Official 20+ Jobs Thread

Aziraphale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, halfmoonsmile said:

I thought I had a good interview. Nope! I didn't get the richard simmons job.

awww. welp, there's other companies to apply to! wow...it's like blind dates kind of if you think about it (o @ o) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

has anyone who works a minimum wage job ever taken a vacation before? My mother wants to take me to Japan aka my dream travel destination next year but since I only work a part-time minimum wage job at a restaurant I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take more than a certain amount of days off.

@lovelymacaron it would vary depending if your job allows you to take off so many days and how far in advance you have to call it off. Plus depending on how long you have been working as well. It's better to ask a higher up that you're comfortable with to know of it. ^^

Anyways, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here since making a new thread isn't allowed I believe. But anyways... 

I recently got involved with an essential company and my CEO that I'm working for also happens to be the founder of SIVA GROUP that is also a part of the essential company and if anyone in the Los Angeles/SOCAL area is looking to work part time, even if you’re working full time/or in school, but has a love for KPOP or music in general, please message me for details. You don't have to have a business major or be efficient in it, just looking to build a big team is all. ^^ Thanks.

On 12/6/2016 at 7:13 PM, lovelymacaron said:

has anyone who works a minimum wage job ever taken a vacation before? My mother wants to take me to Japan aka my dream travel destination next year but since I only work a part-time minimum wage job at a restaurant I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take more than a certain amount of days off.

Depending on how look you've been working there but since its a restaurant, they most likely won't give PTO.

Just go on the trip anyways.  I'm assuming you're in your late teen's/early 20's and you're in school still.  You have the rest of your life to work. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knockblock
On 11/19/2016 at 11:03 AM, Hanulsky82 said:

I can't find a job right now. I studied illustration at F.I.T. and all my illustrated books were rejected by publishing companies. I'm a korean american girl. So I'm worried and depressed.

You were rejected by publishing companies, bummer. I hope you try again. Maybe there'll be someone who likes your work.

I'm trying to find a new job. My last job was hard to work for. I'll enjoy all the free time I have until I get a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 4:45 AM, knockblock said:

You were rejected by publishing companies, bummer. I hope you try again. Maybe there'll be someone who likes your work.

I'm trying to find a new job. My last job was hard to work for. I'll enjoy all the free time I have until I get a new one.

I might try again until someone finally publishes my work, there are a lot of publishing companies.

I really hope you find a job. I bet you are a great worker, strong and independent.

• 3 months later...

I want to quit my job..The people are nice and my boss is understanding but the environment...my workplace has no windows (weird reason I know) and it stresses me out for some reason (plus sometimes I feel like I'm working in prison lol). Sometimes after work my colleagues and I joke on how we finally escaped "The cave" lol.

However, I'm anxious that I can't find a new job since my qualifications aren't that high and I lack experience..Furthermore, other than the work environment I don't exactly have many complaints about my job besides the fact that I wanna gain experience in other areas. Perhaps in another year or so I will quit after I've gone for courses provided by the company (if i were to request) haha.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'm so stupid... quit my job (which i didn't like but didn't exactly hate) because i thought i had another one in the bag and wanted to take a few weeks off. i mean they invited me over for drinks after they ran my reference checks so everything looked good. 

well, fast forward 2 months and they're still "not yet ready to make an offer" -- whatever that means. i should've just waited until next Feb when I get my 10% annual bonus but nope, always too optimistic. 

morale of the story: don't do anything until the ink is dry 

I would like to know how do you convince your boss to increase your salary and what you experienced. 

Lately, at my part-time job, my coworkers are leaving because they found another place that would pay them higher. 

I know in general people ask for a salary increase because they believe they deserve it. So, I would bring up arguments about my performance and skills. I worked in the past in a company said there is no salary increase because they have financial problems...

Another situation is that when my coworker ask for a salary increase and didn't get it. Now, they want to increase his salary because he is leaving, but it's too late he said he already accepted the other job offer and don't want to go back over his choice. Some people would say tell your boss that you are leaving if you don't get a salary increase. I could say that but what if I don't find another job ... That's why after a refusal, I would look elsewhere and just leave.

