Official 20+ Jobs Thread

Aziraphale

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest severus

I was born for the HK life. People complain about the humidity and heat but I'd take that over our blizzards any day. The choicessss. Do I want a night of models and bottles? Or do I want to chill on the beach? Or do I want to play mahjong in a mongkok back alley? Or do I want to fly to Taiwan and pig out? Or do I want a weekend in Kyoto? Or do I want go to the horse races? Do I want to go to the horse races in Wanchai? Do I want to go to the horse races in Yau Ma Tei?

You can be glam high heels and champagne and have fun at places like Ozone. But then you can put on your adidas pool slippers and shorts and head to rock pools and chill in nature. 

I'd also love Shanghai, better street food. But work culture there is probably a little different. I imagine being a young banker in HK is more fun than Shanghai. HK is a good fit for me in terms of western and Chinese culture, democracy and freedom of information, but you can also whip your kids if they get a B+. 

I went to ask about the job I want and I got an e-mail about the other one. They gave us the date. There's a part in the e-mail that says we need to tell them as soon as possible if we won't work there to give our places to other people. It's like it's there to make me feel worse.

^accept the other one first and if you get the one you want, ditch the other one?

It's already accepted. I don't like that I won't know about the one I want for a while. The one I want is seasonal to full-time. It's full-time guaranteed for people who are seen working. The other one is one month and it pays well, but there's way too much stuff in there that could keep me from staying. Extension of the term depends on how well the company sells and there's a clause that says that they can terminate at any time for any reason without having to disclose it. If I knew if I got the other one, I would be able to let the HR guy know so he can get another person struggling to get a job. If I knew I didn't get the other one, I wouldn't be thinking about it.

Guest severus

The struggle of talking to an attractive investment banker at a networking event, who's realllyyyyy passionate about his job. And it was this aggressive passion about mergers and acquisitions with super intense eye contact. So incredibly hard to focus on what he was saying while fighting the strong desire to bone him.

At one point he was talking about oil rig assets and then said something about horizontal and vertical and I almost LOST it.  

Some guys you meet and you're like oh he's cute, I could go on a date with him. But guys like this you're like ohpleasejustdomeverticallyandhorizontally 

^i have to say, thats very noble of you. my only thought was to screw HR over.

^ Agree with screwing HR over. Have never had a good experience with HR, sometimes all I think they do in their department is eat snacks and watch grey anatomy.

All I know about HR is the head of the department who actually likes working there and wants people to work there. He told us that we were all basically in because less than half of us showed up. We were all ready to try compete and we all got in. It was good for everybody.

Now I have another issue. I got an e-mail about a job event at a place I applied to a month ago. After I applied, I got a screening call asking if I would be fine with background and drug tests and the hours and pay. I said I was good with all of them and that was it. I think this is the actual hiring process, but I got this information too late. It's coming up in two days and I don't think I'll make it. It wouldn't have been as much of a problem if I got this last week. I think I'll stick to the month job and plan around it. I'm tired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I updated my linkedin profile pic and all of a sudden I get an increase in people who want to connect with me.  Most I dont even know.  I would understand if they were in recruitment but only one was. I realised a profile pic must make a person's profile look better or something.  Wonder if I should accept their invitations. 

Guest severus

Dude, the job turns out to be three weeks, not two. It would be great if I could get a cheap room, but people are asking for "back round" checks.

Is that some kind of code for buttsex in your area? 

Dude, the job turns out to be three weeks, not two. It would be great if I could get a cheap room, but people are asking for "back round" checks.

Is that some kind of code for buttsex in your area? 

I think so, but I don't want to find out.

On 11/30/2015, 3:05:30, Roasty said:

So I updated my linkedin profile pic and all of a sudden I get an increase in people who want to connect with me.  Most I dont even know.  I would understand if they were in recruitment but only one was. I realised a profile pic must make a person's profile look better or something.  Wonder if I should accept their invitations. 

I would - the whole purpose of LinkedIn is to leverage the network effect by adding more people and by extension expand the footprint of your network and your visibility across that network through your posts and updates.

So, all employees of the company will not have a salary increase for the next year because the company did not make enough profit...

If the company lay off employees... I'm going to study another career with better job placement. Still, there is no guarantee in this world. Even in government jobs have cuts. Ah, should I just move somewhere else ? Everywhere is the same. I guess.

I really shouldn't have complained so much about my factory job especially compared to the candy kitchen job. I'd take carrying slightly heavy boxes to working with b****** in the kitchen. You get two breaks at the factory compared to the one lunch break. The only good thing was getting to see an attractive guy at the kitchen. Never thought I would see one there. They're as rare as unicorns.

No wonder my China friend hates it there. I would hate it too if I had to work more than one day there.

Guest severus
2 hours ago, halfmoonsmile said:

I really shouldn't have complained so much about my factory job especially compared to the candy kitchen job. I'd take carrying slightly heavy boxes to working with b****** in the kitchen. You get two breaks at the factory compared to the one lunch break. The only good thing was getting to see an attractive guy at the kitchen. Never thought I would see one there. They're as rare as unicorns.

No wonder my China friend hates it there. I would hate it too if I had to work more than one day there.

Candy factory =\= candy kitchen???

15 hours ago, severus said:

Candy factory =\= candy kitchen???

They're two different places. The place I normally work at is usually packaging candy and receiving orders from customers. Once I saw an order from the writers of a known TV show. Strange how they don't get somebody to go to a store to pick a pack of reese's instead. 

The kitchen is the place where they make and wrap candy. I can't eat the candy there though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived