily..I think he made a wise choice..being on a daily is very different from being on a miniseries I think..less pressure and most of the time the parts not quite as demanding..and I hope it gives him the steady chance to improve on his acting..with his undeniably handsome face he'll have so many chances to grow into a star when he gets it done~~

this one from the studio recording of SHILMIDO..UTW's the one wearing the cap of course..

1125448466_feature_1862_L.jpg

Khang-shin-il, who plays Seo-jae-su in Resurrection was my favorite in Shilmido..such charisma..!

Ahn-sung-ghi, while shooting the movie, supposedly commented on UTW.."I have a hunch that THAT kid is gonna turn into a "real" actor.."..

he's on his way, I guess

***More by Dahmi36

I came across Creidesca lamenting about the lack of preview for epi 23..^^

there's a little story behind that too..and that is..

Resurrection is one drama whose making was completely free and independent from viewer influence..the viewers had complete trust in the writer and the pd and the atmosphere was pretty much.."do as you like..whatever you throw us we're ready to gobble it up "..

but there was one thing that the fans requested at the end of epi22 and that was that there be no spoilers-on air previews included-for the remaining episodes..they really wanted to watch the show unaware but they didn't have the willpower to turn off as the preview came on..

well, it was made half jokingly on the DC freeboard..but it seems one of the crew was with them while they talked and promised to tell the PD about it and..what do you know~..no preview for epi 23 at the end of epi22! and although they aired a preview later on, it was completely different from previous ones in that it was edited in such a way you couldn't possibly tell what was coming up next..

now, most korean dramas shoot on very tight schedule, and the previews disappear halfway through because they simply don't have any footage to make a preview out of, but it was not the case for resurrection - they wrapped it up quite nicely ahead of schedule and are coming back from an overnight trip together to celebrate as I write this..

they could have easily made a very juicy preview from what they had..but..well..

this morning, it's been officially declared on the KBS homepage..that there will be neither written nor aired previews provided for epi 24..and the viewers are left free to shake and shiver in anticipation..

Resurrection will probably be remembered as the only drama to air previews right up to the end..and also as the only drama to have no previews aired at the request of it's fans..

Guest Priscilla

I've so much to say but where to start? You guys know I kept saying I ain't sure how deep my UTW infatuation is, right? OK, here's what I'm finding so far.

When I first finished RESURRECTION, I was amazed at the script more than with the actors... that was something unusual for me, since I often pay more attention to character development than to the story as a whole... so I thought UTW didn't struck me too hard... at least not the way BYJ did at WLS or SJS at Misa. But the more I analyzed the drama, I realized why I was so amazed with the script... Me, I love to read nice literature with lots of symbolisms and metaphors. This drama has all that and more. I love philosophical works, or even inspirational... I love the hidden things... things such as "when all the world turns round and round and in the end, we find the answer in the most unexpected things... the end, which is the beginning..." Meaning: I love the script of RESURRECTION because it's GREAT, which doesn't mean the actors didn't do as well of a job. On the contrary, slowly but surely, as I'm doing my rewatch... I see the sparkle in UTW's eyes... I see the hidden hatred revealed in a playful grin... I see his fears coming out to the open, his love... I see his insecurities shaking me so much that I realized that yes... I'm getting there... ADDICTED... should I dare say this? To Uhm Tae Woong.

Who would have believed this!!!? I do admit he doesn't have the star presence of BYJ or SJS, he doesn't have the looks either... maybe, not even the confidence (SJS, though humble, I believe he's very proud of what he does, always ready to prove the world that he can 'do it'.) So what is it about this man that is puzzling me so much?

OK, let me share what I've seen of him so far:

1. RESURRECTION: you see more than 2 characters, I'd say more than 3, since they're all intertwined and resurrected. And they're all so different and yet so similar!

2. I saw him in NG parties, behind the scenes, interviews, Fan Meeting. I watched him 'singing' & dancing with his sister Uhm Jung Hwa, in a 2002 TV Show program!!! He seems to be very down to earth, unassuming, very playful, and yet bashful... Approachable should be the word? I read some later articles too... and he sounds like an orginary guy who doesn't try hard to impress... not a star.

