Uhm Tae Woong 엄태웅

uhmforce

So this is the guy who is about to star opposite Eric Mun in Wolf. UTW is handsome in a way but he looks a little old for his age. No offense to people who like him.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bonababy

So this is the guy who is about to star opposite Eric Mun in Wolf. UTW is handsome in a way but he looks a little old for his age. No offense to people who like him.

well, he is 30 or 31 years old.And i think he looks younger for his age.

He is a good looking to me, most definitely.

Guest Priscilla

Thanks for being honest, but really, you shouldn't judge someone by the pictures alone. You should watch him in action... at RESURRECTION. That is one drama that blew so many skeptics away. Meaning: UTW is not about nice external package, 'pretty boy' OH HE'S SOOO HOT!~ tingy. NO, he's not that handsome, I'll give you THAT. But he has that inner something that's needed to become a true actor, not just a temporary shooting star.

And like BONABABY said, he actually looks younger than his age. He could definitely play a 27 year old with ease...

Thanks for being honest, but really, you shouldn't judge someone by the pictures alone. You should watch him in action... at RESURRECTION. That is one drama that blew so many skeptics away. Meaning: UTW is not about nice external package, 'pretty boy' OH HE'S SOOO HOT!~ tingy. NO, he's not that handsome, I'll give you THAT. But he has that inner something that's needed to become a true actor, not just a temporary shooting star.

And like BONABABY said, he actually looks younger than his age. He could definitely play a 27 year old with ease...

Hi Priscilla!

Totally agree with you.......and we share the same sentiments about UTW....looks should not be a main focus to determine an actor's credibility and talent. Of course, many viewers would prefer to watch a drama because of the main casts looks....handsome guy with a pretty looking gal....this has been a norm. He has been overshadowed by his other peers and seem somewhat under-rated but viewers like us appreciate his superb acting.

A great actor is one who can portray a role convincingly for the viewers to love or hate...... be it a character of a rich or poor guy, even a gay role or probably a drug addict or a killer...... :) Just my opinion! B)

BTW, I simply love his role in Resurrection, .....totally make me change a differenct aspect of how I view him as compared to his role in Sassy Girl Chun Hyang.... Truly an amazing actor ..... :D

Guest Priscilla

*I POSTED THIS at Wolf and News threads... sorry for posting it in so many places... should I just put a link instead?

[[Latest News]]Han Ji Min will be reunited with Uhm Tae Woong at “Wolf.”

Posted by 새봄 on November 22nd, 2005

200511221415141110_1.jpg

[My Daily = Reporter Ahn Ji Sun] Entertainer with large luminous eyes Han Ji Min will be reunited with Uhm Tae Woong after partnering with him at KBS TV drama “Resurrection.”

Han Ji Min has been cast to play the character of “Jung Ji Soo,” who will be receiving wholehearted love from both Uhm Tae Woong and Eric in the MBC drama “Wolf” (writer Kim Kyung Sae, producer Park Hong Kyun), which is scheduled to open on January of next year.

According to the makers of ‘Wolf,’ “Han Ji Min was cast because she matches perfectly with the image of Jung Ji Soo’s character.” “Although the contract hasn’t been signed yet, it is confirmed.”

Han Ji Min, who was ‘re-discovered’ as an actress through “Resurrection,” will play the character of a dying woman in “Wolf,” the only daughter of a wealthy family who finds out she has leukemia. Having only 3 months left to live, Han Ji Min couldn't afford to love anyone. But her heart gets still drawn towards cute and babish Uhm Tae Woong (Yoon Sung Mo) wanting to hold him, and towards rough and wild Eric (Bae Dae Cheol), whom she wants to embrace.

Moreover, she who shared deep love with Uhm Tae Woong in “Resurrection” will start falling more and more for Eric, the guy everyone’s telling her is bad. The love struggles between these 3 characters are expected to win the interest of viewers.

[Han Ji Min, who will be in the MBC drama “Wolf,” which is expected to be aired on January of next year, playing a ‘dying woman’ who receives wholehearted love from both Eric and Uhm Tae Woong. Photo = My Daily Photo DB]

(Reporter Ahn Ji Sun ajs@mydaily.co.kr)

***Translated by Priscilla

It's been over a week, since i've watched "bu hwal" and it's slowly sinking in... the marvel and respect I have for this actor....