Sometimes, asking for a salary increase is also another bunch of reason. Why your coworkers are more paid than you when you can be as good as them or why when you do the double of the work because it is low staffed, you cannot have a salary increase or why should you work here if you can be paid more somewhere else. Some people would not work elsewhere in the fear if they don't get along with the other people. Like, if right now you really like your coworkers, sometimes it is hard to leave. 

Another situation, the boss would suggest that he will accept the salary increase if you work more hours and give you more tasks... I feel this is like a fake salary increase because he gives you more job , so...you should be paid more anyways. In that case, would you accept?

I would like to read your own experience and advice. 

• 1 month later...

If it was my job, reasons to get an increase is show interest in taking on bigger challenges/ assignments. But if you're colleague left after not getting a pay rise, and then they tried to offer a pay rise- maybe you're in favour of getting a rise? I mean, if there is few left with experience now they should value the ones they have left. 

If you prepare good arguments you can always try, and if the boss still says no to the increase you still have your job. 

I personally asked for a pay rise after I finished my education ( I'm a pay-roll administrator), or I said to my boss that she have to value my education in some way since the "authorities" who give you a pay-roll license value the education as a three-year old experience, and that the average pay on the market for a payroll administrator is 3 300 dollars.
And I know that most of the people that works at the pay-roll office don't have an education.
So I got a 254 dollar raise actually.

So come prepared, look up good arguments to prove that you deserve a raise so that the boss can't say no. Don't just agree if the boss ask you to talk about it right now, you can take your time and come prepared on a different day.

and if you don't agree with your boss you don't have to say yes there on the spot, say you'll reconsider it and come back. That might give your employer some cold sweat:wink:

Good luck

On 2017-12-13 at 1:34 PM, MissAria said:

I would like to know how do you convince your boss to increase your salary and what you experienced. 

Lately, at my part-time job, my coworkers are leaving because they found another place that would pay them higher. 

I know in general people ask for a salary increase because they believe they deserve it. So, I would bring up arguments about my performance and skills. I worked in the past in a company said there is no salary increase because they have financial problems...

Another situation is that when my coworker ask for a salary increase and didn't get it. Now, they want to increase his salary because he is leaving, but it's too late he said he already accepted the other job offer and don't want to go back over his choice. Some people would say tell your boss that you are leaving if you don't get a salary increase. I could say that but what if I don't find another job ... That's why after a refusal, I would look elsewhere and just leave.

Sometimes, asking for a salary increase is also another bunch of reason. Why your coworkers are more paid than you when you can be as good as them or why when you do the double of the work because it is low staffed, you cannot have a salary increase or why should you work here if you can be paid more somewhere else. Some people would not work elsewhere in the fear if they don't get along with the other people. Like, if right now you really like your coworkers, sometimes it is hard to leave. 

Another situation, the boss would suggest that he will accept the salary increase if you work more hours and give you more tasks... I feel this is like a fake salary increase because he gives you more job , so...you should be paid more anyways. In that case, would you accept?

I would like to read your own experience and advice. 

Oh, I noticed now that this was sent on Dec 13th xD How did it go? Are you still left, and did you get a salary increase?

Got pressure a lot from responsibility and skills to achieve. Start from the tools that must be used and maintenanced rightly, till ensure people I work with are safe. Even there is safety officer, it kills me when my undervisor injured. The clash between field people and management.. Now I'm really not ready with those hardworks, lying on this bed, injured again on field with this unconscious mind. Talked to uppers about my condition but we don't have right human resource for.. And if they find another man, it equals to be replaced. Honestly, at time like this I just want to escape and run from it but sadly, I need that to complete my number one responsibility. I'm so tired

@kokodus yeah the situation has been started since I entered. I enjoyed it, all the pressure and how challenging the works but haha.. Ngl at this time my soul defeated so do the body follow. I want rest but yeah, crucial moment equally be replaced. My body already in this shaky stage so let's just make it pass, hope they are weighing me.

Archived