Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Oh I've never noticed before :-?
9b5f2517tw1ed52uwl0syj208w04z3yo.jpg

9b5f2517tw1ed52uwzb9lj20g4092q3i.jpg9b5f2517tw1ed52uxhuvgj20g40920tb.jpg9b5f2517tw1ed52uxwfqsj20g40983z5.jpg

All the "actions" done in Heirs, he used his left leg, not right :( I wonder if that right leg will ever be completely 100% healed. Probably not :(
(cr. 敏镐光波biubiubiu)

This Lee Min-ho is everywhere in China, huh?
64441a2fgw1ed540e29kej218g0ozn25.jpg

64441a2fgw1ed540lch5bj218g0ozdln.jpg

Public transportation in Guangzhou (cr. Purple_Candy)
Minho on MBC Entertainment news (note: different from its regular news I posted earlier) Click here!!! No youtube source yet. 

Pretty screencaps by Dongdongru
iUo5vv6EWQlae.jpg
From Innisfree Webtoon :x
Minho on CCTV3  (their cultural station (?) someone corrects me on this because there's a lot of CCTV channels, each covers a specific area) Click here to watch all 48 seconds of him! 
I've read that he will be appearing on "Face to Face" program next Sunday on CCTV news (don't quote me on this). 
He's been making a lot of appearances in China...at this rate he should buy a house there, jk. Kidding aside, while I understand there's a lot potential in that market and he's hugely popular there, I hope his agency and its Chinese counterpart take this development a bit more gradual. I'm not that thrilled at the news of him having FMs in China in so many cities and going there so often!!! Plus all the trips seem to be about activities other than acting. There's a fine line between popularity and overexposure. In someway he benefits a lot by being a foreign celebrity, local Chinese viewers don't have access to every little things about his life, so it creates some sort of a buffer preventing burnout on both sides. There's a saying in Chinese, "crossing the river by feeling the stones" famously used by Deng Xiaoping -- everything should be done gradually, step by step. His primary job is acting, maybe the focus should be on that first. Fans will always be there as long as he continually focuses on his acting and does a good job on it. Fanmeeting is a nice bonus, but not necessarily a requirement to maintain this fan base. 

Guest prosperity

@guadi, I agree that his entrance in to the Chinese market should be gradual as well. The last thing he wants is for people to feel like they are being force-fed LMH.
However I see why he might want to do fan meets, as they allow his fans to get to see him, especially since he has been avoiding them at the airport for their own safety and his. This way they will get to meet/see him in a safe environment, and satisfy some of that need to get more of him.
After that, I hope he is more exclusive about what he does. I hope he keeps a bit of mystique about him, as that will always keep people's interest and attention. 
When he does choose a movie I hope it is a very good one. I have a feeling they already have something lined up.

@prosperity - nah, fanmeetings will always be on the schedules regardless of whether fans can see him at the airport or not. 
I'm sure he has a project planned after GB. This article details behind the scene stuff on how his appearance on CCTV came about. His "new" agency played a crucial role in having him on the Gala.The team in charge of the Gala did a rigorous review before sending out an invitation to him. I'm just speculating, but why do I sense they probably had to ask for permission from the leadership at higher places, mainly because of where he is from. And at the end, it discussed him learning Chinese and a potential movie in China. The source is directly from Huayi Brothers Agency, so it certainly has some credibility. So if this new movie is true, does that mean no drama in 2014? ;))
@shengvang - ummm...you can add "dancing" to the list of things he cannot do :)

Guest prosperity

@guadi, I think the chance of a drama this year is very small *cries*  :((
I wouldn't be surprised if he does less and less dramas, which would be sad for his international fans.

@prosperity - I would not be sad at all if he doesn't do drama this year :)) Maybe Heirs kinda burned me out a little :P I think he's at an age where he should try newer and fresher roles - cinemas give him that flexibility, whereas in dramaland, especially on network stations, it's always chaebol, chaebol, with love triangle on the side. I sincerely hope that rumor of that role we talked about goes away foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Omo, looks like he's the new spokeperson for Jeju Air. Article click here.