I miss my "bu hwal" episodes.... at first when i finished it i wondered, how could people keep rewatching such an intense series, it's so emotionally and mentally draining...

but now i realised that after a week without it, i'm craving for it... :)

utw1.2.jpg

utw1.3.jpg

utw1.4.jpg

utw1.5.jpg

utw1.7.jpg

utw1.6.jpg

source: daum

Guest bonababy

Thanks for posting those picture ARMANIGURL.

Sure does he is such one sweet , dorkable ,lovable man.

And thinking about Han JI Min be the female lead role in WOLF give me an ambibalance feeling.

I like to see them both again,for the chemistry between the two of them is so real that i can't see Han Ji Min

be with another man. I feel like this is the continuation of their love story from RESU, but with a twist.

i just hope the script won't disappoint the Panic Fans.

Guest Priscilla

i just saw this ..the new movie capture ~

b020051122_21180519.jpg

엄태웅-고두심, 20살 차 극복한 ‘연상연하 커플’ 모습 공개

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...51122180101648b

There are several articles talking about this, his upcoming movie "The Birth of A Family" and you can find plenty of behind the scenes pictures of the making of this movie at UTW_cafe. I've been meaning to report since last week but I kept on putting them off. I should do this now... but instead, I'm writing a long overdue 'summary' (I don't think I could call this a 'review') of one of his TV-hour special.

It's been over a week, since i've watched "bu hwal" and it's slowly sinking in... the marvel and respect I have for this actor....

Ha ha, Armani! I was like you... after the crazy marathon on RESURRECTION, I was emotionally drained so I wasn't sure what to make of UTW and the drama as a whole... I thought I'd soon forget this and move on. Instead, I started looking for UTW's history and News, and watching his past works. Indeed he was unknown for many many years, and his movie roles were forgettable characters. Regardless... his characters sticked out (yeah, because I was PAYING attention to HIS character with magnifying glass!!! :lol:). I think it was after I watched his TV-drama specials I was more confident I can call myself his fan. His portrayal in those hour-specials where totally different, and yet so naturally done...

I already wrote my review of BLUE SKY IN JEJU ISLAND (link posted in page one). This TV-special was made by the producer of "Ijuksa" (This Love I Want To Kill). That's why the the beginning of Ijuksa seems like a copycat of Blue Sky... Korean sites are full of his fans loving this drama... I think Shirley mentioned she felt his acting there was too real?

However, I was more impressed by UTW at yet another TV-drama special he did in the same year (2004):

MBC Best Theatre "The Train That Goes To Gomsku."

I think this was based on a German Novel? Reason for which the setting seemed very foreign, and I felt I was watching a Johnny Depp type of movie, fantasy mix with a hidden message. Or rather, I felt I was reading a CS Lewis novel of a sort...

SPOILER ALERT!

This was the story of a newly wed couple taking the train to go to a Promised Land (Gomsku). Living everything they knew behind, they were going towards the unknown (a place the man only heard about since he was a child). The husband was 'envisioning' his new life there with excitement while the wife was unwilling to go and yet unable to stop her husband from attaining his dreams. But during one of the train stops, she asks him to go for a walk... missing the train. They were left behind in another town, where the man starts working on temp jobs and the woman tries to make their stay there nice and cozy.

Little by little, the woman starts getting adjusted to the new town, loving the comfort she has. The man is restless, always looking ahaed... frustrated that his dreams continue to evade him. I personally loved seeing this gentleman (yes, he totally looked like a gentleman from a Charles Dickens book!) getting frustrated and yet continue to 'keep his cool.' I thought the wife acted innocent enough... and yet she was no fool either. She would always find a way to 'keep her man' in that town. However, there came a point where he couldn't hold this anymore and he exploded. He was ready to leave that town whether his wife came with him or not. But when he was ready to leave, his wife tells him she's pregnant.

Oh well! He couldn't leave. So he stayed in that town, becoming a teacher and a family man, and planting roots. He grows up old, living an ordinary and comfortable life of a scholar. But as the years go by... he still remembers that unfulfilled dream of his... that of going to GOMSKU, a land of success and adventures. And he always wondered, in the back of his minds... what life would have been like, had he gone there. How trains of life takes you to different places and how those small stops can completely change the entire course of your life.

(My personal thought? It wasn't just the train that marked the course of his life: it was the woman manipulating beside him!) B)

ANOTHER THUMBS UP to UTW acting here. You wouldn't see any trace whatsoever of Haeun/Shinhyuk/Ganhyuk in here!!!

578.jpg

Here's the link for the OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/best/be...09474_4731.html

utw1.2.jpg

smokin' hot...!!

utw1.5.jpg

Sometimes a man does not have to be drop-dead gorgeous..but..

