So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

*** New character stills were released for So Ji-sub who returned with a new face in "Confession-2020". Yoo Min-ho, played by So Ji-sub, faces a once-in-a-lifetime crisis as he becomes the sole suspect in a murder in a closed room overnight from a promising businessman. He protests that he did not kill himself and that there was someone else at the scene, and he joins hands with Yang Sin-ae, a lawyer with a win rate of 100%, to prove his innocence. For him, Yoo Min-ho was never an easy challenge. The film will be released on October 26th.  :cheers:

photo1552274.jpg

source : Hancinema

23 Most-Rated K-Dramas Of All Time On Viki

Viki has been bringing K-drama lovers quality content for many years now. The love and appreciation that viewers have for an inclusive platform that is able to provide accessibility to various shows has been endless. With the long history of Viki and K-dramas, there are certain titles that prove to be consistently popular. These K-dramas have garnered over 100,000 ratings each, showing that these dramas have been the most popular among Viki users over the years. Here are those 23 dramas!

Ratings are as of September 16.

14. “Oh My Venus” (2015~2016)
139,773 ratings / ★9.7

oh-my-venus.jpeg

So Ji Sub stars in “Oh My Venus” as a hotshot trainer named Kim Young Ho, while Shin Min Ah plays a lawyer named Kang Joo Eun who wants to lose weight. Young Ho ends up falling in love with Joo Eun, and the two engage in a passionate romance.

When you think hot and steamy OTP’s, Shin Min Ah and So Ji Sub definitely take the cake. Their chemistry is palpable.

And with the scenes of the two working out and doing judo together on the mat, it’s no wonder people loved the series so much! There are also a few supporting actors who gained recognition through this series and are popular today, which only emphasizes how much love love it has received over the years.

Check out the first episode here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 3 weeks later...

*** The Korean Cultural Centre UK (KCCUK) announced TODAY, Thursday that it will host the London Korean Film Festival from Nov. 3 to 27, showcasing a total of 44 Korean films. The festival will be held in nine theatres in London and others in Manchester and Glasgow. The opening film for the festival will be “Alienoid”.   :heart:

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** As part of the promotion for his upcoming movie, "Confession", SJS will appear on tvN show, "You Quiz On the Block". The show features the candid everyday lives of the guests by chatting and with pop quizzes. Looking forward what kind of talk he will have with the hosts of the program. Accordingly, the EP that will feature him is scheduled to air in October. "Confession" will be released on October 26.   :emmm:

source : xportsnews / sports donga

*** So Jisub released some adorable photos from his past. He updated his Instagram with four new photos. Surprisingly, there was only a slight difference between his current self and him back then. He has the same appearance, unlike some that change a lot.  His facial features did not seem to have changed much at all since then.   :yay:

So Jisub

So Jisub

So Jisub

Spoiler

So Jisub

photo source : SBS Star

The 25 Most-Viewed Korean Entertainment Wikipedia Pages In September 2022

25. Alienoid

In September, this article received 130.3k total views (averaging about 4.3k views per day). Here is what it opens up with:

“Alienoid is a 2022 South Korean science fantasy action film directed by Choi Dong-hoon, starring Ryu Jun Yeol, Kim Woo Bin, and Kim Tae Ri. The film depicts an extraordinary story that unfolds as the gates of time open between late Goryeo and the present in 2022, when aliens appear.”

*** In the trailer for “You Quiz on the Block”, a one-minute short trailer was released Oct 10th, So Ji-sub revealed that it was his first time appearing on a talk show. This is the first time he has appeared as a talk show guest. In fact, he could not hide his tension. Sitting on the chair in an awkward position, he fell backwards in an instant and sweated. Seeing this, Yoo Jae-suk and Jo Se-ho hurriedly lifted him up. Yoo Jae-suk teased him, “You’re ‘So Ganzi’, why are you doing this?” He also revealed his recent status, saying that he is working as a movie investor because he wants to introduce good independent films. This EP will air at 8:40 PM tomorrow night Oct 12th.   :twerk2:

so-ji-sub-10102022-1.webp

so-ji-sub-10102022-4.webp

photos source : Kbizoom

*** SJS has spoken about his career, music, and blind dates on “You Quiz on the Block” during yesterday's, October 12th broadcast. So Ji Sub appeared as one of the guests. Host Yoo Jae Suk recalled that he used to compete in and dominate national competitions as a swimmer, of which he shared, “I swam until high school and ranked in No. 4 ahead of my last national championships in 12th grade. If I won a medal in this competition, then I’d be confirmed to go to college. Luckily, I placed in third. I confirmed my college and was given three months of free time before enrolling, so I was thinking about what I should do. I had a friend who attended an acting academy and they suggested I become a model for jeans.” Yoo Jae Suk asked if it was true that Won Bin and Song Seung Heon were also at this audition and So Ji Sub responded, “I don’t remember too well but Seung Heon told me that Won Bin was also there. At the time that I debuted, the men who were the most popular were Jang Dong Gun, Han Jae Suk, and Song Seung Heon. They all had defined double eyelids and handsome faces. When I went to auditions, [they said] ‘You can’t.’ I heard a lot of the phrase ‘Don’t become an actor." At first, it was really hard. When I began, it wasn’t like I had an aptitude for it. I was incredibly shy and found it uncomfortable to speak in front of others so when I said I was going to act, everyone around me said that I wouldn’t be able to do it for long. My first goal was to earn money as the head of the family. I wondered, ‘How will we eat and live?’ I had to become the breadwinner and lead [my family]. That’s why I pressured and blamed myself and I think that has remained until now. [The burden] has become lighter than in the past, but still. There’s a very specific reason why I released an album. In a space to meet fans, I kept wanting to show something. However, greeting them with other people’s songs made me think, ‘I kind of wish this was my song.’ I began making my own songs because I like hip hop. At first, my fans had a hard time, but eventually, I think they began to pretend they enjoyed it.” Regarding copyright fees that he earns from music, So Ji Sub revealed, “I went to the bank recently and tried getting it organized. In one month, I get about 15,000 won to 20,000 won [approximately $10 to $14].” “You Quiz on the Block” airs every Wednesday at 8:40 p.m. KST. On October 26, So Ji Sub’s new film “Confession” will hit theaters.   :kaching1:

1-2.jpg

source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111964406

*** So Jisub shared a short amusing story that he had a blind date with a famous female celebrity, Hong Jinkyung in the past during October 12th episode of tvN's 'You Quiz on the Block'.  So Jisub shared his interesting past.  So Jisub explained, "While I was MCing a show program with Jeong Seonhee, I was asked what my ideal type would be like." At that time, he had mentioned Hollywood actress Olivia Hussey as his ideal type, and when Jeong Seonhee arranged a blind date for him, she brought Hong Jinkyung without saying anything first to him.

So Jisub then revealed the hilarious reason behind the blind date: Jeong Seonhee had mistaken Olivia Hussey for the cartoon character Popeye's girlfriend 'Olive', and brought Hong Jinkyung to the blind date. Upon hearing the hilarious story, Yoo Jaesuk, who is close to Hong Jinkyung, called her to ask her about the incident and Hong Jinkyung drew laughter by saying, "It's not Jeong Seonhee's fault, it's because I begged her to not say it was me before the blind date."  

:surprisedwut:

20221013_054551_770_ojisub.jpg

20221013_054726_656_nyoung.jpg

photos source : Gstarlive

4 Korean on-screen couples swooned the audience without a kissing scene: Lee Jong Suk and Yoona secured the number 1 spot

The chemistry of these couples was what attracted viewers and led them to believe in their love. 

4. So Ji Sub – Kim Ji Won

oen sunny day

“One Sunny Day” surrounds Kim Ji Ho (So Ji Sub), a man with a troubled past who came to Jeju to realize his project. His life took a turn when he met a special girl (Kim Ji Won). The duo was robbed so they had to spend the night in the same guest house, sparking new and special feelings between them. Despite being a romance, “One Sunny Day” did not contain any kissing scenes. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : K14

So Ji Sub, Kim Yoon Jin, And Nana’s Upcoming Film “Confession” Introduces 3 Reasons To Anticipate The Premiere

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The release of So Ji Sub, Kim Yoon Jin, and Nana’s upcoming film is just around the corner!

“Confession” is a story revolving around a suspect of a murder case and his lawyer as they uncover the truth behind the murder. So Ji Sub plays Yoo Min Ho, the president of a promising IT company who is the top suspect of a murder case. Kim Yoon Jin stars as Yoo Min Ho’s lawyer Yang Shin Ae who digs for the truth in order to keep her title as the lawyer with a 100 percent winning rate. Nana takes the role of Kim Se Hee, the person who holds the key to the truth.