3. I saw him in Music Videos. In "Timeless," Kim Nam Jin & Kim Yoon Jin (& 'little of' UTW)

UTW was a criminal gangster who kills the main character KNJ. I thought Uhm looked like the gangster from the movie "PUBLIC ENEMY II" ~fiercely 'ugly' and dislikable~ Yah! :shock:

In "Tears" he was the love interest of the main character... but somehow, he ends up with another girl. Very different look, very relaxed... he reminded me of the Rock singer Shin Seung Woo.

Lyn's "Ordinary Woman" is my favorite, of course, since UTW is the main lead, although I'm not sure if this is the right title. He's a police investigator here, trying to find out who killed his best friend. He's similar to Suh Ha-eun, since they're both cops, but I can't complain... :oops: I'll never grow tired of Ha-eun. (BTW, in interviews he said he's most like Ha-eun, but people think of him more like the gangster type). .

By creidesca

Uhm Tae Woong's latest role in an MV

Lyn's 보통여자 MV

200507021211279823_b.jpg

partial of the MV: http://vod2.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/...211279823_s.wmv

or full version: mms://vod001.naver.com/vod/lyn_300K.wmv

4. I saw PUBLIC ENEMY II, but honestly, didn't PAY that much attention to the movie, just waiting to see the guy... and yes, he comes out like an ugly gangster again... ha haa!!!

5. Watched 3 of his TV-Drama Specials, those hour tv movies... One is about law students studying for the BAR. He hardly came at first, so I wasn't paying too much attention to the story that revolved around this thirtysomer who was still trying to pass the bar and his problems with his fiance... Uhm came again more towards the end... another aspiring student... but he looked more idealistic than the main character. :D

The other one is the October 2004~KBS Drama City: BLUE SKY IN JEJU ISLAND. People were raving for this one so much I had to watch it! Soompi's links were expired, and although Creidesca has it with English subs, she told me to wait for her to up-load this later. But I couldn't wait, so after searching high & low, I finally found a clubbox that works. (http://down.clubbox.co.kr/jknest/rqli3) But you need a password... I tried to upload this through yousendit but I'm not sure if it works... the file may be way too large...

000279963-je-pu-kiss.gif

(Previously posted by Dahmi36)

Uhm won an award for this one. Let me just say that I wasn't disappointed!

CLICK for Priscilla's Review of BLUE SKY IN JEJU ISLAND

I also watched the May 2004~MBC Best Theatre: THE TRAIN THAT GOES TO GOMSK. I'm trying to research on the deeper meaning of this one... trying to find out what 'gomsk' means... it sounds German to me, but I'm not sure. I couldn't find any reviews on this, but really, maybe it's because I wasn't expecting too much of it... I ended up liking it a lot. This felt surreal, since Uhm and his newly wed wife wore custumes unlike Koreans... more European. The entire movie felt like a European film to me. And the philosophy... a question about one's dreams and the trains that lead towards different paths... UTW came out as a typical gentleman, and he looked like a character from one of the Charles Dickens novels. I really like him there, very very different and very poised.

I haven't watched SASSY GIRL CHOONYANG nor Nine Tailed Fox Goomiho... Still debating if I should... even if it is just to watch his acting... but really, I'm not too pulled towards those directions yet, still 'picky' with what I watch...

SO WRAPPING UP... I am finding out that my UhmForce obsession is trascending RESURRECTION... Especially with his performance at BLUE SKY I've confidence of his acting... And I'm realizing that what I like of him is more internal than physical... for surely I don't like the way he looks many times... but his inner strength is there, even when he himself says he doesn't have it... I just cannot put my finger to why, but I just know I just enjoy watching him act...

Guest bonababy

last episode was just finished aired here in KBS LA.I was just wondering about the ending.Where did Haeun went after he left the hospital?That was a year after he appeared again.Was there any communication with Eunha?

i was left wondering what happened.Any idea?anybody? :unsure:

last episode was just finished aired here in KBS LA.I was just wondering about the ending.Where did Haeun went after he left the hospital?That was a year after he appeared again.Was there any communication with Eunha?

i was left wondering what happened.Any idea?anybody? :unsure:

wrong place, have to move to another thread,sorry

Guest Priscilla

MY HISTORY of K-hunks and K-dramas

I first wrote this on Friday, September 23, 2005 @ hotelier2002 SJS Thread

Around 1990, I watched "EYES OF DAWN," which became a classic. There, I fell for Park Sang Won... (he must be almost 50 years old right now), feeling that he was the warmest man on earth. I liked this guy so much so that when "HOURGLASS" (another classic drama) came in 1995, while the female audiences were fainting for Lee Jeung Jae and male audiences for Choi Min Soo, I had eyes only for Park Sang Won. But that was that.

