Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

23 hours ago, MyHun said:

Here is English article from allkpop

Lee Min Ho shares his thoughts on the Hallyu wave + his title of Hallyu star

Actor Lee Min Ho shared some of his honest thoughts about the Hallyu wave in a recent interview. 

On September 12, Xports News asked Lee Min Ho, "As a Hallyu star, have you ever felt pride or responsibility?" The star answered, "I think the title of 'Hallyu star' was added to my name very suddenly. I'm very honored and grateful, but I am still unused to it. As for responsibility, I always felt it even without the Hally star title. I also do feel prideful when I meet supporters who trust and cheer me on not just in Korea but also in places far away." 

SEE ALSO: Lee Min Ho chosen as model for 'Coca-Cola' coffee brand

He then went on to reveal his thoughts on the power of the Hallyu wave, with, "I feel it not only with my productions, but also when dramas, movies, and other media content becomes a big issue overseas. When I run into fans who study Korean to watch Korean productions, and even come visit the country despite the difference in language and culture, I realize that this must be the power of Hallyu." 

Source  http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/09/lee-min-ho-shares-his-thoughts-on-the-hallyu-wave-his-title-of-hallyu-star

Hi MyHun, thanks for sharing this.  This is also one of the reasons why I adore this guy, LMH is so grounded. He always thanks all his fans in Korea and around the world for always staying by his side. :P

• Like 5

Another version:

How Does Lee Min Ho Feel About His Hallyu Star Status?

How Does Lee Min Ho Feel About His Hallyu Star Status?

In honor of their 9th anniversary, X Sports News recently interviewed three Hallyu stars, including actor Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho’s first major lead role was in “Boys Over Flowers,” a massive hit both domestically and abroad, and he followed it up with appearances in “Heirs,” “City Hunter,” “Gangnam Blues,” and “Bounty Hunter.” He is currently filming for the upcoming drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” with Jun Ji Hyun.

When asked if he felt responsibility as a Hallyu star, he said, “It feels like the title was just given to me one morning. It’s an honor and I’m grateful, but it still feels unfamiliar. I would feel the responsibility even without the title, because I know there are people around the world who are cheering for me.”

He also shared some of his direct experiences with the Hallyu wave. “When I meet fans who relate to Korean films and dramas even though they don’t understand the language or the culture, and when they talk about studying Korean and traveling to Korea because of those films and dramas, I think to myself that this is the true force of the Hallyu wave.”

“Legend of the Blue Sea,” which he is currently filming in Spain, is his first drama in three years. “I’m excited and nervous about how people will see me,” he said. “My character is a con artist, so I think I can show people multiple sides. As long as people look forward to watching it, I’ll be thankful.”

Finally, he shared a message for his fans in Korea and around the world. “Thank you for always staying by my side,” he said. “I will work harder to be an actor that makes you as happy as your energy makes me.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/13/lee-min-ho-feel-hallyu-star-status/

• Like 9

Another version:

[Interview] Lee Min-ho, "Hallyu star, awkward but proud"

photo763709.jpg

X Sports News interviewed selected Hallyu stars to celebrate its 9th year anniversary. We release interviews with Lee Min-ho, Jang Geun-seok, Hwang Chi-yeol and others.

Lee Min-ho started off with "Boys over Flowers" then "Faith", the movies "Gangnam Blues" and "Bounty Hunters". Lee Min-ho is known as a Hallyu star that represents Korea and soon he's coming back with the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea" with Jeon Ji-hyeon.

We questioned the Hallyu star who sends his love and appreciation to all his fans.

◆ Have you ever felt proud or responsible for the title 'Hallyu star'?

I ended up with the words 'Hallyu star' in front of my name. I am honored and grateful but I also feel awkward about it. I always feel responsible for what I do and not just because of the title. I also feel proud of myself, thinking about those who support me in Korea and foreign countries.

◆ Have you experienced the power of Hallyu yourself?

I feel that every time my work or other Korean dramas and movies make headlines overseas. Despite the difference in language and culture, I realize how strong Hallyu power is when foreigners bond with our work and they visit Korea and learn our language.

◆ We wonder what you've been up to

I am in the middle of making the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea". When this interview is released, I'll be in Spain.

◆ This is your first drama in 3 years since "The Heirs"

I am anxious about what the people are going to think. I play two roles in it and a fraud so I hope everyone looks forward to it.

◆ Do you have a message in Korea and other countries?

I am always grateful to you. I get good vibes from you and I with that I will work harder to make sure I make you happy.

◆ X Sports is celebrating its 9th anniversary

Congratulations X Sports. I hope you prosper and thank you.

http://www.hancinema.net/interview-lee-min-ho-hallyu-star-awkward-but-proud-98672.html

• Like 9

Old article: HAPPY CHUSEOK DAY!!!

19 Korean Actors That Are Super Hot in Hanboks

19 Korean Actors That Are Super Hot in Hanboks

Last time, we wrote about actresses that look especially beautiful in hanboks (traditional Korean clothing). Well, we couldn’t leave out the hot male actors! Hanboks are not the easiest garments to pull off and sageuk hair can be even more difficult. Let’s take some time to appreciate our favorite actors who can pull it off effortlessly. Here’s our list of actors that are true hanbok hotties. Who is the hottest of them all? Share your favorites in the comments below!

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho is really handsome in anything, and especially so in a hanbok. The actor was a sizzling bodyguard in “The Great Doctor” (also known as “Faith”). Who would like to see him in more sageuk dramas?

*****skipped unrelated*****

http://www.soompi.com/2015/12/05/19-korean-actors-that-are-super-hot-in-hanboks/

• Like 5

Whoa, so many spoilers! :astonished::bawling:

They both look so good that it doesn't look like a drama filming but a concept photoshoot :) I'm just hoping that there's mega-chemistry between them! Oh my, I think we're in for so much more than we've imagined, chingus! 

Is this for real---they made the local news in Barca?

CsbcDbgWgAAhnaM?format=jpg&name=large

cr DiariDeGirona

EDIT: it's real...the BTS photos were taken by a local news outlet, and LMH and JJH were featured in the local news >>> http://www.diaridegirona.cat/girona/2016/09/14/lee-min-ho-and-jeon/804408.html

Sidelight:. HBO's Game of Thrones filmed in the same location, too! Isn't that great? Our boy is indeed going places! :wub:

• Like 8