Official 20+ Jobs Thread

Aziraphale

I heard job-hopping is a positive move, especially for those who are just starting off in their career. All the experience looks good on the resume, but you also learn from it. Though, I'm not suggesting one work at a job for two months then jump to another... just consider trying out in different companies before settling for a permanent job.

Anyway, I hate my job. Underpaid, but the people are fun.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarkWaltz

I've been applying to computer/software engineering jobs in california, but i'm a canadian citizen living in canada right now. So, I'd need a company to sponsor my H1-B visa or gotta have that green card. It's harder for me because most of the jobs give priority to local applicants and US citizens.

I'm a Project Manager for a large construction firm,

It pays very well but the job is extremely demanding

I plan to work for seven more years and retire.

WTF. Retire in 7 years? How long have you been in the industry if you don't mind me asking? Retiring in the next decade is a pipe dream for me.

Guest knickstorm

graduated from college in may, havent found a full time job yet, but doing a side job hosting a mixed martial arts show on ImaginAsian TV to buy time

Guest darkeyes

I'm not sure I like my Current job or don't like (they won't let me use the H word) it whole heartedly.. I work as a 2nd grade paraprofessional. I have a bachelor degree in Management and so far Couldn't find anything decent related to it.. Gotta pay off student loans so I took this job.. I've never worked with kids before so I'm learning a lot I think it may contribute to my future career.. But there are lots of patience and people management involved (along with screaming and talking loudly) in this job (since I've never been around kids that much, I'm finding it a bit difficult).. But I'm being optimistic.

I wish I could work at some Asian country to gain more experience and knowledge about international business. Also I'm going for MBA..

I've been applying to computer/software engineering jobs in california, but i'm a canadian citizen living in canada right now. So, I'd need a company to sponsor my H1-B visa or gotta have that green card. It's harder for me because most of the jobs give priority to local applicants and US citizens.

why not try some jobs in canada???

like RIM. or something along the lines of those.

if you're a graduate and the company wants you bad enough they'll definitely give you the visa or green card.

Guest heartkiller

at my job some people can be so rude they dont understand that we're human and can make mistakes the first time you screw up you can get one of those customers that complains up a storm. or you get these people who dont know how to clean up after themselves and leave food all over the place or cant control their kids and they are either screaming their lungs out like they got no sense

end of story

Guest tontamoo

My side job is to catch intruders in this forum. The paid is $2.99. :lol:

I've actually wondered about that: how you guys are so quick to find intruders. I thought perhaps the mods had some special setting that displayed people's birthdays on the left-hand side or something, or do you actually need to check the profiles and all that? Maybe you can't give away the secrets of the trade? :lol:

Anyway, I'm currently working in social work. It's a privately-owned vendor of supported living services for individuals with developmental disabilities and challenging behavior but funded by the government. The pay is, of course, definitely uhhh lacking but there is a lot of upward mobility within the company and quick too, I must say. My plan is to gain as much experience as I can with team management, crisis management, etc. before I decide my next step.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pinkie pink

i'm a full time office girl working at a telecoms company

side job... if i'm not to busy i volunteer at an elderly home :) (i don't get paid though... but it's okay it gives me contentment)

I'm an artist at a game company... best job ever!! Except sitting in front of a computer all day can be kind of distracting from work :P

Same here bud. After being basically jobless for a year, I'm now a Sushi chef! Not really boring or tiering at all. Plus you get to meet lots of people. The time goes by fast. I can't see myself working at a desk or doing some other repetitive laborious jobs. Pay is great compared to my last job.

I was just wondering what are the steps to become a sushi chef. Do I have to get certificates and stuff?? heelllppp

As far as I go, I don't have any of that. The managers at my restaurant are close relatives, and are teaching me how to make rolls and stuff. As far as I Know, the same goes for them. They have years of experience working at a popular Japanese restaurant here in Iowa.

Guest vinylswing

after 23 years of bumming around, i finally got a job... now i just need a girlfriend...

Sounds like me. I got my first job at 22 but took a couple months after graduation to find it. The position is not what I expected but the pay is good for what I have to do.

Guest sasuke-kun

Sounds like me. I got my first job at 22 but took a couple months after graduation to find it. The position is not what I expected but the pay is good for what I have to do.

im just getting an hourly job :( i dont even have a college degree or anything... yet... :)

Archived