I think during those young years, I watched LAST MATCH, and there I just adored Jang Dong Gun! He was such, such, such a cutie but he suddenly disappeared from the public eye... later, I learned he was in the army, and I was excited when he returned! But I was disappointed by his following works... Icing, Models, Love... ALL ABOUT EVE was the only one I thought was passable...

In 1995 (?) I watched LOVE & WAR, and I was fascinated by the story of the 2nd generation, suffering for the mistakes of their parents. Such a low rated drama... but I couldn't get enough of AHN JAE WOOK. Then, in 1997, when I heard STARS IN MY HEARTS was making AJW a superstar... Oh MY!!! I had to watch THAT!!! I think he was the biggest crush I had back then... he was the first actor that made me spend money buying stuff... his magazines and his CD... But later, I got disappointed at his following works...

I had many 'passing' crushes around those years... on Lee Byung Hun, Park Shin Yang, Gam Woo Sung, Jung Woo Sung... but they wouldn't last. Ryu Shi Won did last, although it was not very deep, it was a very steady crush. I didn't like so many of his dramas, but I just liked his soft image so much I didn't care. But while watching SECRET, I fell for Kim Min Jong and I 'hated' RSW's character in there (honestly, Ryu acted terrible in there)! So I thought I got over this guy, but TRUTH/Jinshil proved me wrong... This drama was for me the best RSW's drama ever... As for BEAUTIFUL DAYS... I stopped watching this when I realized he wasn't getting the girl... After this, I just got tired of him playing the same role all over again.

Ji Jin Hee... when I stumbled upon JULIET'S MAN, and while the world was falling in love with Cha Tae Hyun... my heart skipped at the mere sight of this new kid on the block. I symphatized with him sooooo much I wanted to throw tomatoes at the writer after watching the end... I WAS SOOO MAD!!! And I signed up to be a member of ROMEO'S CLUB. At "Four Sisters" I went like~yakk!~ "I can't believe I liked this guy!" Then... while watching LOVE LETTER... gosh... wanted to throw the previous (by now rotten) tomatoes at him... Watching him in DAE JANG GUM... I felt nothing... maybe... I was comparing him with Jun Gwal Ryung.

I watched Jun Gwal Ryung in many dramas before, a 'chubby' ajussi even back then, playing minor roles... but while watching TRAP OF YOUTH... this rounded fella became the most secure man I've ever known!!! He would melt any and every women's heart!!! Gosh... this drama became a classic and so did his character in there... landing him his first leading role in 20 years in show buzz... for right after this, he became the 'most beloved people's doctor' (according to Jeongmalro's words) in Hur Jun, by the makers of DAE JANG GUM. I still remember this drama, and I still remember this ajussi breathing so much life into such an incredible character. But hey, being shallow as I am... I soon moved on to younger fellas!

Jang Hyuk. I stumbled upon him by accident, while my brother was watching "Into the Sunlight." I think this was more of a Cha Tae Hyun's drama, but I had eyes only for Jang Hyuk. After researching about him, I found SCHOOL (Hakgyo)... This was another unforgettable drama for me... and Jang Hyuk... I felt he was handsomest man on earth!! I just couldn't get enough of him! I think this crush was only comparable to Ahn Jae Wook's, although I didn't buy anything this time... but just like with AJW... I got disappointed at his following works.

I could tell you more... about Kim Suck Hoon (Hong Gil Tong, Tomato), or even Lee Jong Won (SWAT POLICE)... Ryujin (Stock Flower)... but it's getting too annoyingly long.

