Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

Well according to that article, the original intention was for DC and HR to be friends somewhere along the way and they both fall in love with each other. Establishing some sort of triangle or a quadrangle later on.

Then, the article claimed there was a "slight change" that confused LDH, something about her character and she doesn't understand the motivation behind it.

Just to make it fair, MBC should better schedule some late night conference meeting and add a script somewhere in there to have DC dressed up in suit looking desperate and ready to shout "I LOVE YOU Min Hye Rin" before end of episode 40, anything less than that, I will sue!!!!!!

Guest imogene_af

Happy_Day-

She did say her decision is a bad and shameful one, but for someone to readily admit that and KNOWS of her dire consequences just spells to me someone who is extremely hurt. She is honest about it and I guess we'll see how the people will judge her after this. If she could rise after this.

You must admit though, her treatment is not something that I have ever seen done to an actress ever. Will she run away from another drama again? She stuck through a drama that had 4% ratings, I really do not think it's just a simple disappointment. This has to be building over for quite a while now. At the end of the day, she just had enough. It would be better for her career to grin it and bear it, but she cannot do it anymore.

Guest lantawmako

Why so much hate? People have their opinions.

Anyway, I just read her official message, and I think it was pretty dumb. One thing I find kind of funny is that she said in the future she "wants to become a mature and sophisticated actress," but her actions right now in quitting is the opposite of that. If she is disappointed in her role in another drama in the future, will she do this again?

She says she understands that she is making a rash, shameful decision; then why is she doing it? She keeps saying "I should do this.. but I can't take it anymore.. I should do that.. but I can't take it anymore." ..?!

I do understand her frustration and bitterness which is reflected in what she wrote. She was like, "How can my viewers understand my character if I don't understand why HyeRin is saying things out of character and looking stupid?" Definitely agree there. But should she have done this? Not in my opinion.

You mean people who allow themselves to be step over have more sophistication and intelligence?.

She is apologetic because there are those who will be disappointed but she is smart enough to know when to throw the towel.

it's non-sense that becomes her reason to leave, as some of THE FANS (don't want to state whose) criticized her.

gwen jja nah... it was me all me that caused the fiery storm earlier today :sweatingbullets:

well i've apologized if my statements were insensitive earlier...but HR won't be the only character that LDH will play as an actress, i'm looking ahead to her other dramas after EOE...my thoughts were just filled with convolutedly mix feelings of shock, disappointment, and sad at the same time...because i really don't want her to go out on any drama this way :tears:

sayroo-

LDH actually has many GMA starrers already ... they even gave her, her own name like "Ella" or whatever. Her dramas are one of the first trendy K-dramas shown in that country, and she's very known there. I know someone who works there who said they wanted the drama because she was in it.

I am leaning with gems on this also that this is not just an overnight decision. I bet it has been talked over for quite some time. When she took off her EoE stuff in cyworld, I knew there was something wrong. :(

You know what? I am disappointed, not only because they can't keep her, but also, they can't keep the only character who resembles the women's image in this century alive and gloom in this big drama. I chit chat with some soompiers because we are all interested in HR character. The same thing we see in HR, is that, she's smart, sharp, strong and has trust on herself, as a person, not just as a woman who should be behind a man and pursue a love to live, or to be remembered. I am so disppointed because MBC can't make that character alive for us.

Guest Happy_Day

Happy_Day-

She did say her decision is a bad and shameful one, but for someone to readily admit that and KNOWS of her dire consequences just spells to me someone who is extremely hurt. She is honest about it and I guess we'll see how the people will judge her after this. If she could rise after this.

You must admit though, her treatment is not something that I have ever seen done to an actress ever. Will she run away from another drama again? She stuck through a drama that had 4% ratings, I really do not think it's just a simple disappointment. This has to be building over for quite a while now. At the end of the day, she just had enough. It would be better for her career to grin it and bear it, but she cannot do it anymore.

I wonder why she did this now, when it seemed like the character was getting somewhere. Maybe she got the rest of the script and was horrified at the ending? Well, I guess it'll be DC-YR happy ending now *barf*. I think I'll continue watching though because I like JiHyun-MyungHoon story and there's not that many eps left.

I guess I'll reserve my opinon about this from now on LOL, I think I'm in the minority here. She did say in her message that she learned from her mistakes and will make better judgments in the future.. but what if she does make another judgment like this?.. it could happen.. will she pull out again? lol.

She also said that YeonJungHoon called often to check up on her, isn't that sweet?

Guest imogene_af

I wonder why she did this now, when it seemed like the character was getting somewhere. Maybe she got the rest of the script and was horrified at the ending? Well, I guess it'll be DC-YR happy ending now.

I guess I'll reserve my opinon about this from now on LOL, I think I'm in the minority here. She did say in her message that she learned from her mistakes and will make better judgments in the future. She also said that YeonJungHoon called often to check up on her, isn't that sweet?

Nah, no need to censor yourself, we know you here, just understand if people are just a bit saddened with all this.

Rumor has it, her romance with DC was reduced. I guess her character would continue to pine after him but no mutual consolation? No idea.

YJH was the one who told her to get Hye-rin. :( She didn't really want to because she was scared of the role. But NYS (writer) and YJH were very persistent.

and yeah, we won't be seeing her for a while because she's studying.

Guest suncine445

She is very diplomatic in her message from what I have read. You can be very sure that there were lots of talks and discussion going on behind the scene. To have it out in the open is a very brave thing to do .And more so with so much support for her decision.It is certainly a backlash for MBC

Nah, no need to censor yourself, we know you here, just understand if people are just a bit saddened with all this.

