Official 20+ Jobs Thread

Aziraphale

Just had an interview earlier today at another hospital for a position I have no experience in, but have a general idea about since my current position requires me to be in contact with those from that very department. I don't remember how long the interview was for my current position (panel interview with three people), but this one felt like AGES despite being interviewed only by two people this time! It lasted for about 40 minutes, then they sprung a test onto me, which I finished in about 10 minutes despite being given 20 minutes to do. Got home awhile go and checked my e-mail only to see HR wanted me to do some tests online and completed them not too long ago. I am taking it as a good sign since if they weren't even considering me, they would not have e-mailed me to do even more tests, right? According to the manager I will know if I get the position or not by tomorrow, if not the next day. No guarantee I will get it since I have no experience in the position I applied for, but I am nervous already! There will be TONS to learn and lets just say that my role means I am in charge of pretty much the whole patient flow process throughout the ENTIRE HOSPITAL.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an internal posting for an associate position in corporate banking in Singapore today, but obvs I'm not yet qualified. Fingers crossed for an analyst posting in Singa soon though, and preferably in investment banking instead. 

The question is, can you handle the Singapore humidity? Been there a few times and the humidity still gets me everytime. Hits you right in the face as soon as you get outside.

It's been weeks since I filled out the employment paperwork for my two-week job in December and I haven't gotten anything else. I was told that we were going to get an e-mail regarding shifts after the paperwork, but I didn't get anything yet. I think I should contact the HR guy.

I also applied to another place and it's been a week since they sent my background check information. I don't know when to call because I was told that it takes about a week for non-seasonal processing and now they have a lot of clients for seasonal applications. It's a bad place to be in. If the "guaranteed" one falls through, I'm in trouble and I want the other one more, so if I go for the guaranteed one, the other one isn't an option anymore.

Guest severus

^i think she will die from boredom before the heat gets to her.

Whattttt I heard Singa was fun. Some of my friends had the time of their lives there, and night life is pretty good? Apparently partying in Singa beats partying in Thailand because it's just as fun without the sketchiness? Models and bottles? 

Guest severus

^ Compared to some of the other places I've been to, Singapore is pretty ave and repetitive.

Night life in Singapore = Zouk, plenty of "millionaires" will try get a slice of your cake, I know you dig that.

Yeah all I hear about is Zouk, two of my friends have been partying in NYC, HK, Paris, London, and somehow really love Zouk. 

Zouk in Kuala Lumpur was fun, probably greasier than the one Singa, but fun. 

I think partying anywhere else will be fun to me now, my city is soooo stale that I've been going to the strip club 70% of the time I'm out. Half of the fun in nights out is talking to interesting hot young strangers, but suchhhhh a meek pool here. 

^come to think of it, i think youd fit right in in singapore.

i was in bangkok a few weeks ago, my first time there as well. i think ed helms character in the hangover summed it up perfectly in the second one, quote richard simmons bangkok. i had only scratched the surface as well.

Guest severus

Lol your way of telling me I'm boring.

I met some Canadian expats in Singapore who were in HK for Rugby Sevens a year and a half ago, seems like Canadians find Singapore a good fit because it's clean, orderly, and still more exciting than Canada. 

DID YOU GO TO FULL MOON PARTY? Blurry memory, but I know I had fun. 

I met some Canadian expats in Singapore who were in HK for Rugby Sevens a year and a half ago, seems like Canadians find Singapore a good fit because it's clean, orderly, and still more exciting than Canada. 

Singapore has expats from everywhere. Probably easier to do shady business over there.

Why do you want to work so far away from home? It's actually easier said than done.

had to google it. didnt even know what that was. but no, i stayed in bangkok only. lets just say i had other reasons to be there hur hur.

NOOOO way! If I'm thinking of what you're thinking then.... REALLY?? Haha

^you mean the friendly hospitality of the people of thailand and their lovely but spicy cuisine?

hehe.

on a different note. bangkok is a strange city. its the only place ive been to where girls do the head turning. probably working girls though. but its still nice to have the attention.

Guest motherducker

On a related note about Thailand, I remember being there a few years ago with family, strolling this one long street by the ocean in Pattaya and there were literally all these girls lined up there. 

It was a congo line of prostitutes and ladyboys. I told my younger brother that they were prostitutes and he refused to believe me, saying "how can you be so ignorant, maybe they're just hanging out."

Uh, who wears hooker platforms and skimpy outfits to hang out? That one lady is leading that old white guy to a probably dark alley. 

Bless his young naive soul. 

Guest severus

Singapore has expats from everywhere. Probably easier to do shady business over there.

Why do you want to work so far away from home? It's actually easier said than done.

I've always wanted to work all over the world, and I'm not really the type to get homesick so it all works out. Canadian cities are always rated highly on quality of life but I've lived in 3 so far, and none are really a good fit...maybe for retiring white people yeah but omggg so stale. 

I've always wanted to work all over the world, and I'm not really the type to get homesick so it all works out. Canadian cities are always rated highly on quality of life but I've lived in 3 so far, and none are really a good fit...maybe for retiring white people yeah but omggg so stale. 

have you ever thought of heading to asia? I think youll love the hk life

have you ever thought of heading to asia? I think youll love the hk life

Can you tell me more about the HK life? I've always somewhat been curious + interested in the culture of HK :)

Archived