Read on to find out three reasons to watch the film:

Spoiler

1. A case reconstructed based on the sharp dialogue between suspect and lawyer

The main pillar of the film is the conversation between Yoo Min Ho, who claims innocence, and Yang Shin Ae, a lawyer who reconstructs the case based on his statements. Yoo Min Ho reveals everything to clear himself of the false charge, and Yang Shin Ae reconstructs the case by filling in the holes found in his statement, creating tension in the story. Although all the evidence points to him as the culprit, Yoo Min Ho tries to take the lead in the situation, and Yang Shin Ae uses his psychology to devise a perfect scenario to prove Yoo Min Ho’s innocence and uncover the hidden truth. The tense psychological warfare and suffocating dialogue between the two are the pivotal points of the film, and every time lawyer Yang Shin Ae reconstructs the case, the audience will face a big turning point in the film.

confession_still.jpeg

2. Stand-out performances from the star-studded cast

So Ji Sub, Kim Yoon Jin, Nana, and Choi Kwang Il, who create the perfect ensemble together, will showcase exceptional acting synergy. So Ji Sub, who took on the challenge of a suspense thriller film for the first time, breathes life into the character Yoo Min Ho as he desperately works to clear himself of a murder charge and retrace the case. From emotional fluctuations to the movement of his eyes, So Ji Sub meticulously portrayed his character in great detail.

The queen of thrillers Kim Yoon Jin shows off her acting skills through her portrayal of Yang Shin Ae, a level-headed and competent lawyer. Kim Yoon Jin perfectly designed everything about her character ahead of filming including her emotions, the direction of her gaze, and her facial expressions that vary depending on the situation which will consistently provide audiences with a strong sense of immersion.

Nana, who is building up a solid background and filmography as an actress, plays Kim Se Hee who holds the key to Yoo Min Ho’s case. Nana will showcase her acting skills and new sides of herself through Kim Se Hee, who shows various faces and personalities in response to Yoo Min Ho’s statements.

Last but not least, Choi Kwang Il, who has a strong presence regardless of genre, plays Han Young Seok, who digs up another case. Choi Kwang Il, who has completely immersed in his character, will deliver intense suspense to the audience.

confession_cast.jpeg

3. A well-made thriller that goes back and forth between thrills and twists

“Confession” is a well-made suspense thriller created by Realize Pictures Co., Ltd., which produced projects that surpassed 10 million moviegoers including “Masquerade” and the “Along with the Gods” series, and a veteran production team as well as the delicate and meticulous storyteller-and-director Yoon Jong Seok.

As the story unfolds in a limited space and set, the production team conducted both individual and group script readings over 10 times to grasp the actors’ movements, expressions, gestures, and tones of voices, and the team actively reflected those aspects in the scenario and storyline from the pre-production stage. In order to capture the chill in the winter air, they also put their hearts into selecting appropriate filming locations. To remove the warm feeling of hardwood furniture, the art team even used gray tone woods and cold-colored props to decorate the spaces.

The filming method gives the audience the feeling of watching from a close distance, while the lighting maximizes the unexpected turn of events and emotions by adjusting the color tone according to the speaker’s gaze. “Confession,” which took great contemplation and effort, will create greater immersion with an intense and realistic mise-en-scène and well-made production.

location.jpeg

“Confession” will hit theaters on October 26. Check out the teaser here!

credit : soompi news

*** So Jisub shared that he was often told he did not have the face of an actor at auditions in his early debut days. He shared this when he made a guest appearance in episode of the show 'You Quiz on the Block'. During the talk, he shared he initially did not plan on entering this industry.  :blush:

201710218_1280.jpg

photo source : SBS Star

*** Nana talks about her experience filming a movie "Confession" and her reaction upon seeing it for the first time. She attended the press conference and preview of the movie along with the director and co-stars So Ji Sub and Kim Yoon Jin. Its big screen release is on October 26. However, before the festivals and theatrical release, the movie finished its production in 2020 unfortunately, the release was delayed due to the pandemic. Nana mentioned that she looked so young at the time of the production. hahaha - She pointed out that she is "grateful and moved" to be acting alongside So Ji Sub.   :7555_attack:

confession.jpg?w=600?w=650

confession-press-conference.jpg?w=600?w=

photos source : Kdramastars

*** SJS conducted an interview for the movie “Confession” yesterday, Oct 19th. During the interview, he mentioned Cho Eun-jung, for the first time in public, his wife. When asked about marriage on this day, he replied, “I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. I’m so happy that I got married. My wife is great. After getting married, I actually feel more secure. Insomnia is gone, and I’m a little more mature psychologically. I really want to recommend marriage to people around me.”  He informed that his wife would go to the premiere of his movie. In addition, he shared a story, “Actually, I gained weight (because I felt comfortable) after getting married. But I was sorry that I couldn’t eat with my wife since I was on a diet. We ate together in the beginning, then I couldn’t control it.”  The film will be

released on Oct 26th.    :Woah:

so-ji-sub-confession-18102022-1.webp

source : https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2222733

So Ji-sub talks marriage, starring in suspense thriller 'Confession'

Actor So Ji-sub/ Courtesy of 51k

Actor shares mixed feelings about K-content boom

By Kwak Yeon-soo

For actor So Ji-sub, marrying his wife, TV personality Cho Eun-jeong, has changed his priorities in life. The actor, who tied the knot in 2020 at the age of 43, opened up about how his life has changed for good after he got married.