SO I'LL MOVE ON TO my later... more 'matured' crushes... As many of you know, BAE YONG JOON... after Winter Sonata... he did something to me I wasn't 'sane' anymore. I stopped being interested in watching any non-BYJ drama... I stopped drooling for anyone "but" him. And it was because of him I learned to surf in the internet and met so many net-friends. It was because of him I realized how much I love writing too... Starting a SEARCHING 4 YJ series... And yes... I started 'buying' BYJ's stuff too...

This may be the reason why LOVE LETTER's so special to me. Back then, I did skimmed through so many K-dramas my mom was watching, but nothing kept my interest for too long. Love Letter... unexpectedly took me into another realm, a non-BYJ realm where there was so much purity and innocence... and yet so much struggles and tears... I translated all 16 episodes word by word... so you should know how deeply I loved this! And yes, this inspired me to write too! I think I can consider myself a LOVE LETTER expert by now!! ~And Jo Hyun Jae as ANDREA... I thought I never saw such purity in someone's eyes... just by looking at him, I felt like crying. Funny though... that a couple of months later, right when he was about to begin his next project... I stopped checking him out all together. So I thought I got over him... only recently, I watched ONLY YOU by accident... and I realized that I was really enjoying watching him... regardless of the bad plot & all!!! Because of this, I started checking his new drama "Ballad of Suh Dong..." (by the makers of Dae Jang Gum). I even started a new thread in this hotel about him and this new drama... Too bad I got distracted by another drama... and honestly, I just watched up to episode 5 (which was aired this Tuesday) of "Ballad" and the plot's starting to irritate me already.

DAMO. This was another non-BYJ drama I really enjoyed and watched several times back then... I may be weird, because it seems I tend to like what the minority likes... because I was falling for Kim Min Jun's Jang Sung Baek. Maybe... it's also the fact that I disliked Lee Seo Jin ever since "Her House"? Still, this drama, with all the great plot and everything, didn't make me drool too much... I just started to really admire Ha Ji Won's acting instead.

Then... came MISA. What more can I say? In my previous post, I already mentioned how... after doing a marathon on MISA and crying my heart out... I became... 'obsessed' should be the word... with So Ji Sub the actor, even more so than with the drama itself. Maybe it was the fact that I've seen him through the years, and I always had a sort of fondness towards him... especially after TYOL... Maybe I was just amazed at his transformation, so proud that he was finally recognized... I don't know... One thing was very true though.... that the more I found about the 'behind the scene' real SJS... the more I liked him. And while before, I couldn't enjoy any non-BYJ's program... from MISA on, it felt as if I couldn't watch any non-Jisub thing anymore. I just couldn't enjoy...

But RESURRECTION proved me wrong, once again. Yes, I was watching Kim Sam Soon... I was 80% finished... but since my mom started watching RESURRECTION, I decided to put MNKSS on hold and watch something 'together' with my mom for a change. Such a bad move! After watching Resurrection... I couldn't get to finish MNKSS... After watching Resurrection... I've become a PANIC fan, running after any and every info I could get about this drama, starting a new thread... so happy to find out that this drama was written and produced by the makers of STOCK-FLOWER and SCHOOL, two classics in my heart. So I became the writer's fan... for the first time in my life!!!

Presently, SJS is still securely in my closet, patiently waiting for the day of his return to Show Bizz. As for UTW... his is a strange case... one that I continued denying... I kept saying I'm not as obsessed, not as crazy... but I continue coming back to him, searching for his news, and now... watching his previous works like a thirsty soul... And, although I didn't want to admit it when I first finished watching this... still thinking Uhm Tae Woong's more on the 'ugly' side... (But WHY do I not care??? To me... he's still gorgeous... )and as time passes... slowly but surely... I feel UhmForce is here to stay. Afterall... I do feel his character in RESURRECTION is one of the most complex ones I've ever seen... if not THE MOST COMPLEX... This is why... stingy and picky me... I just opened the closet door and I ducked him in there right next to my favorite ajusshi...

Guest bonababy

hi,prisci

i just loved to read your posting and please continue to do so.I do always come in this site only to read and get update about UTW.Even at work, i always make time to sneak out to surf the net to get info 'bout him.

Can't wait for his new project.

