Quantcast
Aziraphale

Official 20+ Jobs Thread

I'm an optician.....it's my first job and I've never done anything else besides this. If I don't get a hefty raise soon, I'm leaving to find another job just to experience the world in different environments. However the schedule here is so darn flexible that I'm really tempted to not leave......

Guest xl0lxl0lx

well, u won't get the whole story because it's long, so plz don't judge me. neways, i worked at a restaurant owned by a viet couple. i must admit, i made a FEW mistakes and often came late to work. yeah, i had faults, but so did they. they were completely unprofessional and jerks (much more to that but won't get into details atm), paying me less than they should have, etc.

nehow, after hating working with them for a month, i gave my two weeks notice last week. their only other server is my friend who can't work around the clock, so i decided to give them time to find someone. yesterday, i made a mistake (and honestly, i don't make mistakes often). he was pissed n told me if i don't come in tomorrow it's fine, so i said, "fine, i won't." i'm not gonna finish the last week either.

so technically, had i quit or was i fired? because on job applications, u have to answer if u were ever terminated from a job. i want a definite answer, but at the same time, things got too (VERY) personal for me to want to come back n talk to them.

Guest papabear

As you already gave 2 weeks notice, I say you quit--but be ready to explain if you are asked.

just wondering what it's like workin at a bank? as well...when they ask u why u wanna work there, wat do u say??

Guest tokyo_chick

Can somebody help me get another job??? I am in sales...have been working for Rosetta Stone for 3yrs now...and I am T_T everyday on the inside. I was out of college for two years and just got back. I don't have any complaints just want to find a job better suited for loners. Anything that has to do with Photography/ Graphic Design/ or Film.

Guest yib

So I might have an opportunity to work for Samsung in Seoul. However, I've heard that the Korean government hardly issues work visas for people with BS or an MS. Is this true? It sounds like a load of crap to me. It doesn't make any logical sense but then many things in this world don't make any sense. :( Does anyone know if this is true? I've looked around on the Korean embassy website but didn't find anything. Thanks!

Guest se7en

I applied for 2 jobs since I only go to school 3 days a week next semester. I hope I get the lab assistant jobs, cause I am desperate to enter the laboratory sector. *sigh*

Guest moulinrouge

Interested in this job!! ive been reading books and researching stuff online, I can't seem to find internships for this particular field.. does anyone know if they exist?

i'm a college student and i'm trying to prepare for landing a job as a pharm rep upon graduation. in the meantime, getting relevant sales experience to help my resume.

anyone have anything they can impart relating to the field? Thank you~!

Guest Me2

still in college and currently working at petsmart as a cashier...not a bad job if you love animals^^

Guest Etsu

Im actually.. job hunting atm. Well.. as part time, since im still in University :| Can't find any work experience in my related areas yet..

Fashion is just.. so challenging :( sigH......*

Guest Nojeel

I run my family's bakery business in the morning and I also work as a fitness therapist after that; 7 days a week. Yea, so basically I don't really have a social life right now and I think the last movie I saw in theatres was Over the Hedge which was like 6 months ago. :D

Guest thefunkz

I need an extra job to pay my rent, bills, etc. Does anyone have one of those jobs where you work at anytime you want? Like filling out online surveys and stuff? Thanks!

Guest Irysinon

I do a work at home job. Basically, I just advertise for the company and each time someone submits a registration form with my ID, I get paid. Check out my profile if you want to see the opportunities. I don't know if it works internationally though. I'm in Canada.

Anyway, when searching online be careful, there are TONS of scams out there. Also, a lot of the jobs aren't actually jobs but manuals sent to your home that give you all the information you need in order to start your own business.

Guest suki_*

just wondering what it's like workin at a bank? as well...when they ask u why u wanna work there, wat do u say??

I work at a Bank right now. As a Resourcing Consultant/Coordinator.

It's like a nice office in hell. work never stops!!!! once you think ur done there's more!!!

Basically, it takes alot of patience, tolerance, and good memory, organization and effort to handle high volume work.

Right now, i'm screening resumes, scheduling interviews, writing up offer letters, and handling vendors/candidates at the same time... all this sounds easy, but once you know the whole process it's HELL. I walked into this job thinking it's a piece of cake just reading the description (what i listed above) but the hierarchy and the people you have to connect with in order to hire/schedule/talk to... is ridiculously stressful!!!!

that's Human Resources at a bank for you. but if you are talking about Retail, then that's worse!!! it's the lowest of lowest for bank jobs. and they don't get paid overtime either which they always end up staying late for during their work.

One thing good about working at a bank though is that the pay is good.... but for some roles that you have to do is just not worth th money.

Guest unik

Do you think a designing and website advertising business is a good one to open up? and hows about computer networking and pc maintainance? I wanted to start up a business and these ideas seem to be the easiest to go 4 but im not sure if i would be able to do it. and another question is. do u know if there are many of these businesses out there? and how hard is it to compete and wat is the earning profit rate? Thanks for helping.

Guest nkaujrog

*stands up* So, uh, I hate my job. *sits back down*

lol.

*raises her hand*

i hate mine, too.

:blink:

.mMy.

Interested in this job!! ive been reading books and researching stuff online, I can't seem to find internships for this particular field.. does anyone know if they exist?

i'm a college student and i'm trying to prepare for landing a job as a pharm rep upon graduation. in the meantime, getting relevant sales experience to help my resume.

anyone have anything they can impart relating to the field? Thank you~!

o

I know a lot of soon to be pharm reps. Probably one of the best things that they can tell you is working at a hospital. In clinic, in patient settings, etc. You'll learn the ins and outs of the industry and it'll give you a foot in the door. Some people have also chosen to be pharm assistants or techs to be able to say - "I know how this place works."

Also, if you work for the right hospital - they'll pay for part of your school. Kaiser here in California will pay 2000 a year for school, as long as it's a major that will help them in the future. They also give you a grant that allows you have "8 hours of work" on your time card to compensate for the hours you go to school - basically, get paid to go to school for 8 hours a week instead of work 40 hr week then school - you go to work 32hrs and school 8 but get paid for 40.

I just stepped down from a pretty high up position to what's looking doomy and gloomy on the new job so I can go back to school. I have two weeks to decide - did I make a mistake?

Old Job: laptop, company card, pretty much my own hours, easy going bosses (note the word bosses: 15), considered boarder line management.

New Job: hours to go to school (basically part time now), not so nice boss, challenge (I like those though), closer to home, puts me back in with patients, department not so friendly.

**sigh** I have to go be an adult now and go to work

Guest QCJ626

from what i see in this thread already... majority of ppl hate their jobs....

all i can say is find what you really love doing and do what makes you happy! otherwise life is lived short...

i know matter of fact that i love my job, and the opratunity it has presented for me. coming from a poor family living in a trailer park...

i now model full time. get to travel and see places i would normaly never get to see in my life time. and im very lucky and fourtunet to get work based off my looks and talents. this is not somthing for the slacker... from it may appear easy. please... in the 5months ive been doing this ive seen and experienced so much in this industry that many ppl will never see or know about. i dont plan on doing this job for ever, but i plan to take the oppratunities that present them selves with futre contacts to establish new work for my slef.

So every one Do what makes you HAPPY! life is SHORT! live it!

Guest masala_chai_tea

I am currently working as a curatorial research assistant at an art gallery. It's interesting and informative because I get to see everything through a different lens. I'm used to being the visual artist rather than working with assisting artists, so it's been fun! The best advice I can give is to network. Networking has brought me a lot of job offers that I wouldn't have received otherwise.