Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Do you like BOF more than LBS?  In terms of acting, it's a close call for me.  

Thank you for asking my opinion :))

To be honest, I like BOF more than LBS. Gu Jun pyo is such a unique and charming character. For me, he is one of a kind and there is no other character that can beat him in terms of charm. On top of that, LMH acted Jun Pyo in a very unique way. Jun pyo's curly hairstyle, way of talking, showing his love, sweet personality.. everything is so great about him. I loved how adorably he tried to use famous sayings but then failed and his friends corrected him. I also loved it how he was afraid of insects. One moment scared of insects another moment haughty. :D  In kdramas there are many characters that are mean boys then fall in love. But LMH has given life to Go Jun Pyo. He is the most memorable and popular Kdrama hero. Even the name "Go Jun Pyo" is so catchy, cute and unforgettable.

But I also think Hoe Jun Jae and Jun Pyo are kinda similar. They are both so charmingly brazen and express their emotions in a very lovely way. In both of them he also smiles a lot and playful. :D  Hoe Jun jae and Jun Pyo have very charming way of being jealous. Hoe Jun Jae' s jealousy was SO cute and we saw how "King Jealous" became a trend. Jun Pyo would get angry and hit the guy to death. :D

PS  In terms of acting,  of course LMH rocked his role as Jun jae and showed how greatly he has improved since BOF times. His crying scenes, heavy and sad scenes and drunk scenes in LBS show how natural he acts. So I think LMH's best performance is in LBS. I remember in comments, some Knetizens talked about how much they like to see LMH in a melodrama. It is because he so nailed those tough sad scenes. Even in dramabeans, I read so many good comments. Hoe Jun jae has so many layers and LMH's acting was so deep. 

I can talk on and on about these two charactets. I love them both!! :D:D

PSS  Oppaaa! Come back soon! I wanna see you in a movie or drama :(

PSSS  I really Love Jun Pyo's hair! :)) I don't know why! :)) But The best and cutest thing about him is his curly hair. Gotta admit, no one could have pulled off that curly hair like LMH :))

• Like 14

I got to know LMH when i accidentally stumble upon City Hunter, afterwhich I started to watch all his drama and follow him.  For BOF, it took me like 5 try or more,  to get over his curly hair before I can go to Ep2 ...that curly hair is so distracting and I couldnt get pass ep 1 :crazy: .. it was good though that I started with CH and PT, I probably would not have forced myself to go pass that curly hair if I watched BOF first, after that I  watched BOF again and again, I lost count how many times I have watched....and the curly hair is not an issue anymore:tongue:  I didn't quite like the other cast except for maybe Kim Bum.  Hope everyone still enjoy GJP silliness and his arrogance even after he constantly get his proverbs wrong!:D

• Like 11

Before LOTBS, BOF is the last LMH's drama I watched after I became his fan.

There are too many actors in Korea, thus even I've watched K-dramas for many years, I didn't know LMH until Heirs. Why I decided to watch Heirs ? (Usually I watched the dramas because of the main actors, so rarely watched a drama that I didn't know the actors.) Because one of my friend (lived in CA), her husband was addicted to Heirs very much that he wanted to visit all Heirs shooting locations in USA. Can you imagine a 50-year-old man like that ? After watched Heirs, I only thought that LMH was adorable. Then another friend told me to watch City Hunter. When I watched City Hunter, I thought "Oh my God ! Is this man the same person in Heirs ?" And then the action scenes in 3rd episode, sooooooooo cool !!! I immediately searched more information about LMH, after I watched his interviews in China, I became his fan.

I saw many fans dislike his curly hair in BOF, and I have never watched Taiwan or Japanese version, so I watched his other dramas first. But when I watched one video ( Lee Min Ho 이민호 Fanmade MV 사랑합니다 (I Love You) ) on Youtube (this video do not allowed to re-upload, so I don't post the link), I found he was very handsome even with curly hair. (I must be blind when I watched Heirs, Tannie in USA was obviously handsome. Why I didn't think he was handsome at that time. :tongue:)

Actually when I began to watch BOF, I thought F4's dressing were too mature to be high school students. But LMH's acting was really good. He was a naughty and innocent 22-year-old boy personally, but when he put on those formal clothes, he transformed to Gu Jun Pyo right away, noble and elegant like a prince. Like other LMH's characters, only he could portray this character uniquely.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, nika94 said:

Thank you for asking my opinion :))

To be honest, I like BOF more than LBS. Gu Jun pyo is such a unique and charming character. For me, he is one of a kind and there is no other character that can beat him in terms of charm. On top of that, LMH acted Jun Pyo in a very unique way. Jun pyo's curly hairstyle, way of talking, showing his love, sweet personality.. everything is so great about him. I loved how adorably he tried to use famous sayings but then failed and his friends corrected him. I also loved it how he was afraid of insects. One moment scared of insects another moment haughty. :D  In kdramas there are many characters that are mean boys then fall in love. But LMH has given life to Go Jun Pyo. He is the most memorable and popular Kdrama hero. Even the name "Go Jun Pyo" is so catchy, cute and unforgettable.

