Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

10 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Ranking for Premiere rating of K-Dramas for these five years. LOTBS 16.4% is TOP1.

And LOTBS 21% also was TOP1 of Wed/Thu Dramas and the only one over 20% for 2017 :

水木剧
170119SBS《蓝色大海的传说》21%
170315KBS《金科长》18.4%
170126SBS《师仁堂》16.3%

Remark : Above are all TV rating in Korea.

cr 我喜欢说什么就说什么

You said "Ranking for Premiere rating of K-Dramas for these five years. LOTBS 16.4% is TOP1." Is it TV rating in Korea? But that cannot be, DOTS, Goblin, and Heirs were higher than that in the past 5 years, even maybe Dr. Kim, correct?

In 2017, it was top for Wed/Thurs only but not for the whole week though. Right?

14 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Some Chinese (Mainland China) Minoz found that LOTBS and other K-dramas were on China Iqiyi now. It seems K-dramas can be aired on steams again. But heard that it was Yukoo bought the right of LOTBS, don't know why Iqiyi not Yukoo

Since Yukoo bought the rights, do we have statistics and ranking for LOTBS in Yukoo?

19 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Back to PT, I think it is an underrated LMH drama.  I'm not sure if the reason is that it followed BOF or it's the subject matter.  for whatever reason, it isn't mentioned when we talk about LMH dramas.  

I agree and think it is underrated too. It has got an original topic about gays, and it is quite superior to many of the other dramas today which gets higher ratings. I am surprised it is not more popular but PT has got its fans. There are a number of fans who like LMH because of PT. I did like his hairstyle here, much better than GJP though it is dated today. Kae In is a ding dong and SJI did a good job in the potrayal. I did find Kae In exasperating like JJH :lol:. I enjoyed PT when I saw it the first time and could not understand why Dramabeans found some flaws with the drama. I thought it was really well done and had no real criticism for the drama. The flow was good, the story and scenes well done. Everyone played their part well. I thought it was one of the better and more interesting dramas and surprised it was not more popular. I agree with Javabeans that JJH is different from GJP and LMH does not try to be GJP again in this drama. He is completely different which is great and refreshing.

The first episode sets the stage for the misunderstanding that JJH is gay. It is interlaced very nicely and I would have thought he was gay too if I observed those situations which is hilarous. LMH is funny by acting serious in those funny situations. The way he thinks of Kae In, being clueless, dense but he still feels sorry for her, knowing what he knows and being exasperated by her denseness. Good start. At the beginning, even upright, he is not above using tactics and making use of others as we see later. He is not perfect.

• Like 6

This is the first time that I would be watching Personal Taste. So it's interesting to see LMH portray a gay role here. I think it's brave of him to take on this role, after reaching a flower boy status with his BOF stint. Considering that Korea is a conservative country where homosexuality remains largely taboo, it was only in the past decade that South Koreans have become significantly more accepting of homosexuality. And PT may only be the second prime-time mainstream drama to have a gay theme (next to the first one which also aired in 2010). Maybe these were the reasons why  PT was underrated. Nevertheless, it's 2017, and the fandom of LMH reaches beyond the shores of South Korea. So here we are.

There are somewhat similarities between the characters of Junpyo and Jin ho, but early on, we can see how LMH has a different take on Jin Ho's, "sensible, and cool without being heartless" character. With regards to his hair, yeah, he can do better with his sideburns. On Kae In's character, yes, Son Ye-jin did a great job. I can see her onscreen chemistry with LMH.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

You said "Ranking for Premiere rating of K-Dramas for these five years. LOTBS 16.4% is TOP1." Is it TV rating in Korea? But that cannot be, DOTS, Goblin, and Heirs were higher than that in the past 5 years, even maybe Dr. Kim, correct?

First episode rating of K-dramas LOBS the highest rating for five years

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CallieP said:

In 2017, it was top for Wed/Thurs only but not for the whole week though. Right?

Since Yukoo bought the rights, do we have statistics and ranking for LOTBS in Yukoo?

1. That's TV rating of only first episode. There's news reported that the Premiere rating 16.4% of LOTBS breaking the record of 4 years last year. And now another 1 year passed, no drama got 16.4% for its 1st episode in 2017. The Premiere rating is totally reflecting the popularity of the actors, and then the rating may be higher or lower based on the story, acting, directing, and etc.

2. Yukoo bought the right, but have not put on streams even now due to the Hallyu ban.

Another good news, Amore Group got RMB 3.87 billion sales revenue and 53% more than last year on 20171111 (one day) in China.

Spoiler

005DCUQYly1flfmh5tlcgj30yi11pn15.jpg

innisfree got 1.35 billion and was the only one over RMB 1 billion within 8 brands of Amore Group. And innisfree  is the only one Korean cosmetics brand into TOP 10 of total cosmetics (innisfree was top 9).   gza_org.gifgza_org.gif

Spoiler

005DCUQYly1flfmh672nzj30yi0u1778.jpg

005DCUQYly1flfpr7tx8aj30db0rhtfs.jpg

cr as tagged

• Like 8

I found some statistics on kdramas online. In one site, myasiantv.se, Legend of the Blue Sea is the number 2 most popular Korean drama. Unfortunately, they only show the views for the current month. But during the time it was airing, views and downloads for LOTBS can reach hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

YWyEPG5.png

I also found a list of popular kdramas on Mydramalist.com. Four dramas in the Top 12 are LMH's. BOF is Number 1.

l93aXP6.png

YFCJAR5.png

G9zgzsj.png

• Like 8

Hi, I'm engga. It has been so long since I joined convo and posted something in this forum but I'm still reading your post time to time. I saw that you guys are so loyally waiting for him by rewatching his drama, lee min ho would be very happy if he saw what you all do.

Btw, I see that people keep coming to lee min ho military service base. Is there anyone know how to go there?  Mind to explain it to me? Because in the next 2 days I have a trip to korea and I wanna see him even just in a glance

Hi, I'm engga. It has been so long since I joined convo and posted something in this forum but I'm still reading your post time to time. I saw that you guys are so loyally waiting for him by rewatching his drama, lee min ho would be very happy if he saw what you all do.

Btw, I see that people keep coming to lee min ho military service base. Is there anyone know how to go there?  Mind to explain it to me? Because in the next 2 days I have a trip to korea and I wanna see him even just in a glance

• Like 1

Wow !! @nika94 Welcome back !!   :D

The 2nd "Free lunch for children" project started in a primary school (Guang Xi Province in China) today to celebrate 1st year anniversary of LOTBS. (Donation from Lee Minho Hardcore Fan Club.)

005DCUQYly1fljuxll4nvj318g0tkn1x.jpg

005DCUQYly1fljuxn0xmqj325s1mctid.jpg

005DCUQYly1fljuxmlhcqj313l0kyteo.jpg

The words that children held in above picture are :
Thank you Minho Oppa, we have hot lunch to eat ! Wish you health and happiness !

cr as tagged

• Like 9