Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Happy B-day June 22! Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest guadi

adamfever

said:

guadi

said: @adamfever @pixie0622 - I hope you two are right, but I don't know, I just feel that he means playing someone younger. Would you be okay if he were to play someone in his late teen or early twenties again? I don't even want to think how I'd react. But Kim Jong-dae could be described as a coming of age story because he'll play someone in his twenties (early?), but since it's a noir, it gives us a darker and rougher vibe with '70s fashion *wutttt* 

@adamfever - I think he'll look hot with a stubble, but not like the one in Faith because that one was not real

;)

guadi said: I'm not worried about GB since it's been established that it will be a dark political thriller. but his answer makes me think of the role after GB. I'm not in the know, but at this point I feel that he's probably reviewing scripts for the role after GB. This youth answer just sticks with me and it's not the first time he's mentioned youth; he also talked about it in his pre- and post-Heirs interviews, but in those interviews he made it sound like he's moving on...so to come back a few months later and referring to be an "icon of youth" for the next remaining two years before he reaches 30s (Kr. Age), gives me a pause because I thought we (me and him :P ) were moving on from "youth". And I interpret the youth response he's referring to as people in their late teens, similar to Kim Tan or slightly older. 
---

I'm 100% confident he's not doing Chinese dramas. Chinese movies, yes, and that's been a possibility all along. Whatever the case, I hope it's a good script, something that challenges him and also a good story. I've said this before, I'm not at all sad if he doesn't do a Korean drama this year. Cinema gives him a better platform to take on interesting roles (if he's given those options). Dramas nowadays just seem so stale.   

califgirl said: I think he should do a special appearance in a Chinese drama to satisfy his Chinese fans as Bratt Pitt did in Friends, but I don't think it will boost his career much if he does the whole drama. If his Korean drama is a success, he will not only gain more Korean fans but also international but if his Chinese drama is, he might only gain Chinese fans. For example, a lot of countries made successful Hana Yori Dango drama series, but the Korean BOF is the most well known internationally, even Hollywood Reporter (a major publication focuses on Hollywood) only recommended the Korean one as the top 10 international TV shows:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/10-international-tv-shows-binge-667280#2-boys-flowers
Unless if he does a Chinese movie with some famous director that can help his movie to Hollywood. 

jellylovesfaith said: i really hope he doesn't do that Chinese drama because he may not be the lead and i really cannot stand Minho being second fiddle to anybody. The same goes for Hollywood. I doubt they are going to offer him his own movie regardless of how popular he is (did they even do it to Jackie Chan?) and he is bound to get teamed up with some other famous hollywood guy and i don't really mind that (I'm thinking along the line of Leonardo Dicaprio coz that guy used to be my childhood crush). But i still think he could do way better doing K movies and just becoming an ultra mega super star across the world, with no America involved :) i'm not against USA or anything. I just like to seee him succeding on his won like he did before

@Califgirl and @Jellylovesfaith: I agree with you, I hope he'd not do that Chinese drama.

I think Korea is well-known for making their dramas big hits, they have the techniques and are very professional at this.

In my opinion, one of the reasons why the Korean dramas are so popular is that they are not only beautifully made but also easily touch the heart of the audiences, it is because the Korean producers usually analyze the psychology and taste of the viewers carefully before they create the plot and build up the script for the dramas. The Korean actors and actresses are also well-known for their stunning look, everything about them on-screen is just perfect and eye-catching including their appearance, fashions, outfits…not to mention their very professional, great and natural acting. The cinematography and background music are also important factors that add to the drama's beauty. These all are kind of magic that attracts the viewers and got them addicted to the K-dramas. Every year a lot of Korean dramas are released and we have witnessed many of them have become famous internationally.

Another factor is that I don’t find any opportunity for him to improve his acting or any chance for him to make further progress in his career if he does that melo Chinese (triangle love) drama. The only thing that is beneficial is that he may gain more popularity but mainly in China and this will please his fans only.

These are reasons why I'd prefer him acting and succeeding in his homeland than in any other country. His successful Korean drama could be a big hit internationally so he could win the heart of not only Korean but also the international fans for sure. I also think there are still many differences in the way a Chinese drama and a Korean drama are made and there is also the language barrier.  

In my point of view, US movie is in another level and it is still a long way for him to reach the goal there.

The above are my personal opinions only, sorry for my limit vocabulary and I didn't mean to hurt or offend anyone here :\">

Guest guadi

What drama are you guys talking about? I'm confused :-? Did you mean the Chinese movie that mtdt posted? That "rumor" is a movie based on a novel. As far as I know he's not doing any Chinese drama. Plus, I think it's best not to take that rumor seriously or any casting rumor legitimately for that matter, until we hear news report from Starhaus. 
There are too many unreliable news floating around weibo :-/ 

guadi said: What drama are you guys talking about? I'm confused :-? Did you mean the Chinese movie that mtdt posted? That "rumor" is a movie based on a novel. As far as I know he's not doing any Chinese drama. Plus, I think it's best not to take that rumor seriously or any casting rumor legitimately for that matter, until we hear news report from Starhaus. 
There are too many unreliable news floating around weibo :-/ 

Guest guadi

^^ @Mimibecon‌ ah, I see. I got confused when you guys kept talking about that melo drama and I'm like "huh?" Wait, so some Vietnamese news sites translated the rumored movie to a rumored drama? Smh.

I don't think y'all should worry about him doing a Chinese drama. It's not gonna happen in this current state. Koreans do Chinese dramas because they get paid a lot but it's not gonna to advance their careers. I don't think he's stupid enough to take that route especially when he's flying high right now. Chinese films, though also a tough market for foreigners to crack, if done right there are huge career advantages.

Guest Moonrain

Minho should wear shorts more often. It fits him, more so coz he has long legs :) this pic gives off a youthful look ;))
a604511cgw1eeh0pzmvpoj20dc08wjs2.jpgCr: Odettewnko

Does anyone notice his expression is so touching here? I know he's acting in front of the camera only but there is a moment my eyes got teary. I don't know why I have the feeling his eye expression here is so deep and real, much deeper and realer than when he's acting the same in his previous dramas :-S.

938184a2gw1eegxc7aoy1g208c04pu0y.gif
938184a2gw1eegxc01hbxg208c04p7wi.gif