Guest mangosteen

Prisci, I've enjoyed reading your posts :D Do post more. Actually, I love the series Resurrection so much but I'm not good at expressing my feelingsl :huh: Haven't finished it yet, still waiting for the subs :P but I agree that the plot and Uhm Tae Woong are awesome!!!!!

Thanks for reposting Quotes by DAHMI36. Thanks to you guys I know much more about Resurrection

:)

Guest Priscilla

I watched this hour-KBS “drama city” more than a week ago, but I didn’t have time to write a review till now. The title: Blue Skies in Jeju Island, which was aired on Oct. 24th, 2004, starring Uhm Tae Woong and Kim Min Ju. Yes, I watched this because of UTW, after reading many raving reviews.

You can watch this through Creidesca’s Clubbox:

BLUE SKIES IN JEJU ISLAND

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/creidesca/3u6i3

BLUE SKIES (English Sub)

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/creidesca/k00h3

PM me if you need help downloading this.

bscap00311db.jpg

(previously posted by Creidesca)

The story is basically about Kitae (UTW), a frustrated bum with no goals in life, who finds that he only has 3 months left to live. What a loser like himself does with those 3 months, how he finishes his journey as he retraces his past, what’s in his mind before giving his last breaths… this is what this ‘movie’ is all about.

During his ‘self-evaluation,’ he remembers his ex girl-friend Hee-sook, with yearning and with many regrets. To amend for his past mistake, to ‘pay back’ before he dies… this becomes his one and only project. And the Blue Skies in Jeju Island is his final destination, a dream-land he’ll leave to his beloved… but one where he’ll never be.

Just like the title of the story, the beginning and the end is wrapped in a beautiful ocean of deep blues skies. There is a pretty girl singing a sad song at the beach… and some distance away, there is a man lying on the sand, stretching his hands towards her… but unable to touch her. We wonder if this is for real! What’s going on? And then, the true story begins…

jeju.jpg

(from http://uhmtaewoong.net/)

blue010ox.jpg

The cinematography is quite remarkable considering this was a TV-special. Most of the scenes were shot in black and white, making the ‘blue’ of the ocean seem more beautiful, and thus more painful to behold. Black and white, signifying the unglamorous harsh realities, the life of the freelancer, the frustrated unemployeed, the man whose dreams are stepped all over, and whose personality becomes nastier as time goes by, hurting his woman and hurting himself in the process.

bscap00995df.jpg

bscap00280jp.jpg

The woman is no less frustrated, no more hopeful than he is. After he abandons her, Hee-sook marries an abusive husband, and she lives with only her past memories to sustain her. Every time her husband mistreats her, she thinks of Kitae, and that keeps her going. So for both Kitae and Hee-sook, the memories become almost more important than their present realities. And for us the viewers, the chronology disappears all together, and we don’t know what’s ‘present’ anymore. Many different time frames are intermingled back and forth, together with their ‘fake’ reality, the fantasy land… that dream which was Kitae’s at first, and which therefore becomes Hee-sook’s dream… which, in the end, becomes a greater reality than the black and white reality of the dying man…

Aside from some shocking scenes of abuse and cursing, which were honestly NOT that shocking for me… since I’ve seen those types of scenes before… even in real people I knew… there is the acting that made this a strangely enjoyable watch… so real. Both main leads won acting prizes for the drama city category during the KBS 2004 Acting Awards.

On a side note, I thought it was funny that the man who played as Mr. Chun (Panic fans call him “Guardian Angel”) in Resurrection came here as the abusive husband, and Kim Gap Soo, who was UTW’s archrival at RESURRECTION, was here too, as his ‘guardian angel.’ Ha haa!!!

Guest Pucca.sg

Again, thanks for sharing... :)

I'm also busy searching for this drama "Blue Skies in Jeju Island"

Does anyone has the image photo of him in movie "Spring Bear"? :)

Oh really? That's awesome! Thanks Prisci. :) (and btw, are you known as Priscilla now? Seems like you changed your sn)

Shirley~You hear that? Prisci uploaded the full 700mb avi version of 'Blue Skies of JeJu Island' in SandyC's cb. Now it is your chance to watch the full version and that WILD kiss scene, lol. :D

YES!! SHIRLEY HEAR THAT!! ..aND I GOT IT DL AND WATCH ^_________^ OKIE NOW I GOT ALL THE MISSING SCENES TOGETHER !!

