Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

class="at_title"Actor Lee Min Ho Performs With Harlem Yu At China CCTV 'Spring Festival Gala'

actor-lee-min-ho-performs-with-harlem-yu

This year, Korean actor Lee Min Ho was invited to China's CCTV 'Spring Festival Gala', being the only Korean celebrity to appear in this program. About 700 million people are estimated to watch this program.

Lee Min Ho is a popular Korean actor in China and is known for his roles in dramas such as "Boys over Flowers", "City Hunter", "The Heirs" and more. He also sang the theme song for the Taiwanese version of "Boys over Flowers" with the composer of the song.

This gala is known for inviting many top stars from around the world, and this year Lee Min Ho will be lighting up the stage with his singing skills. Famous French actress, Sophie Marceau, also joined Lee Min Ho in this program this year. This is the most-watched program in China among its lunar new year programming, with the price of advertisements that appear during this program going up to about 840 thousand US dollars per second. Lee Min Ho's appearance in this program shows his popularity in China, along with the relationship between Korea and China in politics, in economy, and in culture.

Lee Min Ho has over 17 million followers on Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, and was invited by the director of the show. On January 30th, he had posted on his Weibo, "Fireworks are everywhere, I'm very excited! Happy new year, everyone".

Lee Min Ho will be singing the "Boys over Flowers" theme song with singer Harlem Yu.

Lee Min Ho will sing the first half in Korean, which is unheard of in this Chinese program, and the rest will be a mix of Chinese and Korean.

source : kpopstarz

adamfever said: mtdt said: what rumour???

Ooh although I happy that he is going international with movies etc... but but I still prefer a drama!   It's like a 2hrs movie vs a 20hrs drama! :(

Jeju - ooh wah! Nice!

I actually likes that he has more Kr brand endorsement.  only Busan Lotte after his Heirs is really too little!

Maybe I am abit burned out with his China activties and many new endorsements.

mtdt said:

Yes... exactly.  I want him to be seen everywhere in Korea! hahaha :P

My 2 trips to Seoul - I actually hardly sees him ard. 

1st trip - I must say JGS was really everywhere for my 1st trip... so much that I complained to my fren (his fan), why her oppa was everywhere. at every street and corner :P Lucky tat time LSG was the "spokesperon" for fair election thus I still get to see him around the streets.

mtdt

said:

Yes... exactly.  I want him to be seen everywhere in Korea! hahaha :P

My 2 trips to Seoul - I actually hardly sees him ard. 

1st trip - I must say JGS was really everywhere for my 1st trip... so much that I complained to my fren (his fan), why her oppa was everywhere. at every street and corner :P Lucky tat time LSG was the "spokesperon" for fair election thus I still get to see him around the streets.

Morning Annyong :-h

Dropping by with my post of stream of consciousness to say that I miss this fella :(( It's even worse cuz I deliberately passed on Heirs and I can't get myself to watch it still :-< buuuuut I can't help missing lmh on screen.... the dilemma #-o   Anyhow, for my stream of consciousness to be relatable...here are some goodies  :\">

I love him best as Lee paksin-neem thus...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1d7c807ab159bc05bca5836519dd2c28/tumblr_mmdlcdisgo1rb0jp7o1_1280.jpg
The morning walk style...
cr

tumblr_n0edd3qMbz1smfafro1_250.giftumblr_n0edd3qMbz1smfafro2_250.gif
The smexy office style...
cr

Last but not least,
tumblr_n04wc0wmlj1s10hxpo1_r1_400.gif
The bloody hot! style.. ;))
cr

Hope Gangnam Blues will come fast and will be more to my taste than a teenage drama... I had high hopes til Heirs was confirmed as a high school love story. Not in a position to critique anything here thu.

Later... :) :-*

Guest Moonrain

mtdt

said: what rumour???

Ooh although I happy that he is going international with movies etc... but but I still prefer a drama!   It's like a 2hrs movie vs a 20hrs drama! :(

Jeju - ooh wah! Nice!

I actually likes that he has more Kr brand endorsement.  only Busan Lotte after his Heirs is really too little!

Maybe I am abit burned out with his China activties and many new endorsements.

Lee Min-ho's agency to launch Chinese branch

04-05%287%29.jpg
Actor Lee Min-ho

By Chung Ah-young

Starhaus Entertainment, actor Lee Min-ho’s agency, is preparing to launch a branch in China. 

The agency has kept a strategic partnership with Chinese entertainment company Huayi Brothers to help Lee’s promotions in China since a concert there in 2009.

Starhaus China and Huayi Brothers are expected to pursue business cooperation, the Korean company said.

Huayi Brothers has previously supported Lee’s concerts and fan meetings in Beijing and Shanghai and remain poised to expand his activities in additional cities in China due to his soaring popularity there.

His recent drama “The Heirs” was a smash hit in China with more than 160 million views on one of the biggest Chinese streaming sites, Youku (
www.youku.com).

The drama owes its success to Lee, who has established a strong fan base there over the past two years with his previous drama “City Hunter.”

credit : Korea Times

class="post-title entry-title"Lee Minho teasing photo from China

Lee+Minho.jpg
One of the most sought-after Korean actors internationally, Lee Minho, updated his Weibo account with the photo above.
On the photo, Lee Minho's charm radiated making lots of women melt. He wrote, "I hear fireworks everywhere. This is great. Happy new year, everyone."
Lee Minho spent his lunar new year with his Chinese fans. He appeared on 'Chun Jie Wan Hui,' a well-received Chinese new Year special. He sang 'Qing Fei De Yi(情非得已),' a soundtrack from 'Meteor Garden.' A Chinese singer, Yu Cheng Qing(庾澄庆), accompanied him.

written by: loveluytakyo@dkpopnews.net SOURCE: weibo.com/actorleeminho

Guest Moonrain

Lee Min Ho Becomes the New Model for Jeju Air

CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

2014-02-03 17:50

Ready to grace the skies, Lee Min Ho became the new face for Jeju Air.

19633248.jpg

btn_viewsmall.png

On February 3, Jeju Air announced that Lee Min Ho has been chosen as the promotional model for 2014 to represent the airline. 

“We decided to choose Lee Min Ho after seeing that he has the most fans in their twenties to forties in China, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong and other Asian countries, which will be major stopping points for Jeju Air,” said Jeju Air.

Jeju Air added that it hopes many overseas fans will use its services to travel. 

In past years Big Bang and Boys Republic served models for the airline. 

Photo Credit: Esquire

I think Minho is popular and has the biggest fanbase in korea and internationally among actors but he is not “everywhere” in korea. He doesn’t do variety shows, lot of commercials (recently), mc-ing, etc.
Usually young actors will often appear on tv but not minho, you can see kim soo hyun, kim woobin, lee jongsuk, seo in geok are everywhere now. I don’t know if it is a strategy of starhaus or because of minho’s personality as a private person, so that he rarely appears on tv but Korean know for sure that minho is known and popular overseas, as well as jang geun seok.
Well, it’s not bad at all, because all I can see that minho is an “exclusive actor”,...he rarely appears on tv but when he was doing his drama, minho’s fever of his character attacked the whole korea,lol...actually, is it his job as a good actor right?
I just hope this year, he will focus on doing movies or dramas, it’s not I don’t like he has many fanmeetings, I know he wants to meet with all of his fans, but his appearance on tv especially dramas will maintain his overseas fans for sure.