"It's been really wonderful. I feel more emotionally stable and my insomnia disappeared after marriage. I absolutely recommend marriage," he said during an interview with The Korea Times, Wednesday.

So has had a long and expansive career, effortlessly shifting from romance to period drama to action films. For the first time in his 28-year career, the actor made his first foray into the thriller genre, which he said was an exciting experience for him.

Adapted from the 2017 Spanish film, "The Invisible Guest," "Confession" follows a wealthy man named Yoo Min-ho (So) who is suspected of killing his mistress (Nana) in a hotel room where only the two of them were present. Claiming his innocence, Yoo hires a talented lawyer named Yang Sin-ae (Kim Yun-jin) who only agrees to represent him if he tells her exactly what happened.

"I was looking for a project that's different from what I've done. I was gripped by the script. I thought I could try something new with this film as I have never worked in a thriller genre before," he said.

The actor also credited director Yoon Jong-seok.

"Director Yoon's script was very cleverly written. His version was so meticulously crafted based on the original version and he added a little flairs that tied into our film. That's why I chose the film," he said.

The cat-and-mouse dynamic between the two and a series of flashbacks present different theories of what really happened in that hotel room.

"What I liked the most about my character is that Yoo Min-ho keeps on making choices that send him down a destructive path. He is not born evil. Yoo's attempt to evade responsibility for his actions ultimately leads to his downfall," he said.

Although doing a mystery murder thriller was adrenaline-inducing, he had nightmares about being attacked or being chased.

"Making it was a great experience. I was intrigued by the thriller genre. Strangely, however, I kept having disturbing dreams until we wrapped up shooting," he said.

Actor So Ji-sub in a scene from the film "Confession" / Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

The cramped setting where the movie was filmed and close-up shots also ramped up tension.

"The scenes that take place at a remote cottage were shot in a hotel room. Because of the relatively small space, it was quite suffocating," he said.

So also mentioned starring alongside Kim and Nana.

"I was thrilled to partner with Kim. The way she dedicates to her craft as a professional is something I would really like to imbibe as an actor," he said. "Nana had such a great energy for the role that helped us create a powerful dynamic."

In his older age, So has learned to prioritize what matters most in life.

"When I was younger, I strived for individual success and considered my personal success as the most important thing in life. Now that I'm older, I genuinely hope my co-stars and film crew who I work with will be in a better position by collaborating with me. Succeeding together is what matters to me now," he said.

"Confession" was shot two years ago, but it took a long time to get the project out in front of audiences due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I'm glad that this is getting a theatrical release when many of the ready-made films are going to streamers. I understand that especially now, when there's so much competition not just with other films but with streaming platforms, it's hard to get people's attention. But I hope our film is well-received by fans," he said.

So said he wishes audiences to stay curious about his next steps.

"I want people to take a look at my transformation as an actor and stay curious about me," he said.

"Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my age. I can't compete with younger male leads who are in their 20s or 30s, but it's a relief that our careers can go beyond 40 years of age. Actors Jang Dong-gun and Song Seung-heon inspire me to keep on challenging myself as an actor."

Actors So Ji-sub, right, and Kim Yun-jin in a scene from the film "Confession" / Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

He also shared his thoughts about the global popularity of Korean content.

"I have mixed feelings about the K-content boom. I'm proud of it, but on the other hand, I'm worried about basic quality control. We need to keep on making creative, high-quality content in order to make this phenomenon last long," he said.

Reflecting on his filmography, he picked three all-time favorite projects.

"Through SBS' drama 'Something Happened in Bali,' I discovered the joy of acting; through KBS2's 'I'm Sorry, I Love You' I became a popular star; and film 'Rough Cut' gave me the courage to shift to filmmaking," he said.

Asked what characters or genres he wants to play in the future, So said he wishes fellow directors to find something new in him.

"I think I need some help with that. I hope directors see something new in me and extract that part of me for their films," he said.