THANKS GUYS for uploading it!!

The story is basically about Kitae (UTW), a frustrated bum with no goals in life, who finds that he only has 3

The cinematography is quite remarkable considering this was a TV-special. Most of the scenes were shot in black and white, making the ‘blue’ of the ocean seem more beautiful, and thus more painful to behold. Black and white, signifying the unglamorous harsh realities, the life of the freelancer, the frustrated unemployeed, the man whose dreams are stepped all over, and whose personality becomes nastier as time goes by, hurting his woman and hurting himself in the process.

bscap00995df.jpg

bscap00280jp.jpg

The woman is no less frustrated, no more hopeful than he is. After he abandons her, Hee-sook marries an abusive husband, and she lives with only her past memories to sustain her. Every time her husband mistreats her, she thinks of Kitae, and that keeps her going. So for both Kitae and Hee-sook, the memories become almost more important than their present realities. And for us the viewers, the chronology disappears all together, and we don’t know what’s ‘present’ anymore. Many different time frames are intermingled back and forth, together with their ‘fake’ reality, the fantasy land… that dream which was Kitae’s at first, and which therefore becomes Hee-sook’s dream… which, in the end, becomes a greater reality than the black and white reality of the dying man…

Aside from some shocking scenes of abuse and cursing, which were honestly NOT that shocking for me… since I’ve seen those types of scenes before… even in real people I knew… there is the acting that made this a strangely enjoyable watch… so real. Both main leads won acting prizes for the drama city category during the KBS 2004 Acting Awards.

On a side note, I thought it was funny that the man who played as Mr. Chun (Panic fans call him “Guardian Angel”) in Resurrection came here as the abusive husband, and Kim Gap Soo, who was UTW’s archrival at RESURRECTION, was here too, as his ‘guardian angel.’ Ha haa!!!

ah ....the black and white images ..make it all the more harsher ..that emotions within this drama .when colors are taken away .strangely u become more focus .on everything in the scene infront of you .~~

like i was mentioning to someone ..that scene when ..she told him she was pregnant ..i really fear ..really feel that fear for her ....~ ..that scene got me abit shocked me ....(not that i never seem more violent scenes before .) but this .was make so realistic by the acting .....

i reallly like the way .the retracing of memories occur .i was abit confused at first ..then i realise ..we are walking back in time ..........three months eariler ......when he learnt of his fate ....one month eariler

how he tried to work .as he never work before ........to just earn enough to buy a dream .for her .......and what happen ..in between those three months ...how he regret and went to seek her .yet she is now another man wife ..~~ .

and those memories of them unfolding ..once ...they had been so in love ........and yet ..how had they ended up in such a way .......harsh demands of lives just take it toil on him .....jobless . ..frustrated ..hence he vent his anger and fury on everyone around him including that girl whom .he had eat noodles everyday just to take a gimplise of her ..

OH I NEVER REALISE THAT HUSBAND IS POPCORN MAN ~~ but i did remember that old man ..as that polictican mr lee .~~

Guest bonababy

For those who want to see UHMFORCE sing during the fan meeting,Go to DC RESURRECTION GALLERY

http:kr.dcinside12.imagesearch.yahoo.com/zb40/zboard.php?id=lifeagain&page

entry #43816.Panic fan made an awesome videoclip of him singing.Quite entertaining actually. :D

Guest Pucca.sg

For those who want to see UHMFORCE sing during the fan meeting,Go to DC RESURRECTION GALLERY

http:kr.dcinside12.imagesearch.yahoo.com/zb40/zboard.php?id=lifeagain&page

entry #43816.Panic fan made an awesome videoclip of him singing.Quite entertaining actually. :D

I followed your instruction to go into that website and go to #43816, I didn't see any clip of his singing?

Do you mind to share the link here? ^^

i checked it this morning as well and it was changed to #43813 i'm playing it right now.If it happennd that you can't find it on to stated entry #,just try opening all of the entries from #43820 down.

http://kr.dcinside12.imagesearch.yahoo.com...=lifeagain&page

should that post keep changing in #, this is the direct link to watch the clip: http://umforce.cafe24.com/fan/uhm.wmv

Archived