Wow, those curls are really tight! You sure it's a digital perm? :P

Yeah, it looks like a regular perm..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swongwong

So, I didn't do enough research apparently before I got my perm. And now having read this, I realized that I wanted a digital perm instead of a normal one :S Because my hair is really thick and course, the normal perm that I just got, makes my hair waaay too poofy and dead at the end. . . . I was wondering if I could get a digital perm over a normal one, or would that mess it up even more . . . .any suggestions? I have no idea how they would even attempt to thin out this mop on my head.

Guest maydai3333

awww... you look soo pretty. my friend wanted to get a digital perm, but I keep think afro, so I was like NO!! dont get one. yours turned out really good

Guest Tsuki01

Hi! I have a quick question about digital perms...I have natural blonde hair with about half a head of highlights (blonde naturally hehe) I'm living in Japan at the moment and thinking of getting a digi perm and Im a bit paranoid about my hair turning green....the perm should be ok right?

does anyone know any good places in los angeles/ktown? or should i just get in korea?

hahah oh my gosh, if i had the option i'd most definitley choose korea! (:

they do hair sooo nice & it's a bit cheaper sometimes.

is there a difference between a Korean salon's digital perm -VS- a Japanese salon's body waves?

because i'm thinking of going to nyc's hayato salon (which supposedly has alotta other salons in Japan, London, NYC and the head stylist flies out 2x a week to go to each place :huh: ) ANYWAYS

So at this Japanese salon

their body wave is $65-100 (depending on the experience of the stylist) whereas their hair cuts are $60-120

How can the hair cuts be the same price as the "body wave"?

Am i missing something here?...

OR the 200-250 price people are mentioning include cut, style, and perm?

i've never hear of the japanese body wave...maybe you should try asking the hair stylists over there then?

mine was a bit more expensive than your price range- it's a prettty good deal.

so..the digital perm, in the first few weeks looks really crap? lol

as in too curly

mine was kinda really curly for the first 3 or 4 days and it SLOWLY loosens up(:

I've always wanted a digital perm cos they look soooo frickin' gorgeous!

Going HK in june & hopefully getting a perm done @ Mikami salon.

Anyone been there? Any good?

Oh, i'm planning on getting my hair dyed aswell... should i have it done before or after the perm or don't even consider it?

:]

yay! well, if you don't want your hair too damaged i suggest you don't get it dyed @ all :X

but if yo ureally want, i'd get your hair dyed before you get the perm.

How long does it usually take and how long does it last ? srry if it was already posted

it took a loong time for my perm b/c i have really thick hair.

i went to the hair salon at 12 and got out around 5 or 6.

mine lasted 8-9months and i still kind of have it but i straighten mine often :X

...which is bad, bad...bad ):

to those who got large, loose curls (like the girls who posted pictures at the beginning of this thread) how long was your hair (straight) when you got it done? The longest pieces of my hair (because its layered) reaches my boobs but doesn't pass them. Should I grow it out longer first?

mine was aorund that length but sometimes they insist on cutting your hair b/c they need it to be in layers.

i'd wait a little bit more, but it'd be fine with your length if you're okay with your hair reaching up a little past your shoulders.

I want to get it done so badly but i'm scared it will turn out bad.

i was scared to.

and almost cried when i first saw it lOL.

but it'll be fine (:

i'm going to korea this june!

and i wanted to get a digital perm there

i was wondering -

what is it called in korean?

if i ask for a "digital perm"

will they know what im talking about

and does anyone know of a good salon for this in seoul?

thanks! and sorry if this has been answered before

mhm, digital pama is fine like the person before answered.

So, I didn't do enough research apparently before I got my perm. And now having read this, I realized that I wanted a digital perm instead of a normal one :S Because my hair is really thick and course, the normal perm that I just got, makes my hair waaay too poofy and dead at the end. . . . I was wondering if I could get a digital perm over a normal one, or would that mess it up even more . . . .any suggestions? I have no idea how they would even attempt to thin out this mop on my head.

my hair used to be soooo poofy.

but after the perm, it kind of flattens out.

even when the perm leaves (:

my hair is so healthy after i got the perm LOL.

but it's different for everyone. i had so many split ends before...

your hair will still have volume but i'm sure they'll try & thin it out a little^^

Hi! I have a quick question about digital perms...I have natural blonde hair with about half a head of highlights (blonde naturally hehe) I'm living in Japan at the moment and thinking of getting a digi perm and Im a bit paranoid about my hair turning green....the perm should be ok right?

hopefully?

hahaha, i'm sure it'll be fine^^

tofuu: yours looks nothing like any digital perm i've seen before lol?

are you sure it was a digital perm? O___O

Guest changminxismine

i'm thinking about getting a digital perm, but i have naturally curly hair. would it still work?