Guest prosperity

@guadi, why did you have to bring that rumor up? I tried to erase it from my memory :))
Oooh, I like the endorsements he is signing on to.
Barbie Hsu, the actress that played Shan Cai in Meteor Garden tweeted about his performance with Harlem Yu. I am just going to copy and paste, because I am too lazy to screen cap :))

1. 大S ‏@itsbarbiexuJan 31

Korean Dao Ming Si Lee Min Ho sang Qing Fei De Yi in Chinese. That's very nice even he is Korean.Expand

guadi said: @prosperity - I would not be sad at all if he doesn't do drama this year :)) Maybe Heirs kinda burned me out a little :P I think he's at an age where he should try newer and fresher roles - cinemas give him that flexibility, whereas in dramaland, especially on network stations, it's always chaebol, chaebol, with love triangle on the side. I sincerely hope that rumor of that role we talked about goes away foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Omo, looks like he's the new spokeperson for Jeju Air. Article click here.

guadi said: @prosperity - nah, fanmeetings will always be on the schedules regardless of whether fans can see him at the airport or not. 
I'm sure he has a project planned after GB. This article details behind the scene stuff on how his appearance on CCTV came about. His "new" agency played a crucial role in having him on the Gala.The team in charge of the Gala did a rigorous review before sending out an invitation to him. I'm just speculating, but why do I sense they probably had to ask for permission from the leadership at higher places, mainly because of where he is from. And at the end, it discussed him learning Chinese and a potential movie in China. The source is directly from Huayi Brothers Agency, so it certainly has some credibility. So if this new movie is true, does that mean no drama in 2014? ;))
@shengvang - ummm...you can add "dancing" to the list of things he cannot do :)

@adamfever - yes, foreign concerts need to obtain official decree from the government. But in his case, where he's from is also very crucial. You have no idea of the storm that happened in cyberspace before and after the event. Granted it started by a few "patriotic" netizens, and it's not a representation of all Chinese viewers. I doubt viewers at home really care about the whole thing; they probably just enjoyed the show with their families and moved on. But anyone here who can read Mandarin can attest to the whole commotion. 
I'm not sure how many cities are planned at the moment; I saw the list floating around somewhere, and those FMs are spread throughout the year. Then you add in commercial activities outside of FMs for Semir, Taobao, Weishi, that potato company, etc...on top of that Innisfree is also expanding in China, so they will need him for that. It's a lot. If he's going to do a movie, imagine the exposure. I think it's something they should try to manage. 
@mtdt - that rumor. Do you really want to know? :P 

mtdt said: what rumour???

Ooh although I happy that he is going international with movies etc... but but I still prefer a drama!   It's like a 2hrs movie vs a 20hrs drama! :(

Jeju - ooh wah! Nice!

I actually likes that he has more Kr brand endorsement.  only Busan Lotte after his Heirs is really too little!

Maybe I am abit burned out with his China activties and many new endorsements.

class="at_ttl"Lee Min Ho Talks About His Popularity In China

BY Chin D | Feb 02, 2014 12:39 PM EST

Lee Min Ho Appears In The Chinese TV News

Actor Lee Min Ho took the Hallyu wave to China with an appearance at Chinese network CCTV's New Year Gala.

Through his management company Starhaus Entertainment, the actor said, "The experience was very enjoyable and it was an honor performing together with many great artists. It's much more meaningful because I was able to see how much the Hallyu wave has spread over Asia. I would like to express my gratitude towards the director Feng Xiao Gang and the officials and staff at CCTV."

Being the first Korean actor to participate in the event, he performed the song "Qing Fei De Yi", the theme to "Meteor Garden", the Taiwanese counterpart to his drama "Boys Over Flowers". It was reported that although the actor sang in Korean throughout, he sang a bit of Chinese towards the end.

According to a representative from his company, over 700 million viewers watch the event, and through other online sites and live streaming, fans from across Asia and the world were able to watch Lee Min Ho during the show.

"When it was time for Lee Min Ho's performance, viewer numbers spiked up and the servers slowed down. His name also trended in several Chinese portral sites like Weibo," the representative said.

Read more http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/15163/20140202/lee-min-ho-talks-popularity-china.htm

lol, minoz are excited about this new deal :P
679f9b8dtw1ed5zajwrmag20ef0ale81.gif

I guess his image will be painted to the body of the plane. Anyone going to Jeju this year? ;))

679f9b8dtw1ed5zamce3nj20kd0ectal.jpg
679f9b8dtw1ed4a1oirf8j20gn064q3x.jpg
=)) Can you guess who's who by the hairstyle? 

(cr. logo)
Edit: @adamfever - I think you're better off not knowing. I'm not even sure how much truth there is behind it. But it is intriguing :P

I think I came across an article, not long ago, that gave me an impression that LMH doesn't want to take many commercials, he wants to focus on his acting career. I remember when I read it, I  said to myself "don't ever expect LMH to be the top earning actor from doing commercials." But I can't remember what article it is. Do any of you here have the same impression, too?