Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest Juli~<3

can you straighten your hair with a digital perm? does it go back to normal, or as soon as you straighten it, it's over?

i read somewhere in this thread that if you straighten it then you're basically changing the bonds in your hair so it won't be curly or as curly anymore.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest -innocence-

I've asked this before but no-one answered my question so I'll ask again.

What do you call digital perm in chinese? I was planning on getting it done when I go back Hong Kong.

^ i think it's called "so ma kook faht" ?

can you straighten your hair with a digital perm? does it go back to normal, or as soon as you straighten it, it's over?

^ i straightened my hair when i had my digital perm and it was still curly after i washed my hair

Guest Aravis

Has any of your gotten your digital perm redone?

When you guys wake up, does your hair still look nice? When I wake up, it looks like shitaki mushroom...

Yes, I did it eight months after the first one. It's still very nice. :) My hair wasn't that damaged either.

Yes, you can. It'll curl up again when you shower.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iPhets

hey i got a question..

my hair isnt naturally straight, its REALLY frizzy and has really random curls in it :( (that are ugly)

if i get the digital perm, can the stylist straighten the top part of my hair for me? will that work? as in permanent straightening but only on the top..

and since the digital perm changes the bonds in the hair, the bottom part (which is also frizzy) will defrizz and take the shape which they perm it in right?

Guest SeLcaQueen

i had a digitaL perm Last mar. 20 at a korean saLon. it'LL be 3mos. now on june 20. i think it stiLL Looks nice and curLy.

Guest ashhhley!

Question: what's the difference between a regular perm and a digital one?

Which one is better or like, less damaging?

I'm so stupid -.-

Your hair is SO pretty~

Question: what's the difference between a regular perm and a digital one?

Which one is better or like, less damaging?

I'm so stupid -.-

Your hair is SO pretty~

a digital one is supposed to be less damaging. personally i found that it fried my hair a bit less than a regular one.

Guest xmikix

digital perms are awesome..i got one for my high school grad...but it really does make your hair dry and urgh. I got pics but they're not very clear since my hairs VERRRRRRY black.

Guest seafoam_green

I had my digital perm (I live in Manila) in Azta Urban Salon.

Here's a picture after the perm: http://iampugeda.multiply.com/reviews/item/9

Here's a picture about a month after (I was trying out the Ulzzang style in Photoshop):

test2.jpg

(How do you resize pictures here?)

I've realized that the curls tend to be more defined just using a leave-on conditioner as compared to using curl-enhancing mousse or sprays. Will be trying out the Kerastase Oleo-Curl product to see how it works for my hair. :)

Guest .oOLimOo.

I'm confused... what's the difference between a digital and regular perm?

and is there way to un-perm it after a couple months to get it back to normal? or would I have to let it grow out?

Guest CaramelSweetie

Every single one of my friends who got a digital perm ended up straightening it again.

My friend wanted like Nam Gyu Ri curls

Ended up with an afro.

totally sucks for your friend much :rolleyes:

oops, didn't notice it was an old post. ;-;

Guest 13eky

i am going to be getting a digi perm when i go to korea! so i am really excited! ^^ anyone know why good cheap places in seoul to do it?

after seeing all yours hairs i am just so anxious! i don't have to curl my hair anymore for whatever the reason maybe! =D

Guest Aravis

I'm confused... what's the difference between a digital and regular perm?

and is there way to un-perm it after a couple months to get it back to normal? or would I have to let it grow out?

Mainly the curls that will come out.

perm1.jpg

^ Digital perm

perm.jpg

^ Regular perm

(Found via Google)

As you can see, digital perms give you looser, more airy type of curls compared to a regular perm. It's permanent. Your perm will wear off over time, but it will never be quite the same as your natural hair again, especially if you used to have super straight hair. The only way to get rid of it is to grow your hair out or chemically straighten it again.

Guest qefds

HI.

This question goes to anyone who has had the digital perm and had it lasting for a while.. What type of maintenence do you do to keep up with the digital perm?? the reason why I ask is because I read from somewhere that the hair wouldn't look good unless you had gels, serums, and stuff like that.. :/ Please help :unsure:

perm1.jpg

^ Digital perm

perm.jpg

^ Regular perm

(Found via Google)

As you can see, digital perms give you looser, more airy type of curls compared to a regular perm. It's permanent. Your perm will wear off over time, but it will never be quite the same as your natural hair again, especially if you used to have super straight hair. The only way to get rid of it is to grow your hair out or chemically straighten it again.

there are actually different types of perms you can have.

not all perms come out like that in the picture... you can ask to have smaller curls, or bigger curls, or medium sized curls. its the same for digital perm.

Guest .oOLimOo.

%7Boption%7Dperm1.jpg[/img

^ Digital perm

%7Boption%7Dperm.jpg[/img

^ Regular perm

(Found via Google)

Oh i see. Thank you for the info. :)

Are digital perms just as widely known as regular perms?

Guest YamaSushi7

Question!

So do only Asian salons do digital perms?

I want to get one, but I don't really know a salons here that will do that (Seattle).

And...I'm NOT going to Gene Juarez to get one if they have it...bleh.

Archived