Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

19 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Finally, we got some ATS update and news! LMH is working on it! :evilelmo::hypehype:

LMH is doing ADR which is automatic dialogue replacement for 'Ask the stars'

@Nikaa thanks for sharing this. This process replaces dialogue recorded on set with dialogue that is recorded in a studio afterward. ADR  usually happens after the film/drama is edited. They have to re-record audio in a more controlled and quieter setting. It's done in a post-production studio. ADR is a way to improve audio quality or reflect changes in dialogue and performance. It's also referred to as 'post-syncing'. It's recording extra dialogue in the studio.   :kaching3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

An explanation of ADR: https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/adr-film-explained-examples-75425/

So ADR happens after the project has been edited.  I was trying to find out if ADR is the very last thing before a project is release.

Thank you for the link!:heart4::Ohboy3:

I'm curious to know this, as well as how long it will take them to finish ADR. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): I hope the OST line-ups are already prepared.

14 hours ago, willenette said:

thanks for sharing this. This process replaces dialogue recorded on set with dialogue that is recorded in a studio afterward. ADR  usually happens after the film/drama is edited. They have to re-record audio in a more controlled and quieter setting. It's done in a post-production studio. ADR is a way to improve audio quality or reflect changes in dialogue and performance. It's also referred to as 'post-syncing'. It's recording extra dialogue in the studio.  

Thank you! :Ohboy3::heart4:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Thank you for the link!:heart4::Ohboy3:

I'm curious to know this, as well as how long it will take them to finish ADR. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): I hope the OST line-ups are already prepared.

Thank you! :Ohboy3::heart4:

@Nikaa  Running an ADR session is not terribly slow but, it’s not just very fast either. It varies quite a lot. If the director insisting on watching and discussing the scene before you start, then it will be really hard to achieve 5 min/line. Most ADR sessions are completed in ½ to 2 days.  

I hope he can lend his voice to an original soundtrack for the drama.   :blush:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• CarolynH changed the title to Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

*** Season 2 of “Pachinko” is set for release! Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, which will be released one at a time each week starting from August 23 until October 11.   :blush:  Can't wait!

pachinko-2.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/011/0004366477

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Pachinko" Gears Up For Premiere Of Season 2

Spoiler

20240715055241_pachinko-2-still.png?s=90

Season 2 of “Pachinko” is gearing up for release!

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee, “Pachinko” is a multi-generational saga of war and peace, love and separation, and victory and judgment that spans Korea, Japan, and the United States. This season, actor Kim Sung Kyu will be joining Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Min Ho, and Kim Min Ha in the show’s star-studded cast.

“Pachinko” chronicles the expansive tale of a Korean immigrant family across four generations, spanning from the Japanese colonial period to the 1980s. It begins with their encounter with Hansu (Lee Min Ho), a new intermediary who arrives in Yeongdo, Busan in the early 1900s. In Season 2, the story delves deeper into the life of Sunja (Kim Min Ha), a mother raising two children and forging a path in life with her resilience and vigor. It promises to leave a profound impact on viewers worldwide once again.

pachinko-2.jpg

Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, which will be released one at a time each week starting from August 23 until October 11.

credit : soompi news

• Blob 1

*** I’ve been waiting for Lee Min Ho’s “Pachinko 2”. I’ve read the novel and watching it on TV is different from the book. But, it is really very interesting to learn many things from both. It is an interesting story line. This will be a masterpiece like the Season 1.  :Twerkdatbutt:

• Like 5

Kim Min Ha And Youn Yuh Jung's Emotions Echo Through Time In

Kim Min Ha And Youn Yuh Jung's Emotions Echo Through Time In "Pachinko" Season 2

Season 2 of “Pachinko” has released new stills featuring Kim Min Ha and Youn Yuh Jung!

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee, “Pachinko” chronicles the expansive tale of a Korean immigrant family across four generations, spanning from the Japanese colonial period to the 1980s. It begins with their encounter with Hansu (Lee Min Ho), a new intermediary who arrives in Yeongdo, Busan in the early 1900s. Season 2 delves deeper into the life of Sunja (Kim Min Ha), a mother raising two children and forging a path in life with her resilience and vigor.

In the recently released stills, actresses Youn Yuh Jung and Kim Min Ha portray the character Sunja with emotive expressions, effectively capturing the passage of time.

pachinko-2-still-1.jpg

Kim Min Ha depicts young Sunja, who chose to live as an outsider to live with dignity, while Youn Yuh Jung portrays elderly Sunja, who established roots firmly in a foreign land over decades. Each episode of “Pachinko” Season 1 left a lasting impact, drawing enthusiastic responses from viewers. Anticipation is now mounting for Season 2, slated to premiere in August, where Youn Yuh Jung and Kim Min Ha will once again bring Sunja’s story to life.

pachinko-2-still-2.jpg

Season 2 will consist of eight episodes, which will be released one at a time each week starting from August 23 until October 11.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1675399wpp/kim-min-ha-and-youn-yuh-jungs-emotions-echo-through-time-in-pachinko-season-2

• Like 2

10+ Best Sexy Kiss Scenes In K-Dramas

Who said K-Drama love scenes are cringeworthy, and the leads kiss like fish? That’s a thing of the past!