"Confession" hits local theaters, Oct. 26.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/10/689_338268.html

*** SJS also aid, “It’s true that I fell in love with my wife at first sight. As we age, love doesn’t always look like hearts and roses, but I thought I would regret it if I didn’t confess my feelings for her back then.” When asked whether she likes to watch his films and series, he replied, “She isn’t a big fan of watching dramas, but I think she still watches mine. She’s

definitely seen Master’s Sun, but I don’t know about I’m Sorry, I Love You.”   :rubchin:

20221019154420249nlpl.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20221019154402672?x_trkm=t

[Herald Interview] Top star So Ji-sub tired of playing good guys

Top Korean actor So Ji-sub said he was tired of playing good guys in TV dramas and movies when he got the script for “Confession,” directed by Yoon Jong-seok.

“It has been a while since I started playing lead roles. All the protagonists have something in common. They are mostly nice guys. But this character was not, and that was appealing to me,” So said during an interview with a group of local reporters on Wednesday.

“At the time I really wanted to play a new role that does not overlap with my previous ones. I am always up for challenges and there are so many different roles that I hope to play," he added.

The project was also new to him as he had never performed in a crime-thriller film.

“Confession” is a remake of the 2017 Spanish film "The Invisible Guest," directed by Oriol Paulo. The Korean film tells the story of tech CEO Yoo, who is a suspect in the murder of Kim Se-hee (Nana).

To prove his innocence, Yoo meets up with Yang Sin-ae (Kim Yun-jin), a talented lawyer, at a remote hut. There, the lawyer insists that she will only represent him if he trusts her and tells her everything that happened in the hotel room where Se-hee died. Yang also adds that only then can she construct a credible alibi for him to win the case in court.

So said he especially liked his character Yoo Min-ho because he was not a villain who came out of nowhere.

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/10/20/20221020000551_0.jpg
“Confession,” starring So Ji-sub (Lotte Entertainment)

“From the beginning, he is having an affair, so he is not a good person. But I did not think of him as a person who could kill someone. He made some wrong choices -- one after another. In the end, they pile up and he becomes a villain,” he said.

Since the movie tells its story mainly through conversations between the CEO and lawyer in the hut, the actor said they had to practice the script thoroughly in a way that he had never done before in order to create an intensity between two characters talking in a limited space.

“We took a lot of time reading through the script. I first met with Yoon one-on-one and read the script together. During this process, we added some and scrapped some lines. Kim Yun-jin also did the same thing. Then we all got together and went over the script together several times,” So said.

Asked whether he felt any added pressure being in a remake film, So said he did not.

“I watched the original movie after reading the script. To be honest, I did not have pressure doing a remake project because I have experience doing ‘Be With You,’ which is a remake of a much more famous film,” the actor said. “Also this movie has the same framework as the original film, but there were important changes made to it.”

“Be With You” is a 2018 Korean romance film starring So and Son Ye-jin. The film is a remake of the 2004 Japanese film of the same title.

During the interview, So took time to talk about what he has learned as an actor in his 28-year career.

“What I have learned is that I cannot work alone. I need to get some help from the staff and co-stars and also vice versa. So helping others is really important,” he said. “As long as I can play lead roles, I want to support those directors and staff as much as I can and use my star power to create more opportunities for them.”

The actor also talked about how he deals with hardships as an actor.

“Whenever I feel like I am in a slump, I watch ‘I'm Sorry, I Love You’ again. I filmed that drama with all my passion for acting. So watching it brings me energy,” he said. “And that drama has a special place in my heart because it is with that drama that I made myself known as 'actor So Ji-sub.'”

“I'm Sorry, I Love You” is a 2004 KBS drama series starring So Ji-sub and Im Soo-jung.

“Confession” hits local theaters on Wednesday.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

*** For the first time, So Ji Sub is playing a shady lead character in the movie "Confession". The role was a welcome change to him since he claimed he was tired of playing good guys in K-Dramas and movies. Although doing this mystery thriller was a great experience, he shared that he experienced having disturbing dreams of being attacked until they wrapped up shooting. Most of the movie was shot in a small-spaced setting. This cramped set and close-up shots heightened the tension, such that he admitted it was suffocating. "Confession" was shot two years ago and was delayed for its theater showing due to the pandemic. So he is happy that his movie will finally be shown. "Confession"

will be shown in theaters on October 26.   :rubchin:

M7ixj7vEAwWWwCj8pOGSiEs8B__FhownJ7UKc8b4

photo source : Koreaboo