But I also think Hoe Jun Jae and Jun Pyo are kinda similar. They are both so charmingly brazen and express their emotions in a very lovely way. In both of them he also smiles a lot and playful. :D  Hoe Jun jae and Jun Pyo have very charming way of being jealous. Hoe Jun Jae' s jealousy was SO cute and we saw how "King Jealous" became a trend. Jun Pyo would get angry and hit the guy to death. :D

PS  In terms of acting,  of course LMH rocked his role as Jun jae and showed how greatly he has improved since BOF times. His crying scenes, heavy and sad scenes and drunk scenes in LBS show how natural he acts. So I think LMH's best performance is in LBS. I remember in comments, some Knetizens talked about how much they like to see LMH in a melodrama. It is because he so nailed those tough sad scenes. Even in dramabeans, I read so many good comments. Hoe Jun jae has so many layers and LMH's acting was so deep. 

I can talk on and on about these two charactets. I love them both!! :D:D

PSS  Oppaaa! Come back soon! I wanna see you in a movie or drama :(

PSSS  I really Love Jun Pyo's hair! :)) I don't know why! :)) But The best and cutest thing about him is his curly hair. Gotta admit, no one could have pulled off that curly hair like LMH :))

Hi nika, I hope time really flies so fast...............When he comes back I want to see him in a drama - so, longer time for me to look at his face once again..........Sigh.....I miss LMH! :lol:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Sorry to cut your message, but i just want to comment that I almost had the same reaction with BOF at my first watch. I wasn't impressed with the drama and had to skip a lot of parts. But I did notice LMH, his looks and talent -- I thought he was the best actor in the drama and he's the reason I was able to finish the drama.  Then I watched City Hunter and that's when I fell totally in love with LMH, the actor. I went back to watch BOF and appreciated more his performance on my 2nd watch. BOF was my 2nd drama (Coffee Prince being my first) and CH was my 3rd. It was LMH in CH that got me hooked on Kdramas. 

ME THREEEEE Yeah, I also got hooked to him only after City Hunter. I also watched Coffee Prince before BOF :yum: Nostalgic feeling.......

I may sound like a broken record, but that Summer of 2013, I decided to re-watch Korean dramas for fashion inspirations. At that time, i knew nothing about what and  who  in Kpop culture. I googled for recommendations and I started with more current dramas and jumped through very quickly because most of them failed to grab my attention. I gave Secret Garden, Nice Guy at least 4 tries each because of rave reviews, but still I dropped off very soon after I started. The only ones that I could get through were Coffee Prince and That Winter The Wind Blows <I liked all  the leads in them>, they got me going . Then, though school-life wasn't the topic I was interested in, I still decided to give BOF a chance because I thought the rich students might show off some nice outfits lol...Like you @Kris Silva I didn't quite like the drama as a whole, it was too unrealistic for me and I didn't like the female lead's overacting, but somehow I couldn't drop it off like I did to many of the previous dramas. I still marathoned to the end, but I skipped a lot to only watch LMH's parts. I didn't know what's in him that kept me going on then, definitely not his look <at that time, though I had no issue with the curly hair, I thought the blond guy looked more handsome lol, but I didn't care much about him, Kim Bum was as cute as a button, but I skipped all his love story part>.  Now as @1ouise spelled it out: his "CHARISMA" - that must be the reason.

• Like 11

Our weekday elevator Oppa :D

64441a2fgy1ffull4136mj20u00u0jtd.jpg

after a long day at the office, it's amazing how gracious and sweet he is to his fans.

DAbwp3qXgAABGg5?format=jpg&name=large

his attire has become more and more casual just like what his colleagues are wearing. I wonder though---does he get paid for his work or is his service considered volunteer work? 

cr as tagged 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

Our weekday elevator Oppa :D

after a long day at the office, it's amazing how gracious and sweet he is to his fans.

his attire has become more and more casual just like what his colleagues are wearing. I wonder though---does he get paid for his work or is his service considered volunteer work? 

cr as tagged 

Yes, he gets pay every month, but only a little.

