So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

*** I'm sad that this won't be shown via Viki and Netflix. It is on Disney Plus, that does not allow it to be shown in North America.  :heart2:

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Upcoming Drama “Doctor Lawyer”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

MBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Lawyer” is already highly anticipated!

“Doctor Lawyer” is a new drama about a genius surgeon who becomes a medical malpractice lawyer after losing everything due to a rigged surgery and a prosecutor who loses her only family and lover through that same surgery.

Together, they set out to punish those who believe that the importance of a person’s life can be ranked based on their wealth and power.

In what will mark his first drama role in four years, So Ji Sub will be starring as the titular medical malpractice lawyer Han Yi Han, who changed careers after a devastating incident in the operating room. Im Soo Hyang will star as Geum Seok Young, a passionate prosecutor who believes firmly in justice. Shin Sung Rok will be taking on the role of the mysterious Jayden Lee, the head of the Asian branch of Honors Hand, a company specializing in lobby and investment.

With just a few days left until its premiere, here are three reasons why drama fans are looking forward to “Doctor Lawyer”!

Spoiler

1. The return of So Ji Sub

So Ji Sub’s appearance in “Doctor Lawyer” will be his first drama role in four years. Playing a doctor-turned-lawyer, he is determined to give a realistic portrayal of both professions. Drama fans have already praised his performance in a previously released teaser, citing his intense acting and commanding presence. All eyes are on So Ji Sub and how he will captivate viewers through his starring role.

So-Ji-Sub-31.jpeg

2. The combination of two genres

Just as the title implies, the drama will combine elements of both medical and law dramas. These genres alone already provide a sense of thrill, and this tense atmosphere will only escalate when they are combined as one. In addition to this, the fast-paced developments and whirlwind of a storyline will only serve to heighten the suspense. “Doctor Lawyer” is certain to be a drama that will keep everyone’s eyes glued to the screen.

3. So Ji Sub, Im Soo Hyang, and Shin Sung Rok’s synergy

So Ji Sub is joined by the impressive and Shin Sung Rok and the versatile Im Soo Hyung to create a charismatic trio that will lead the drama. Shin Sung Rok is an actor who leaves an impact with his unique acting style no matter the role. Meanwhile, Im Soo Hyang excels in immersing viewers with her performance in numerous genres such as melodrama, comedy, and suspense. Together with So Ji Sub, this trio is sure deliver a thrilling performance!

Im-Soo-Hyang-5.jpeg

Shin-Sung-Rok.jpeg

“Doctor Lawyer” premieres on June 3 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

credit : soompi news

*** According to a report, Son Ye JIn played as matchmaker in SJS's life. She bridged him and Cho Eun Jung his wife. Son Ye Jin and So Ji Sub starred in the drama "Be With You." This is interesting. MC Cho Eun Jung said that she first saw

So Ji Sub during the filming of the movie and both of them had a good impression of each other.  :Woah:

son-ye-jin-for-elle-korea.jpg?w=600?w=65

photo source : Kdramastars

4 Legal K-Dramas To Release This Year: ‘Big Mouse,’ ‘Love According to the Law,’ More

As we are about to enter the second half of 2022, there are still numerous compelling and exciting legal K-dramas to anticipate until the end of this year. These court series also have sub-genres of romance, suspense, and comedy that will surely be enjoyed by viewers and star the biggest stars in the entertainment industry. 

From Lee Jong Suk's "Big Mouse" to Lee Seung Gi's "Love According to the Law", K-Drama fans should add this names of series for their next binge-watch sessions.

'Doctor Lawyer'

So Ji Sub, who was in an almost four-year drama hiatus is now decorating the primetime with his new series. "Doctor Lawyer" is a medical-legal drama about a genius surgeon, who has become a lawyer after he loses everything after a critical operation and a meticulous prosecutor who is in charge of medical crimes. Lim Soo Hyang and Shin Sung Rok will join the event with actor So Ji Sub. 

doctor-lawyer.jpg?w=600?w=650

It's a Monday-Friday MBC series that will start airing this May 27 at 10 p.m. (KST).

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/125152/20220528/5-legal-k-dramas-release-this-year-big-mouse-love-according-to-the-law-more.htm

*** Many years ago, So Ji Sub drove everyone to tears with his tragic role in “Glass Slippers”. It was this drama that was his stepping stone to stardom, and it was in this particular role that retained him into the mind of the public. And when it comes to Korean actors who marry extremely late, he will always be a prime candidate. He only married 2 years ago to his wife who's 17 years younger than him. Compared to other similar-aged male actors who always seem to be dating or have dating rumors, So Ji Sub’s love life remains a clean slate, except for his first love,  the actress Kim Hyun Joo who's  his co-star in “Glass Slippers”. Throughout his decades-long career, So Ji Sub only got involved with 2 women – his current wife Cho Eun Jung and his first love Kim Hyun Joo. While the romance between him and his current wife was officially announced, his relationship with Kim Hyun Joo happened silently. They got together way before “Glass Slippers”, when both were aspiring actors with nothing to their name. He described his ideal type as : “I like girls with beautiful legs, long hair, and around 5’5 (168cm).“ He is among the most iconic Korean male celebrities with numerous hits. His bestfriend was the late Park Yong Ha where they entered the acting industry around the same time. “We were extremely close. I couldn’t understand why he took such a drastic measure despite me always being there for him”,

he shared in an interview much later.  :surprisedwut:

So-Ji-Sub-13042022.jpg

so-ji-sub-2.jpg

photos source : lovekpop95.com

*** On June 3rd, MBC’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Doctor Lawyer” has premiered at 9:50 pm KST. SJS plays the main character Han Yi Han in the drama and receives the most public interest and expectations. He is considered one of the best actors in Korea. He has everything from acting skills, and rating success, to buzz. This is because he is a versatile actor who can pull off different genres. His on-screen presence is sometimes sweet, sometimes intense. There was a year when he won two important awards at the same time, Top Excellence Award and Grand Prize (Daesang), for his performance in “My Secret Terrius.” He has boasted a variety of charms and acting transformations through each drama, so public expectations are high for “Doctor Lawyer”, his 1st return to the small screen in 4-years. The labels “Korea’s best actor”, “grand actor”, and “trustworthy actor” are not enough to describe him . He is an actor who has the power to

captivate the public with his charm and acting skills that go beyond a series of fancy nicknames.   :wut:

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

*** MBC’s “Doctor Lawyer” stills from the second episode! In one photo, Han Yi Han was performing surgery with Goo Jin Ki. The next still shows him talking to someone in an enclosed space. Last but not least, Han Yi Han was wearing a

prison uniform. His acting was so good in episode 2. This EP was aired on June 4 at 9:50 p.m. KST.  :shaq:

Doctor-Lawyer-1.jpeg

So-Ji-Sub.jpeg

So-Ji-Sub-2.jpeg

photos source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=382&aid=0000984146

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors! The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between May 5 to June 6. SJS is on 26th.....   :7555_attack:

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=3&simg=2022060

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202206050856337688499def050a_30

So Ji-sub returns to small screen with 'Doctor Lawyer'

Actor So Ji-sub poses during an online press conference for the MBC's new medical legal series, 'Doctor Lawyer,' Friday. Courtesy of MBC
Actor So Ji-sub poses during an online press conference for the MBC's new medical legal series, "Doctor Lawyer," Friday. Courtesy of MBC

By Lee Gyu-lee

Actor So Ji-sub has made his return to the small screen with MBC's new medical legal series, "Doctor Lawyer," about four years since the action series, "My Secret Terrius," which won him the grand prize at the 2018 MBC Drama Awards.

The new series, which kicked off on Friday with a 5.2-percent viewership rating, revolves around a genius surgeon, Han Yi-han. About five years after one of his patients died during surgery, he becomes a lawyer, specializing in medical litigation.

While helping those suffering from medical malpractice and negligence, he tries to find the truth behind the surgery that changed his life and seek revenge on whoever is responsible for it.

The 16-part series is led by director Lee Yong-suk, who helmed the hit historical drama, "Iljimae," (2008), and is scripted by Jang Hong-cheol, who wrote the suspense series, "Class of Lies" (2019).

"Not only was the script intriguing, but it was also interesting that Han Yi-han has two professions: a doctor and a lawyer," the actor said during an online press conference for the series, Friday. "It sounds like two different jobs but they are similar. Doctors save people's lives in operating rooms, and lawyers do the same in courts. I came to think that I made the right choice (by joining) as I filmed the series."

Actor So Ji-sub poses during an online press conference for the MBC's new medical legal series, 'Doctor Lawyer,' Friday. Courtesy of MBC
A scene from the series, "Doctor Lawyer" / Courtesy of MBC

The actor shared that he had difficulty preparing for the role of an expert in both the medical and legal professions.

"It was difficult. I needed a lot of practice to portray a character that had two professional backgrounds to look natural," he said. "I didn't think the terms were difficult but once I started to speak the lines, it was harder. It didn't sound natural … I rarely went to libraries to study when I was young but I went there to study and memorize scripts (for this series)."

When asked if he feels any pressure as this is the first series he took part in since winning his first top award from a major network, he thanked his co-stars, Im Soo-hyang and Shin Sung-rok.

"Not necessarily because I've won the grand prize, but I always feel nervous when I present my work (to the audience)," he said. "But luckily, I've met great actors and staff to make this series, so it feels less nervous than I've always been."

"Doctor Lawyer" airs on MBC Friday and Saturday at 9:50 p.m.

credit : Korea Times

*** The first two episodes of "Doctor Lawyer" showed how genius surgeon Han Yi Han (So Ji Sub) ended up becoming a medical malpractice lawyer due to a carefully plotted medical accident. In the meantime, I'm sharing here the photos during presscon.  :Fist1:

0000082513_003_20220603155802354.jpg0000082511_001_20220603155101644.jpg0000082511_002_20220603155101692.jpg

Spoiler

0000082511_003_20220603155101739.jpg0000082513_001_20220603155802228.jpg0000550730_001_20220603155602513.jpg

0000082513_002_20220603155802283.jpg0001218496_001_20220603155501427.jpg

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images in one post! Thanks!

*** “Doctor Lawyer” shared new stills previewing the upcoming episode tonight! “Han Yi Han, Jayden Lee, Geum Seok Young, and Goo Hyun Sung will face each other in episode 5 that airs today. Episode 5 of the drama will air at 9:50 p.m. KST.  :coolshades:

So-Ji-Sub1.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003566375