UTW oozes charm..and sex appeal too.. ;)

Lurrrrve the pics Armanigurl..thanks..!..

thanks also for all the news and articles on him girls!!..

Guest Priscilla

I think it was yesterday when all the High School seniors went through one of the dreadiest moments in their lives: that of taking the college entrance exam.

So today, UTW wrote to his fans:

(translated by Bill at http://cafe.daum.net/uhmsky)

I am sorry to be late in writing this greetings for our students fan because of shooting film until dawn.

Please do your best but relax without tension.

Since after the test,you had better take a rest and fully enjoy yourself .

Well, I am not in a position to advise for study.....

Anyhow, good luck!

Thanks Priscilla & Armani for sharing your views, thoughts and comments on Eom Tae Woong...(wonder which spelling is correct UHM or EOM??).

Am done with Resurrection and like you gals ...am totally trying to withdraw myself from his character...simply awesome and now I have added another Ajummah actress to my favourite list..(the actress who played Suh Ha-Eun and Yoo Shin Hyuk's mum). Simply love her way of loving his sons.....

BTW, Just wanna share my bit of contribution here:-

Final Episode of Resurrection (it was titled as REVENGE) record series highest viewer ratings (spoilers alert)

The final episode of the KBS - TV2 miniseries "Revenge" recorded nationwide viewer ratings of 22.9 percent, according to estimates by TNS Media Korea.

Earlier episodes of the series significantly lagged behind its MBC rival "MNIKSS" recording ratings of only 10 percent, but the situation changed completely on Aug 17 one day before the final episode of Revenge aired.

On that day, the series ratings exceeded 20 percent and the number of messages posted by viewers on its bulletin board surpased one million.

The episode that aired on Aug. 18 started with the character played by Um Tae-ung (they spelled differently) the series lead actor, revealing his true identity to his uncle (played by Kang In-chul). Uhm's character had been determined to take revenge on Lee Chung-kil, Ki Ju-bong, Kim Kap-soo and Kim Kyu-chul for killing his father, Ahn Nae Sang played by Yoo Keon-ha), 20 years ago.

But the most recent scenes showed him agonizing over the revenge because of his beloved mother and younger sister, revealing a more humane side to the character.

The wrongdoings of all those people are finally broughty to light one by one, as if vindicating Uhm's character when he says "Everything in life goes back to its roots. Now, it's time to bring things to an end." Kim Kap-soo, whose illegitimate son Park Hee-Soo mercilessly takes revenges on him, finally kills himself by jumping off a bridge, while Lee Chung-kil, whose favourite saying is "only strong people can forgive, shoots himself to death when his wife leaves him.

The scene in which Park mistakenly stabs Uhm with a knife upon learning about Kim Kap-soo's suicide was apparently one of the most nerve-racking for viewers. The final scene showing the superb acting of Park, who continued to keep the true identity of Uhm's character secret even after one year, and Uhm who continued to protect Park even after being stabbed, was especially heart-moving.

Above articles extracted from KBS Global Entertainment News ....September 2005

P.S FACTOID : Just happened to discover that ETW's older sister is EOM JUNG HWA who played the main actress in Tropical Nights in December! :)

*hugs to the gurls in UTW thread*

ok, PRISC!!! I registered for Uhmsky daum cafe today.. ;D

i read some of the posts in there.. haha, u even posted my review... ^__^

i wanted to post and say thank you but i think i still don't have the status to post in the cafe yet...

how long do i have to wait before I can post in the cafe?

oh ya, where can i download BLUE SKY IN JEJU ISLAND ? i really want to watch it.

Guest Priscilla

Thanks Priscilla & Armani for sharing your views, thoughts and comments on Eom Tae Woong...(wonder which spelling is correct UHM or EOM??).

Final Episode of Resurrection (it was titled as REVENGE) record series highest viewer ratings (spoilers alert)

P.S FACTOID : Just happened to discover that ETW's older sister is EOM JUNG HWA who played the main actress in Tropical Nights in December! :)

THANKS for posting that article in here. Actually that was post before at the old thread of RESU, so I re-post this at the new RESURRECTION thread. But it's nice to read that again in here.

Konglish is very confusing this way. Unless someone comes up and tells you 'his/her name is officially written this way' you can't tell for sure how to spell. Either way is pronounced the same, reason for which you see his last name spelled both ways. I like to use UHM since that seems to be the norm in soompi.