Rumor has it, her romance with DC was reduced. I guess her character would continue to pine after him but no mutual consolation? No idea.

YJH was the one who told her to get Hye-rin. :( She didn't really want to because she was scared of the role. But NYS (writer) and YJH were very persistent.

Now I am wondering is this really what the original writer (NYS) wanted? Who is changing the script to reduce the romance? The new writer? The executive who cares about rating only?

In this case joicy, it looks like MBC did not honor the contract that is why LDH quit. A breach of contract is when either one of the party did not honor the contents of the contract. If the contract states that LDH is the female lead and MBC do not honor that, then MBC is in breach of the contract. There is a case of one actress, Kim Sun Ah. She was sued for breach of contract for the movie "Thursday's Child" when she walked out on production and the company wants her to return the salary they paid her as well as losses that was incurred. Kim Sun Ah won the case and the judge ruled in her favor because it was proven that the company was responsible for the delay in production to the point that it made it impossible for Kim Sun Ah to continue filming.

I think so too. But reading the comments, people are more worried for LDH being sued. Why? They seemed settled it the better way for MBC, LDH got approval from PD and new writer (right?) and she's leaving for "health" reason. With Park Shin Yang's example, if she's at fault, they will never sit still and let her go.

But, anyway, we should wait for more information. To now, please support LDH and spare your thoughts for her fans. I know this is a hard time. Shocking to me a non-fan too, and I just can't keep my calm any more.

I guess I'll reserve my opinon about this from now on LOL, I think I'm in the minority here. She did say in her message that she learned from her mistakes and will make better judgments in the future.. but what if she does make another judgment like this?.. it could happen.. will she pull out again? lol.

She also said that YeonJungHoon called often to check up on her, isn't that sweet?

Happy_Day kumahneh...

gue reh, like you we're in the minority but you don't have to fuel the fire again...once was enough earlier, let's just wait until more official news comes out and see what was really going on regarding LDH's situation...arahtjjii??

Guest purpledoll

This is like Grey's anatomy that George is leaving because he is actor and only wants to act but they didn't give him any storylines or include him in any worthy scene so he decides it's best to leave. I think Lee Da Hae is making the right choice for herself. She is an actor after all. Even if you are being paid loads of money, what's the point if you don't feel like you've earned it.

It must have been frustrating for her because this project had been planned for years and she had been waiting around for it for so long. I remember when it was announced that she was going to do a drama with SSH and they were going to go to Turkey but that never fanned out and she had to take on Hello Miss then Robbers then they brought her back to play this role with SSH and it comes out to nothing since she's playing such a minor character. It's doesn't seem fair.

Guest lantawmako

Now I am wondering is this really what the original writer (NYS) wanted? Who is changing the script to reduce the romance? The new writer? The executive who cares about rating only?

Wherever and whoever the blame goes, the bottom line is LDH turned out to be the bigger person here. MBC should also apologize.

Guest imogene_af

I guess she will go on with her career with THAT consequence. Producers will now think if she'll back out again, but for me her decisions cannot be demonized at all. Anyone who witnessed her character in EoE should have a slight understanding.

this is all going to be in the hands of the audience. whether they sympathize, or be forgiving or whatever. Her career is basically in their hands. That's why I think it's best to lie-low now.

joicy - wonder how we'll see bye bye to MHR? :lol: Gawd, now my dreams do have a meaning!!

Guest Happy_Day

It seems LDH liked the new writer. She said something like how the new writer said he/she "understood her" and was okay with her leaving, and LDH expressed her gratitude. LOL seems like a hidden stab at the old writer too. By the way, I never knew the writer was changing!

Guest imogene_af

It seems LDH liked the new writer. She said something like how the new writer said he/she "understood her" and was okay with her leaving, and LDH expressed her gratitude. LOL seems like a hidden stab at the old writer. By the way, I never knew the writer was changing!

She liked the old writer in her past interviews, like really high regard for her even back when she had zilch scenes. :lol: I think she was just really grateful to the new writer because he understood (and no law suit for her?). I'm guessing the writer had a way to write her out.

Old writer left because of constant ER rushes. (LDH actually relates to her A LOT, she likes NYS)

Guest purpledoll

What she needs to do now is pick out a project and be awesome! Show EoE that they lost someone great. The best revenge is to live well, or something like that.

Just my conspiracy theory, maybe the original writer has great plots written for MHR (that's why she was able to pursuade LDH to take the role), but then MBC demand the plots to take on a different directions due to some business reasons. So the original writer was pushed to change the script and with too much pressure, she got sick and cannot/do not want to continue with it anymore.

joicy - wonder how we'll see bye bye to MHR? :lol: Gawd, now my dreams do have a meaning!!

What do you have in your mind? How could we expect more when we have the ending in mind? I mean, they can give us a fabulous farewell but it is not justified. Never. Because we know the reason why Hye Rin has to go. Oh, I don't want to see it.

I cried at your siggy, please, can't look into her eyes. :(

I am too tired and sad , not wanting to post anything in EOE thread. This quitting reminds me that HJH also got very little screen time recently, only after PHJ was back then she has more, but, only asking MH questions and worrying. I hope that they give her more time and more dimension in next episodes. Someone commented in EOE that she looked "flat" and, I am so hurtful, but have to agree. That's what they asked her to do. She does not have many thing to be complex. It's disappointed to see a bad actress on screen, when these two actresses, very talent but kept at minimum presence.