K-Drama fan account @kdramasdiary on X (formerly Twitter) asked netizens what their favorite kissing scenes are. The post went viral with 2.8M views at the time of writing, as netizens shared some of the most romantic and hot kiss scenes in K-Dramas.

10. The King: Eternal Monarch

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/best-k-drama-kissing-scenes-netizens/

• Like 4

*** Sigh..... I'm still awaiting word/news when "Ask the Stars" is going to get a confirmed airing date on tvN. The drama has finished filming over a year ago. I'm super-looking forward to this. The longer it's not shown the more it risks coming off potentially outdated when it airs. It's been so long.............. What about any platforms to air it? I'm so sad about this. We haven't seen Lee Min Ho in a K-dramaland for such a long time. Koreans might forget him. I heard the January-June 2025 tvN programming is already set. Assuming "Ask the Stars" manages to secure a slot for July 2025 that would be almost 2.5 years after filming concluded. How relevant can a drama that old still be? Is it worth releasing on the network? Will it still bring in ratings? I hope the star power and the plot can still make people watch the drama then. Sorry....... for talking like this in an irritating manner. I still don't understand how this one can't be released when it has "star power" in it. it's impossible to understand. This is a problem of producing a drama without having a broadcasting network/platform confirmed. This drama would sell with Lee Min Ho who has a good international fanbase despite of its complicated genre. Maybe the post-production is taking too much time. By this time, I'm sure Lee Min Ho has finished dubbing the drama. What about Gong Hyo Jin? Well, Lee Min Ho fans will still eat this up, anyway. Studio  Dragon is one of the most big production company. I doubt they can't find a channel or OTT for this drama. Could it be the post-production is preventing this from airing sooner. There's a lot of post-production work needed for the aerospace settings. Not an easy project so, it needs to have good CGI. And CGI needs enough funding. Wahhh.....it's just assuring that "Pachinko 2" is airing next month. Maybe I won't just care when or where "Ask the Stars" airs. I just want to see Lee Min Ho again on the screen.   :headbang:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

*** On July 16th, Kim Bum, Jung Sanghoon, and Son Woohyun, who are currently in one musical together, guested on Jonathan's YouTube content 'Kstar Next Door'. Here, he talked about his close bond with besties Lee Minho and Jung Ilwoo! During the show, Jonathan asked Kim Bum, "Do you still search your own name? Did you see fans saying 'If you won't star in your next project, might as well star on 'Kstar Next Door''?" Kim Bum laughed and responded, "Yes, I saw that. Because I haven't starred in a drama for so long, people told me to appear here." Jonathan then mentioned, "I saw that during your break, you met with Jung Ilwoo and Lee Minho." When asked if he meets them regularly, Kim Bum replied, "Yes. They are my closest friends. I (recently) met them when Jung Ilwoo was in a play. We went to watch it together."   :kicks:

20240718_043600_906_nathan.jpg

source : Gstarlive

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Willinette- I’m sure most of us feel the same as you. 

However as it’s about space it’s surely not the same risk about being updated.

If it’s down to money maybe they can’t get enough things to advertise on a space station! Looking back at TKEM I am still amazed how many PPI there were.  Also MYM put money into ATS

The crazy thing is that it’s got the highest possible pedigree in terms of actors, writer, Studio Dragon etc. TKEM did so well on Netflix you would think they would want it. 
I think it’s so lousy for fans that don’t have apple because it will be4-5 years since they saw him- yet we know he remains relevant by just looking a his Boss and Fendi appearances. 
One of the dramas blogs  that has been going for years picked up the story this week. It doesn’t do LMH’s reputation much good does it. 
I feel a bit disappointed in him regarding this and after being a fan for so many years I never thought I would say that.

• Like 1

Beyond borders: 10 K-dramas taking viewers around the world

Korean dramas are known for their meticulous attention to detail, from casting to captivating storylines. This dedication extends to filming locations, with productions often venturing beyond South Korea to find breathtaking backdrops that enhance both the narrative and visuals. These overseas locations not only immerse viewers in the beauty of foreign cultures but also eliminate the need for green screens, showcasing real, stunning sceneries.

Grab your passport and pack your bags as we explore some K-dramas filmed outside of their home country.

The Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)

Starring: Lee Min-ho, Jun Ji-hyun, Shin Won-ho, Shin Hye-sun

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” delves into the romantic tale of a mermaid (Jun Ji-hyun) and a con artist (Lee Min-ho).

Several scenes were filmed in Spain, notably in the popular city of Barcelona.

credit : ABS-CBN News

• Like 2