And yes, UTW is Uhm Jung Hwa's little brother. If you go back the pages in this thread, you'll find lots of articles talking about this. Here's a sample: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166&st=100

ok, PRISC!!! I registered for Uhmsky daum cafe today.. ;D

i read some of the posts in there.. haha, u even posted my review... ^__^

i wanted to post and say thank you but i think i still don't have the status to post in the cafe yet...

how long do i have to wait before I can post in the cafe?

oh ya, where can i download BLUE SKY IN JEJU ISLAND ? i really want to watch it.

You have to register for 'upper membership' in order to post. Here's what I wrote someone else who asked me how to do that:

In some other Cafes, you have to wait several days, and they give you a set of questions, etc. But uhmsky's VERY EASY!!!

Go to: 등업요청방

And write: 등업해주세요

I don't remember how soon, but they'll give you the full membership in less than a day? (I think your name will get deleted as you become a senior member)

Good luck!

You can download SO MANY MANY MANY UTW'S GOODIES at http://clubbox.co.kr/dcnemo

It's a secured site so you need to write the password to open the files. It's similar to the second password that Ha-eun had to write to open Shinhyuk's files... the name of the toy carried by Shinhyuk/Ganghyuk, one 4 letter word in English, plural. Write the word in the empty box bellow the following words:

박스 시삽이 설정한 비밀번호를 입력해 주십시오.

[ ]

I think this is the direct link for BLUE SKY (but it's in Korean): http://down.clubbox.co.kr/dcnemo/vbmk1

Creidesca owns the English Subs for this one. I'm sure she can help you here! ;) Otherwise... Sandy... can I upload this to yousendit file?

THANKS for posting that article in here. Actually that was post before at the old thread of RESU, so I re-post this at the new RESURRECTION thread. But it's nice to read that again in here.

Konglish is very confusing this way. Unless someone comes up and tells you 'his/her name is officially written this way' you can't tell for sure how to spell. Either way is pronounced the same, reason for which you see his last name spelled both ways. I like to use UHM since that seems to be the norm in soompi.

And yes, UTW is Uhm Jung Hwa's little brother. If you go back the pages in this thread, you'll find lots of articles talking about this. Here's a sample: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166&st=100

You have to register for 'upper membership' in order to post. Here's what I wrote someone else who asked me how to do that:

In some other Cafes, you have to wait several days, and they give you a set of questions, etc. But uhmsky's VERY EASY!!!

Go to: 등업요청방

And write: 등업해주세요

I don't remember how soon, but they'll give you the full membership in less than a day? (I think your name will get deleted as you become a senior member)

Good luck!

You can download SO MANY MANY MANY UTW'S GOODIES at http://clubbox.co.kr/dcnemo

It's a secured site so you need to write the password to open the files. It's similar to the second password that Ha-eun had to write to open Shinhyuk's files... the name of the toy carried by Shinhyuk/Ganghyuk, one 4 letter word in English, plural. Write the word in the empty box bellow the following words:

박스 시삽이 설정한 비밀번호를 입력해 주십시오.

[ ]

I think this is the direct link for BLUE SKY (but it's in Korean): http://down.clubbox.co.kr/dcnemo/vbmk1

Creidesca owns the English Subs for this one. I'm sure she can help you here! ;) Otherwise... Sandy... can I upload this to yousendit file?

thanks so much Prisc... *happy* thinking about more UTW dramas I can watch.... I think i'm falling harder and harder for UTW... and it's mostly because of withdrawal from "bu hwal"

also, thanks for the tip about uhmsky.. i was at 등업요청방 yesterday, but i saw that there was only one post in there, so i thot maybe i was going for the wrong thing.. that's why i asked..

ok, i'm gonna get myself validated today~ woopiee~~~

Thanks Priscilla....Yeah! I guess with your efficiency, the article would have already been posted before. I agree that it would be more appropirate to post it in RESURRECTION thread!

Appreciate the link provided .... and again I truly enjoy reading your posting!! :)

Guest dramalover

Am done with Resurrection and like you gals ...am totally trying to withdraw myself from his character...simply awesome and now I have added another Ajummah actress to my favourite list..(the actress who played Suh Ha-Eun and Yoo Shin Hyuk's mum). Simply love her way of loving his sons.....

BTW, Just wanna share my bit of contribution here:-

The final episode of the KBS - TV2 miniseries "Revenge" recorded nationwide viewer ratings of 22.9 percent, according to estimates by TNS Media Korea.