These Gifs are so adorable  :

e3970d78gy1fft57u2czdg206o06odik.gif

e3970d78gy1fft57uygjyg206o06o76m.gif
e3970d78gy1fft57w726vg206o06oju9.gif

Spoiler

e3970d78gy1fft57wna5lg206o06o0up.gif

cr MinoJennyLin83

• Like 12

5 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

@pixie0622 according to this article, yes he is paid, but a very small amount. they said his average annual salary in military is approximately his one day income as an artist, lol, and that he will have 31 leave days within 2 years of service.

The amount quoted there is the similar to what I found on wiki:

Compensation

The following data is from 'Regulation on Public Servant Compensation', implemented on 1 January 2017.[13] Exchange rate as of 2 January 2017 (1210 to $1.00USD)

Private (이등병) Private first class (일등병) Corporal (상등병) Sergeant (병장)
₩163,000
$134.71 (approx) per month
₩176,400
$145.79 (approx) per month
₩195,000
$161.16 (approx) per month
₩216,000
$178.51 (approx) per month

Private is for the first 3 months, Private first class:  months 4-10, Corporal : months 11-17, Sergeant: from month 18

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Myhun said:

LMH off work 220517

cr as tagged

Do you guys think this elevator is reserved for him at certain times of the day ???

I find that there is no one else with him on the elevator, which is strange. On the first few days, you can see a lady with him ,but she doesn't look like a co-worker at all. To me, she is more like the elevator operator or a janitor because when she gets off the elevator, she doesn't head out the parking lot like him, instead she usually turns back and does something on the elevator control pad.

@willenette you seem to have a wide knowledge on celebrities in MS, you also mentioned someone who also does social service at the same place Minho is doing (is that Yoochun???), do his fans also wait to greet him when he comes to and from work? How long can they do that for, I am curious?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, adamfever said:

Do you guys think this elevator is reserved for him at certain times of the day ???

I find that there is no one else with him on the elevator, which is strange. On the first few days, you can see a lady with him ,but she doesn't look like a co-worker at all. To me, she is more like the elevator operator or a janitor because when she gets off the elevator, she doesn't head out the parking lot like him, instead she usually turns back and does something on the elevator control pad.

@willenette you seem to have a wide knowledge on celebrities in MS, you also mentioned someone who also does social service at the same place Minho is doing (is that Yoochun???), do his fans also wait to greet him when he comes to and from work? How long can they do that for, I am curious?

Hi adamfever, sorry, but, I don't really follow him during his MS but I just heard that he's doing a public service also on the same area.....About LMH's wearing a facial mask all the time, I guess that was being advised to him to avoid being mobbed by public all the time since he works together with public. I also remember during Eric (Shinhwa) MS days, he was also wearing a mask always since he was assigned at the subway station............For LMH's case, about his being surrounded by fans - we all know that his is a fixed hourly job.  Being a Public Service Personnel he could only work regular working hours and he's allowed to spend his free time on his own. So, I guess after work, he can entertain his fans whenever he wants to without being reprimanded by anyone..........But, I have a feeling when he goes into 4-week training. I guess this will be the time that getting & seeing photos of him will be  scarce.....What I'm sure also is serving  his national service he cannot engage in any profit-making activity, even if they are on leave, like doing CFs - unless this is military -related. :lol: Ye, dear - you're right all enlisters are getting paid on a monthly basis. This is an allowance given to them.  Like in RAIN's case before he got paid on $96 a month.  It came from the Ministry of Defense. In LMH's case, I'm just not sure if who's paying him, the Ministry of Defense or the government where he's working......

Guys, to all of you here who shared the new pictures, thanks for sharing here his recent pictures again. Love it! But, every time I see these photos I missed LMH a lot.....:(

• Like 8

Filipino Actor Reveals He Is Deeply Affected By Lee Min Ho’s Enlistment

Lee Min Ho‘s recent enlistment had a very strong effect on a Filipino voice actor who has done a lot of work on Lee Min Ho’s past projects.

LeeMinHoFeature1-1-1492566667-230771695.

Lee Min Ho has officially entered the military for his military service and fans were saddened that he will not be releasing any more work for the next two years.

leeminhomilitary1.jpg

Among those fans is Tagalog voice actor AJ Constantino, who provided the voice for Lee Min Ho’s roles in Boys over Flowers and Legend of the Blue Sea.

Spoiler

13c788_f8b85bd0d7da44c0b8019ce6808f7a0e.

Constantino’s dream is to one day meet the actor who he lends his voice to.

dubber.jpg Constantino (in the center with the gray shirt) and the voice-acting crew for the Tagalog version of Boys Over Flowers pose happily in front of a poster of the drama. / Source: fiel-kun

In an interview with Filipino news outlet ABS-CBN, he revealed that voicing Lee Min Ho’s characters was very challenging for him, but also a very interesting experience.

AJ-Constantino.png

Source: abs-cbn / Koreaboo

Spoiler

• Like 7