Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest l-ing

i've posted on this topic before.. it's been ard half a year since i've gt perm hair..

now its like this...

pinkdress.jpg

DSC00222-1.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

Untitled-2copy-2.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

nt as curly..but the curls are still there.. and i love them coz i feel tt i can style them into different patterns to achieve a certain feeling or look..

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow l-ing, I love your hair!! I wanna get something like that too!! haha.. by the way, is that medium size curls.. or something else?

Guest l-ing

wow l-ing, I love your hair!! I wanna get something like that too!! haha.. by the way, is that medium size curls.. or something else?

haha..im not so sure also...i jus go to my stylist and say i wan curls..he always design something that he thinks tt suits me and often we try new designs.. but i always love his creation...perhaps u can show ur stylist the curls u like ..he/she may give u some advice..

Guest judyjudychan

I got a digital perm last year in the summer, and it's lasted a year...it may not be curlier than before, but my hair is more wavy now.

This was a pic 2 months after my perm:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Rain...3/Picture11.jpg

4-6 months:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Rain...Picture7651.jpg

Recently 8 months:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Rain.../moto_01351.jpg

So my curls are still holding...I just do a lot of scrunching after a shower, no products...and I haven't brushed my hair in a year, except for my bangs O.o. Now my hair has grown down to my lower back. I would say a digital perm is well worth it if you go to a really good place. I got mine done at a Koreantown salon in China, and it was around $70 CAD.

ur hair is really pretttyyy~~ ^^

it doesnt look that damaged and the curls don't look messed up like my friend`s >"< &&tht was pretty cheap O__O"! lucky~ ^^

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

is there a difference between a Korean salon's digital perm -VS- a Japanese salon's body waves?

because i'm thinking of going to nyc's hayato salon (which supposedly has alotta other salons in Japan, London, NYC and the head stylist flies out 2x a week to go to each place :huh: ) ANYWAYS

So at this Japanese salon

their body wave is $65-100 (depending on the experience of the stylist) whereas their hair cuts are $60-120

How can the hair cuts be the same price as the "body wave"?

Am i missing something here?...

OR the 200-250 price people are mentioning include cut, style, and perm?

Guest Freshh

i've always wondered what a digital perm looks like

maybe i'll try it after my hair grows out

Guest v_23

LOL. completely off topic, but:

when i first read the thread topic,

i saw Digitial Sperm.

i was like what the???

sperms flying around in monitors?

Then I was thinking how it's even possible,

and how funny the phrase was...

and before I knew it, I clicked on the thread,

and realized my mistake.

LOL wth.

but whatever, yea i like your hair! especially ranie (or something like that)!!

Guest slee

I've always wanted a digital perm cos they look soooo frickin' gorgeous!

Going HK in june & hopefully getting a perm done @ Mikami salon.

Anyone been there? Any good?

Oh, i'm planning on getting my hair dyed aswell... should i have it done before or after the perm or don't even consider it?

:]

so..the digital perm, in the first few weeks looks really crap? lol

as in too curly

yes lol, well for me it looked so blehh and I had to hide at home for a couple of days til the curls died down. Now, the curls are a bit more loose for me : ).

I've always wanted a digital perm cos they look soooo frickin' gorgeous!

Going HK in june & hopefully getting a perm done @ Mikami salon.

Anyone been there? Any good?

Oh, i'm planning on getting my hair dyed aswell... should i have it done before or after the perm or don't even consider it?

:]

is the mikami salon the one where janice the model or was it angela who advertised for their salon?

Guest slee

^^^

Both Janice & AngelaBaby advertised for them.

So i'm thinking they must be good since they did their hair for them @ their 'salon opening show'. :|

But would like some first hand experience instead!

I'd kill for their hair. :P

Guest tofuu

Two of my friend's got perms and I think it looks really pretty :D They both got the exact same curl size (it's a lot more tighter than the ones in this thread). One of 'em wanted more loose-looking curls but the man at the salon said it wouldn't look nice after awhile since they kind of die out haha

asdasdasd.jpgsdfsdfsdf.jpg

LEFT: Recently

RIGHT: After a year

Guest babiloveyoo

How long does it usually take and how long does it last ? srry if it was already posted

Guest skimchee

to those who got large, loose curls (like the girls who posted pictures at the beginning of this thread) how long was your hair (straight) when you got it done? The longest pieces of my hair (because its layered) reaches my boobs but doesn't pass them. Should I grow it out longer first?

Guest Aravis

Two of my friend's got perms and I think it looks really pretty :D They both got the exact same curl size (it's a lot more tighter than the ones in this thread). One of 'em wanted more loose-looking curls but the man at the salon said it wouldn't look nice after awhile since they kind of die out haha

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Jae7en/asdasdasd.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/Jae7en/sdfsdfsdf.jpg

LEFT: Recently

RIGHT: After a year

Wow, those curls are really tight! You sure it's a digital perm? :P

Guest teji.powa

i'm going to korea this june!

and i wanted to get a digital perm there

i was wondering -

what is it called in korean?

if i ask for a "digital perm"

will they know what im talking about

and does anyone know of a good salon for this in seoul?

thanks! and sorry if this has been answered before

Guest yellowtutu

I regret getting my digital perm. It messed up my silky, no split-ends hair and I actually had to get it done again 1 week later because it was all gone.. I'm most likely going to get magic straight during the summer. Poor hair :(

Archived