Earlier episodes of the series significantly lagged behind its MBC rival "MNIKSS" recording ratings of only 10 percent, but the situation changed completely on Aug 17 one day before the final episode of Revenge aired.

On that day, the series ratings exceeded 20 percent and the number of messages posted by viewers on its bulletin board surpased one million.

The episode that aired on Aug. 18 started with the character played by Um Tae-ung (they spelled differently) the series lead actor, revealing his true identity to his uncle (played by Kang In-chul). Uhm's character had been determined to take revenge on Lee Chung-kil, Ki Ju-bong, Kim Kap-soo and Kim Kyu-chul for killing his father, Ahn Nae Sang played by Yoo Keon-ha), 20 years ago.

But the most recent scenes showed him agonizing over the revenge because of his beloved mother and younger sister, revealing a more humane side to the character.

The wrongdoings of all those people are finally broughty to light one by one, as if vindicating Uhm's character when he says "Everything in life goes back to its roots. Now, it's time to bring things to an end." Kim Kap-soo, whose illegitimate son Park Hee-Soo mercilessly takes revenges on him, finally kills himself by jumping off a bridge, while Lee Chung-kil, whose favourite saying is "only strong people can forgive, shoots himself to death when his wife leaves him.

The scene in which Park mistakenly stabs Uhm with a knife upon learning about Kim Kap-soo's suicide was apparently one of the most nerve-racking for viewers. The final scene showing the superb acting of Park, who continued to keep the true identity of Uhm's character secret even after one year, and Uhm who continued to protect Park even after being stabbed, was especially heart-moving.

Hello my dear Felicia....surprise..surprise.....OOOPS spoiler...sorry I have to skip your spoiler..bec.I am watching REBIRTH/RESURRECTION right now..this is the first time I 've seen him in drama and I am really addicted to his cool and simple looks...He is also good with his emotions and acting out 2 different characters...I will share more of my thoughts about him after show..

Cheers....

Hello my dear Felicia....surprise..surprise.....OOOPS spoiler...sorry I have to skip your spoiler..bec.I am watching REBIRTH/RESURRECTION right now..this is the first time I 've seen him in drama and I am really addicted to his cool and simple looks...He is also good with his emotions and acting out 2 different characters...I will share more of my thoughts about him after show..

Cheers....

Hi Dramalover.....Fancy seeing you at this thread!! I'm glad you are enjoying this drama! Don't read too much if you wish to enjoy the story!! Some suspense will justify all goods things about Uhm Tae Woong! B) I truly did enjoy his acting and simply love his mum too! The main actress Han Ji Min played her role very well and the other actress So Yi Hyun is not bad too but notice that she has been taking up 2nd lead most of the time. On certain angles, she resembles our princess, just my opinion! Ooops! I'm saying too much...hope you'll share your views and comments after you have completed the drama!

BTW, there are many good writers and commentaries in this thread...Read them after you have completed watching it, OK!

Hope to see you soon, chingu! :)

Guest dramalover

Hi Dramalover.....Fancy seeing you at this thread!! I'm glad you are enjoying this drama! Don't read too much if you wish to enjoy the story!! Some suspense will justify all goods things about Uhm Tae Woong! B) I truly did enjoy his acting and simply love his mum too! The main actress Han Ji Min played her role very well and the other actress Suh Yi Hyun is not bad too but notice that she has been taking up 2nd lead most of the time. On certain angles, she resembles our princess, just my opinion! Ooops! I'm saying too much...hope you'll share your views and comments after you have completed the drama!

BTW, there are many good writers and commentaries in this thread...Read them after you have completed watching it, OK!

Hope to see you soon, chingu! :)

Agree with you on SUH YI HYUN..I love her perky character..and She is very beautiful..I remembered her from YELLOW HANDKERCHIEF... :D

Guest Priscilla

i just saw this ..the new movie capture ~

b020051122_21180519.jpg

엄태웅-고두심, 20살 차 극복한 ‘연상연하 커플’ 모습 공개

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...51122180101648b

Actually, there are many articles talking about this, and you can find plenty of behind the scenes pictures of the making of this movie at UTW_cafe. I've been meaning to report since last week but I kept on putting them off. I was trying to upload some pictures from the Capture Room but I need to upload them to a photobucket and I'm too lazy... So I went to Resurrection Gallery instead, and I found the following pictures of "Birth Of Family."

From Resurrection Gallery:

1131959731_P5070177(7716).jpg

1131987323_114.jpg

1131987323_115.jpg

1132670465_img.movist.jpg

img.movist1.jpg

Archived