Guest moonies

i was scared to.

and almost cried when i first saw it lOL.

but it'll be fine (:

same here....i almost cried after getting it done because it looks nothing like what i expected but after a few days, it got better

Guest Aravis

I'm planning on getting one.

Will it work if my hair is ... naturally wavy?

It's a light wave.

Yes. :) My natural hair has a slight wave to it, and the perm turned out really well. The process includes breaking down your hair's bonds anyway.

Guest Juli~<3

i'm planning on getting a perm of some sort but i'm not sure which one to get

from the thread i gathered that a digi perm just perms the ends? so does that mean the top is kind of flat still?

and a normal perm starts from the roots? but is it really true that your hair would never ever be the same again after perming it like that? and are there different size curls for the normal perm?

also my hair is quite fine and flat and i read that its better to have a japanese perm?

but is it still possible to have the digital perm?

because i want it to last a good 6 months rather than the 2-3 months with the japanese perm..

alsooo, does anybody recommend any salons in malaysia / hong kong / singapore?

my chinese is extremely limited so would you simply have to point at a picture?

because i dont want to say it in english then they think they understand then give me something i regret.

and whats the general price range?

Guest Aravis

i'm planning on getting a perm of some sort but i'm not sure which one to get

from the thread i gathered that a digi perm just perms the ends? so does that mean the top is kind of flat still?

and a normal perm starts from the roots? but is it really true that your hair would never ever be the same again after perming it like that? and are there different size curls for the normal perm?

also my hair is quite fine and flat and i read that its better to have a japanese perm?

but is it still possible to have the digital perm?

because i want it to last a good 6 months rather than the 2-3 months with the japanese perm..

alsooo, does anybody recommend any salons in malaysia / hong kong / singapore?

my chinese is extremely limited so would you simply have to point at a picture?

because i dont want to say it in english then they think they understand then give me something i regret.

and whats the general price range?

Not just the ends. Normally, they start somewhere around your ears. You can request to go higher and lower than that if you want, but keeping the roots straight makes the perm look better, in my opinion. It doesn't look too bushy.

As for the normal perm, I've heard about that too. I've never had one myself, but I read somewhere that instead of working on the hair, it works on the actual roots where the hair grows. Again, never actually had a normal perm, so I could be wrong.

Guest eatinghappypills

what products do you use in your hair to keep the curls from

looking nice and making you hair soft as well as giving it some

good nutrients?

Guest foreverandaday

Has any of your gotten your digital perm redone?

When you guys wake up, does your hair still look nice? When I wake up, it looks like shitaki mushroom...

Guest aquapoppie

^No, and I need to get em redone badly. It's starting to uncurl and looks like a bird's nest if I leave it alone :crazy:

At least my hair looks like it has natural waves, instead of just having curly ends on the bottom and super straight hair on top.

Guest inspired04

Has any of your gotten your digital perm redone?

When you guys wake up, does your hair still look nice? When I wake up, it looks like shitaki mushroom...

how long has it been since you got the perm? has your hair always been like that after you wake up in the morning?

ah, i'm having second thoughts about getting the perm now :x

Guest yuwah

hi!!

I'm wondering how it looks like when you have your hair in a ponytail or knot??

because when i've to work i can't let my hair loose.. so can someone please show me some pictures? :D

Guest foreverandaday

how long has it been since you got the perm? has your hair always been like that after you wake up in the morning?

ah, i'm having second thoughts about getting the perm now :x

i've had it for 4 months

it doesn't look too bad now if i shower in the morning, i just want it to start a little higher and have more defined curls

int he morning, after i wake up, it always looked a little straight and ugly.. but with some other girls it looked nice =/

Guest Sanochi

I've asked this before but no-one answered my question so I'll ask again.

What do you call digital perm in chinese? I was planning on getting it done when I go back Hong Kong.

Guest ejoong

can you straighten your hair with a digital perm? does it go back to normal, or as soon as you straighten it, it's over?

Archived